Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Finally got to watch episode 6 with subs! But I have to say that even watching it raw (the scenes with Wookie) is so good. With all his expressions and gestures, you can totally feel what he's expressing even if you don't really understand what he's saying.

@giegie Thank you for your thoughts on the latest episodes, chingu! I totally agree with what you said. And I really like the screenshot you included too. Something about his tall stature dressed in all-black with the bright rays of the sun shining down on him... wow :wub: 

@Puppywookie Chingu, you pointed out what one of my fave things about Wang Yeo is. The way he looks at her wistfully while she giggles away at his silliness... omg. He's so lovely indeed :wub: It's so cute because he can act all tough and even emotionally detached when he's with KS and DH, but with Sunny, he's just... helplessly in love. And Wookie makes the many aspects of Wang Yeo, though different, come nicely together.

Screenshot_698.png

And I love the scene of WY and Sunny at the bridge. These two have so much chemistry that even when they are next to each other but not really so, they really captivate the viewers. My absolute favourite part about that scene was when Wookie was able to bring out a brief yet emotional scene (amidst all the comedy) where WY tears up when thinking to himself the things he wishes to say to Sunny--that the reason why she finds him so odd is that he's a grim reaper. And what's even more amazing that in that entire scene of him "meeting" Sunny, he doesn't actually speak at all (well, apart from the part where he's thinking out loud). It's all just his expressions, actions and gestures. He's amazing, isn't he? 

Screenshot_699.png

I know, I know. It's unavoidable that the bigger, more epic moments will overshadow moments and scenes like this. But I do wish things like that get noticed and talked about too, because to me, they are just as or if not more worthy of applause. It's not easy to deliver such emotive scenes without the use of witty lines or the accompaniment of emotional songs (even though I really love those songs). @Princi_86 I also feel like crying that he's so underrated, chingu. Sigh.

• Like 10

Can I join this place too? I think this is a better place to discuss Grim Reaper's character because all of us are mutual fans of LDW.

His thread is the first one that I have joined on soompi though I am a fan of a whole lot of other K-drama actors but Wookie forced me join this thread. Hoping to make wonderful friends here.:)

• Like 10

About being under-rated..I think there is a time for everything such as actors to get a chance to shine. Writers can write a good script but if the actor doesn't live it; script becomes useless. Lee Dong Wook is living Grim Reaper's character. I swear this is the first time I saw LDW's work and now I want to see more of him...that's an achievement for an actor. I am not from Korea but I do know people from all over the world on different social networking sites and the first thing they say after watching Goblin drama is that- we are in Team Grim Reaper, I like GR more, want to see more of GR x Sunny. I am not kidding! That's how his popularity is increasing..so don't worry guys..he his getting his share of appreciation. Probably even more than the leads...:glasses:

• Like 10

@siddy09 welcome chingu ,glad you joined one of Wookie's fan comunity .

Regarding Raw episodes ,Wookie was the only one who forced me to watch raw episode and he is always able to deliever the emotion and i don't need subs and my first time was in blade man and here in goblin i watched his scenes raw on instagram then the whole episodes with subs .

i loved Ep.5&6 i swear he is tottaly different than HB in BM .this man wears character's costum and take it off at the end .i am amazed with his new facial expressions ,he is goddness of facial expressions :heart:

• Like 6

Who can do this except Wookie? I'm 100000% sure that it was his adlib and not written in script. 

ezgif_com_video_to_gif_25.gif

Or this

ezgif_com_video_to_gif_26.gif

And so much more :w00t:

@giegie I love the shot you have emphasized in your post. Don't you think that PD LEB seriously has man crush on Wookie and maybe he inspires him to do such an amazing shots even in such an ordinary places like that bridge or simply closed space: his room or cafe? Or it's Wookie is that perfect that any director with any attitude and from any agnle can film such magic shots?

Like this (I can't keep myself from this moment, it's just too perfect)

ezgif_com_video_to_gif_27.gif ezgif_com_video_to_gif_28.gife

If I understood correctly, you have followed DOTS ongoing, right? How was secondary couple and Jin Goo received by Koreans and press? I have anly wathced it way after and what I have noticed is that in first episodes there were barely few minutes of KJW's screen time nad 5-10 mins of Jin Goo's. And their storyline has been developing really slowly in first eps. In case of Goblin, Wookie is for sure the heart of this storyline since he's interacting with all characters and has moments with them in each episode, moreover he has his own storyline with his duties. But as to his couple I guess it's almost the same as with DOTS secondary couple, that their story developes slowly? The only difference is that in DOTS secondary couple had obvious obstacles from the very beggining and they had drama, while here we have fun and we can only build theories about their drama. And my theory is that in first part of the show writer is focused on sword and main couple's build up, but in second part the main story will bee GR and Sunny's past and how it will affect all storyline.

@winterdew that's why we're all chingus here :sweatingbullets: This is my favourite moment in episode 6 as well.

ezgif_com_video_to_gif_29.gif

Sometimes I feel that writer gives to much funny moments to GR. This scene was such a treasure. GR was so deep and sad and in few seconds they have switched to hilarious GR mode. Sometimes I feel that they should give him more dramatic moments to show audience that he suffers as well. And what I can see in knetz moments like they are laughing how cute and hilarious he is, while I'm about to tear up because he's so clueless and he suffers a lot that he can't tell her the truth. 

@MaysoonD I remember you've told before in reply on my comments that I see some similarities with HB from BM and CJW from HK. Of course WY is different. Absolutely different, but I was meaning that it's some sort of mixture of some parts of those characters. Like, HB was hilarious and dorky, WY is too. And CJW was poker faced sometimes, and WY should be too. But Wookie has created absolutely new and outstanding character with his acting as Grim Reaprer. 

I will continue replying in next post cos this one is already too long

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Puppywookie said:

Hi Princi,

I totally understand how you feel. He really is an angel, you can feel how lovely a person he is when he looks at Sunny, it feels so sincere... that look of being in love and real that it makes you feel so touched! I just wonder though, in general Goblin has really good ratings right? So that means that he should be receiving more love from Kneitizens at least? I really wonder what impact he is making in Korea right now, I mean it is clear they are crazy over Gong Yoo but what about Wookie?

I was reading an article today how popular Park Bo Gum is, that he is more than Song Joong Ki now... But to me he is really not attractive at all, in fact kinda strange looking, but Koreans love him??!? I just don't understand their taste at all....

@Puppywookie yes. He's an angel. And my fav moment in ep5 was his face's expression when Sunny has asked him why he stares at her and he replied that because she's smiling. Wookie's eyes...so innocent and so in love. I even made a gif, but it was more before and after. He's such a tallanted, I can't describe in words. haha

Wang_Sun4.gif

And I really like Sunny. We know nothing about her, but she's such a woman....like real woman, not typical kdrama innocent cinderella. I want their developement and more scenes. As to your question about Wookie's status in Korea now, from my observation (as well I'm always bothering my Korean friends with questions and asking to search) he's doing quite well. I have posted in Goblin's thread that he his character's hashtag has placed 3rd in weekly trends on Twitter and  jverall I will dare to say that he's more popular on Twitter then GY. Why so? Maybe because of specific Twitter's users. If Instagram is place for everyone posting daily routine,Twitter could be considered as blogs. Wookie inspires people to make fan arts, drawings, gifs. And every his expression is covered with HQ pics or gifs. I would say that the most popular is their bromance with GY and then Wookie. Or it's equal. For example, it's LDW's fashion in Goblin tweet posted one day ago without any hashtags and you can see how many retweets it has.

From my point of view Wookie is more loved by people who're not following trends, especially mass market trends. That;s why he was loved in Bubblegum and that's why Koreans now are rewatching and recapping with gifs Bubblegum, cos Wookie can pull off versatile characters in very untipical dramas. And of course I can see that they're starting to look through his varieties and I see that they're crazy about him. I can't even count how many Wang Yeo or Grim Reaper accounts you can find on Twitter. As to Instagram, there are of course more GY, because GY is already established brand name afrer TTB success's. And on Naver as well. But...GY's agency promotes hard him. They're buying place on main page and promoting articles there almost every single day. Wookie's agensy doesn't do this.:(( But...for example right now Wookie's article is on 3rd place at Naver top3 for already few hours...without promotion, while GY's promoted on Naver page article had barely climbed at 15th place and now after 2 hours placed 30th. 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=465&aid=0000002691&rankingType=default&rankingDate=20161219

In any case of cource GY is much more trendy now in Korea. You have mentioned before that it's because of his manly looks he attracts men as well, but after looking at his articles you can see the split of his audience. It's 90% 18-30 years old women who're commenting and liking his articles. Why PBG, SJK, LMH and now GY are popular? I have my own observation on this. Koreans don't have any taste in beauty or acting. They're falling for trendy characters. If writer and director have sold them character and storyline they will love them to the moon and back. This has happened to every single actor we have mentioned here. But then another popular drama will top the charts and another oppa will be popular. IMO it's not acting or actor's charisma who puts those names on fire, it's script writer and director. KES is very well known for her cringy and epic main leads. In Goblin he proves that she's hitmaker and that she can do magic even with GY. Why I say even? Because in my area people have found GY not handsome and interesting at all after his dramas and movies. But now, after few epic episodes same people are calling him the most handsome. And when you ask those people why they find him handsome, they reply "he's so cool in drama". It meand that his character is cool. And KES makes her male leads almost the same. She even writes the same scenes for them. But Grim Reaper...he's special. You will never meet such character in KES or other drama.

Like knetz states under random trending main couple's article (comments 1 and 4):

Mydaily - Nate: "Your boyfriend is right here!"... Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun, love begins

1. [+1,058, -19] Wow today`s crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Lee Dong Wook makes it seem like I`m watching a gag program ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Can`t call because he doesn`t have a name ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  Even when he`s not doing anything, I automatically crack up when I look at him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1,001, -19]  Sunny not Sun Heeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

3. [+874, -21] Kim Shin is the CEO guy. Eun Tak will lose her memories later on. She calls him  CEO because Kim Shin told her before that he owns the hotel

4. [+94, -2] Gong Yoo’s cool in everything he does. Casting Lee Dong Wook for this role is god’s work. I hardly ever laugh when watching gag programs but Lee Dong Wook is shockingly hilarious

5. [+74, -9] We’re going to the Playstore, go get dressedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Wookie really rocks. And it's the matter of time when his character will be given deeper storyline. But honestly I don't want him to stop being that awkward and hilarious. Cos he's the only one who keeps all that story alltoghether and people are laughing. Without him it will be just random boring kdrama romance, well, trendy KES's kdrama romance.
Still, he's not at top like GY. But I hope that KES's magic epic romantic moments will touch WangSun couple as well, so those people who're craving for epic wiill get it here as well.

@siddy09 welcome here! I will be glad to meet another Wookie's fan. I have noticed that all Wookie's fan are really have lots in common and are very nice people.^^ I guess that Wookie attracts onlt great ppl. And I'm glad to hear that your friends are Team Reaper. So do my even though they're even not LDW's fan. They're getting bored by leading couple and craving for more WangSun scenes. But if to look through Goblin's thread here it seems that people are crazy over leading couple. And it makes us feeling uncomfortable there :( I have notices your post with mentioning my name only now cos I can't find strenght to look through all those pages of main couple's gifs and pics to find something interesting in that thread *sigh*. But I will reply to your post there to brigh light at that dark lol. Sorry, I guess I'm too biased. You should watch smth with Wookie. Have you watched his varieties apperance? For example Running man or TROS?

• Like 10

Ladies, so you're all here now. I miss you all so much in the main thread. I'm not a devoted fan like you kind people are, which was why I hesitated to post here for days, but I think I'm going to post my Reaper-related posts here just to talk to you.

Hugs to you, and many many prayers for Lee Dong-wook's success in career and personal life.

EDIT:

One OK Rock launched this single on Dec 16

Seriously this could be Wang Yeo's song.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 9

@selenette hi, dear! Nice to see you here! I honestly was trying to communicate there in Goblin's thread but I'm feeling myself lost when I'm trying to find Wang Yeo and WangSun related posts. I would really love to discuss him and couple there, but my and other posts are simly getting ignored. And I'm sure that WangSun fans when they're coming there they're giving up to find soulmates and leaving the thread. Cos overall in web I see plenty of their fans, as well as Grim Reaper's. How to manage it oh?

• Like 5

Lee Dong Wook Gets Some Hilarious Suggestions For Names On “Goblin”

Lee Dong Wook

On the December 16 episode of tvN’s “Goblin,” Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na’s love story started developing in earnest.

Spoilers

In the episode, Sunny (Yoo In Na) met the grim reaper (Lee Dong Wook) by chance at an overpass and she asked him bluntly why he didn’t call her. The two of them went to a nearby cafe but the grim reaper was hilariously out of his depth in dealing with Sunny, though he did say, “Because you smile, I keep looking at you.”

As the grim reaper is not human, he got hung up on not having a human name. This was the reason that he was not able to call her, as well as not knowing how to use a smartphone.

Eventually the grim reaper asked Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) to give him a human name and requested, “Give me the name of a man that women like.” Eun Tak suggested Hyun Bin, Won Bin, and Kim Woo Bin, finally adding, “What about Park Bo Gum?”

Finally the (still nameless) grim reaper was able to call Sunny (with the help of Gong Yoo) and the two of them set up a date, furthering their burgeoning love story even more.

“Goblin” airs every Friday and Saturday. Catch the show on Viki exclusively in Europe!Watch "Goblin" on Viki exclusively in Europe!

Source (1) soompi news

• Like 10

@triplem welcome here. It's ok that you're not hardcore fan, we're open minded here :phew: But be careful, sometimes Wookie does magic haha. Yes, I'm craving for more scenes of WY/Sunny and I'm sure we'll have more to come, but I feel like writer is saving their storyline for later part of drama. When people hpefully will get enough of sword problem, they will develope more WangSun mysterious past lifes. And I see many people and my kdrama friends as well are craving for more GR and GR/Sunny scenes, since he and his couple is something different, which you will not find easily in kdramas.And moreover, besides being Wookie's and GR's fan I like YIN a lot (she was one of my fav kactresses even before I've fallen for Wookie's charms) and I love love love her Sunny. She's totally my type of girl. I never expected to see such character in kdrama. 

@puuuumash yes, LDW is love :wub:

@selenette nice song, dear! I love the band and the style, and lyrics suits GR...hopefully if he is a King and not a Queen. 

Talking about music, I love this one for Grim Reaper Wang Yeo. Both lyrics and music suits him.

Especially this part

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is scars
They don't see the angel
Living in your heart

Let them find the real you
Buried deep within
Let them know with all you've got
That you are not your skin

Oh [2x]

When they start to judge you
Show them your true colors

• Like 7

@Princi_86  You have no idea how glad I am to find you here with the others ( I see @joyezz, @winterdew and hi, @triplem ! *waves*, and hello @longleg I hope you'd still watch Goblin for the Reaper's sake, and greetings, Lee Dong-wook's loyal fans! ).

I think I'd still post in Goblin thread from time to time, but I'd make sure to double post here, too, if you don't mind. 

My favorite part. Show them who you are, Reaper. You are much more than this shell.

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is scars
They don't see the angel
Living in your heart

Let them find the real you
Buried deep within
Let them know with all you've got
That you are not your skin

Based on the way their bridge scenes are staged, I think there are symbolisms in said scenes that could add more depths to Sunny and the Reaper's already intriguing characters.  I would like to explore the scenes once I got some time.

EDIT: Dear @MaysoonD is here too! Yay for awesomeness!!

Edited by selenette
  • Like 7

@Princi_86

IKR! I don't mind that thread but I am like why do I even read pages full of 1000 words essays on lead couple when I don't even ship them? And it's hard, very hard to look for posts concerned with GR or Sunny. I first do a scan of whole page and then search for names- GR, Sunny, LDW, YIN and then reply..:phew:

And somebody told me on a networking site that Suuny might be the re-incarnation of King and GR of Queen. :blink: But then Queen must have done some grave sin to become a reaper..what that could be? And didn't KS say that Queen was innocent?

• Like 9

Hi Triplem, welcome to the group! It's nice to know Wookie is getting more fans. He is really like a drug addiction, once you find out different aspects of the guy he becomes more and more attractive. You can see that his real person is really cool and funny in the BTS scenes and also try watching Strong heart, you will find he knows how to hold an intelligent conversation with the guests, be charming and extremely funny and witty. 

Then you watch his dramas like Hotel King and La Dolce Vita and then he like sucks you into his character with the close up shots of his eyes and sex appeal like when he is dancing with Kim Sun Ah in Scent of  Woman. He gets along with kids and animals and production staff in front of and behind the camera and he takes care of his loved ones. People who meet him just fall in love with his charm and he keeps close contact with people in previous projects. He is not a normal K actor at all, and the more you find out about him, you love him as a actor and a person.

• Like 9

Hi all,

Just wanted to bring up the future story line for the Grim Reaper as Siddy09 brought up the topic before. Also I find the discussion on the age gap between Goblin and ET such an idiotic topic by now after thousands of comments on it, it's like it cannot be changed so why discuss it...plus she had to be a student so that she was in a desperate situation with no income and no where to go, it's part of the story line..so hope pple will just accept it, so let's discuss this topic which is not discussed much.

Actually, I know it has been mentioned in previous thread either in Goblin board or here that GR is definitely the king as it was mentioned in the introductory character description and also in wiki?, it would also make more sense for GR to be king since it definitely seemed like the King had ordered all those people to die even if he was influenced by his advisor. However, it is interesting to discuss both scenerios.

So the woman in the red dress said that GR and Sunny would have to pay a high price for the ring. I am wondering what that price would be as so far everything she has predicted has come true....

Scenerio 1

If he was the King, Goblin would find it really hard to forgive him right, then how could they still live together, would he even tell the Goblin abt it? Would it completely damage their new found relationship. Would GR have to sacrifice a huge loss to make up for it or has his 300 years as a GR already be enough, he probably learnt a lot seeing how people end up in afterlife. I am hoping the lady in the red dress will have mercy on him as she had on the little boy in the hospital. Also, if he found out he had directly killed Sunny, his beloved queen in the past, how could he forgive himself and how could he continue the relationship with her without telling her the truth? Would he try to remove himself from everyone and disappear from everyone's life? I would imagine the pain from finding out his past life would be too hard for anyone to bear and he would have to continue a very lonely existence and not be able to die but continue as a Grim Reaper? Or could he redeem himself and have a happy ending with Sunny? In any case I think he will regain his memory when he kisses her or touches her which seems like it could come at episode 10 or it would be strange not to touch at all for so long. Could ET be the key that saves him in the end?

Scenerio 2

Even though it is quite unlikely for GR to have been the queen, but I think endings with a twist are the best stories in the end. So if so the backstory of the crime of the queen would be the most interesting and she looks so innocent in that white dress and that would mean the king who would then have to be Sunny is innocent. That would make the queen's character EXTREMELY interesting... I feel like Goblin was romantically involved with her. I mean he looked at her old portrait and cried. So if Goblin found out GR was his past lover and this past lover had betrayed him, that could be even more interesting how this plot goes down. But I feel Goblin would be more capable to forgive GR if in the past he was the queen. Another note is when Lee Dong Wook approached the writer and PD, they questioned him whether this role may be challenging for him, it seems like there is much more twists in his character then meets the eye. If in the former part of Goblin, he is more comedic, would he be very intense and different, once he gains back his memory and that is the hard part they were talking about to act? If so I really look forward to seeing different sides of his acting and character evolve.

If both scenerios, there does not seem like an end to him being a Grim Reaper except if there is a higher power that can show him mercy. I mean Goblin has for sure ET who will save him, but who is going to save the GR? It does not seem likely it is Goblin, ET or Sunny, so maybe it is the Lady in the Red dress or he that will save himself, i.e. a huge sacrifice for all the other parties.

Btw, I will try to post this in the Goblin thread and see if any hard core Goblin ET fans will have any reactions... haha

• Like 9

@lucifercorner I agreed, Goblin's story plot was quite boring for the past 2 weeks bcos it so focused on KS-ET. The pace was so slow,  it wasn't as great as the 1st week eps, but overall, the 3rd week was better than 2nd week eps bcos finally we could saw WangSun's progression

@Puppywookie Ahahahaha, me too dear. If you're a fan of LDW, it's gonna be hard for us to fall for flower boys type like PBG. K-netz love PBG wasn't a big surprise, both of them are beautiful human being but located in a very different continuum -at the end, it's just about a different choice of taste- LOL. As far I remember, K-netz love PBG bcos he reminded them as a good son, right? They don't see him as mature man

@winterdew Thanks for the insight post! I agreed that he's so underrated, ppls love his comedic-moment rather than his mellow act. Those tearful eyes spoke louder than words! Just like @Princi_86 said, GR's story line also had the sad part which we couldn't wait to be revealed! But since KES is now focusing on KS-ET's melodrama, GR is now needed to be the fun one who gave us laugh, I hope our patient-mode finally paid off in great way!

Welcome to LDW's thread dear @siddy09 @selenette @puuuumash @triplem! Hope you'll enjoy the journey of fangirling with us, don't bother to post anything about LDW, we're here for discussing and drooling too. LOL

If you have free time before Goblin's next airing, you could binge watching his K-variety performances like TROS -it's only 2 eps and just about less than 1 hour-, and then you could watch Roommate -well, it's a lil bit long, 2 season with more than 40 eps- but I believe you'll fall for LDW more bcos those shows showed us that he's not only a versatile actor, but also a great human being too.

@Princi_86 I also felt a lil bit tired to catch up the Goblin's thread, I hope I'll have time to finally made a good backread at that thread

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Puppywookie said:

Scenerio 1

If he was the King, Goblin would find it really hard to forgive him right, then how could they still live together, would he even tell the Goblin abt it? Would it completely damage their new found relationship. Would GR have to sacrifice a huge loss to make up for it or has his 300 years as a GR already be enough, he probably learnt a lot seeing how people end up in afterlife. I am hoping the lady in the red dress will have mercy on him as she had on the little boy in the hospital. Also, if he found out he had directly killed Sunny, his beloved queen in the past, how could he forgive himself and how could he continue the relationship with her without telling her the truth? Would he try to remove himself from everyone and disappear from everyone's life? I would imagine the pain from finding out his past life would be too hard for anyone to bear and he would have to continue a very lonely existence and not be able to die but continue as a Grim Reaper? Or could he redeem himself and have a happy ending with Sunny? In any case I think he will regain his memory when he kisses her or touches her which seems like it could come at episode 10 or it would be strange not to touch at all for so long. Could ET be the key that saves him in the end?

I picked for scenario 1!

I still believe GR is the reincarnation of the young king who ordered to kill KS and the queen. And your post give us some hints about future problems for KS, GR himself and Sunny too. The conflict will be very emotional from both side. Until now, KS still looks for the reincarnation of the king. Imagine his surprised if he finally found out GR is the reincarnation and how the way GR handled himself if he finally remember how cruel he was during his reign. OMOOO..... I think I need to prepare tissue for this moment. I agreed that ET also gonna be a key point -both for GR and KS- I hope KS could finally forgive GR for his sin and GR could finally forgive himself. I don't expect a very sweet ending but I hope at least both of them will finally find a peace with themselves.

• Like 8

Wow, this thread is getting so lively! Welcome here, @selenette, @siddy09, @puuuumash and @triplem! We're really happy to have you guys join us in our little but growing circle of Wookie fans ^^

@siddy09 It's cool that Wookie's thread is the first one that you've joined on Soompi! His thread on Soompi is the first ever forum I joined :) I guess that we're being a little whiny (haha) about him not getting as much recognition as he deserves because he's been working hard to put out many great dramas and movies for more than a decade. But you're right, he's getting a lot of love for his role in this drama, and I'm so heartened to hear that newfound fans like you are even interested to check out other shows that he acted in :) I hope you have fun discovering him as an actor and as a person too through watching his other shows!

@Princi_86 My thoughts exactly, chingu! I love how we're getting to see Wookie's brilliant comedic timing in this drama, because for sure it balances out the heavier storyline of the main couple. But I really hope they don't just give him comedic scenes. Rather, I hope that we'll get to see him in just as many deeper, emotional scenes like the one in ep 6 which we mentioned earlier. He's so brilliant in such scenes and his acting in them will definitely bring about many impactful moments in the drama. Thanks for sharing your views and thoughts on the response towards his role in Goblin so far ^^ I think when his backstory is revealed, he's bound to lose some of that naivety and innocence that are so endearing to us (haha), but I hope he doesn't lose those traits completely. And like what @Puppywookie said, there's a reason why Wookie took up this role (the challenges that come with it), so I think there'll be a lot more to his character (and thus, opportunities for him to shine) than we have seen so far. 

@selenette Thanks for coming over to this thread to discuss WY/Sunny with us, chingu ^^ Honestly, I would love to post more in that thread, but like some of you guys have said, it's takes quite a lot of time and effort to trawl through countless posts of the lead couple... and to find maybe just the rare post about the GR and/or Sunny. And the thread moves too quickly. So I like to post here to discuss the GR and WangSun with you guys in greater depth :sweatingbullets: But of course, I'll still try to post there when I can. Thanks for the song recommendation, btw. It's awesome. I've heard lots about One OK Rock, but this is the first time I've listened to a song of theirs. It's so fitting indeed. I like that they'd used a dark-ish soundtrack to accompany WY's entrance in ep 1, but I think it'd be pretty cool if he had a proper theme song (with lyrics and of the same dark-ish vibe) like this song.

By the way, guys, remember that scene in the most recent episode, where WY and Sunny are at the cafe talking, and WY gets flustered and drops his phone when Sunny offers to have a look at his phone? Did he recoil and drop his phone because he doesn't want/is afraid of Sunny touching him? Or is it that whole deal where he's trying to avoid touching someone because doing so would give him a glimpse of that person's past life?

• Like 7