[Current Drama 2024] A Virtuous Business/Quiet Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young & Lee Se Hee

larus

Woo Hyun-joo, Appearance in 'Quiet Sales'... Role of Jo Soon-ae

589162_607263_349.jpg

‘Quiet Sales’ is a full-fledged sex-related drama about the independence, growth, and friendship of the ‘Bangpan Sisters’, a four-member group that jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, when ‘sex’ was taboo. In the drama, Woo Hyun-joo plays the role of the widow ‘Jo Soon-ae’.

Jo Soon-ae is a cute woman who runs a ‘Star Video Rental Store’ in Geumje, and she will add vitality to Geumje as a character with a unique girlish sensibility.

Woo Hyun-joo, who recently appeared in ‘Wedding Battle’ as ‘Mrs. Jeong’ and has been active in historical dramas, has proven herself to be a multi-player by showing off her unique character across both the home theater and the stage, such as tvN’s ‘Adamas’, MBC’s ‘Doctor Royer’, tvN’s ‘High Class’, and the play ‘Gihyungdo Play’. ‘Quiet Sales’ starring Woo Hyun-joo will first air on October 12th.

https://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=589162

20240925071527_a-virtuous-business-5_54bKim So Yeon, Kim Sun Young, Kim Sung Ryung, And Lee Se Hee Go All Out In Marketing Their Products In “A Virtuous Business"

Sep 25, 2024
by E Ezeji

Upcoming drama “A Virtuous Business” has shared brand new stills featuring Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young, and Lee Se Hee!

A remake of the British television series “Brief Encounters,” “A Virtuous Business” will tell the story of the independence, growth, and friendship of four women who delve into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village back in 1992, when it was still taboo to talk about sex.

The highlight of the show is the acting performances of Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young, and Lee Se Hee, who collectively boast nearly 100 years of acting experience and numerous awards. These four actresses pour their hearts and souls into their roles, even going as far as performing daring sales demonstrations.

One prime example of this is the lingerie show in the stills below. There’s no better marketing strategy than a live demonstration. Additionally, this was an era when lingerie was viewed purely as functional undergarments meant to conceal certain body parts.

As a result, the saleswomen’s customers, accustomed to traditional styles, find the lingerie—with its sheer fabrics and lace—both strange and bizarre. This is why the saleswomen personally try on the lingerie, study them, and even put on a lingerie show for their customers.

a-virtuous-business-1_a5efde.jpg

a-virtuous-business-2_5deea8.jpg

Spoiler

a-virtuous-business-3_c1687c.jpg

a-virtuous-business-4_8afb6f.jpg

Each of the saleswomen has a personal story behind their decision to embrace the unconventional career of selling adult products. The leader, Han Jung Sook (Kim So Yeon), enters the business to support her unreliable husband, who frequently gets into fights and struggles to make a decent living.

Ok Geum Hee (Kim Sung Ryung) discovers she has a talent for translating English manuals for adult products, which opens up a new world for her as she tries to break free from her boring life.

Seo Young Bok (Kim Sun Young) dreams of escaping poverty. Despite being admired by others, her husband fails to provide for their family, leaving them cramped in a one-room apartment with four children. Single mom Lee Joo Ri (Lee Se Hee) strives to overcome societal prejudices with the support of her strong older sisters.

“A Virtuous Business” will premiere on October 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1690796wpp/kim-so-yeon-kim-sun-young-kim-sung-ryung-and-lee-se-hee-go-all-out-in-marketing-their-products-in-a-virtuous-business

• Like 1

Yeon Woo-jin puzzles over Kim So-yeon’s Virtuous Business

by tccolb

Smuggling in more rompy goods for the soon opening A Virtuous Business, JTBC delivered a new poster and teaser, and it’s time for our budding sales lady Kim So-yeon (Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938) to make her introductions with leading man Yeon Woo-jin (Nothing Uncovered).

Newcomer Kim Do-hyun (Yeon Woo-jin) certainly gets a drama hero’s entrance as the teaser begins, cruising into the backwater village and swaggering out of his fancy car in his 1990s best. His first stop is the police station where he reports for duty, arousing curiosity for his voluntary transfer from Seoul’s Gangnam unit. Do-hyun deflects saying, “This just seemed like a nice place to live.” And what with the camera zooming in on “Police Record Archive Room,” the captions hammer it in that there’s something ~suspicious~ about our man.

Here enters our Han Jung-sook (Kim So-yeon) who runs to Do-hyun, begging for help after accidentally leaving her bag on the bus. She pleads that, “It’s my life’s last hope,” and Do-hyun reluctantly lends a hand. But Jung-sook’s elation lasts mere seconds as she dives with said retrieved bag into the classic trip, fall, and catch trope. The (romantic?) moment is then cut short and a stoic Do-hyun picks up the fallen items, asking, “These things are your last hope, is that right?”

Mortified, Jung-sook vents out her frustrations and the captions describe her as, “the odd woman from the village.” Still, Do-hyun is amused by her efforts to boost her own spirits and even sits with Jung-sook to answer questions from her strange survey. He can’t help but be concerned when he runs into our stumbling heroine in the streets and while this is all very cute, I’m confused because I thought Jung-sook was married? Though I suppose we didn’t get a full back story yet.

In any case, the teaser then comes to an end with Do-hyun investigating an allegation about a brothel operating in the neighborhood. But when he and his partner arrive at the house, Jung-sook is taken aback to learn that Do-hyun is a cop. All the while, Do-hyun is surprised to see Jung-sook there with the rest of our sales ladies: Kim Sung-ryung (The Frog), Kim Sun-young (Queen of Divorce), and Lee Se-hee (Bad Prosecutor).

Adapted from the popular British series Brief Encounters, production for the period comedy has PD Jo Woong (Love All Play) directing and scripts by Choi Bo-rim (My Roommate Is a Gumiho, What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim). Slated to premiere on October 12, JTBC’s A Virtuous Business will be broadcasting in the weekend slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/yeon-woo-jin-puzzles-over-kim-so-yeons-virtuous-business/

• Like 1

[Making] 100% Fun Guaranteed The Cheerful & Bold Bangpan Sisters Are Here Behind the Script Reading of <Quiet Sales>|A Virtuous Business

[Special Offer] For those who want a fantasy world! Quiet Desire 3-piece set open! ㅣ <Quiet Sales> First broadcast on 10/12 (Sat) at 10:30 PM

• Like 1

'Quiet Sales', a groundbreaking promotion that brings back memories of the 1990s

6405b2ed-768a-482e-89b7-6e3fde37c282.jpg

JTBC's new weekend drama 'Quiet Sales' (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim, provided by SLL, produced by Hi-Zium Studio, 221b) is a full-fledged sex tape drama that depicts the independence, growth, and friendship of the 'Sisters of the Door-to-Door Sales' four members who jumped into the door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, a time when 'sex' was taboo.

The quiet sales leader 'Han Jeong-sook' (Kim So-yeon), the elegant brain 'Oh Geum-hee' (Kim Sung-ryung), the professional and passionate 'Seo Young-bok' (Kim Sun-young), and the youngest fact bomber 'Lee Joo-ri' (Lee Se-hee) will boldly reveal their hidden desires and boldly embark on a bold adult product sales, opening the door to a new world.

In relation to this, 'Quiet Sales' released a marketing teaser video incorporating the drama's concept on the September 25th. The home shopping promotion is being carried out with the theme of adult products, the drama’s unique retro comedy sensibility, and the sales concept of ‘Bangpan Sisters’. From the lively narration to the colorful subtitles and video editing style, the home shopping concept and fun settings that perfectly recreate the mood of that time are already leading potential viewers to ‘Back to the 90s’ and are simultaneously raising their expectations and curiosity about the drama.

The item that is being proposed in this home shopping video is the ‘3-piece set of modest desires’. It includes high-quality underwear in a classy, elegant, and sophisticated French European style, American-style fur decorations for added elegance, and romantic pajamas that boast the soft texture of Italian silk. The highlight is the phone order event. If you actually call the phone number (070-7106-4343) in the video, actress Kim So-yeon will personally help you with your order. If you follow the instructions and press the number corresponding to the product you want to participate in the event, a generous prize awaits you.

97785feb-56c6-46ca-b281-bce284f59d04.jpg

Not only that, but the nostalgic bookend goods were also produced. The image of the 'Bangpan Sisters' in the flyer concept that was released together is exactly that. Jeong-suk who says "not even tea but *do", Geum-hee who says "I live every night enjoying myself", Yeong-bok who says "I just changed my underwear and it turned out to be like setting my husband on fire", and Juri who says "Let's proudly enjoy women's right to happiness" make you want to buy the items sold by the 'Bangpan Sisters' right away. This nostalgic bookend that will make your eyes pop will be inserted into the October issues of Elle, Cosmopolitan, and Bazaar magazines. You can watch the home shopping video above with the QR code in the bookend, and you can also participate in the phone order event where you can win a generous prize with the number written on it.

'Quiet Sales', which has already been giving pleasure to potential viewers with various promotions, will be first broadcast on JTBC on Saturday, October 12th at 10:30 PM.

• Like 1

JTBC's new weekend drama 'Quiet Sales' (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim) is heralding a story of indecency. The production team has pointed out the fun points of indecency that are compressed.

130106723.1.jpg

● A proper indecency drama by Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee

The production team said, "In 1992, when people were shocked just by mentioning 'sex', the entire rural village of Geumje is turned upside down. This is because the four door-to-door salespeople, Han Jeong-sook (played by Kim So-yeon), Oh Geum-hee (played by Kim Sung-ryung), Seo Young-bok (played by Kim Sun-young), and Lee Joo-ri (played by Lee Se-hee), are quietly and cautiously supporting their husbands and taking care of their children at home, but instead, they are busy with door-to-door sales with a bundle of strange items in their arms. They said, “What they sell is not for covering or protecting, but for showing off, and various adult products that lead couples into the world of ‘hot nights.’” “Among them, the new products that vibrate straight up make housewives faint. In a time when it was uncomfortable to express sexual desire, and even considered it noble and moral to be uncomfortable, the four members of the Bangpan group clearly say ‘sex’ instead of ‘RickRoll'D’, and they even put on a lingerie show as if they were ignoring everyone’s gossip and ignoring them, and the scandalous Bangpan drama of the Bangpan group is a key point of entertainment that will turn the living room theater upside down.”

● The story of self-reliance and friendship of housewives who proudly stand up for their desires in a tightly shut world

The production team explained, “In a time when selling adult products was never easy, the reason the Bangpan group of four members did not back down was because door-to-door sales were their ‘last hope in life.’” Jeong-suk, who used to be a beautiful woman with a golden chili pepper, lives with a job advertisement. As her eight-year-old son grows up, she often needs money, but her husband Kwon Seong-soo (played by Choi Jae-rim) is not good at making money and always causes trouble. Geum-hee, who grew up well while being called ‘Miss’ in those days, is frustrated because of her husband Choi Won-bong (played by Kim Won-hae), who nags her to stay home all day and do flower arrangements like a ‘progressive modern woman’. Yeong-bok, who lives with her incompetent husband Park Jong-seon (played by Im Cheol-soo) and four children in a small one-room apartment, still wants to buy a decent desk for her eldest daughter who studies at the dinner table. Single mother Joo-ri also needs money to raise her son alone. “She is involved in all sorts of scandals in the neighborhood, and even her family criticizes her by saying, ‘You sell cheap stuff,’ and ‘You’re not that kind of woman,’ but she is determined to ‘not close down the business!’”

130106722.1.jpg

The production team said, "It started out as a small wish to make money on their own to do something good for their children and escape from their boring daily lives, but as they learn how to sell items that were ahead of their time in a closed world and straighten out their desires, the process of the four street vendors challenging themselves, changing, and becoming each other's strength is expected to present a heartwarming and entertaining experience."

● Suspicious man from Seoul Yeon Woo-jin, catching two birds with one stone, mystery and romance

The production team said, “Suspicious man from Seoul Kim Do-hyun (played by Yeon Woo-jin)’s performance is also an interesting point that cannot be missed. Do-hyun, who made the hearts of women flutter from his first appearance by getting out of a jeep with no roof and taking off his sunglasses, is a detective who was doing well at the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul. The reason why he came down to this rural town where he seems to have no connection is a point that is hidden behind a veil. His mystery that sprouted because of this is further amplified when he is caught secretly going in and out of the empty police document storage room. Above all, the strange atmosphere with Jeong-suk that he met in Geumje raises expectations for the story of the two people.”

He added, “Jeong-suk, who desperately asked for help, saying it was her ‘last hope in life,’ was holding adult products such as underwear, a whip, and handcuffs. After an embarrassing encounter, Do-hyeon continues to get involved with Jeong-suk. She is criticized by the neighborhood for selling adult products, and Jeong-suk overcomes it bravely. It makes you laugh. “The mysterious man from Seoul, Do-hyeon, is thinking about what he is thinking, and what kind of relationship he will develop with Jeong-suk. The audience is focused on his exciting activities.”

The full-fledged sex-related drama “Jeong-suk Sales,” which depicts the story of independence, growth, and friendship of four door-to-door salesmen in a rural village in 1992, when “sex” was taboo, will premiere on Saturday, October 12 at 10:30 p.m.

• Like 1

'Quiet Sales' Kim Sung-ryung "Kim So-yeon, whatever she does, she's fun and cute" [Star Pictorial]

3335f65962f7b6ca017793a1c77526d3b774794d

d652017982e7ee893c0a22f80f08307ce1ebd4f0

807b4b796c46c541b11cb1a6a56cdc9433ec55ac

Spoiler

aead34c58577f6a3e59d28b27161227c35609922

The four actors showed a friendly atmosphere throughout the photoshoot. When Kim So-yeon said, “It’s different because we’re immersed in filming a drama and then gathered for a photoshoot. I’m looking forward to it because I think our story will be told in a witty way,” Kim Sung-ryung expressed her affection, saying, “I don’t know why So-yeon is so fun and cute no matter what she does. It’s so great to see the women’s stories unfold. It’s really our splendid outing.” Kim Sun-young also responded, “It’s really meaningful that four women in their 30s to 50s are together like this. Since we have a lot of common topics, we become close quickly and the synergy is great,” not hiding her special feelings. Meanwhile, the youngest, Lee Se-hee, added, “I didn’t know that working with such reliable older sisters would be such a source of support. If even one of us leaves during filming, I feel the empty space right away.” When asked how they initially approached the core keyword of the work, ‘adult product door-to-door salesperson,’ they all responded that it was refreshing and interesting. Kim Sung-ryung and Kim Sun-young each expressed their anticipation, saying, “Now, we can deal with topics like this in dramas. It seems so fun,” and “As actors, it’s exciting to be able to create new content. Aren’t we already exposed to works of various levels and topics through OTT?” Kim So-yeon expressed her satisfaction, saying, “When I saw the reactions of people around me who showed curiosity the moment they heard the topic, I felt that our work was gaining great strength from the beginning.” Lee Se-hee also did not hide her affection, saying, “There are some burdensome aspects, but I tried to focus more on how to act with my seniors on set. I had high expectations for filming.” As the work depicts the friendship and growth of women in different situations, led by the ordinary and modest housewife Jeong-suk (Kim So-yeon), I asked if there was anything she would like to say to contemporary women. Kim So-yeon said, “Even if you experience numerous trials and errors and failures, I hope you push forward if you think this is the right path. “Even if the reward isn’t immediately visible, it comes to you like an unexpected gift one day,” said Kim Sung-ryung, “From my perspective, my position seems to be right. Seeing from the other person’s perspective and developing understanding is a more important value in life than you think,” said Lee Se-hee, “I think we’re all too strict with ourselves. I hope you treat yourself as you would cheer on someone precious to you,” and shared her encouragement. Kim Sun-young said that she learns more from her conversations with her daughter, and shared a part of the conversation, “It would be good to think about what you like and want first rather than what you’re good at.”

The pictorials and interviews with the four actors can be found in the October issue of Elle and on the Elle website, and the YouTube film can be found on the Elle channel.

• Like 1

Jeong Yeong-ju, Kim So-yeon's lingerie 'earthquake in the pupils'... Strong opposition to indecency (Quiet Sales)

1727400328605571.jpg

'Quiet Sales' Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee were blocked by the 'Anti-Sisters'.

JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Quiet Sales' is a full-fledged sex scandal drama that depicts the story of independence, growth, and friendship of the 'Sisters of the Door-to-Door Sales' four people who jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, a time when 'sex' was taboo.

In Geumje, the setting of this work, there are powerful figures who lead public opinion in the neighborhood. The main characters are the housewives who run a supermarket (Park Ok-chul), a meat shop (Park Ji-ah), a rice shop (Kim Sun-mi), and a hardware store (Joo In-young), led by 'Bokdeokbang Madam' Heo Young-ja (Jung Young-joo).

When they get along, they show off their fantastic 'tiki-taka', but when they don't, they are prone to bickering and 'turning things around'. In particular, Young-ja, the real deal, is a master of turning things around in Geumje.

Young-ja seems to have a happy family, with a rich husband who is the most successful in Geumje and grown-up siblings. However, in reality, she has been living a show-window couple life for a long time, her daughter is getting older without getting married, and her son has a complex about not having a good education or job. So she can't gossip about anything, and if she doesn't gossip, she feels so suffocated that she can't live her life.

The four people who fell for her target are the 'Bangpan Sisters'. They go around selling strange and outrageous items in the neighborhood and make the hearts of virtuous housewives flutter, so they can't look good. Accordingly, supermarkets, butcher shops, rice shops, and hardware stores that have no choice but to follow the orders of those in power come together to form a quiet guardian of the golden age.

1727400340545811.jpg

As the public opinion behind these 'anti-sisters' grows stronger, the missions that the 'Bangpan Sisters' 4-member group must solve will increase. Above all, they must break down the high walls of their main customer base in order to succeed in door-to-door sales.

Accordingly, as the 'anti-sisters' are actively performing, the fun of watching is expected to increase, and the supporting actors who appear for only one minute on TV, screen, and stage, Park Ok-chul, Park Ji-ah, Kim Sun-mi, and Joo In-young have gathered together. Their acting, which is full of human touch and will give viewers very human laughter, has already begun from the first script rehearsal scene.

The still cuts released today (the 27th) show the 'anti-sisters' having their pupils dilate after seeing the colorful, sexy lingerie and 'fantastic' vibrating items sold by Jeong-suk (Kim So-yeon). The acting of these people, who tell so much with just their facial expressions, is already foreshadowing 'great fun', and the production team said, "The veteran licorice actors will throw a bomb of laughter in the middle of the drama. Please look forward to the performance of Jeong Yeong-ju, Park Ok-chul, Park Ji-ah, Kim Sun-mi, and Joo In-young, who will constantly show their presence in the right places."

'Quiet Sales' will first air on JTBC at 10:30 PM on October 12.

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1909573

• Like 1

Women who hold the steering wheel of life properly, <Quiet Sales> pictorial shoot Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee. The reason why the four burst into laughter

Profile by Lee Maru 2024.09.27

6f890cde4b11e91fba7b06003960f3279a71c1be

f08f2a28d95867d38a5c2ce55a5fec29dc33d76d

Spoiler

c3a3c7197b8c1592c918fb2694a0e099b6ea7d7c

173a09500089c80aa19770b3fe83d8023557ffb7

d652017982e7ee893c0a22f80f08307ce1ebd4f0

d5e7f26fc24564196bc25be7a6db9bd9acf99153

3335f65962f7b6ca017793a1c77526d3b774794d

Women who hold the steering wheel of life properly, <Quiet Sales> pictorial shoot Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee. The reason why the four burst into laughter Profile by Lee Maru 2024.09.27

The four members of the JTBC drama <Quiet Sales>, Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee, met with the magazine <Elle>. As the work contains the story of women who challenge themselves as door-to-door salespeople for adult products in the 1990s with their own stories, the pictorial shoot focused on wittily expressing the keyword ‘saleswoman.’

The four actors were cheerful throughout the photoshoot. When Kim So-yeon said, “It’s different to be immersed in a drama filming and then come together for a photoshoot. I think our story will be told in a witty way, so I’m looking forward to it,” Kim Sung-ryung expressed her affection, saying, “I don’t know why So-yeon is so fun and cute no matter what she does. It’s so great to see the women’s stories unfold. It’s truly our splendid outing.” Kim Sun-young also did not hide her feelings, saying, “It’s really meaningful that four women in their 30s to 50s are together like this. Since we have a lot in common, we become close quickly and the synergy is great.” Meanwhile, the youngest, Lee Se-hee, added, “I didn’t know that working with such reliable older sisters would be this much of a support. If even one of us leaves during filming, I immediately feel the empty spot.”

When asked how they initially approached the core keyword of the work, 'Adult Product Door-to-Door Salesperson,' everyone responded that it was refreshing and interesting. Kim Sung-ryung and Kim Sun-young each expressed their anticipation, saying, "Now this kind of topic can be dealt with in a drama. It seemed so fun," and "As actors, it's exciting to be able to create new content. Aren't we already exposed to works of various levels and topics through OTT?" Kim So-yeon expressed her satisfaction, saying, "When I saw the reactions of people around me who showed curiosity the moment they heard the topic, I felt that our work was gaining a lot of strength from the beginning." Lee Se-hee also did not hide her affection, saying, "There were some burdensome aspects, but I tried to focus more on how to act with my seniors on set. I had high expectations for filming."

As this is a work that depicts the friendship and growth of women in different situations, led by the ordinary and modest housewife Jeong-suk (Kim So-yeon), we asked if there was anything she wanted to say to contemporary women. Kim So-yeon said, “Even if you experience numerous trials and errors and failures, if you think this is the right path, I hope you push forward. Even if the reward is not immediately visible, it may come to you like an unexpected gift one day.” Kim Sung-ryung said, “From my perspective, my position seems to be right. It is more important in life than you think to see the other person’s perspective and develop understanding.” Lee Se-hee said, “I think we are all too strict with ourselves. I hope you treat yourself as you would support someone precious to you.” Kim Sun-young shared a part of the conversation, saying, “I think I learn more from my conversations with my daughter, and I hope you think about what you like and want first, rather than what you are good at.” The pictorial and interview of the four actors of the drama <Quiet Sales>, which will be first aired on October 12th at 10:30 PM, can be found in the October issue of <Elle> and on the Elle website, and the YouTube film can be found on the Elle YouTube channel.

https://www.elle.co.kr/article/1871156

• Like 2

Spoiler

20240927174045_a-virtuous-business3.jpg?

"A Virtuous Business" Stars Talk About Drama's Theme + Share Empowering Messages For Women

The stars of the upcoming drama “A Virtuous Business”—Kim So Yeon, Kim Sun Young, Kim Sung Ryung, and Lee Se Hee—joined Elle Korea for a pictorial and interview!

A remake of the British television series “Brief Encounters,” “A Virtuous Business” will tell the story of the independence, growth, and friendship of four women who delve into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village back in 1992, when it was still taboo to talk about sex.  The four actresses showcased their chemistry and appeared cheerful throughout the photo shoot.

In an interview that followed the shoot, they were asked about their initial reaction to the drama’s main premise: adult product sales representatives. Kim Sung Ryung said, “[I thought,] ‘So these kinds of themes can be explored in a drama now.’ It sounded really interesting.” Kim Sun Young expressed her anticipation by saying, ”As an actor, being able to create new content is a joy in and of itself. And through OTT platforms, we’re already engaging with a wide variety of themes and more explicit content.”

Kim So Yeon remarked, “As soon as the people around me heard about the subject matter, they expressed curiosity. Seeing their reactions made me feel like our project was gaining strength from the very beginning.” Lee Se Hee added, “While there were aspects that were a bit daunting, I tried to focus more on how to act with the senior actors. I was really looking forward to filming the drama.”

a-virtuous-business-11.jpg

When asked what messages they want to share with modern-day women, Kim So Yeon said encouragingly, “I hope that even if they experience countless trials and failures, they will keep pushing forward if they believe their path is right. Rewards might seem distant at first, but sometimes they come unexpectedly as a gift.”

Kim Sung Ryung noted, “Everyone feels like their stance is correct if they only look at things from their point of view. Developing empathy by seeing things from others’ viewpoints is an important value in life.”

a-virtuous-business1.jpg

Lee Se Hee remarked, “We tend to be too hard on ourselves. I hope we can treat ourselves with the same kindness we show our loved ones.”

Finally, Kim Sun Young shared insights from conversations with her daughter, emphasizing, “I hope they first consider what they love and desire, rather than just what they can do well.”

Spoiler

a-virtuous-business2.jpg

a-virtuous-business3-1.jpg

The full pictorial and interview will be available in the October issue of Elle Korea.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691545wpp/a-virtuous-business-cast-talks-about-dramas-theme-shares-empowering-messages-for-women

• Like 1

News bites: September 28, 2024

by tccolb

6405b2ed-768a-482e-89b7-6e3fde37c282.jpg

A Virtuous Business’s luxurious 3-set deal is now on sale for our 1990s characters, spotlighting our leading ladies in a magazine spread of the times for the latest posters. Cornering the market of JTBC’s kinky door-to-door sales, Kim So-yeon (Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938), Kim Sung-ryung (The Frog), Kim Sun-young (Queen of Divorce), and Lee Se-hee (Bad Prosecutor) will be starting their rounds on October 12. [MBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/news-bites-september-28-2024/

20240929091721_a-virtuous-business-2-.jpWatch: Kim So Yeon Finds Confidence With Support From Her Squad And Yeon Woo Jin In "A Virtuous Business" Teaser

Sep 29, 2024
by S Nam

JTBC’s “A Virtuous Business” has unveiled an exciting new highlight teaser!

A remake of the British television series “Brief Encounters,” “A Virtuous Business” will tell the story of the independence, growth, and friendship of four women who delve into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village back in 1992, when it was still taboo to talk about sex.

The newly released teaser introduces the cast of “A Virtuous Business,” beginning with Han Jung Sook (Kim So Yeon), who dives into the sales of adult products to support her unreliable husband. Mouth agape while looking at an array of adult products, Han Jung Sook learns from a saleswoman, “This is not just lingerie. It’s not to hide or protect. This is lingerie for show.”

Ok Geum Hee (Kim Sung Ryung), who discovers she has a talent for translating English manuals for adult products, joins the business in a way to escape from boredom. Seo Young Bok (Kim Sun Young) boldly takes part to escape poverty, while Lee Joo Ri (Lee Se Hee) partakes in the business in order to make a living as a single mother.

As Han Jung Sook delves deeper into the business, she unexpectedly becomes intertwined with ace detective Kim Do Hyun (Yeon Woo Jin), who supports her endeavors along the way, believing in her even as she faces prejudice and disapproval from the conservative village.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691626wpp/watch-kim-so-yeon-finds-confidence-with-support-from-her-squad-and-yeon-woo-jin-in-a-virtuous-business-teaser

• Like 1

'Quiet Sales' Kim So-yeon → Lee Se-hee, 5 people, 5 colors poster.. Secret weapon revealed

5eaf5e8ac1a342a4a746a2f49f875ae0.jpg

Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee each revealed their sales secrets.

JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Quiet Sales' (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim) is a full-fledged sex scandal drama that depicts the story of independence, growth, and friendship of the 'Bangpan Sisters' four people who jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, a time when 'sex' was taboo.

#. The 'Sincerity' of Kim So-yeon, the leader of the 'Bangpan Sisters'

Just like her name, the quiet and careful leader Han Jeong-sook approaches customers with ‘sincerity’. Although she entered the door-to-door sales of adult products to pay for living expenses and her son’s education, Jeong-sook, who was conservative and passive about sex, also blushed at first just looking at adult products. Kim So-yeon revealed that “sincerity and sincerity” are Jeong-sook’s secret weapons. “When she holds an adult product, that kind of look comes together and makes me want to try it out too.” She says, “If you quietly raise your right hand, I will help you with the purchase.” This is why you want to open the box she is holding right away, wondering what kind of ‘sincerity’ is in it.

#. Handsome Sheriff of Geumjeongsi, Yeon Woo-jin’s ‘Iron Fortress’

Do-hyun, who appeared with a ‘handsome’ face like a Hollywood actor that is hard to find in Geumjeongsi, made women’s hearts flutter. However, his real charm and sales secret weapon is actually his ‘iron fortress.’ He graduated from high school in the United States and was a successful detective at the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul. He is a character that makes you even more curious because he thoroughly draws a line and keeps his distance from the affectionate nosy people of the countryside who interfere in small matters and approach him without hesitation. Yeon Woo-jin said, “Because he has lived abroad for a long time, the countryside culture is unfamiliar to Do-hyeon. That sense of alienation of the character becomes an interesting element as the drama unfolds. The process of him gradually blending in and becoming more natural is also something I am looking forward to.”

#. ‘Bangpan Sisters’ Brain, Kim Sung-ryung’s ‘Intellect’

Oh Geum-hee grew up hearing ‘Miss’ in those days, and she is a character with ‘intellect’ who graduated from Ewha Womans University’s English Literature Department. Her class is clearly different from the elegance that permeates even her gestures. At first, she only helped Jeong-suk, who was a housekeeper, by unexpectedly donating her talents to interpreting adult product manuals written in English. However, she opens her eyes to the true meaning of the product’s motto, “Women also have the right to enjoy passionate sexual desires.” And gradually, the wall that had confined her is broken down, and she feels ‘alive’, and she becomes more sincere to Bangpan than anyone else. Geum-hee, who says, “I know exactly what this is,” takes the lead as the ‘eldest sister’ by providing ideas from foreign novels and movies that she enjoyed reading, beyond English interpretation.

#. ‘Bangpan Sisters’ professional enthusiast, Kim Seon-yeong’s ‘tenacity’

A wife who is loved more than anyone else, but worried because of her husband who is not good at finding things and her four children, from the eldest in middle school to the youngest who is a newborn. Her goal is to escape poverty in a single-room apartment. Yeong-bok has something that Jeong-suk and Geum-hee do not have. As Kim Seon-yeong revealed, “Yeong-bok has the inner strength to raise four children.” That is why Yeong-bok has the ability to charm customers with her “refreshing and honest speech, sad smile, and friendly and bright personality.” Above all, with the determination to “Is there anyone in Joseon who doesn’t wear underwear? Let’s start with what!”, Yeong-bok’s ‘tenacity’, such as learning specialized terms used in the world of sex by mobilizing a dictionary, is unmatched by anyone.

#. ‘Bangpan Sisters’ Pack-bomber, Lee Se-hee’s ‘Personality’

Juri, a ‘pack-bomber’ who speaks the truth with cute words and a rare fashion person who leads cutting-edge trends. Her ‘hot’ ‘personality’ can be felt just from her image. Lee Se-hee explained, “Juri runs a beauty salon, so she is very skilled at dealing with customers and is very good at praising them without holding back.” So when Juri says, “This is a cute slutty slutty, and this is an overt slutty slutty!”, I suddenly feel the desire to buy the item she is holding, even if it is a purple whip, and I feel like I would become ‘slutty slutty’ if I wore fantasy lingerie.

In the meantime, ‘Quiet Sales’ will first air on JTBC on Saturday, October 12th at 10:30 PM.

https://news.zum.com/articles/93531740

Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Lee Se Hee, And More Reveal Their Secret Weapons In

Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Lee Se Hee, And More Reveal Their Secret Weapons In "A Virtuous Business" Posters

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691765wpp/kim-so-yeon-yeon-woo-jin-lee-se-hee-and-more-reveal-their-secret-weapons-in-a-virtuous-business-posters

Jung Young Joo Is The Most Influential Woman Opposing Kim So Yeon In Their Village In

Jung Young Joo Is The Most Influential Woman Opposing Kim So Yeon In Their Village In "A Virtuous Business"

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691785wpp/jung-young-joo-is-the-most-influential-woman-opposing-kim-so-yeon-in-their-village-in-a-virtuous-business

• Like 1

Kim So-yeon's feelings about selling adult products for adults "What on earth are you selling?" (Quiet Sales) (Interview)

130138761.1.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon changes her face once again.

Kim So-yeon, who left a strong impression in the dramas “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” and “Penthouse” series, will attempt an acting transformation in JTBC’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Quiet Sales” (directed by Jo Woong and written by Choi Bo-rim). Kim So-yeon said, “I am so grateful for receiving so much love for my strong-feeling character, but I always wanted to challenge myself with various genres and roles. I read many scripts while thinking that I want to do better in calm acting, have a desire for comedy, and want to act in a way that breaks the existing image of actress Kim So-yeon.”

Regarding the reason she chose “Quiet Sales,” she said, “I was drawn to the idea that Han Jeong-sook of “Quiet Sales” could show all of these things,” and “At first, I had doubts like, ‘Selling adult products in a drama? Is that possible?’ At the same time, I was curious and wondered, ‘What on earth are they selling?’ It seems meaningful that 'Quiet Sales', which deals with a subject that has been taboo for a long time, has broken through a certain area of drama material. The important thing is how to express the subject of 'sex', and in that sense, the fact that this work contains the story of our lives without being burdensome was attractive."

Kim So-yeon said, "It's definitely the 1990s that I know, but the world of adults that I didn't know when I was young is added, so I liked the retro but fresh and new feeling." She added, "Even if it's the same song, the memories, feelings, and scenes that come to mind are different depending on the person listening, and I'm excited to think that through this work, the generation of our mothers who were young in the 1990s, the generation that was young then but is now an adult, and the younger generation today will all receive it with different feelings."

130138760.1.jpg

Han Jeong-sook, played by Kim So-yeon, is a character who lives a cautious and quiet life like her name, but reaches a turning point in her life when she starts selling adult products door-to-door. Han Jeong-sook, who started selling adult products door-to-door with the urgency of motherly love, finds meaning in her work as a door-to-door salesperson as time goes by and even achieves her ‘dream’. Kim So-yeon, who deeply sympathizes with and feels affection for the passionate salesperson who often makes cute mistakes due to her naivety but increases the desire to buy with her sincerity, said that she wanted to root for the character Han Jeong-sook.

Kim So-yeon said, “I am studying and working hard to express Han Jeong-sook’s movements and lines as a salesperson for adult products in a way that is neither too flashy nor too much, and that is pleasant while provoking imagination but not uncomfortable,” and “(During the filming of the first door-to-door sales scene), I put in even more effort because it was my first time, I was nervous and trembling, and I wanted to make people laugh at the same time. I almost got body aches after the filming.”

Lastly, she also talked about her chemistry with Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee. Kim So-yeon said, “When we meet on set, we are so chatty that I am completely out of my mind. I am looking forward to the day I get to film with the four of them. “The chemistry between them is so natural that you can’t tell what’s real and what’s a drama. I think viewers will be able to feel this feeling as well,” she said.

‘Quiet Sales’ will premiere on Saturday the 12th at 10:30 p.m.

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20241001/130138811/1

• Like 1

JTBC ‘Quiet Sales’ Lee Se-hee, ‘Hot’ Girl of 1992

BBSIMAGE_20241001080227_dccd1305200219c4

JTBC's 'Quiet Sales' has released a still cut of 'Hot Girl' Lee Se-hee from 1992, the 'X-Generation Fashion People'.

JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Quiet Sales' is a full-fledged sex scandal drama that depicts the story of independence, growth, and friendship of the 'Bangpan Sisters', a four-member group that jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, when 'sex' was taboo. Lee Se-hee, who has established herself as a popular actress by receiving the spotlight of weekend home theaters, is expected to receive hot attention from viewers by moving to JTBC this time. The character she will play, 'Lee Joo-ri', is a 'fashion person' who enjoys unconventional styling and a 'hot pack-lover' who is good at saying the right thing.

The charming Joo-ri, who runs the ‘Charming Beauty Salon’, walks at the cutting edge of fashion with the ‘Kim Wan-sun perm’ that is hard to imitate, flashy makeup, and tight-fitting clothes that highlight her pretty body.

The problem is that Joo-ri, who shines like this, is too ahead of her time in the conservative neighborhood atmosphere. Furthermore, she is a single mother who gave birth to and raised a son who looks exactly like her, so she often receives unkind prejudices or malicious glances. However, Joo-ri doesn’t really care.

BBSIMAGE_20241001080236_2b533c94b4a40778

Joo-ri will give courage and strength to the 'Bangpan Sisters' including Han Jeong-sook (Kim So-yeon), Oh Geum-hee (Kim Sung-ryung), and Seo Yeong-bok (Kim Sun-young) who get discouraged when they receive harsh attention for selling adult products that cause public indecency.

The production team of 'Quiet Sales' said, "Joo-ri is a character who leads the trend in the 1990s and speaks out for herself, who has courage even in difficult and harsh situations and overcomes the reputation of those around her with self-esteem. The lively energy and bright and cheerful acting of actress Lee Se-hee have given the character a lively vitality. Please look forward to the definite presence of Generation X Joo-ri in the sassy sales of the quiet girls." 'Quiet Sales' will premiere on JTBC at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 12.

https://kstar.kbs.co.kr/list_view.html?idx=333060

• Like 1

Yeon Woo-jin "New adult product material → Kim So-yeon is quite fun to watch" Reason for confidence (Quiet Sales)

1727827280928656.jpg

(Export News Oh Seung-hyun reporter) Yeon Woo-jin said with confidence that 'Quiet Sales' will "really be remembered as a great piece of work in my acting career."

In JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Quiet Sales' (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim), Yeon Woo-jin plays the role of 'Kim Do-hyun', a handsome sheriff in Geumje-si. Do-hyun was a successful detective at Gangnam Police Station, but he is a 'cold city man' who came to Geumje-si with a story of finding something.

While the four 'Bangpan Sisters' who jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products are causing a scandal in Geumje-si, Do-hyun is planning to spread mystery. In this way, he is the most different and interesting character in this work, and Yeon Woo-jin also chose this as the character's charming point. "The sense of difference between Do-hyun and the people of Geumje-si becomes an interesting element as the drama unfolds."

Yeon Woo-jin says that the 90s are “a time when I personally have many warm memories in my heart.” So, “I was drawn to the novelty of the subject of adult products, which I had not dealt with before, but I was really attracted to the fact that it brought back those days that I still have vivid memories of.” Before starting full-scale filming, Yeon Woo-jin looked through a lot of albums at home and watched movies from that time, such as “Christmas in August,” to get that feeling back. This feeling is also reflected in Do-hyun in the drama. Just as the “Bangpan Sisters” face a turning point in their lives through door-to-door sales of adult products, Do-hyun also experiences and feels a different life in Geumje. And Do-hyun, who used to be cynical and different, begins to change.

Yeon Woo-jin also said, “Having grown up in the U.S., I am most looking forward to the process in which he, who was uncomfortable and unfamiliar with the sentimental country people, naturally adapts to that life.”

1727828031717902.jpg

If this nostalgia was the driving force behind Yeon Woo-jin’s good acting, acting with Kim So-yeon was another growth plate for him as an actor. Yeon Woo-jin, who said, “It was quite fun to watch senior Kim So-yeon’s acting,” also shared a vivid review, saying, “I couldn’t help but exclaim in admiration as I watched her design the character in an attractive way.”

The previously released video has revealed the suspicious relationship between the leader of the ‘Bangpan Sisters’, ‘Han Jeong-suk’ (Kim So-yeon), and Do-hyeon, raising curiosity. The story that the two will build up is also highly anticipated. Yeon Woo-jin said that he had a conversation with Kim So-yeon about “I hope ‘Quiet Sales’ will remain as a really good piece in my acting career.” However, he said, “I already felt like it was that way, and I think it will remain as a very precious memory.”

“When we all got dressed up together on set that brought back the 90s and talked about that time, I felt more like we were creating a piece together than ever before. Yeon Woo-jin, who revealed the reason as “I felt warm throughout the filming because I could feel the nostalgia of that time,” left a heartfelt wish at the end, saying, “I hope this warm feeling is well conveyed to the viewers.” The full-fledged sex tape “Quiet Sales,” which depicts the story of independence, growth, and friendship of the four “Sisters of Bangpan” who jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, a time when “sex” was taboo, will first air on JTBC at 10:30 p.m. on October 12.

• Like 1

"Kim So-yeon and Lee Se-hee, the Bangpan Sisters who met on Knowing Brothers, finally appear"

407920_408076_5312.png

[Special Times] Reporter Choi Seon-eun = Broadcasters and the lead actors of a new drama are gathering in one place, creating a buzz. The lead actors of the new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Quiet Sales' will appear on 'Knowing Brothers', which will air on October 12th at 8:50 PM.

The four actresses known as the 'Bangpan Sisters', including Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee, will show viewers a new side of themselves through this broadcast. In particular, Kim So-yeon and Lee Se-hee are making their first appearance on 'Knowing Brothers', raising fans' expectations.

The drama 'Quiet Sales' is a story about four women who start a door-to-door sales business for adult products in a rural village set in 1992. The story unfolds around the independence, growth, and friendship of the main characters in a time when 'sex' was taboo. Their unconventional and interesting subject matter is receiving a lot of attention.

Kim Sun-young confessed her love for Kang Ho-dong when she appeared on 'Knowing Brothers' four years ago. Expectations are high for what new story she will tell in this appearance. Also, Kim Sung-ryung's performance, which has left behind interesting episodes in every appearance, is also receiving much attention.

In the drama 'Quiet Sales', these four actresses will appear as different characters and display their outstanding acting skills. Kim So-yeon shows off her dignity as an actress who received the grand prize, and Lee Se-hee perfectly transformed into the 'Quiet Sales' It-girl.

This episode of 'Knowing Brothers' will depict a pleasant meeting between the brothers and the four actors. It will be fun to watch whether the chemistry in the drama will continue in the actual broadcast.

Episodes related to 'Quiet Sales' can be seen on 'Knowing Brothers', which will air on October 12th at 8:50 PM.

https://www.specialtimes.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=407920

• Like 1