Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

this is what i read about the poster

the poster it shows a face of an unknown girl without much emotions .there is a feeling of sorrow and despair.the contrast of the white background color and the blood red stained flower .differ from normal horror movie poster where it is always covered in darkness with showing faces with reaction of horror .instead it confer a sense of beauty at a brief glance ...

Guest Fleur

^Ah... so that's the background info on the poster...

The poster does look mysterious... probably suiting the storyline well. But shouldn't they at least show abit of the leads... oh well.. *shrugs shoulder*

^Ah... so that's the background info on the poster...

The poster does look mysterious... probably suiting the storyline well. But shouldn't they at least show abit of the leads... oh well.. *shrugs shoulder*

hmm sometimes the most beatufiul and unforgetable poster is one which shows the least .:)..sometimes an art ....especially for horror movies ..that poster is not bad ....(but it also remind me of another horror movie poster ..cannot recall which one .but also of a little girl . ) LDW has a good attidue towards his first film ..he said he want to try different genre rather then the normal romance or comedy ..as a challenge ..he always seem quite an adventenous man ..

other posters will be releasing ..korea movies sometimes can have up to 3 posters ..or more even summer time is the time for horror movies in korea .every year it never fails to have so many horror movies appearing in summer ....eee but i dun really watch their horror movies unlesss it is more of a thriller ....

^

^From what I read, it's just a teaser poster. They're probably releasing another one later, with the leads' faces on it.

Still, I actually like this one; it looks classy yet creepy (and with the explanation shirley posted, plot-appropriate).

I really enjoy watching LDW's "Arang" interview clips (thanks for uploading/posting links, guys :D). Even though I have no idea what they're saying, it's cute seeing him getting along so well with Song YoonAh. I'm also glad that he decided to make his film debut in something other than a romcom or melodrama--to better showcase his versatility as an actor. Aaaand he's so droolicioius with that messy, grungy look (so different from clean-cut GongChan). :wub: Wookie, fighting!

Guest ripgal

nice description shirley... yeah.. i noticed that the poster's different from typical horror movies' posters where the backgrounds are black and dark.. when u mentioned it, then i realised.. yeah.. there's something different to this one.. with a flower, must be conveying something more. not horrific, but sad..

anywayz.. yeah.. it may be a teaser.. i think somehow LDW or SYA's faces will appear in the official one..^^

this is what i read about the poster

the poster it shows a face of an unknown girl without much emotions .there is a feeling of sorrow and despair.the contrast of the white background color and the blood red stained flower .differ from normal horror movie poster where it is always covered in darkness with showing faces with reaction of horror .instead it confer a sense of beauty at a brief glance ...

ah thx shirley for tis explanation of the Arang poster ~ ;)

Guest roddy

hello shirley. Thanks for the explanation on the poster. My first reaction wuz more or less like that: i thot the poster is really striking becoz it's so simple. The flower in bloom is beautiful and creepy all at once, especially becoz it's washed with the colour of blood...But the little girl din frighten me, she jus made me feel sad - can somehow feel her grief...

Yeah, i read the interview where DW mentioned that he deliberately chose this film/type of film coz altho it wud be easier for him to pick a lovestory or romantic comedy (he mus be getting a lot of these types of scripts), he just wanted to keep trying different things: RESPECT! Keep it up, Oppa, we support u!!

Other roles i can see him in:

a gangster (remember Bye3x?),

a lawyer (jus the thot of seeing him in snappy suits fighting court cases...wooohhh!),

a private investigator (solving cases in black leather jacket *hehe my pervy mind again!*),

a geeky college student (in those nerdy specs),

james bond :lol::lol::lol: (we know who his beautiful sidekick shud be, right pervies??)

Guest polabola

this thread is loaded with goodies!!! thank you gals for posting them ^_^

The poster of Arang is looking good! I like the mystery and the splashes of red it. It looks really creepy, now I can't wait since I'm fond of horror movies! :w00t:

Yeah, i read the interview where DW mentioned that he deliberately chose this film/type of film coz altho it wud be easier for him to pick a lovestory or romantic comedy (he mus be getting a lot of these types of scripts), he just wanted to keep trying different things: RESPECT! Keep it up, Oppa, we support u!!

Other roles i can see him in:

a gangster (remember Bye3x?),

a lawyer (jus the thot of seeing him in snappy suits fighting court cases...wooohhh!),

a private investigator (solving cases in black leather jacket *hehe my pervy mind again!*),

a geeky college student (in those nerdy specs),

james bond laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (we know who his beautiful sidekick shud be, right pervies??)

I agree with you. He just earned a bunch of additional points because of his choice of roles which he has in common with the other k-stars that admire (JDG and JH). I love the roles you chose for him. I think he should go on, explore and try different things that would exercise his talent, then maybe in the future, we might see him deservingly get an award for his roles. :wub:

Guest roddy

Agree with u lyn bout this thread, and one of our goodie-pervies is lisa :D , thanks lisa.

i haf a problem with the link tho: http://211.220.195.199/vod/TV/200605/19/cine19.wmv

Izzit jus me?

dw3.jpg

LDW looks so hot in that event :w00t: anyone has a close-up pic of this? hehe

AGREE! i luv the way he is here: he's got the whole formal-but-casual look absolutely right. The black jacket + white shirt + jeans + blackrimmed specs: WOW :lol: . And that trademark messy hair: WOW WOW :P ! He looks like the hottest college professor i've ever seen. I'd totally flunk his classes over n over if it means i can sign up every semester jus to look at him *that would make me beyond pervie, more like a stalkie huh?*

I wonder if it's at his old uni: Saejung?!

Guest polabola

^^He can be my teacher anytime....LDW hotness 101 :lol: if someone insults how him I'm prepared for war :lol:

btw, did I sound disrespectful in my previous post? It seems though I did :sweatingbullets:

For those reading my fanfic, chapter 8 is up! ^_^

Guest ripgal

Agree with u lyn bout this thread, and one of our goodie-pervies is lisa :D , thanks lisa.

i haf a problem with the link tho: http://211.220.195.199/vod/TV/200605/19/cine19.wmv

Izzit jus me?

AGREE! i luv the way he is here: he's got the whole formal-but-casual look absolutely right. The black jacket + white shirt + jeans + blackrimmed specs: WOW :lol: . And that trademark messy hair: WOW WOW :P ! He looks like the hottest college professor i've ever seen. I'd totally flunk his classes over n over if it means i can sign up every semester jus to look at him *that would make me beyond pervie, more like a stalkie huh?*

I wonder if it's at his old uni: Saejung?!

hei roddy!! u're already super duper obsessed that u'd like any image of his! BUT yeah..if he was my professor... i might go to school and never ever skip a lesson juz bcos i wana look at him!! and i guess thru out the lessons i might juz stare at him and fantasise!! hahahhaa... :rolleyes::lol:

btw.. lisa.. the off topic graphic/pics u posted up there.. it's kinda cute cos the fans actually improvised suitable korean stars into the famous Japanese anime Slam Dunk.. heheh..

ok the best and most suitable one!! of course Wookie as that basketball player.. forgot the name tho..;)

Guest polabola

^^ I love the eyes in those pics!!! they're really mysterious and eerie ^_^ thanks for posting them hehehehhe

hahaha if dong wook was my prof--hehehe perfect attendance-ill even do my hoework-extra credit (as long as it's abt dong wook)..and hehehe ill totally visit in office hours n get tutored (ask him why he's so hott hehehe)

i wonder which manga character resembles dong wook...

Guest ripgal

hei carla..u bet.. i will be sooooo obedient during class. and i will SSHHH when noone's listening.. and i will make sure Wookie professor gets all the attention he needs...hahahha.. pervy thoughts invading again!! :lol:

btw.. i dun think Wookie resembles any manga.. cos he's juz too perfect! i think a manga character should be carved out of him instead!! hahaha..:D