Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

On 2/18/2017 at 7:25 AM, MaysoonD said:

@joyezz me too , every pic give me diff vibes

the blue one with clenched fist and covering one eye give me goosebumps 

lee-dong-wook_1487392681_82925337.2_99_20170218090703.jpg

and this this is hot :glasses:

lee-dong-wook_1487392679_82925334.2_99_20170218090703.jpg

he looks super skinny in the photo wearing the grey suit.. he needs to eat more cake! lol

• Like 7

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 8:25 PM, MaysoonD said:

@joyezz me too , every pic give me diff vibes

the blue one with clenched fist and covering one eye give me goosebumps 

lee-dong-wook_1487392681_82925337.2_99_20170218090703.jpg

and this this is hot :glasses:

Loving the blue one too! Maybe because its closer and he's looking directly into the camera. Haha

• Like 7

Looks like there are more photos of LDW from Arena  other than the 4 + 2 covers we saw before.

Looking forward to this.

Personally I like his styling better as an actor when he is in Bubblegum rather than Goblin. I think he appeared too skinny, probably for his role as someone who is not alive. But him as a model I love the styling here. Though you can see his bones over his hands, palms, cheek...well models are like that.

I like the cute-pretty-clean-sleek-neat-style that most K-actors show in modeling or endorsement (sort of JIS's vibe, JCW, KWB, PBG, SJK...etc) no issue with that, they are lovely to stare haha. But masculine style is not easy to pull and mostly are totally forgettable. I know probably only 1 actor/model can pull this off and permanently have the image. Cha Seung Won, he is a respected runway model/actor/entertainer even when he is 40something. 

I hope it is okay to mention other names in this thread.

• Like 11

@Princi_86 whoaaa Vogue pictorials will be something different as I expected haha hello muscles,long time no see :D Not many people can pull off those kind of outfits but of course Wookie can B) omg I can't wait for the pics.I hope there will be a lot of them

@noname111 yea Wookie has a model looks. I would love to see him doing more modelling works.I would like to see him walks the runway :)

C5GwilJVYAEXCMl.jpg

• Like 9

@Princi_86 @giegie Thanks for recommending LDW's variety. I watched only TROS, the one he wore green sweater, I read somewhere he appeared twice? I find him genuinely honest and being real, not acting. You'll notice if you act in front kids, seriously. I have a niece about Seola/Sua's age (urrgh, so tiring to chase but soooo fun as well). I understand their mood changings and cranky antics. Also one that I admire other than his hardwork and patience is he tried to speak eye-level with the kids. My sis told me, one thing most non-parent doesn't know about kids is they get angsty when they have to all the time lift up their head talking to you or begging you to hold or carry them bcos they are short. Especially when you ignore them for texting phone, etc. Just imagine yourself in their shoes. What they need most is your attention, it makes them feel safe. No wonder Daebak sticks to him like glue. Also he had more screen time than other kids which is good. Maybe because the kids and him has sooooo many things to show, more entertaining obviously. Other kids are quite passive, more replays and slow motions (to fill the screen time I guess) and their story focused more on the uncles' monologues and guests, not their interactions. Can't blame them, you can't expect much from kids. So I'm glad he went to the 5-siblings house, the popular ones after the triplets left. Ah! And LDW's a single guest for three kids? Crazyyyyy, though he called his funny friend for short help.

Wah long post and off topic....sorry, no end talking about him.

• Like 14

On 20/02/2017 at 7:18 PM, joyezz said:

@Princi_86 whoaaa Vogue pictorials will be something different as I expected haha hello muscles,long time no see :D Not many people can pull off those kind of outfits but of course Wookie can B) omg I can't wait for the pics.I hope there will be a lot of them

@noname111 yea Wookie has a model looks. I would love to see him doing more modelling works.I would like to see him walks the runway :)

The photos are everywhere in instagram and twitter now haha. This will be a hot profile pic.

C5GwilJVYAEXCMl.jpg

Direct plain-face zoom-in shot is sort of dangerous. You can see everything (uneven eyes, higher cheekbone). That's why most prefer left/right side. They often say this in TV interviews, their best angle or whatsover. He looks amazing btw.

Anyway, some fans paired his photos and GY's past pictorial with similar style. They shipped bromance more than main couple's romance haha. 

• Like 13

Yay! Some new looks from Arena which was out for sale today. I hope we'll get them separatelly published in good quality.

I loveeee this one. Already want those sunglasses. *Wookie effect*

Встроенное

Others are gorgeous as well:

Встроенное

Встроенное

Встроенное

Cr (lucky fan has bought 2 copies with different cover)

• Like 15

Thanks @Princi_86 for giving us updates about his latest photoshoots! Imho, in Arena's photoshoot, LDW succeed in giving us such a great androgyny vibe! Not many actors could pull that kind of shoots, some of them are being too pretty or too masculine. For me, YAI always be the one who perfectly nailed those kind of shoots so honestly I'm amazed how great LDW did that too. 

I also agreed that he looks a lil bit skinny at Vogue, but still, his gaze during close up shoot made my heart beats faster. Vogue photoshoots will rely so much in LDW's charm since I think he didn't do the photoshoot out of SK. 

Ahh @noname111 LDW in TROS is daebak! Yes, he appeared again to meet the twins and daebak and five of them had fun in rural/homestay area. At this time, LDW was accompanied by LDG himself. I'm glad that after taking care LDG's children, LDW still wants to have at least 3 kids which mean he's definitely enjoyed his time with them. The fact that his relationship still continue off the screen with the children also made me love him more

• Like 11

Yes thanks Princi_86 for the pics. For me I really like the Vogue pics as it shows off his raw beauty and sex appeal. I think I haven't seen a magazine shot of him that is so revealing... to me it has some Japanese Geisha vibes...does that sound a bit perverted? but in an arty way, I guess his body and his eyes are really sexy in these photos and I love it how they are black and white so they seem like a true working model's black cards that they use on go sees. Also that he is wearing simple clothing and bare skin makes the photos so timeless. For me, I really love the boyish charm side of him, if Gong Yoo was to be a more manly older guy type of handsome, Wookie is really more my type, I guess the more beautiful, boyish bad boy sexy type.... I really hope in his next project he can keep these types of sexy vibes going....I also love the blue shirt pic from Arena, there is something really sexy in him gripping his fists and staring at you.

If I were able to decide his next role, I would put him and Paris, my most favourite and most romantic place on earth together. He could be a model/photographer/student of film and play a romantic lover in a black and white setting of paris, to see him kiss on a bridge in Paris or close to the eiffel towel would be insanely romantic and hot, haha but I guess that is what would happen more in my dreams.....

• Like 9

Wookie is the most versatile entertainer that I know of .His works are so varied whether drama or pictorials. Cute,Manly,Sexy,boyish,brooding,cool,gentle,tough,funny,serious,you name it.he can do it and pull it off.

his personality is so endearing,even watching his interviews is so entertaining

:blush:

• Like 11

Thanks everyone for sharing the pictures from his Vogue and Arena Homme pictorials!

Had many literal jaw-drop moments today :w00t: The Vogue shoot is AMAZING. I love the theme of the photoshoot. Full of raw beauty and sex appeal, like @Puppywookie said. That close-up shot of his face is simply breathtaking. Most male celebs either have too piercing or soft a gaze. But Wookie's is so different. His gaze there is so hot, but not in a way that overwhelms. There's a slight, inviting tenderness to it. And that's why I can get lost in those eyes forever :wub: He's so sexy in the other two pics as well. 

Those sharp, model-esque features, toned physique, perfect body proportions, and clad simply in a white robe and gladiator sandals... he looks like a modern-day Greek god. Just... wow.

IMG_6678.jpg

I also love the Arena Homme shoot. He looks so debonair and alluring. And to know that a friend who had been lukewarm towards him all along think he's attractive now because of this shoot is pretty cool :D

@giegie Thanks for the welcome back, chingu ^^ It's funny that most of us rewatch Wookie's dramas while awaiting his new projects, rather than watch other/new dramas. Or is it just me? :tongue:

@joyezz Well said, chingu! He sure is spoiling the market haha :D It's so hard to appreciate other actors after becoming a fan of his. I'd inadvertently use Wookie as my yardstick for comparison when watching other actors. Wookie, what have you done to us?! Hahaha.

• Like 14

Annyeong chingu..

Finally i find out my ex-housemate was a crazy about him. She is really crazy about LDW, memorize all LDW character in drama and attend his fan meet during promotion of SOW. Uwaaa.. so envy of her and after i dig it out .. i find this video in youtube. From this video, we can see he was a humble and good actor. Love his interaction in this video. Hopefully, he will come to Malaysia for his fan meet. 

Oh please.. anyone can translate for me in this video ..in a minute of 1.30 .. his conversation with lucky gurl .. 

• Like 8

Coming soon: ABS-CBN set to air top Korean TV shows

The Kapamilya network will soon air some of South Korea's top dramas from 2016.

ABS-CBN announced its latest acquisition of Asia's biggest hit series, including "Love in the Moonlight," "Legend of the Blue Sea," "Hwarang," "Goblin," "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo," "W" and "Doctors."

Evelyn Raymundo, head of ABS-CBN Integrated Acquisitions and International Sales and Distributions, made the announcement before hundreds of communication students in the recently concluded 11th Pinoy Media Congress.

(skipped unrelated.....)

For more updates on upcoming Asianovelas on ABS-CBN, follow @Kapamilanovela on Twitter or like the official Kapamilyanovela Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ABSCBNKapamilyanovelas.

source : http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/02/20/17/coming-soon-abs-cbn-set-to-air-top-korean-tv-shows

• Like 10

Hello everyone! I'm somehow a new fan of Lee Dong Wook, I just saw a short clip of him in Return Of Superman and instantly fell in love with him and been a fan of him ever since. This is my first time commenting but I've read the posts here starting from the beginning of Goblin and I'm so happy that most of my thoughts regarding LDW's acting is the same as a lot of you. I think really is a great actor and even a better person. His blunt humor is so refreshing and my sister and I have been watching his past dramas ever since! 

• Like 9

@Laarnie Antonio @noname111 Welcome here, chingus! Glad to have you guys on board ^^ Hope to see you all around here! Which dramas of his have you guys watched?

@joyezz We did not choose the Wookie fangirl life. The Wookie fangirl life chose us :bawling: Hahaha. Sometimes a tiny part of me wishes I can appreciate other actors too so that the wait for his new projects will be less painful as we can enjoy other K-dramas in the meantime. But it's a lost cause :rolleyes: I guess we'll have to survive by rewatching his dramas, checking out his pre-MG work, and the CFs and pictorials (hopefully many, many of them) that are lined up... :sweatingbullets:

@aniliaz How lucky you are to have a real-life friend who's a Wookie fan too! I imagine it'd be really fun watching/rewatching Wookie's dramas with a friend who admires him as much as we do :)

• Like 8

@winterdew hello! I've watched most of his variety appearances and he really seems so funny with a touch of blunt humor. I'm also done with Hotel King and My Girl. I would really like to watch his other dramas like Bubblegum but I can't seem to get over with his chemistry with Yoo In Na so I'm kinda biased right now with their chemistry 

• Like 7