Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Hi guys! 

I feel so blessed to chance upon Soompi while I was researching on Lee Dong Wook. I am a new and a new member here as well. I've never had the time to really catch up on k drama, but all thanks to my beloved sister who's always been into anything and everything korean (we call her the korean in a malaysian girl's body) I got hooked on to the drama at the most perfect time, during my confinement break from work. I caught up with his other shows like roommate and the samchon to the 5 siblings in TROS and I gotta say, who will not love LDW; he's such a kind and considerate soul. I would really love to catch up on his other dramas too when time permits. So please feel free to suggest. 

Thank you so much to all the LDW fans here for keeping me up with the latest news and entertainment; my sis and I will try to make it to the FM in SG. It will be great if we could all meet up and be friends. 

• Like 13

@Ida_Dosh @theinvinciblered @elihana @intrariver @bunnyb  @lonelyitunes @biglove27

Image result for welcome gif

@intrariver love your Wookie story haha you have watched more korean drama than me ^_^ I have watched 18 (12 of them are LDW's drama) start watching kdrama sep 2016. I dropped a lot of drama at first ep :D usually I will drop the drama if I don't like the lead actor's looks hehe my first Wookie's drama was My Girl 

now,I only watch his drama :tongue:

• Like 12

On 02/03/2017 at 10:42 AM, noname111 said:

@Princi_86 No I'm not a fortune teller. I'm shocked also (God of Editorials, is this a punishment for me complaining all the time?). I also prefer Valentino. My fave is also baby blue suit, that's why I put the first one and then pink Donald Duck (great minds think alike, kekekekeke). I won't complain anymore, I'll make wishes instead.

Dear LDW-Oppa, spread your wings and fly high. Get yourself known and acknowledged worldwide.

Dear God of Editorials (if they ever exist), I would love to see our handsome LDW-Oppa model in earth color. Preferrable the awesome collection from S/S 2017 Valentino Black Panther aka Feline Kingdom or Louis Vuitton Wildlife Safari.

Our LDW-Oppa can capture modern yet classic gentleman look in black/white for Goblin, stylish chic look in cool vibrant colors for Arena, both sexy mysterious look in dark colors and quirky innocent look in white for Vogue, and even flower boy majestic look in pastel colors for Elle Men HK.

I think he will exude a tough namja look for rustic earth color. Him at Valentino's event is a different charm from what I've seen of him before. The color suits him nicely. Well, it's true that I follow him only recently and still don't know much.

@noname111 Mianhe chingu, i cut your post. I laughed while reading your comment about Wookie's photoshoot, fashion, Elle & suddenly it came true! I actually checked how was it the previous pink Elle cover you mentioned as nightmare in prev post. It must be very shocking for you. I think they use the same pink backdrop from Rain's version. Yes, it is very pink and even hv flowers, not only flower boy. Haha. But i think you just want to wish Wookie all the best, while a bit jealous here & there coz u know how other K-celebs achieved well & you wish Wookie the same or even better. 

And you made a wish to what? God of Editorials? :D if they do exist, i'll pray with you for Wookie. 

Oh, and I also like Wookie in pink Donald Duck for Elle.

And Thanks for the welcome @joyezz you are funny :D

Edited by biglove27
  • Like 11

@elihana @lonelyitunes hello girls! I'm also from INA. The tickets price was released today, hope we could watch him together! Elihana, such a nice share! You met him at 2007 meanwhile at that time I didn't even know this cuteeeee guy came to Jakarta. Such a lovely memory indeed.

The tickets is quite expensive, but if we compared to another countries, INA's is still cheaper, isn't it?

@intrariver hello too! Loveeee your details info about your first encounters with LDW (and also thanks for the pics!). Strongheart 159 is one of my fave bcos it showed us the bonding of wook clans. LOL. I'm a fan of LJW first whereas I watched his dramas more than I watched LDW dramas, but TROS changed my love. LOL

@bunnyb helloooo! Let's spazz about LDW together! If you make to his SG FM, you'll meet such wonderful soompi LDW fans, guys, you also need after party for the soompi group!

@noname111 I'm also waiting Arena and Vogue, I hope it'll come around next week even if I didn't understand hangeul at all. LOL

@Princi_86 ahahaha, my mommy protection is still high. Hope I could be more easier next time

• Like 10

@intrariver @Princi_86 Thanks for your information. I tried to confirm and find more information on the attendees of Korea Cable TV Awards (KCTA) 2017 event, but failed to find it. However, I managed to discover this KCTA website that provide the details of the event.

http://www.kctashow.com/About.do

If Goblin's cast are nominated for some of the awards, hope they all can attend and win some. Or at least LDW can represent the team and spare some of his time to grace the red carpet. 

• Like 10

Hello everyone ^^

i'm Lucy from Indonesia :) i'm newbie to comment here hehehe (i always check this forum but not make any comment =___=)

really nice saw all your interaction, so today i make a comment here ^^ and nice to meet you all, please take care of me :tongue:

i'm planned to come to Jakarta fanmeet and i need some help,i send message to Princi, soonD and angiemty ^^

let's be friend everyone ^^

• Like 12

Thank you for the welcome.

Actually I'm not totally new fan, I follow all threads, but don't know how to interact much because my poor English. I'm from Malaysia.

Like many Malaysian, many love LDW because of MY GIRL, it was so famous in my country, so I one of them. Maybe I'm not in majority, I love Blade Man and Wild Romance too.

I found this through, so beautiful

qmt3Yzu.jpg

• Like 13

Hi All, i'm new member also, from Singapore. I know Wookie from My Girl era. It was one of the very first Kdrama I watched. But lost track about him and found him again yeeeeaaaarrrssss later as the memorable Grim Reaper. He brings back my fangirling mode that's lost for so long.

I enjoy reading the discussions here. Please take care of me.

• Like 11

Lee Dong Wook Clarifies Story Behind Him Getting Cast As The Grim Reaper In "Goblin"

uing

After a photo shoot with Arena Homme Plus, Lee Dong Wook sat down for an interview and clarified the misunderstandings about the process that led him to land his grim reaper role in “Goblin.”

He explained, “I read an article about how I was cast in ‘Goblin,’ and I was upset to discover a few parts that were described incorrectly. It’s true that I reached out to writer Kim Eun Sook for the grim reaper role, but it’s not true that she had another actor in mind for the role. After the article went out, she called me up very apologetically. But the truth is, I went up to writer Kim Eun Sook before the synopsis was out and even before Gong Yoo was cast as the goblin.”

“At the time, I received an offer for the lead role of another drama, and that drama ended up doing well, too. But for me, even though it was only in the developing stages, the grim reaper seemed like a very attractive character. The storyline, fantasy genre, the setting of a goblin and grim reaper living together, playing double roles, and everything else about the drama was great,” he d.lee dong wook 3lee-dong-wook-e1488704460804.jpg

Regarding Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook commented, “We’ve been close for a while. We served in the military together, but acting in the same drama is completely different, so I told him that I’d support him well, and he then told me to act to my heart’s content. Filming the drama was a lot of fun, possibly because we started out with an honest conversation. All of the cast members enjoyed filming, and by the end of the drama, I felt like I had spent a really great time in a world created by our ‘creator’ Kim Eun Sook.”

Meanwhile, Lee Dong Wook is selecting his next project and preparing for his fan meet tour in Asia.

Watch “Goblin” on Viki exclusively in Europe!

soompi

• Like 10

Yes! Finally the truth has been revealed to the large audience both on Naver and on Soompi. Wookie hasn't chased writer instead he was the one who has chosen GR role first even before GY got caste. And moreover he has chosen secondary role over the lead role in drama which has managed to become a hit too, right?

Any ideas what drama it can be? If to look on timing I thought about "Doctors". Not many dramas with male lead of his age have become successful in 2016. I'm so curious about it. :D

Love his explanation why he has chosen GR:   "for me, even though it was only in the developing stages, the grim reaper seemed like a very attractive character. The storyline, fantasy genre, the setting of a goblin and grim reaper living together, playing double roles, and everything else about the drama was great". 

That's our namja ^_^

• Like 8

Welcome, everyone! So cool to see so many new chingus here ^^ I hope we all have fun fangirling here together and see you all around ^_^

By the way, I notice that there are many fans from Singapore as well as those who're planning to attend his fanmeet here. Was wondering if you guys would be interested in getting tickets together so we can all be seated together during the FM? If there are enough of us, I'll try contacting the organiser to see if we can do a bulk purchase for the tickets. I think the ticket sales might happen sometime this week or the next (ticketing details are still not out), so do give a shoutout here if you're interested! One more thing though, that would mean we'd have to get tix in the same category. Would you all be okay with the best category (estimated to be around S$200-250) or are you all looking at other categories? Tagging  @joyezz @Princi_86 @longleg @ilmare @st4rdust @theinvinciblered @missbuttercup @bunnyb @lonelyitunes and anyone else who's interested :)

• Like 11

@winterdew  I am in  :D thank for organizing.This is his first FM in SG since his debut 18 years ago so I wouldn't want to miss it^_^

@lucydwi welcome ^_^ It's so nice of you to prepare something for him when he visit Indonesia ,please share :)

@missbuttercup whoa another fan from SG :) welcome

@LoveBangWon thank for sharing the article.aww he was upset .I am glad that he clarifies the story. He even thought he should have take the leading role instead and think about it for 20 mins haha he should have taken the lead role :( I prefer him in lead role

Meanwhile, Lee Dong Wook is selecting his next project   Related image

100+ episodes drama please ~

me right now

Image result for scent of a woman dramatroll

• Like 15

2 hours ago, winterdew said:

Welcome, everyone! So cool to see so many new chingus here ^^ I hope we all have fun fangirling here together and see you all around ^_^

By the way, I notice that there are many fans from Singapore as well as those who're planning to attend his fanmeet here. Was wondering if you guys would be interested in getting tickets together so we can all be seated together during the FM? If there are enough of us, I'll try contacting the organiser to see if we can do a bulk purchase for the tickets. I think the ticket sales might happen sometime this week or the next (ticketing details are still not out), so do give a shoutout here if you're interested! One more thing though, that would mean we'd have to get tix in the same category. Would you all be okay with the best category (estimated to be around S$200-250) or are you all looking at other categories? Tagging  @joyezz @Princi_86 @longleg @ilmare @st4rdust @theinvinciblered @missbuttercup @bunnyb @lonelyitunes and anyone else who's interested :)

Count me in 

• Like 8

@Princi_86 Bless you. I'm based in Austin, TX. Please help, I never order stuff from HK. Any English website you know? BIG Thanks.

@LoveBangWon Love reading the article. Glad it's been clarified. I almost have bad thoughts on KES.

@giegie Same here. I can't read hangul. Only can recognize LDW's name though. Bwahahahahaha.

@biglove27 Hi! Are you interested in editorials? I suggest you check this instagram (@style_korea). I follow them since end2015 for updates on K-magz. I think they are sharp and only post the BEST ones, regardless who the model is or which fashion brand, and only tag the photographer, model and magazine names, not fashion. Sometimes they post only interior spreads, not the cover if indeed better. Mostly 1 post per model in a magazine. If they like it, they'll post 2-3. If stunning they'll post up to 6. Only few individuals got posted 6 in a row (not always, though) like the gorgeous Bae Yoon Young, Kim Seol Hee, and big names PBG, LJS, GY, SJK, BigBang GD and TOP, also a male model I never able to recall his name. Most of the 6 in a row came from Vogue, Arena, L'Officiel Homes and W Korea. The chosen ones are really good and unique. So even if you are LMH or SHK, if only 2 are good, they will post only those out of available ones. LDW's prev Men's Uno (grey suit) got 2 or 3 posted, I can't recall, I didn't follow him that time.

Now it's time to brag. When I write this, 6 of LDW's Arena Homme got posted today. Yay! I'm curious just how many they will post for Vogue since every single spread is the work of art. Booyaah!

Glad that LDW got into both Arena and Vogue this month. LDW-Oppa, please get in W and L'officiel Hommes. K-magz editors, give way to this gorgeous fine man, please. You won't regret choosing him.

Link to instagram in spoiler.

Spoiler

They don't post immediately after the magazine is released or post all at the same time. They posted LDW's Arena within 12hrs, not yet on Vogue. 

I honestly think this March has a lot of great pictorials. Aside from LDW's Vogue and Arena, YAI and SHK in W Korea are amazing. I wish LDW has a chance to do pictorials with gorgeous female model or actress.

• Like 15

@giegie Chingu, have fun at the Indonesian FM! Hope you manage to get good seats! Sad I won't be joining you there and I'm bummed we won't get to meet this time, but I hope we'll get to meet soon. If you happen to drop by SG, let me know ^^

@noname111 @Princi_86 I notice the magazine is now available on Chinese website Taobao. I believe they ship internationally. @noname111 Perhaps you can give it a try? ^^ http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=39081849767

• Like 13

@winterdew Thank you dear! Same wish for you too! I hope you'll also have fun with LDW and the girls there, it's gonna be great if all you together in same row and maybe make a cute banner, LOL. I think my old inner fangirling mode on is now active again. Yes, if I come to SG, I'll inform you and joyezz. Until last year, once in a year, I went to SG bcos my old sis worked there but she already back to INA now. 

@lucydwi hello Lucy, I'm from INA and I'm planning to see him at May too. What's kind of project? I hope I could give a little help. I'm also in the middle of searching LDW fans who will attend the INA FM, if we could gather more fans I'll be very happy

@Princi_86 thanks for sharing! I remember our worrynes about LDW's choice as second lead before Goblin's airing. When it turned out so well, we're soooo happy. Beside Doctors, could it be Dr Kim? Since the role went to YYS, maybe KKE switched the script to him after LDW turned down the role. 

@noname111 Thanks for the ig link! LDW is such a perfection so 2 or 3 post weren't enough. I also want LDW embrace W mags! YSJ was in GQ, so I think LDW wouldn't be in GQ. Maybe Esquire will ve the other option? LOL, I'm such a greedy fans

• Like 13

@noname111 Thanks for sharing the instagram link. I also think Vogue and W ones are exceptional. They have attractive background and concept for every photo work. I also agree that Wookie needs to do one with a wonderful lady that can match or support his look. Because when there is a second person, there is a chemistry built. And we all know that Wookie is great in chemistry, both with male and female. As much as I want to see him in new drama or movie, I also wish he will take time to build his presence and choose the script with another unique character. Bcos people will definitely compare it with his unforgettable Grim Reaper.

• Like 11

Happy things are cleared out ,it was very frustrating to think that wookie wasn't  her first choice and he had to chase her  everywhere to convince her of himself and i believed deep inside that Grim Reaper was not that big from the first place but having Wookie made her change a lot in her plot  , if you give it more thought , you gonna come up with my conclusion .

Grim Reaper has his own story and connected to the all characters and i won't be overreacted if i say if his loveline with Sunny was more invested ,Grim Reaper and Pichi couple would be in another level but anyway i am still grateful for goblin 

• Like 17