[Current Drama 2024] Midnight Photo Studio, 야한사진관- Joo Won & Kwon Nara-Mon&Tue@10PM KST

larus

by Lily Alice, March 1, 2024

The Genie TV original series The Midnight Studio unveiled its trailer. 

The Midnight Studio unfolds the story of Seo Ki Joo, a photographer who runs a photo studio for ghosts, and Han Bom, a passionate lawyer who ends up working with him.

The trailer gives a glimpse of the photo studio in action. 

Once night falls, the photo studio can be seen bustling with the ghost guests. Only the dead, who were unable to depart to the afterlife due to unfulfilled desires, can enter through the studio's doors. This is why photographer and owner Seo Ki Joo (Joo Won), along with his two ghost employees, Go Dae Ri (Yoo In Soo) and Baek Nam Gu (Eum Moon Suk), warmly greet the ghost guests by saying, "Welcome, dear guest." 

Seeing how the gates are crowded with guests, it seems many haven't had a satisfactory death. The guests of the studio are of all kinds, from those dressed up beautifully in wedding dresses, to cheerful children, to those bidding a tearful farewell to their loved ones. Even Seo Ki Joo, with his 20 years of ghostly experience, finds managing the studio challenging.

Seo Ki Joo would have continued his life as usual had Han Bom (Kwon Na Ra) not stepped into the photo studio.    

Lawyer Han Bom becomes the first human aside from Seo Ki Joo to enter the photo studio. Her presence is set to completely change Ki Joo's daily life, as she possesses an ability important to him — the "Safe Zone". 

The safe zone is a protection zone capable of repelling ghostly attacking Ki Joo and neutralizing their powers. Now Ki Joo, who was tormented by ghosts even in broad daylight, suffered from various diseases and was even cursed to not live past the age of thirty-five, sees Han Bom as an important person to him.

As Ki Joo's thirty-fifth birthday approaches, the question lingers as to whether Bom can become his savior.

The Midnight Studio will premiere on March 11. The K-drama will be available to stream on Viki. Watch the trailer here

https://mydramalist.com/article/joo-won-yoo-in-soo-kwon-na-ra-and-eum-moon-suk-s-the-midnight-studio-drops-trailer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jo Dong-hyuk makes a special appearance in the drama ‘Hot Photo Studio’… Joo-won’s life is in control

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

Actor Jo Dong-hyuk makes a special appearance in the drama 'Night Photo Studio'.

Genie TV's original 'Night Photo Studio' is a drama that depicts the dizzying and strange story of a prickly photographer and a passionate lawyer at a photo studio that exists only for the dead, going back and forth between life and death with customers in the cool of the night.

In the play, Jo Dong-hyuk plays the role of a lion whose age and gender are unknown, adding strength to the work. He is expected to deliver an impactful performance by taking on the role of a messenger who holds in his hands the fate of Seo Gi-ju (played by Joo Won), a 7th generation photographer who is placed at the crossroads of life and death due to a curse that limits his family's longevity to only 35 years.

Jo Dong-hyuk is known for his roles in movies such as 'Blood is Thicker Than Water', 'Fearsome', 'Last Vacation', 'Bad Guys: The Movie', dramas 'Han River', 'Rugal', 'Lovers at 3pm on Weekdays', and 'The Dirty Lady'. Based on his strong charisma, he has continued to play a wide range of roles on screen and TV, including in 'Season 15' and 'Bad Guys'.

Meanwhile, Genie TV's original 'Night Photo Studio' starring Jo Dong-hyuk, Joo Won, Kwon Nara, Yoo In-soo, and Eum Moon-seok will premiere on Genie TV, Genie TV Mobile, and ENA at 10 p.m. on March 11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ghosts say cheese for Joo-won at Midnight Studio

by tccolb

Welcoming more visitors with their newest teaser, photographer and owner Joo-won (Stealer – The Treasure Keeper) has opened ENA’s Midnight Studio (previously Midnight Photo Studio) for another day night of business to serve the dearly departed.

Expertly arranging their clientele by date of death, the teaser has assistant manager Yoo In-soo (Death’s Game) manning the queue, while new hire Eum Moon-seok (Good Job) switches on the sign and reports to boss Seo Ki-joo (Joo-won) that they’re ready to begin.

Naturally, attorney Kwon Nara (Bulgasal – Immortal Souls) misunderstands Ki-joo’s strange behavior and is happy to leave a terrified Ki-joo trapped behind bars with the police. But the beknownst Han Bom (Kwon Nara) soon discovers that she can wield a magical force-field that repels ghosts, a safe zone that Ki-joo desperately needs.

Bom is then brought to Midnight Studio. But because employees Go Sung-ha (Yoo In-soo) and Baek Nam-gu (Eum Moon-seok) are ghosts, they hilariously can’t get too close. When asked what this place really is, Ki-joo explains to Bom that, “The people who come here don’t have a tomorrow. It’s a very long and dark night.” The teaser then closes as Bom joins their little team, helping different spirits with their final portrait.

Written by Kim Yi-rang with PD Song Hyun-wook (The Golden Spoon, The King’s Affection) at the helm, ENA’s new fantasy Midnight Studio is slated to premiere on March 11.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/ghosts-say-cheese-for-joo-won-at-midnight-studio/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Joo Won, Kwon Nara, Yoo In Soo, And Eum Moon Suk Boast Chaotic Teamwork In “The Midnight Studio” Highlight Teaser

Watch: Joo Won, Kwon Nara, Yoo In Soo, And Eum Moon Suk Boast Chaotic Teamwork In “The Midnight Studio” Highlight Teaser

ENA’s upcoming drama “The Midnight Studio” has shared a jam-packed highlight teaser!

“The Midnight Studio” tells the thrilling yet mysterious story about a prickly photographer Seo Ki Joo (Joo Won), who runs a professional photo studio that only exists for the deceased, and passionate lawyer Han Bom (Kwon Nara) as they cross life and death with the night guests.

The highlight teaser introduces the four main characters including Seo Ki Joo, Han Bom, Assistant Manager Ko (Yoo In Soo), and Baek Nam Goo (Eum Moon Suk), who band together to help ghost clients at the photo studio. The teaser begins with the crew welcoming the special guests to their studio followed by a clip of Seo Ki Joo waking up in the morning, groggily muttering, “Our hours begin after sunset.”

Despite Seo Ki Joo trying to sleep, Assistant Manager Ko insists, “We have to go whenever a client needs us.”

In addition to Seo Ki Joo who has 20 years of experience working with ghosts, the teaser introduces lawyer Han Bom who appears to be struggling to make a living.

However, despite her grandmother’s worries, Han Bom remarks, “Don’t worry. I’m young and pretty,” raising anticipation for how she will end up working with ghost clients.

Meanwhile, Assistant Manager Ko helps Seo Ki Joo by using his special ability to possess the human body for 10 minutes, and newbie Baek Nam Goo also assists with his telekinetic powers, which he is still getting accustomed to using.

Furthermore, the highlight video previews the hilarious encounters between Seo Ki Joo and Han Bom. Eventually, the two team up as they learn of Han Bom’s ability to create a safe zone that nullifies the ghosts’ powers. Seo Ki Joo remarks, “I need you,” and Han Bom agrees, “I’ll be your safe zone.”

Finally, the teaser concludes with Seo Ki Joo asking, “In your final moments, what memory would you like to take with you?”

Check out the highlight teaser below!

“The Midnight Studio” is set to premiere on March 11 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647130wpp/watch-joo-won-kwon-nara-yoo-in-soo-and-eum-moon-suk-boast-chaotic-teamwork-in-the-midnight-studio-highlight-teaser

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647130wpp/watch-joo-won-kwon-nara-yoo-in-soo-and-eum-moon-suk-boast-chaotic-teamwork-in-the-midnight-studio-highlight-teaser

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Joo Won Reflects On The Heartwarming Story Of “The Midnight Studio” That Brought Him To Tears

Joo Won Reflects On The Heartwarming Story Of “The Midnight Studio” That Brought Him To Tears

Joo Won has shared his thoughts on his upcoming drama “The Midnight Studio”!

ENA’s “The Midnight Studio” (directed by Song Hyung Wook, written by Kim Yi Rang) is a fantasy drama that depicts the strange story of a lonely photographer who runs a photo studio only for the deceased and a passionate lawyer. The fantasy story unfolding in the studio will provide an opportunity to reflect on the meaning of not only well-being but also well-dying.

Joo Won was also captivated by this aspect of the story as he reminisced, “When I first read [the script], I could relate to it a lot, and I cried a lot for the first time in a while.” He continued, “I chose this project because it is a heartwarming story that anyone can relate to.”

joo-won-3-.jpeg

Joo Won plays the role of Seo Ki Joo, a seventh-generation photographer who owns a photo studio that has been specializing in taking photos of the deceased for over 100 years. Armed with an adventurous camera that helps generations of families ascend in the afterlife, he also inherits a curse that prevents him from living past the age of 35. Regarding his character, Joo Won shared, “Not only does he lack any great expectations and joys in life but he also doesn’t like to bond with people, and he can be unfriendly in some aspects.” Despite Seo Ki Joo’s cold-natured personality, however, he strives to fulfill every deceased person’s request with determination.

Reflecting on the ghost clients, Joo Won shared, “They were ordinary people when they were alive. They were someone’s mother and someone’s child. That’s why I could relate to their stories as if they were mine.” Not only did Joo Won cry a lot on set but many other cast members also teared up while filming as well. In addition to the drama being of the fantasy genre, the touching stories make the drama even more worth watching.

joo-won-2.jpeg

Joo Won also explained that Han Bom (Kwon Nara) is someone Ki Joo needs desperately due to the curse he faces. Ki Joo is severely affected by spirits all day, sometimes facing life-threatening situations, and as his 35th birthday approaches, the frequency and intensity of these encounters worsen. But Bom becomes his “ghost-free zone” because the spirits have no power with her around, thus making Bom the only person who can protect Ki Joo. Consequently, this becomes a turning point for Ki Joo. Joo Won remarked, “He experiences something he has never experienced in his 35 years of living.”

joo-won.jpeg

Director Song Hyun Wook explained about the complex role that Joo Won had to portray since Ki Joo is someone who is ordinary but burdened by fate, negative yet genuinely serious toward both humans and ghosts, and a character who is gradually opening his heart to love someone who appeared as if by fate. He praised Joo Won, stating, “Despite the challenging nature of such a role, Joo Won managed to focus on his emotions while ensuring that all actors and staff were comfortable on the set at the same time. We continuously felt touched and awed by him.” Joo Won’s impressive acting skills further raise great anticipation for his return to the small screen.

“The Midnight Studio” will premiere on March 11 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647049wpp/joo-won-reflects-on-the-heartwarming-story-of-the-midnight-studio-that-brought-him-to-tears

by lo_ve, March 7, 2024
1 0

Actress Lee Bom So Ri will closely work with Hello Venus' Kwon Na Ra in a new upcoming K-drama.

On March 7, it was officially confirmed that Lee Bom So Ri will be part of the cast of the upcoming K-drama The Midnight Studio

The Midnight Photo Studio will tell the story of the 7th owner of a photo studio who is tied to a contract to take photos of a dead person from every generation. He then encounters a passionate lawyer who does not tolerate injustice. The two will work together for the ghost customers. 

The upcoming K-drama will be led by Joo Won, Kwon Na Ra, Yoo In Soo, and Eum Moon Suk

In the series, Lee Bom So Ri will portray the role of Kim Ji Won. She is the best friend of Kwon Na Ra's character named Han Bom. She is known for being an unlucky person but her life dramatically improved after going on a world tour trip. 

The Midnight Studio will be helmed by director Song Hyun Wook (The Beauty Inside and Another Miss Oh) and writer Kim Yi Rang (Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency and Not a Robot).

The upcoming K-drama will premiere on March 11, at 10 PM KST. It will be part of ENA's Monday and Tuesday K-drama timeslot. The series can also be viewed through Genie TV.

Z8vK7q_2f.jpg

This will be the comeback of Lee Bom So Ri to K-dramas after almost two years. 

She was last seen in the 2022 K-drama Link: Eat, Love, Kill led by Yeo Jin Goo, Mun Ka Young, Kim Ji Young, Ye Soo Jung, and Song Deok Ho

Lee Bom So Ri is also expected to join the upcoming K-drama No Secret and will work alongside Go Kyung Pyo, Kang Han Na, Joo Jong Hyuk, and Lee Ji Myeong.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-bom-so-ri-to-act-as-kwon-na-ra-s-best-friend-in-a-new-k-drama

• Like 1

Spoiler

Joo Won, Kwon Nara, Yoo In Soo, And Eum Moon Suk Name Their Most Precious Memories Ahead Of “The Midnight Studio” Premiere

Joo Won, Kwon Nara, Yoo In Soo, And Eum Moon Suk Name Their Most Precious Memories Ahead Of “The Midnight Studio” Premiere

The stars of “The Midnight Studio” have offered their personal takes on the drama’s unique premise!

“The Midnight Studio” is an upcoming drama about a professional photo studio that exists only for the deceased. Joo Won will star as Seo Ki Joo, the prickly photographer who runs the studio, while Kwon Nara will play passionate lawyer Han Bom, who winds up offering legal advice to the ghosts that visit the studio.

One of the main questions tackled in the drama is: “If you could take one last photo with you into the afterlife, what memory from your life would you wish to capture?”

Joo Won responded to this difficult question by expressing his deep love for his family. “I’d want to take a photo together with my family,” he decided. “Each and every one of my family members is precious, so I can’t choose just one.”

Joo-Won-3.jpeg

Meanwhile, Kwon Nara replied, “I’d want to take a photo together with my dog Kwon Hodu, whom I’m raising now. I want to capture the memory of smiling and playing together with Hodu while running around on the grass to our hearts’ content.”

Kwon-Nara.jpeg

Yoo In Soo, who will play the studio’s assistant manager in the drama, shared a painful recent memory after reflecting on the question.

“My grandmother, who was the main reason that I chose to appear in this drama, passed away on the day of our script reading,” he revealed. “If I had the opportunity, I’d want to eat the delicious food made by my grandmother together with [the rest of my family], and I’d want to capture that moment [in a photo].”

Yoo-In-Soo.jpeg

Finally, Eum Moon Suk—who will play a former detective that joins the studio as a rookie ghost employee—also offered an emotional response to the drama’s main question.

“I’d want to take a photo of my memory of going fishing with my late father when I was young,” shared the actor.

Spoiler

Eum-Moon-Suk.jpeg

“The Midnight Studio” premieres on March 11 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647570wpp/joo-won-kwon-nara-yoo-in-soo-and-eum-moon-suk-name-their-most-precious-memories-ahead-of-the-midnight-studio-premiere

Watch: Joo Won Is Cursed To Work With Ghost Clients In “The Midnight Studio” Teasers

Mar 10, 2024
by S. Nam

ENA’s “The Midnight Studio” has unveiled new teasers ahead of the highly anticipated premiere!

“The Midnight Studio” is a drama about a professional photo studio that exists only for the deceased. Joo Won stars as Seo Ki Joo, the prickly photographer who runs the studio, while Kwon Nara plays passionate lawyer Han Bom, who winds up offering legal advice to the ghosts that visit the studio.

The newly released teaser of episode 1 previews how Seo Ki Joo’s family became cursed for multiple generations. The chilling teaser begins with a man—played by Park Byung Eun in his special appearance—picking up a magical camera, which he brings to his sick son. Giving his son the camera, the father says, “Hold on to this tightly. I stole it from the underworld.”

However, his actions have repercussions, and in exchange for saving his son’s life, he makes a deal with a mysterious being in which the future sons of the family are cursed to be chased by the dead while only living until the age of 35. Unaware of the full extent of what this will mean, the man readily agrees to the deal to save his son.

Another teaser shows an everyday moment from the life of Seo Ki Joo, who inherited the curse that has been passed down for many generations. While trying to take a nap during a church service, Assistant Manager Ko (Yoo In Soo) wakes him up so that Seo Ki Joo can attend to a customer.

Seo Ki Joo insists, “Tell the honored guest to wait,” but rookie ghost employee Baek Nam Goo arrives to personally carry Seo Ki Joo away to the client. Although Seo Ki Joo tries to make an argument about his legal working hours, Assistant Manager Ko adamantly states, “You’re not a wage earner—you’re self-employed. Self-employed people have to go whenever the client calls. Let’s go.” With a wave of a finger, Baek Nam Goo carries Seo Ki Joo out of the church, surprising all those in attendance at what mysterious forces could be at work.

“The Midnight Studio” is set to premiere on March 11 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647627wpp/watch-joo-won-is-cursed-to-work-with-ghost-clients-in-the-midnight-studio-teasers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

News bites: March 9, 2024

by tccolb

202403071722466310_1.jpg

In a rush of teasers ahead of Monday’s premiere, ENA’s The Midnight Studio delivers some comedy with its spooks: found here, here, and also here. Starring Joo-won (Stealer – The Treasure Keeper), Kwon Nara (Bulgasal – Immortal Souls), Yoo In-soo (Death’s Game), and Eum Moon-seok (Good Job), the fantasy romance is setting up shop on March 11. [Newsen]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/news-bites-march-9-2024/

• Blob 1

Spoiler

Joo Won, Kwon Nara, Yoo In Soo, And Eum Moon Suk Share Reasons To Anticipate “The Midnight Studio”

Joo Won, Kwon Nara, Yoo In Soo, And Eum Moon Suk Share Reasons To Anticipate “The Midnight Studio”

Get ready for a heartwarming new story on the small screen!

The Midnight Studio” is a drama about a professional photo studio that exists only for the deceased. Joo Won stars as Seo Ki Joo, the prickly photographer who runs the studio, while Kwon Nara plays passionate lawyer Han Bom, who winds up offering legal advice to the ghosts that visit the studio.

Ahead of the premiere, the cast of “The Midnight Studio” each shared reasons to anticipate the drama:

Joo Won – A heartwarming story anyone can relate to

joo-won-1-.jpg

Joo Won explained, “When I first read the script, I could relate to it a lot, and I cried for a long time,” sharing how relatable the story is because the guests that visit the studio were all once ordinary living people with narratives of their own. He continued, “In addition to me, the actors and staff felt that this could be a really heartwarming and good project. Since the filming process was really happy, I think that the viewers will be able to feel this as well.” He continued, “I filmed this project, but I dare say it’s a drama I want to recommend.”

Kwon Nara – A drama of a lifetime

kwon-nara-1.-.jpg

Kwon Nara, who also teared up during filming, shared, “The magical and warm stories that unfold within the photo studio are extremely interesting.” She shared, “On set, there were many moments I felt moved while filming. Personally, out of all the projects I filmed, I consider ‘The Midnight Studio’ to be a project of a lifetime. I wish that viewers also feel the moments as we did and that it remains as a drama of a lifetime for them as well.”

Yoo In Soo – A project that won’t disappoint

midnight-studio-1-.jpg

Yoo In Soo, who has starred in numerous successful projects, shared, “I smelled a big hit.” The actor further shared, “All the actors and staff worked hard to film with great affection [for our drama]. I’m confident that we won’t disappoint. Please show lots of interest and love.” Regarding his character Assistant Manager Ko, Yoo In Soo shared, “It’ll also be fun to watch while focusing on the story of Assistant Manager Ko, who has been single all his life, as he learns to love and grow.”

Eum Moon Suk – A collaboration between humans and ghosts

Eum Moon Suk, who plays rookie ghost employee Baek Nam Goo, shared the fun of humans and ghosts working together to solve the ghost clients’ cases as a point to anticipate in the upcoming drama. Each with different abilities, Seo Ki Joo, Han Bom, Assistant Manager Ko, and Baek Nam Goo will work together to service the ghost clients, raising further anticipation for the actors’ chemistry.

“The Midnight Studio” will premiere on March 11 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647778wpp/joo-won-kwon-nara-yoo-in-soo-and-eum-moon-suk-share-reasons-to-anticipate-the-midnight-studio

by Lily Alice, March 11, 2024
5 1

Park Ki Woong and Han Chae Ah are confirmed to make special appearances in the K-drama The Midnight Studio. 

Park Ki Woong will be seen portraying Seo Ki Won, the uncle of the protagonist Seo Ki Joo (Joo Won).

Park Ki Woong and Ju Won previously demonstrated excellent synergy in the 2012 KBS2 drama The Bridal Mask, in which they played Kimura Shunji and Lee Kang To, respectively. They received high acclaim and won the Best Bromance award at the 2012 DramaFever Awards in the U.S. 

Moreover, Park also made a surprise appearance as Ju Won's junior in the final episode of the KBS drama Good Doctor.

2wq6pV_2f.png

Whereas actress Han Chae Ah reunites with Joo Won after 12 years.

Her agency, Management Bom, announced on March 11, "Han Chae Ah will make a special appearance in the first episode of Genie TV's original series The Midnight Studio."

Han Chae Ah and Joo Won also co-starred in the KBS 2TV drama Bridal Mask, in which the actress played Chae Hong Joo

XdvYWp_2f.png

Anticipation is high for the performances of the three actors reuniting after a long time.

The Midnight Studio will premiere on March 11. The K-drama will be available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-ki-woong-and-han-chae-ah-will-make-special-appearances-in-the-midnight-studio

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Midnight Photo Studio, 야한사진관- Joo Won & Kwon Nara-Mon&Tue@10PM KST

Premiere Watch: The Midnight Studio

by missvictrix

cms_temp_stats_1710138233509880139.jpg

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: ENA
Genre: Fantasy, romance, healing
Episode count: 16
Global streamer: Viki

Reasons to watch: It’s as if ENA knew we were in need of a fun and ghostly romp, because that’s what they are offering with The Midnight Studio. Led by Joo-won (who happily seems to be having fun with enjoyable, campy dramas lately), Kwon Nara, and the hilarious Yoo In-soo and Eum Moon-seok, our team of four run the photo studio for ghosties where our story takes place. In addition to getting tagged for fantasy and romance, healing is also on the list, so I’m expecting a silly ride, but with some sweet and tear-jerking ghost stories on the side.

TL;DR: Joo-won and crew take photos of dead people and it looks like a blast

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/premiere-watch-the-midnight-studio/

03.36089429.1.jpg

Spoiler

246121_149557_4432.jpg

GS2THLJH4KQGXIPUZKXNEJRJLE.jpg

AMZNE77CJXCAXMCQLL7UL37FHI.jpg

cms_temp_stats_1710139143713520817.jpg

PYH2024031119210000500_P4.jpg

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

[Episode 1 Preview - Business Start] A photographer who grants the wishes of a ghost girl?! | Midnight photo studio

[Episode 1 pre-release] Sexual harassment offender on Line 2 caught in entrapment investigation | sexy photo studio

• Thanks 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“The Midnight Studio” Joins Monday-Tuesday Ratings Battle + “Wedding Impssible” Remains Steady

“The Midnight Studio” Joins Monday-Tuesday Ratings Battle + “Wedding Impssible” Remains Steady

The Midnight Studio” has joined the Monday-Tuesday ratings race!

According to Nielsen Korea, ENA’s new drama “The Midnight Studio” premiered to an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.1 percent.

“The Midnight Studio” is a drama about a professional photo studio that exists only for the deceased. Joo Won stars as Seo Ki Joo, the prickly photographer who runs the studio, while Kwon Nara plays passionate lawyer Han Bom, who winds up offering legal advice to the ghosts that visit the studio.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1648019wpp/the-midnight-studio-joins-monday-tuesday-ratings-battle-wedding-impssible-remains-steady

Here is the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“The Midnight Studio” Enjoys Boost In Ratings As “Wedding Impossible” Remains On Top

“The Midnight Studio” Enjoys Boost In Ratings As “Wedding Impossible” Remains On Top

ENA’s “The Midnight Studio” is growing viewership at a steady pace!

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of “The Midnight Studio” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.5 percent, a slight boost from the premiere episode’s score of 2.1 percent.

“The Midnight Studio” is a drama about a professional photo studio that exists only for the deceased. Joo Won stars as Seo Ki Joo, the prickly photographer who runs the studio, while Kwon Nara plays passionate lawyer Han Bom, who winds up offering legal advice to the ghosts that visit the studio.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1648291wpp/the-midnight-studio-enjoys-boost-in-ratings-as-wedding-impossible-remains-on-top

The Midnight Studio: Episodes 1-2

by mistyisles

The Midnight Studio serves up exactly what one might expect from a show about a photography studio for the recently deceased. It tugs firmly at the heartstrings while skewing humorous with its spooks, and sprinkles in just enough mystery to string us along from one episodic ghost story to the next.

EPISODES 1-2

The show kicks off by introducing us to the titular Midnight Studio, a place between life and death where ghosts can be photographed and carry with them the final memory of their choice. Centuries ago, a desperate father whose son was dying stole a magical camera that was said to restore the dead to life. The grim reaper he stole it from ultimately granted his son’s life — at a cost. The man and his descendants were tasked with manning the Midnight Studio to help ghosts move on to the afterlife and cursed to die mysteriously at the young age of 35.

Our current-day hero, SEO KI-JOO (Joo-won), is the seventh to take up the ghost photographer’s mantle. At 34 years old, he’s nearing the end of his run (and thus his life), and his only friends are his two ghost assistants. Bubbly GO SUNG-HO (Yoo In-soo) has a long bucket list that includes finding his first love (whom he met online while he was alive), and he can possess living people for ten minutes at a time (this comes in handy when Ki-joo needs help interacting with other humans). BAEK NAM-GU (Eum Moon-seok), on the other hand, is mysterious and reserved, but skilled at fighting off sinister spirits.

The story proper begins when Ki-joo fails to grant one ghost’s wish (she wanted a wedding photo and kiss from Ki-joo, but he chickens out because of the gruesome wounds across her face). Enraged, she turns into a vengeful spirit and sets the place on fire, getting him evicted. Luckily for Ki-joo, an elderly woman named SO GEUM-SOON (Kim Young-ok) is in the market for a new tenant. The place is at the top of a hill, but it’s got a rooftop room plus the studio space at an affordable price, so Ki-joo moves in and sets up shop.

The arrangement is not so lucky for the rooftop room’s former tenant, HAN BOM (Kwon Nara). She’s Geum-soon’s granddaughter, but after three months of missed rent due to unemployment, Grandma kicks her to the curb. Bom used to work under a prosecutor, but hasn’t had much luck bouncing back after a vaguely mentioned incident resulted in her termination. Still, she has a few connections remaining in the legal field, and gets called in to help investigate the case of a young woman who appears to have murdered her paralyzed husband.

Circumstantial evidence adds up, and the woman readily confesses to the crime, explaining that she was exhausted and just wanted it all to end, but Bom can tell there’s more to the story. Sure enough, the dead husband visits Ki-joo’s studio and tells his side of the tale. His wife did snap under pressure and plan to kill him, but couldn’t bring herself to do it in the end. After she left the room, he managed to disconnect himself from the oxygen supply, wanting to free her from the burden of caretaking.

Separate conversations with Bom and Ki-joo convince the woman to come clean, and she gets to share one last meal with her husband inside the Midnight Studio before the couple take their final photo together and the husband’s soul moves on. That same night, while Ki-joo hangs the photo on the studio wall, Bom comes home to find she’s been evicted and someone else has moved in.

While investigating the light downstairs, she walks right into the Midnight Studio, stopping Ki-joo in his tracks. She’s definitely not dead (though he does consider the possibility), but he’s supposed to be the only living human who can open the door from this side. Add to that a previous elevator encounter where it almost seemed she saw the angry ghost he was shielding her from (and an unexplained burst of energy propelled said ghost out away from them), and this makes her a Very Interesting Person indeed.

Ki-joo’s suspicions are further supported when his next guest, a child ghost whose last wish is tracking down a limited-edition toy sword, hides in the tent Bom pitched outside her old apartment door. Bom has no trouble seeing the child, and Ki-joo is intrigued enough to share lunch with her. It’s painfully obvious that he hasn’t shared a meal with another human in a very long time, so Bom offers to be his eating buddy whenever he needs one.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/the-midnight-studio-episodes-1-2/

• Thanks 1

The Midnight Studio Episode 1 Photos Tease Joo Won & Kwon Na-Ra’s Looks in New K-Drama 

By Sushmita Sen

midnight-studio1.png?resize=1024,576

ENA recently shared The Midnight Studio Episode 1 photos ahead of its premiere. Starring Joo Won and Kwon Na-Ra in lead roles, the K-drama revolves around a photo studio that welcomes ghosts as customers.

The storyline follows a photographer named Seo Ki-Joo, who inherits a photo studio. The interesting part about his job is that the place is not open for regular people but for those set to leave the world of living. A lawyer somehow ends up as an employee of the studio.

Ki-Joo also has an assistant manager and a helper to run his business smoothly. Recently, the network shared a slide of photos featuring all the lead cast members.

In the latest set of The Midnight Studio Episode 1 photos, the first picture features Kwon Na-Ra as Han Bom. She is a lawyer who struggles to find a regular job and somehow ends up at the photo studio as the legal advisor for ghosts.

The second photo is of Joo Won’s Seo Ki-Joo. He is the photographer and owner of the studio. He also has the ability to understand and communicate with the dead. According to many previously released trailers, Ki-Joo appears to be a determined and dedicated person. 

In episode 1 photos, the final picture includes Assistant Manager Ko (Yoo In-Soo) and Baek Nam-Goo (Eum Moon-Suk). Ko ensures the customers’ line is straight while Nam-Goo takes care of rude ghosts. 

https://www.comingsoon.net/k-drama/news/1593856-the-midnight-studio-episode-1-photos-tease-joo-won-kwon-na-ra-looks-in-new-k-drama

• Thanks 1

the first two episodes were so good. 

I like the rooftop apartment and all the scenes between the main leads.

So, Bom is a shelter for Kijoo and she is also Manager Go's first love. 

The other assistant is a quiet guy. I like him.

GIhq_igagAAQaX2?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Blob 1