[Current Drama 2024] Love Next Door/Mom’s Friend’s Son, 엄마 친구 아들-Jung Hae In & Jung So Min-Sat. & Sun. @21:20KST

larus

Jung Hae-in, Jung So-min clash as friends in Love Next Door

by lovepark

The wait is nearly over for tvN’s upcoming romantic-comedy Love Next Door, a story about a pair of childhood friends who may be something more. Jung Hae-in (D.P. 2) stars as perfect son Choi Seung-hyo and by his side is his equally impressive counterpart Bae Seok-ryu played by Jung So-min (Alchemy of Souls). Both friends grow up to become successful adults, but life throws them a curve ball, sending them spiraling down an unknown path.

The teaser opens to Seung-hyo finding Seok-ryu sitting in the middle of the road, and he asks her what she is doing. She tells him that she made a big mistake, and on cue, her mom arrives to catch her. She calls her daughter crazy, and Seok-ryu uses Seung-hyo as a human-shield. He, on the other hand, does not appreciate getting caught in the middle of this mother-daughter fight and tells his friend’s mom to hit Seok-ryu instead of him.

Apparently, Seok-ryu has caused a major accident, which may be why she incurred her mom’s wrath. As her mom wields a backscratcher, Seok-ryu attempts to run away, but her only escape route is blocked by Seung-hyo who gives her smug grin. Rather than help her out, he pushes her inside and tells her mom to do whatever she wants.

Replacing her backscratcher with drumsticks, Seok-ryu’s mom uses her instrument for something other than making music, and our heroine desperately holds her off. She pleads with her mom that she might actually die if she uses these to hit her, but from the brief flashbacks we see, it seems these raucous fights are a familiar sight to Seung-hyo.

Reuniting as adults, our hero reminisces about his shared history with his childhood friend, and because of all their years spent together, he truly believed he knew everything about her. However, something must have changed since Seung-hyo asks Seok-ryu why she keeps tagging along like a five-year-old and yells at her to leave him alone. As if responding to his request, she hops off his bike and kicks it before stomping away.

Written by Shin Ha-eun (Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha) and directed by PD Yoo Je-won (Crash Course in Romance, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha), tvN’s Love Next Door is slated for sixteen episodes and premieres on August 17 in the Saturday-Sunday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/jung-hae-in-jung-so-min-clash-as-friends-in-love-next-door/

• Like 1

August 9 2024

Ep.1 trailer for tvN drama “Love Next Door”

Love-Next-Door-TP1.jpeg

Ep.1 trailer added for tvN drama series “Love Next Door” starring Jung Hae-In & Jung So-Min. Narration in the ep.1 trailer states (0:01) anonymous voice “One has a daughter and the other has a son. Their daughter and son both are riding high,” (0:02) Jung So-Min “Come here and hug me,” (0:06) Jung So-Min “I want to surprise,” (0:08) Jung So-Min “It’s an event,” (0:09) Kim Ji-Eun “I think I should go back. It’s an emergency,” (0:11) Jung So-Min “Me it’s a disaster,” (0:12) Jung Hae-In “Bae Seok-Ryu?,” (0:13) Jung So-Min “Choi Seung?,” (0:14) Jung Hae-In “Did you get in trouble?,” (0:16) Jung So-Min “Will you stay with me tonight?,” (0:18) Jung So-Min “Stay with me, okay?,” (0:20) Jung Hae-In “Auntie,” (0:21) Park Ji-Young “What did you just say?,” (0:22) Park Ji-Young “Say it again,” (0:25) Jung So-Min “Just think it’s like playing tag,” and (0:28) Jung So-Min “If we get caught, we die.” Above is a group poster Jung Hae-In, Jung So-Min, Kim Ji-Eun, and Yun Ji-On.

“Love Next Door” first airs August 17, 2024 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Choi Seung-Hyo (Jung Hae-In) is the most noteworthy young architect in Korea and he runs the architecture atelier “In.” Not only is he nearly perfect as an architect, but he is also very attractive and has a great personality. Yet, Choi Seung-Hyo has experienced moments that he wants to erase from his life. Those moments usually involve Bae Seok-Ryu (Jung So-Min). When they were 4 years old, their moms became friends. Because of their moms, Choi Seung-Hyo and Bae Seok-Ryu spent a lot of time together like bathing together at a women’s bathhouse. Now, Choi Seung-Hyo meets Bae Seok-Ryu as an adult.

While growing up, Bae Seok-Ryu’s life was smooth sailing. During her school days, she never missed ranking first academically at her school. She was always passionate and energetic with things she did. After graduating from a university, she got hired by a large company. She worked hard as a project manager, but, for some reason, she quit her job. She has been unemployed since then. She meets Choi Seung-Hyo.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ep-1-trailer-for-tvn-drama-love-next-door

• Like 1

Watch: Jung Hae In And Jung So Min's Reunion Leads To Chaotic Late-Night Chase In

Watch: Jung Hae In And Jung So Min's Reunion Leads To Chaotic Late-Night Chase In "Love Next Door" New Teaser

tvN’s highly-anticipated drama “Love Next Door” has released a new teaser!

“Love Next Door” is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), who is marked as the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu’s life.

The drama is helmed by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

The newly released teaser begins with the introduction of Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu as the neighborhood’s “golden children” who are the pride of their families and the envy of their neighbors.

As they grow older, Bae Seok Ryu, who was believed to be thriving in the U.S., makes an unexpected return to Korea. With an extravagant welcome from her best friend Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun), the two friends make a grand return to their old neighborhood Hyereung. However, when paramedic Jung Mo Eum gets called away on an emergency and has to leave, Bae Seok Ryu tries to hold her back saying, “But I’m also a disaster!” hinting at the chaos brewing in her life.

Choi Seung Hyo is equally surprised by Bae Seok Ryu’s sudden return. When he catches her hiding from her mother Na Mi Sook (Park Ji Young), he teasingly asks, “Did you get into trouble?” As the night progresses, Bae Seok Ryu’s desperation grows, leading her to plead with Choi Seung Hyo, “Do you want to spend the night with me? Stay with me!”

Just then, Na Mi Sook’s voice echoes behind them, signaling the start of a full-blown disaster for Bae Seok Ryu. Choi Seung Hyo quickly finds himself caught between Bae Seok Ryu and her mother, and before he knows it, he’s pulled into a late-night game of hide-and-seek. With Bae Seok Ryu clutching his hand as they flee from Na Mi Sook, she urgently warns, “If we get caught, we’re dead,” leaving viewers eager to discover what led to this wild turn of events.

Watch the teaser below!

“Love Next Door” is set to premiere on August 17 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680258wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-and-jung-so-mins-reunion-leads-to-chaotic-late-night-chase-in-love-next-door-new-teaser

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 10, 2024
5 1

The Hyereung family promises laughter and emotion in tvN's Love Next Door.

Love Next Door tells the story of Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who, while trying to reboot her life, encounters her mom's friend's son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In). The duo, being childhood friends, know each other's dark pasts and reunite years later. 

The stills introduce the Hyereung Family. In the Bae family, with mom Na Mi Suk (Park Ji Young) and dad Bae Geun Sik (Jo Han Chul), there is never a quiet day. Whereas, in the Choi family, with mom Seo Hye Suk (Jang Young Nam) and dad Choi Gyeong Jong (Lee Seung Joon), there is a coldness that can be felt in the air. 

Mom Na Mi Suk's hands are as busy as always with an apron tied around her waist. She has lived for her family more than herself and seems harsh, but her love for her children is sincere.

2w5dWP_2f.png

Dad Bae Geun Sik, Bae Seok Ryu's father and owner of a snack bar, injects vitality with his warm smile.

Spoiler

RBb0NE_2f.png

Mom Seo Hye Suk works in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is the workaholic mother of Choi Seung Hyo. She finds it difficult to open up to anyone.

XdzZxx_2f.png

On dad Choi Gyeong Jong's face, smile has disappeared long ago. He is Seung Hyo's dad and an emergency medicine professor, who harbors deep affection for his family.

Spoiler

jQ30DB_2f.png

Mom Do Jae Suk is a problem solver in the neighborhood and the mother of Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun). Additionally, Han Ye Ju as Bang In Suk portrays a mix of girlish sentiments and anger.  

Expectations rise for the middle-aged characters who, despite their age, are still young at heart.

Director Yoo Je Won said, "I aimed for everyone who has lived in Hyereung for a long time to be naturally and comfortably depicted in this neighborhood. I think the emotional exchanges that occur in the spaces — whether in front of their homes, workplaces, at the playground, or in the alley — are the most important. I made an effort to convey a familiar atmosphere that you might naturally find in a neighborhood around you." 

Writer Shin Ha Eun said, "Hyeryeong is a small neighborhood on the outskirts of Seoul (fictional). It's where Mi Suk, Hye Suk, and Jae Suk, who were high school classmates, live together. Most of us, at some point in our childhood, have made promises with our friends like 'Let's live in the same place when we grow up,' and this place brings that fantasy to life." "Especially, she hinted at a special viewing point, saying, "It will be good to follow not only Seung Hyo, Seok Ryu, and Mo Eum, but also the stories of these friends approaching their 60s. The lives of moms we never really knew, who thought their children were their entire world, and who are still young at heart despite their bodies aging, will be portrayed in the drama."

qY3nJD_2f.png

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-ji-young-jang-young-nam-kim-geum-soon-raise-excitement-for-love-next-door

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 9, 2024
1 0

Jung Hae In and Jung So Min's reunion brings a storm of chaos.

Love Next Door tells the story of Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who, while trying to reboot her life, encounters her mom's friend's son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In). The duo, being childhood friends, know each other's dark pasts and reunite years later. 

The preview begins with the story of Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu. As someone once said, "The good daughter, the good son," the two are the pride and joy of their families and objects of envy among their neighbors.

Bae Seok Ryu was riding the wave of success in the United States but makes a surprise return to Korea. Her close friend Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun) gives her a warm welcome. They carry balloons and wear props, calling Seok Ryu's return a surprise. 

kA30JO_2f.png

However, when Jung Mo Eum suddenly receives an emergency call and has to leave, Bae Seok Ryu grabs her and says, "I'm the one in a crisis," suggesting something unusual is going on.

Choi Seung Hyo is equally surprised by Bae Seok Ryu's unexpected coming. When Bae Seok Ryu hides upon seeing her mother, Na Mi Suk (Park Ji Young), and the "Suk Sisters" in the distance, Choi Seung Hyo jokingly asks, "Did you cause trouble?" 

QJBnjY_2f.png

Day turns into night and Bae Seok Ryu is unable to return homeThen, Na Mi Suk's voice is heard from behind. Caught in the middle of a tense standoff between Bae Seok Ryu and her mother, Choi Seung Hyo ends up joining a late-night game of tag. 

They run away from Na Mi Suk, and Bae Seok Ryu warns Choi Seung Hyo saying, "I'll kill you if we get caught." Curiosity grows about what led to this chase and the reason behind Bae Seok Ryu's unexpected flight back to Korea.

more

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-hae-in-is-shocked-to-see-jung-so-min-back-in-korea-in-love-next-door

• Like 1

Watch: Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, And Kim Ji Eun Get Teased By

Watch: Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, And Kim Ji Eun Get Teased By "Amazing Saturday" Cast In Fun Preview

Get ready for a fun-filled episode of “Amazing Saturday” with the stars of the upcoming drama “Love Next Door”!

On August 10, the popular tvN variety show aired a sneak peek of its upcoming episode, which will feature “Love Next Door” leads Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, and Kim Ji Eun as guests.

The newly released preview begins with the cast giving the three stars a warm welcome. After host Boom notes that Jung Hae In has great focus, Jung So Min tells her co-star that she wants to eat the dish that’s up as the prize for that round. Jung Hae In dashingly replies, “I’ll make sure you get to eat it.” The cast then jumps to tease Jung Hae In for his enthusiasm over winning Jung So Min the prize, playfully imitating the way he was writing with both hands at the same time.

Meanwhile, Boom reveals that Jung So Min, who has already been on the show multiple times, advised her two co-stars—who have never guested on “Amazing Saturday” before—not to try too hard to guess the correct answers. Jung So Min explains that it’s better to enjoy the show than to feel too pressured or burdened.

However, once the games start, Jung So Min can’t help unleashing her fierce competitive streak, and she soon laughs in embarrassment at her own passion in attempting to guess the right answers.

Finally, Kim Ji Eun shares that even though she loves playing games, she isn’t good at the signature “Amazing Saturday” lyric-guessing game. Shortly afterwards, Kim Dong Hyun jokingly tells her not to copy his answers, leading her to hold up her hands and declare with a laugh, “I didn’t copy you!”

The next episode of “Amazing Saturday” will air on August 17 at 7:40 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new preview below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680399wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-jung-so-min-and-kim-ji-eun-get-teased-by-amazing-saturday-cast-in-fun-preview

• Like 1

<Love Next Door> is coming August 17, only on Netflix!  

“Who needs enemies when you’ve got a childhood friend like this?”

GUvxEqmXIAAG1J_?format=jpg&name=large

GUvxFjiWgAA04eZ?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

GUvw56vXwAA_z3p?format=jpg&name=large

GUvw6udW0AALeog?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

20240812070847_love-next-door.jpg?s=900x3 Reasons To Look Forward To New Rom-Com Drama “Love Next Door”

Aug 12, 2024
by E Ezeji

Upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has shared three reasons why viewers should look forward to its premiere!

“Love Next Door” is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), who is marked as the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu’s life. The drama is helmed by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Ahead of its premiere, here are three key reasons to look forward to “Love Next Door”!

The reunion of Director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha”

love-next-door-1-1-1.jpg

The drama is highly anticipated as it marks the reunion of Director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun, who previously worked together on the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Writer Shin Ha Eun briefly discussed her inspiration for the drama’s plot. She explained, “I wanted to tell a story about youth. I recalled Samuel Ullman’s poem, ‘Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind,’ and expanded it into a story about youth regardless of age. This is a story about the most ordinary yet special people in the world as they love passionately, fight bitterly, and reconcile subtly.”

Jung-Hae-In-Jung-So-Min-02.jpeg

She continued, “The story centers around Seung Hyo and Seok Ryu, who have known each other since childhood. From the past, when they were forced to become bathhouse buddies by their mothers, to their growth, which they both remember differently, the drama features an epic narrative. I hope viewers enjoy it.”

Director Yoo Je Won emphasized, “Not only Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu but also Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun), Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On), and various other characters around them have their own interesting stories. The drama features a range of warm and endearing stories from romance to relationships between parents, children, and friends.”

He added, “While watching ‘Love Next Door,’ which tells stories about sharing each other’s joys and sorrows, I hope you can have a moment of laughter.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1680743wpp/3-reasons-to-look-forward-to-new-rom-com-drama-love-next-door

• Like 2

20240813042324_love-next-door-special-apRoh Yoon Seo And Lee Bong Ryun To Make Special Appearances In Upcoming Drama "Love Next Door"

Aug 13, 2024

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has announced that Roh Yoon Seo and Lee Bong Ryun will make special appearances!

“Love Next Door” is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), who is marked as the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu’s life. The drama is helmed by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Lee Bong Ryun, will make a notable appearance in the first episode of the series. This guest role was made possible by her connection with director Yoo Je Won, with whom she previously collaborated on “Crash Course in Romance,” “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” and “Tomorrow, with You.”

Lee Bong Ryun expressed her excitement about the role, saying, “I joined to support director Yoo Je Won, writer Shin Ha Eun, and the ‘Love Next Door’ team. Even though it was a brief appearance, I was grateful to contribute in any way. The set was filled with familiar faces, making it a comfortable and enjoyable experience.”

She also shared a message for viewers: “I hope you enjoy watching ‘Love Next Door’ and have a cool, relaxing summer. Please look forward to it.”

Roh Yoon Seo, who previously worked with director Yoo Je Won on “Crash Course in Romance,” also showed her support for the director’s latest project. Roh Yoon Seo shared her reasons for participating, saying, “I joined with a grateful heart because it’s director Yoo Je Won’s project. I also heard I will be working with respected senior actors, which made me excited and hopeful about the project.”

She added, “Although my time on set was brief, I could really feel the fun and relaxed atmosphere created by the director. It was great to see the staff from ‘Crash Course in Romance’ again; their presence made the filming experience comforting.” The actress concluded, “I got a sneak peek at the set as a special guest, and as a viewer, I’m eagerly looking forward to the show. I hope everyone tunes in and shows their support.”

The production team said, “We’re grateful to Lee Bong Ryun and Roh Yoon Seo for accepting our offers for special appearances. We hope viewers enjoy their brief but memorable roles.”

“Love Next Door” is set to premiere on August 17 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1681020wpp/roh-yoon-seo-and-lee-bong-ryun-to-make-special-appearances-in-upcoming-drama-love-next-door

• Like 1

by lo_ve, August 13, 2024
3  1

Roh Yoon Seo and Lee Bong Ryun will show their support to the production team of the upcoming K-drama Love Next Door.

On August 13, it was officially confirmed that actresses Roh Yoon Seo and Lee Bong Ryun will make a special cameo appearance in the upcoming romantic comedy K-drama Love Next Door. 

Roh Yoon Seo and Lee Bong Ryun will give their support to director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun. The two previously worked with director Yoo Je Won in the hit K-drama Crash Course in Romance

The production team of the K-drama shared, "We are honored and grateful to have Roh Yoon Seo and Lee Bong Ryun in our K-drama as special guests. We hope that viewers will enjoy their cameo appearances."

This will be the first appearance of Roh Yoon Seo in the K-drama world for the year. After this series, the actress will also star in the upcoming Netflix original K-drama The Frog

This will also be the comeback K-drama of Lee Bong Ryun. She was last seen in the 2023 series Sweet Home Season 2. The actress is also expected to star in the upcoming K-dramas Resident Playbook and My Youth.  

jQ3X7d_2f.jpg

Love Next Door is a romantic comedy K-drama about a a woman named Bae Seok Ryu who wants to restart her erratic life and her mom's friend's son Choi Seung Hyo who is the reason for the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu's life. 

The K-drama will be led by Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, Yun Ji On, Park Ji Young, and Jo Han Chul

This will be the next joint project of director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun. They also worked on the hit 2021 K-drama Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.  

Love Next Door will premiere on August 17 at 9:20 PM KST. The K-drama can be viewed through tvN and the global streaming platform, Netflix. 

Roh Yoon Seo and Lee Bong Ryun to appear in "Love Next Door" - MyDramaList

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, August 14, 2024
3  0

Actress Jung So Min expressed she felt embarrassed about wearing a school uniform in Love Next Door. 

On August 14, a press conference for the new tvN weekend drama Love Next Door was held in Seoul, which was attended by actors Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji EunYun Ji On, and director Yoo Je Won. 

60N4gK_2f.png

In the previously released teasers viewers got a glimpse of Jung Hae In (36) and Jung So Min (35) in school uniforms.

Jung So Min said, "Whenever I wore a school uniform in my late 20s [for my characters], I always thought, 'This is the last time.' I always thought I should accept it with an easy mind, considering it my last chance, and that I should do my best. I never expected that I would end up wearing it again this time."

She added, "Actually, I was a bit worried. (Jung Hae In) and I were both quite concerned in the beginning, but when we actually started filming, it was fun because we were able to act with a different kind of energy, although wearing the uniform felt a bit embarrassing."

On the other hand, Jung Hae In said, "I hope this isn't the last time I [act] wearing a school uniform." "I thought it would be the last time, so I felt a kind of pressure, so I was nervous and uncomfortable. But when I put it on, it felt like I had returned to my fresh teenage years. It brought back many memories, and I had a great time filming. Looking back now, I think I really enjoyed [filming] the scenes where I wore the uniform."

Kim Ji Eun (30), who plays the duo's classmate, said, "When I wore a school uniform after a long time, I realized that I've indeed aged. It was fun and good. It thought, 'I guess I really have aged.'"

Love Next Door will premiere on August 17 and stream globally on Netflix. 

Jung So Min Says She Felt Embarrassed Wearing a School Uniform in "Love Next Door" - MyDramaList

• Like 2