[Current Drama 2024] Love Next Door/Mom’s Friend’s Son, 엄마 친구 아들-Jung Hae In & Jung So Min-Sat. & Sun. @21:20KST

larus

by Lily Alice, July 26, 2024
5 0

tvN dropped a new teaser for Love Next Door, this time giving a glimpse into the relationships of Jung Hae InJung So MinKim Ji Eun, and Yun Ji On.

Love Next Door tells the story of Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who, while trying to reboot her life, encounters her mom's friend's son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In). The duo, being childhood friends, know each other's dark pasts and reunite years later.  

The teaser hints at a thrilling reversal in the dynamics between Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu. Having spent their childhood and school years together as playmates, Seok Ryu, upon seeing Seung Hyo grown taller than her, flares up at him. Seung Hyo says, "Do you still think I'm that little kid shorter than you? I'm already thirty-four."

Then there is Bae Seok Ryu and Choi Seung Hyo's same-age friend Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun), and her next-door neighbor, Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On).

With Seung Hyo, Seok Ryu, Mo Eum, and the new face, Dan Ho, vibing as buddies in the neighborhood of Hyereung, Love Next Door promises to be a warm, comedic, and light-hearted weekend rom-com.

kAqN6w_2f.png

d0WN6g_2f.png

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-hae-in-jung-so-min-kim-ji-eun-and-yun-ji-on-are-neighborhood-buddies-in-love-next-door

20240730025600_love-next-door-character-Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, And Yun Ji On Get Entangled As Neighborhood Friends In Upcoming Drama "Love Next Door"

Jul 30, 2024

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has released new posters, offering a sneak peek at the characters played by Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, and Yun Ji On!

“Love Next Door” is a romantic comedy that marks the reunion of director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun, who previously worked together on the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Jung So Min will star as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In will star as her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark chapter in her life.

The newly released character posters feature the warm and dazzling smiles of the four characters. First, Choi Seung Hyo’s sweet gaze as the self-proclaimed perfect guy creates excitement. The phrase, “At 34, you’ve come back into my life this spring,” hints at a reunion with the perfect daughter Bae Seok Ryu, adding an intriguing twist to his life. There is growing anticipation for how Jung Hae In will win hearts in this romantic comedy role.

love-next-door-character-poster-1.jpg

Bae Seok Ryu’s quirky yet lovable expression stands out in her poster. She is a top achiever who has gone from being an all-rounder to a target of criticism. Once a successful global tech product manager and her mother’s pride, she is now facing a major life issue as hinted her poster that reads, “I’m going to reboot my broken life.” Viewers are also excited to see Jung So Min’s performance, which is expected to resonate with their real-life experiences.

love-next-door-character-poster-2.jpg

Kim Ji Eun stars as Jeong Mo Eum, a quirky and friendly character. As a childhood friend of Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu, she knows their dark histories better than anyone. Her bright, playful smile and the phrase, “Superhero DNA flows through my body,” spark curiosity about her role as an emeregency paramedic.

Spoiler

love-next-door-character-poster-3.jpg

Yun Ji On brings warmth and charm to his role as Kang Dan Ho, a caring social affairs journalist. His gentle smile and the phrase, “The pen is mightier than the sword, and the sunlight is stronger than the wind,” heighten the intrigue around both Kang Dan Ho as a journalist and as a person. As he moves in next door to Jeong Mo Eum and becomes the new face in the neighborhood of Hyeryeong, interest grows in the stories he might share and the secrets he holds.

Spoiler

love-next-door-character-poster-4.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1677846wpp/jung-hae-in-jung-so-min-kim-ji-eun-and-yun-ji-on-get-entangled-as-neighborhood-friends-in-upcoming-drama-love-next-door

• Like 2

[2024/08/01] tvN IG update of Jung Haein new still cut for <Mom's Friend's Son> / <Love Next Door>.

'Choi Seunghyo has perfect visuals, personality, and abilities!
Romance around the turbulent neighborhood <Mother’s Friend’s Son> 8/17 [Sat] First broadcast at 9:20 PM | tvN'

GT3bboGawAAC7q9?format=jpg&name=medium

GT3bblVbwAMHDfJ?format=jpg&name=medium

GT3bbmwaAAAALzI?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Spoiler

Jung Hae In Transforms From National Swimmer To Successful Architect In Upcoming Drama

Jung Hae In Transforms From National Swimmer To Successful Architect In Upcoming Drama "Love Next Door"

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has released new stills featuring Jung Hae In!

“Love Next Door” is a romantic comedy that marks the reunion of director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun, who previously worked together on the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Jung So Min will star as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In will star as her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark chapter in her life.

Choi Seung Hyo is perfect in every way—looks, personality, and ability. As the head of an architectural firm and a young, notable architect, his peaceful life is disrupted when Bae Seok Ryu makes a comeback, causing perilous trouble to emerge.

In the newly released photos, Choi Seung Hyo captures attention with his impeccable suit and striking looks. As an architect building his skills and reputation, he is on the road to success. Particularly captivating is his bright smile, exuding positive energy and health. However, his past shows he was a promising swimmer selected for the national team. The mystery deepens as viewers wonder why he abandoned that dream to lead a completely different life.

love-next-door-jung-hae-in-1.jpg

love-next-door-jung-hae-in-2.jpg

love-next-door-jung-hae-in-3.jpg

Jung Hae In explained why he chose “Love Next Door,” saying, “The script itself is fun. I’ve enjoyed watching Yoo Je Won’s works, and I wanted to work with actress Jung So Min.” He added, “Choi Seung Hyo is a character with inner strength and a firm resolve. As I immersed myself in the script, I naturally built and imagined the character, which guided my performance.”

He continued, “Whenever I take on a new project, there’s always a mix of excitement and fear. This time, since this is a romantic comedy, there were many moments of laughter on set, and I received a lot of positive energy, which I enjoyed.”

“Love Next Door” is set to premiere on August 17 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678269wpp/jung-hae-in-transforms-from-national-swimmer-to-successful-architect-in-upcoming-drama-love-next-door

• Like 1

News bites: July 31, 2024

by tccolb

high.jpg&w=1920&q=75

tvN has been bustling in promos for their August premieres and character posters have newly entered through Love Next Door. With Jung Hae-in (D.P. 2), Jung So-min (Alchemy of Souls), Kim Ji-eun (Branding in Seongsu), and Yoon Ji-on (Serendipity’s Embrace) as our neighborhood quartet, the rom-com will be airing weekends starting on August 17. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/news-bites-july-31-2024/

• Like 3

by Lily Alice, August 1, 2024
29 16

Jung Hae In makes his debut in the rom-com genre with Love Next Door

Love Next Door tells the story of Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who, while trying to reboot her life, encounters her mom's friend's son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In). The duo, being childhood friends, know each other's dark pasts and reunite years later. 

In the K-drama, Jung Hae In takes on the role of Choi Seung Hyo, a perfect man blessed with looks, personality, and skills. He has been living a peaceful life as the head of an architecture firm and a promising young architect, but things change after the return of Bae Seok Ryu, his childhood friend.

The stills show Choi Seung Hyo in his impeccable suit fit and visuals. As an architect steadily building his skills and reputation, he is on a path to success. But architecture wasn't always his dream. He was a former promising swimmer selected for the national team. Curiosity grows about why Choi Seung Hyo gave up his dreams of that time to live a completely different life now.

rNgwJ7_2f.png

0wdrnE_2f.png

Z8WVbq_2f.png

Talking about choosing to star in Love Next Door, Jung Hae In said, "The script itself was fun. I've enjoyed watching director Yoo Je Won's previous works, and I also wanted to work with actress Jung So Min." He added, "Choi Seung Hyo is a strong-willed character who is both gentle on the outside and strong on the inside."

Jung Hae In also shared his thoughts on doing his first rom-com, saying, "When I take on a new project, there is always a mix of excitement and fear. This time, since it's a romantic comedy, there were definitely many moments when I laughted on set, and I was glad to receive such bright energy."

Love Next Door will premiere on August 17, and stream globally on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-hae-in-didn-t-always-dream-of-a-career-in-architecture-in-love-next-door

• Like 2

News bites: August 1, 2024

by tccolb

high.jpg&w=750&q=75

The promos continue on tvN as well, with new stills of a working and swimming Jung Hae-in (D.P. 2) in Love Next Door. The rom-com pairs him with Jung So-min (Alchemy of Souls) as they grow from childhood friends to sitting in a tree, hopefully k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Airing on weekends starting August 17, love will be in the air as well for Kim Ji-eun (Branding in Seongsu) and Yoon Ji-on (Serendipity’s Embrace) in a second pairing. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/news-bites-august-1-2024/

Jung Hae-in, Jung So-min, and Kim Ji-eun, → Jang Do-yeon's 'Salon Drip 2'... "My mom's friend." Real friend chemistry.

Actors Jung Hae-in, Jung So-min, and Kim Ji-eun will be the promotional fairies for 'Mom's Friend's Son'. [Photo = Joy News 24 DB]

Actors Jung Hae-in, Jung So-min, and Kim Ji-eun will be the promotional fairies for 'Mom's Friend's Son'.

[JOY NEWS]
Actors Jung Hae-in, Jung So-min, and Kim Ji-eun are active as promotional fairies for 'Mom's Friend's Son' from 'Ask Us Anything' to 'Salon Drip 2'.

According to a broadcast official on the 30th, Jung Hae-in, Jung So-min, and Kim Ji-eun recently finished filming tvN's 'Amazing Saturday' and YouTube channel 'Jang Do-yeon's Salon Drip 2'. The three have come together to promote tvN's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Mom's Friend's Son'.

Jung Hae-in and Kim Ji-eun will be challenging dictation for the first time in their first appearance on 'Nolto'. On the other hand, this is Jung So-min's third appearance. It makes one wonder if she will be able to show Jung Hae-in and Kim Ji-eun the experience of an experienced person.

The extraordinary chemistry that will be shown in 'Jang Do-yeon's Salon Drip 2' is also drawing attention. Attention is focused on what kind of true friend charm the three people will show after meeting Jang Do-yeon, who shows off her unique wit and hosting skills that put others at ease.

'Mom's Friend's Son' is a turbulent neighborhood romance between a woman who is trying to reboot her flawed life and her living dark past, 'Mom's Friend's Son'.

Spoiler

Jung So Min Gives A Killer Presentation In Outfit That Is Reminiscent Of Steve Jobs In New Drama

Jung So Min Gives A Killer Presentation In Outfit That Is Reminiscent Of Steve Jobs In New Drama "Love Next Door"

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has released new stills featuring Jung So Min!

“Love Next Door” is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), who is marked as the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu’s life. The drama is helmed by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

The newly released stills capture the prime of Bae Seok Ryu’s life when everything goes smoothly. Bae Seok Ryu graduated from a prestigious university in the United States with excellent grades, joined a global conglomerate, and has walked a flawless path without any breaks.

jung-so-min-02.jpeg

In another still image below, Bae Seok Ryu takes the lead in making an important presentation for the company. Her eyes shine with confidence and poise.

jung-so-min-03.jpeg

Jung So Min shared, “[Bae Seok Ryu] is a character who, while running on the path of success implicitly set by society, starts to feel disillusioned with that life due to certain events and seeks her own path.” The actress continued, “I, too, sometimes feel overwhelmed by life and am gradually learning to live at my own pace and in my own way. That’s why I couldn’t help but empathize with Seok Ryu and approached the character with a heart that supports her.”

jung-so-min-01.jpeg

“Love Next Door” is set to premiere on August 17 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678903wpp/jung-so-min-gives-a-killer-presentation-in-outfit-that-is-reminiscent-of-steve-jobs-in-new-drama-love-next-door

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 5, 2024
17 2

Jung So Min comes to flaunt her charm in Love Next Door.

In the K-drama, Jung So Min takes on the role of Bae Seok Ryu, a character who is a little broken on the inside and dreams of starting anew in life. She was on a roll as a product manager of a global corporation but decided to leave everything behind.

Bae Seok Ryu went to study abroad in the US alone, graduated from a prestigious university with excellent grades, and got a job at a global corporation — a perfect life anyone could only dream of. Her eyes, as she takes on an important presentation for the company betray confidence and pride. 

BdDQKA_2f.png

However, another still showing Bae Seok Ryu at the airport sparks curiosity. The return of the once-brilliant Bae Seok Ryu with eyes that have lost their sparkle raises questions about what might have happened.

d0Wbmg_2f.png

Jung So Min shared, "I felt a great deal of empathy with Seok Ryu after reading the script," citing the character as a reason for choosing the role. She described Seok Ryu as "someone who, while following the implicitly defined path to success set by society, feels disillusioned with such a life due to a certain turning point and seeks to find their own way."

kAqQZw_2f.png

Jung So Min related, "I, too, sometimes get overwhelmed by life and am gradually learning how to live it at my own pace and in my own way. That's why I couldn't help but empathize with Seok Ryu, and approached the character with a heart of support and companionship." She added, "I believe viewers will find different points of empathy depending on their own situations and environments. I hope they view Seok Ryu from various perspectives." 

Love Next Door will premiere on August 17, and stream globally on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-so-min-relates-to-her-on-screen-character-from-love-next-door

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim Ji Eun And Yun Ji On Become Next-Door Neighbors In Upcoming Drama

Kim Ji Eun And Yun Ji On Become Next-Door Neighbors In Upcoming Drama "Love Next Door"

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has released new stills featuring Kim Ji Eun and Yun Ji On!

“Love Next Door” is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), who is marked as the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu’s life.

The drama is helmed by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Amid the excitement of the drama, new stills of local paramedic Jeong Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun) and newcomer journalist Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On) from the neighborhood of Hyeryeong have been released, sparking curiosity.

Kim Ji Eun, dressed in her paramedic uniform, appears to have perfectly stepped into the role of Jeong Mo Eum. Mo Eum is a quirky, down-to-earth first responder who believes she has heroic DNA. She is a longtime friend of Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu, having grown up with them in the neighborhood of Hyeryeong and knowing all about their troubled pasts.

love-next-door-kim-ji-eun-2.jpg

Kim Ji Eun said, “Reading the script for the first time, I found healing in the simple, everyday stories. I wanted to share that feeling with viewers, which is why I was excited to be part of the project.”

She described her character Jeong Mo Eum as “bright, healthy, and refreshingly honest with a quirky charm.” The actress added, “Since this is my first time playing a paramedic, I worked hard to accurately portray the role. I studied various resources including documentaries, vlogs, and simulations to avoid any inaccuracies.”

love-next-door-kim-ji-eun-1.jpg

Yun Ji On stands out with his smooth and intelligent presence, bringing Kang Dan Ho to life. His character is a warmhearted social affairs journalist known for his strong convictions and sense of responsibility. After moving in next door to Jeong Mo Eum, Kang Dan Ho becomes a local neighbor and friends with the Hyeryeong neighborhood trio. His role is expected to enhance the story, adding more humor and excitement.

love-next-door-yun-ji-on-1.jpg

Yun Ji On said reading the script for the first time made him feel “all warm and fuzzy.” He added, “It felt heartwarming and endearing. More than anything, I was excited about playing Kang Dan Ho, a role I hadn’t done before.”

Yun Ji On described Kang Dan Ho as a journalist who believes in getting hands-on with his work and viewing the world with a warm perspective. Though he might seem blunt and a bit frustrating to others, he actually has a lot of quirks and vulnerabilities. Yun Ji On’s focus on capturing the “human touch” in his performance has heightened excitement for his portrayal of the character.

Spoiler

love-next-door-yun-ji-on-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1679293wpp/kim-ji-eun-and-yun-ji-on-become-next-door-neighbors-in-upcoming-drama-love-next-door

• Like 1

Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, And Yun Ji On Are All Smiles In

Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, And Yun Ji On Are All Smiles In "Love Next Door" Group Poster

Aug 07, 2024 
by S Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has released a new group poster!

“Love Next Door” is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), who is marked as the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu’s life. The drama is helmed by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

The newly released group poster features the four friends who live in the neighborhood of Hyereung—Choi Seung Hyo, Bae Seok Ryu, Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun), and Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On)—walking down a quiet alley together.

The text that reads, “Our youth is in this neighborhood,” also catches viewers’ attention. Childhood friends Choi Seung Hyo, Bae Seok Ryu, and Jung Mo Eum, who grew up together, welcome their new neighbor Kang Dan Ho, who has just moved into the neighborhood. Anticipation is high for the friendship and love stories that will unfold in the beautiful neighborhood Hyereung.

love-next-door.jpeg

Check out the teasers below!  

Spoiler

SOOMPI >>> Jung-hae-in-jung-so-min-kim-ji-eun-and-yun-ji-on-are-all-smiles-in-love-next-door-group-poster

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 6, 2024
25 13

Kim Ji Eun and Yun Ji On come to add drama to tvN's Love Next Door

Kim Ji Eun plays Jung Mo Eum, who has known Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min) and Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In) since childhood. She is a paramedic who believes she has a hero's DNA flowing within her. 

wJg45J_2f.png

Kim Ji Eun shared, "When I first read the script, I felt a sense of healing from its ordinary background and the small, everyday stories that aren't extraordinary. I wanted to participate because I wanted to share this feeling with the viewers." She described Jung Mo Eum as "an honest character with a quirky charm, very pure and healthy." She also mentioned, "Since it's my first time playing a paramedic, I studied hard to ensure I wouldn't tarnish their reputation. To ensure that I don't convey any inaccuracies, I watched many videos such as documentaries, vlogs, and virtual experiments, and frequently reviewed and filmed."

rNgdB2_2f.png

Yun Ji On plays Kang Dan Ho, a warm-hearted social affairs reporter, who is characterized by his strong sense of conviction and responsibility. After moving in next door to Jung Mo Eum, he becomes a new friend to the trio.

4eqKv1_2f.png

Spoiler

0wd7ZO_2f.png

Yun Ji On revealed that reading the script made him feel "warm and fuzzy". He said, "I felt a sense of warmth and affection, and more importantly, I was eager to play Kang Dan Ho, a [kind of] character which I had never played before."

He described Kang Dan Ho as "a journalist who believes that writing articles involves moving with one's feet rather than just using one's hands. He is a person who views the world with warmth and believes being a journalist is his calling. ... He may appear a bit frustrating and blunt to others, but he has many quirks and flaws."

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-ji-eun-and-yun-ji-on-become-next-door-neighbors-in-love-next-door