[Upcoming Drama 2024] Crash, 크래시- Lee Min Ki & Kwak Sun Young-Mon&Tue@10PM KST Premieres on May 13

larus

by Lily Alice, April 16, 2024
2 0

Actress Kwak Sun Young takes on the challenge of action acting in Crash.

In the K-drama, the actress plays the role of Min So Hee, the chief of TCI who will do anything to solve a case. 

Expressing her excitement, she said, "The script was really interesting," adding, "Especially, the line 'Grabbing the steering wheel instead of a knife' left a strong impression on me." The Hospital Playlist actress remarked, "I was surprised to learn that accidents caused by cars, which are usually thought of as a means of transportation, are more numerous and diverse than I thought."

Noting the significance of the drama's theme and message, Kwak Sun Young revealed the reason for choosing the project: "[Imagining] the TCI team tracking down villains on the road and capturing them made me feel exhilarated to the point where I thought, 'I definitely want to try this.'"

Min So Hee is a character who possesses all the qualifications and skills required for the job of a detective, such as martial arts and exceptional driving skills. Therefore, Kwak Sun Young had to acquire the necessary action skills for her drama character.

2wDwKW_2f.png

Contrary to the expectations of it being challenging for someone going to the action school for the first time since her debut, Kwak Sun Young said her experience was "exciting and enjoyable." She continued, "Of course, I had concerns about [how I would manage to] get it all together during the actual shooting, but thanks to the good planning by the martial arts director and the cooperation of the martial arts team, there weren't any major difficulties."

RBJBKV_2f.png

Spoiler

Xdbdoq_2f.png

Commenting about her character, the actress said, "Min So Hee is not only skilled but also deeply committed to justice and has a lot of integrity. She never bends in the face of injustice but also knows how to handle crises flexibly," said Kwak Sun Young.

Inviting viewers to tune in to the drama, the actress said, "I hope viewers can feel and enjoy all the passion and effort the TCI team has put into solving traffic crimes". She concluded by saying, "From scorching summers to chilly winters, everyone worked really hard. I hope viewers will watch attentively how the members of TCI come together to solve various traffic crime incidents."

Crash will premiere on May 13. More news about the K-drama's global OTT streaming service is yet to come.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kwak-sun-young-plays-a-passionate-detective-in-crash

Heo Sung Tae Transforms Into The Team Leader Of The Traffic Crime Investigation Team In "Crash"

Apr 18, 2024
by D Lee

ENA has released new stills of their upcoming drama “Crash”!

“Crash” is a crime investigation drama about a Traffic Crime Investigation (TCI) team that tracks crimes that occur on the road.

In this drama, Heo Sung Tae will finally portray a character that is a team leader who formed the TCI team out of analysis of a lack of system in combating traffic crimes. A veteran detective in the violent crimes division, Jung Chae Man is a compassionate leader who takes care of his fellows and is able to see the whole picture in complex scenarios.

In these stills, Heo Sung Tae appears with a seemingly more relaxed look compared to the characters he played in previous projects. Heo Sung Tae commented that this new project is a challenge for him and that he will show a new side of himself through this.

heosungtae2.jpeg

Spoiler

heosungtae3.jpeg

heosungtae.jpeg

Heo Sung Tae added that in order to portray the character more realistically, he decided to not put on any makeup and to use the Gyeongsang Province dialect in place of standard Korean, which will draw more viewers’ attention and anticipation.

“Crash” will air on May 13 at 10 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655606wpp/heo-sung-tae-transforms-into-the-team-leader-of-the-traffic-crime-investigation-team-in-crash

by Lily Alice, April 18, 2024

Actor Heo Sung Tae sheds his villain image and returns to the small screen as a passionate detective driven by justice in Crash. 

The actor takes on the role of Jung Chae Man, the team leader of the Traffic Crime Investigation (TCI) squad, who formed the team by handpicking each member, each of whom he considers a hidden gem, and serves as a supportive leader, aiding his team members in developing their skills. 

Heo Sung Tae described his character as the linchpin of the team, who takes care of the team members, knows how to draw the big picture, and is a leader who values justice.

WPBJ0p_2f.png

pdOK5y_2f.png

Having portrayed villain roles in the past, Heo Sung Tae expressed that he saw this role as a challenge. The one who inspired this challenge was director Park Joon Woo. The actor said, "The time we spent shooting together was really great. When such a great director said he thinks that I, who has played many villain roles, can play the role of Jung Chae Man well, there is no reason not to do it." 

The actor pointed out that Jung Chae Man's charm lies in his silliness. Moreover, Jung Chae Man's hobby of quoting Chinese idioms and ancient poems, with Heo Sung Tae's comic acting added, is expected to bring comic relief in Crash. 

x4Yvo0_2f.png

Heo Sung Tae also commented on the team, stating, "The team's synergy is amazing. We couldn't be more united as a team."

He continued, "I was fascinated by actor Lee Min Ki's cool and unpretentious demeanor. Any actor will find it easy to collaborate with Kwak Sun Young. She's a truly talented actress. Actor Lee Ho Chul, with whom I've worked for the fourth time in the same production, was very amiable, and actress Choi Moon Hee, the youngest, actively contributed as the mood maker on set, so I'm grateful to her for that."

Heo Sung Tae's wish is for Crash to be watched by many people. He said, "When I first received the script, I found it fascinating that it handled such a heavy issue easily."

He revealed the reason for choosing the drama, saying, "I thought it [traffic crime] was something many people should be aware of," and didn't forget to urge people to tune in, adding, "It's a drama full of joys and sorrows, so please look forward to it."

Crash will premiere on May 13. More news about the K-drama's global OTT streaming service is yet to come.

https://mydramalist.com/article/heo-sung-tae-sheds-his-villain-image-and-plays-a-caring-team-leader-in-crash

20240424005011_crash1.jpg?s=900x600&e=tWatch: Lee Min Ki, Kwak Sun Young, And Heo Sung Tae Showcase Comical Synergy As A Capable Team In "Crash" Teaser

Apr 24, 2024
by D Lee

Upcoming drama “Crash” has released a new teaser!

“Crash” is a crime investigation drama about a Traffic Crime Investigation (TCI) team that tracks crimes that occur on the road.

Lee Min Ki will play rational individualist Cha Yeon Ho, the new head of the Traffic Crime Investigation (TCI) team, who graduated from KAIST. Kwak Sun Young will star as Min So Hee, the ace of the TCI team, who possesses incredible martial arts and driving skills along with keen judgment and a warm heart. Heo Sung Tae will portray Jung Chae Man, a compassionate and veteran team leader who formed the TCI team out of analysis of a lack of system in combating traffic crimes.

The new teaser highlights various comical scenes demonstrating the peculiarities of each character. Cha Yeon Ho, a KAIST graduate who would be better off somewhere else, defies everyone’s expectations of him as a flawless person by portraying a rather awkward but a much more humane personality. Contrary to his clean-cut and strong appearance, he gets easily flipped over by Min So Hee, who asks him, “How do you want to be a police if you are so fragile?” Min So Hee, on the other hand, portrays a tough and brave police who is fearless, including her reckless but impeccable driving skills.

As proud members of the TCI, they do not shrink from their responsibilities and keep tracking down crimes no matter what, and their synergistic team play drives high anticipation for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656814wpp/watch-lee-min-ki-kwak-sun-young-and-heo-sung-tae-showcase-comical-synergy-as-a-capable-team-in-crash-teaser

• Like 1

News bites: April 24, 2024

by tccolb

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2024/04/24/202404241837156310_1.jpg

Speaking of law shows, ENA’s upcoming Crash released new stills and a video teaser where our crew begins their crackdown on traffic crimes. Starring officers Lee Min-ki (Behind Your Touch), Kwak Sun-young (Moving), and Heo Sung-tae (Bait), the series will be launching on May 13 in the Monday-Tuesday slot. [Newsen (1), (2)]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-24-2024/

20240425174253_crash-1-1.jpg?s=900x600&eLee Min Ki And Kwak Sun Young Showcase An Ideal Senior-Junior Relationship In Upcoming Drama “Crash”

Apr 26, 2024
by J Lee

ENA’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Crash” has shared a sneak peek of the show ahead of its premiere!

Lee Min Ki will play rational individualist Cha Yeon Ho, a KAIST graduate who recently joined the TCI team. Kwak Sun Young will star as Min So Hee, the ace of the TCI team, who possesses incredible martial arts and driving skills along with keen judgment and a warm heart.

The two characters first meet when Yeon Ho worked as an insurance investigator, during which both of them handled the same incident. Later, as Cha Yeon Ho joins the TCI team, Min So Hee guides him through his initial settling-down phase, gradually fostering camaraderie between them.

What’s particularly interesting about their relationship is their contrasting characteristics. Despite impeccable qualifications, including his education, experiences, and certifications, Cha Yeon Ho struggles with social skills and reading the room. He also lacks physical strength, making Min So Hee step in and personally teach him jujutsu. As apparent from her voluntary training session, Min So Hee possesses grit and perseverance, enabling her to take down criminals with her innate agility and martial arts skills honed from numerous real-life experiences.

The newly released stills offer a glimpse of the evolving dynamics of their relationship as they train and share moments over coffee.

crash_d9799e.jpg

Lee Min Ki remarked on their relationship, calling it an “ideal senior-junior relationship in the office where guidance and learning go hand in hand,” while describing Min So Hee as a “nice, reliable senior.” Kwak Sun Young echoed this sentiment, emphasizing how Cha Yeon Ho’s thoughtful approach complements Min So Hee’s instinctive reactions, allowing them to solve cases together.

More

by lo_ve, April 30, 2024
4 1

Actor Oh Eui Shik is returning to the K-drama scene after three months.

On April 30, it was officially confirmed that Oh Eui Shik is joining the cast of the soon-to-air K-drama Crash. He will work alongside Lee Min Ki, Kwak Sun Young, Heo Sung Tae, Lee Ho Chul, Choi Moon Hee, Baek Hyun Jin, and more. 

Crash will be the second K-drama project of Oh Eui Shik for 2024. Early this year, the actor also starred in the historical K-drama Knight Flower with Lee Ha Nee, Lee Jong Won, Lee Ki Woo, Kim Sang Joong, Park Se Hyun, and Woo Kang Min

Oh Eui Shik started his acting career in 2015. He has starred in several popular K-dramas such as Crash Course in Romance, Big Mouth, True Beauty, Hi Bye, Mama!, Touch Your Heart, While You Were Sleeping, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, Love in the Moonlight, and more. 

The actor is also currently meeting fans through the play Then and Today.

https://i.mydramalist.com/kAWmeg_2f.jpg

Crash will be the next work of director Park Joon Woo who is known for creating the hit K-dramas Doctor Detective and Taxi Driver

The upcoming K-drama will showcase the journey of the Traffic Crime Investigation Team which deals with crimes using their wheels instead of knives. 

In the series, Oh Eui Shik will portray the role of Lee Tae Joo. He is the head of the crime investigation department at the National Police Agency. He will portray the role of an outstanding and attractive officer with great investigative skills.

Crash will begin airing on May 13 at 10 PM KST. The K-drama will have a total of 12 episodes. It will be available on broadcast channel ENA, Genie TV, and Genie TV Mobile.

https://mydramalist.com/article/oh-eui-shik-joins-lee-min-ki-s-new-action-thriller-k-drama