[Drama 2023] My Demon, 마이데몬

larus

Spoiler

Song Kang And Kim Yoo Jung Wake Up In Bed Together In “My Demon”

Song Kang And Kim Yoo Jung Wake Up In Bed Together In “My Demon”

SBS’s “My Demon” has shared a romantic sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“My Demon” is a new fantasy rom-com about the contractual marriage between Do Do Hee, a demon-like chaebol heiress who doesn’t trust anyone (played by Kim Yoo Jung), and Jung Gu Won, an actual demon who unexpectedly loses his powers (played by Song Kang).

Spoilers

According to the drama’s production team, the romance between Do Do Hee and Gu Won will pick up the pace in the next episode. Newly released stills capture the couple waking up in the same bed in the morning and looking into each other’s eyes.

Notably, both Do Do Hee and Gu Won seem conflicted as they gaze at one another, raising the question of how their relationship has changed.

Song-Kang-2.jpegKim-Yoo-Jung.jpeg

In the next set of photos, the duo playfully bickers in matching Christmas sweaters, looking every bit like an actual married couple.

Song-Kang-2-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Yoo-Jung-2.jpeg

The “My Demon” production team teased, “In Episode 7, which airs today, Do Do Hee and Gu Won will face an incident that makes them realize their feelings for one another. The changes in their emotions, which will grow deeper amidst unexpected danger, will make viewers’ hearts flutter even more.”

To find out what lies in store for Do Do Hee and Gu Won, catch the next episode of “My Demon” on December 15 at 10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631921wpp/song-kang-and-kim-yoo-jung-wake-up-in-bed-together-in-my-demon

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Kicks Off 2nd Half On Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Kicks Off 2nd Half On Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, SBS’s “My Demon”—which shares a time time slot with “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”—earned an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632044wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-kicks-off-2nd-half-on-its-highest-friday-ratings-yet

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

SBS’s “My Demon” also returned to its all-time high of 4.7 percent as it wrapped up the first half of its run.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632105wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-and-maestra-strings-of-truth-ratings-hit-new-all-time-highs

by Lily Alice, December 16, 2023

The SBS fantasy rom-com My Demon scored an average nationwide viewership of 4.5% for episode 7, a slight drop from its previous episode's rating of 4.7%. But, the metropolitan rating of the K-drama reached 5.2% from 5.1%. 

My Demon also went from ranking second to ranking third on Netflix. The show managed to get 4.9 million views from December 4-December 10. 

XdwDxO_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Demon?

Episode 8 of My Demon will air on December 16 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-demon-and-the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-ratings-drop

by Lily Alice, December 17, 2023

SBS's fantasy rom-com My Demon scored 4.7% for episode 8, the same rating it scored for its sixth episode, which is also its best-ever so far. The K-drama retains popularity in countries across Europe, Africa, Asia, and Latin America. 

x42oDw_2f.png

Episode 9 of My Demon will air on December 22 (Friday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/welcome-to-samdalri-and-my-demon-achieve-best-ever-ratings

My Demon: Episodes 7-8

by alathe

coverpict.jpg

Uh-oh — our demon’s powers are waning at the worst possible moment. It won’t be long before our heroine might have to play her bodyguard’s bodyguard in earnest… but with multiple well-armed threats surrounding them, a malfunctioning taser might not hack it.

EPISODES 7-8

The photo booth kiss works its magic, and Do-kyung retreats, unsuspecting. This is lucky, because Gu-won’s literal magic is on fritz. Or, as NOH SUK-NYEO (Cha Chung-hwa), the homeless woman who regularly ambushes our heroes with cryptic advice would have it: “flickering.” Gu-won’s positive he’s identified the problem: his beloved spouse. Uh — not that he’s blaming her! It’s just a nuisance! By which he means, it’s not like he didn’t not not enjoy, uh, what they had to do instead — or something… hey, isn’t that his butler calling?

Yes — cue their worst marital spat yet. Bok-gyu is here to help Gu-won move in… alongside ten lifetimes’ worth of possessions, enough to smother even Do-hee’s frankly palatial apartment. Our heroine doesn’t skip a beat: Gu-won and his fifty-thousand boxes of random bric-a-brac are kicked to the curb. (Though not without a cup of coffee to go. She isn’t heartless.) Fine by Gu-won! Guess he’ll just live in his car forever! Thus, he spends several hours lounging in the car park obsessively googling himself, whilst in no way, shape, or form waiting for Do-hee to call. Upstairs, Do-hee gripes to an imaginary Madam Ju about the trials of married life.

They’re not the only ones discontent with their lot. Ga-young has fled rehearsals in a fit of pique, stalking through the city in tears and laddered tights. As she trips and bashes her ankle, we flash back to when she was child. Barefoot in the snow, she hid from her drunk, abusive father. Just as he had her cornered, she was rescued by none other than our resident demon, here to harvest her father’s soul. She had chased after Gu-won, clutching his jacket, begging to go with him — but he’d turned his back. It took her years to find him again.

Suddenly, Ga-young’s puppydog-eyed pouting makes infinitely more sense. When life gives you a backstory to rival Goblin, the last thing you expect is to be anyone’s second lead! Back in the present, an obnoxious drunk begins harassing her. But sure enough, before things get ugly, our demonic bodyguard is back to intervene. The two return to Sunwol, where Ga-young demands assurance that Gu-won’s marriage is fake. Gu-won, who has avoidance down to a fine art, insists that it is.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/my-demon-episodes-7-8/

2023 SBS Drama Awards Announces Nominees For Best Couple

Dec 18, 2023
by S. Nam

2023 SBS Drama Awards has revealed its nominees for the Best Couple award!

The nominees for this year’s SBS Drama Awards’ Best Couple award includes Ryeoun and Shin Ye Eun, who charmed viewers with their heart-fluttering romance in “The Secret Romantic Guesthouse,” Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung, who portrayed more passionate and deeper love in “Dr. Romantic 3,” and Song Kang and Kim Yoo Jung, who are currently captivating viewers through a contract marriage story in “My Demon.”

SBS-drama-awards.jpeg

The 2023 SBS Drama Awards is scheduled to take place on December 29, and Shin Dong Yup and Kim Yoo Jung will be reuniting as the hosts for this year’s SBS Drama Awards!

Which pair are you hoping will win the title of Best Couple?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632321wpp/2023-sbs-drama-awards-announces-nominees-for-best-couple

Ep. 7-8 were similar for both "My Demon" & "The Story of Park's Contract Marriage", as both fls did the noble idiocy trope in order to protect their leading men.

But by end they realise they can't live without e.o. so stay together it is LoL. Of course they kiss eheh.

Honestly I don't really care for the plot LoL - never did actually. I am just in this for the pretty factor and for Gu Won's outfits! Jin Star is such a wench and I don't know how to feel 'bout Seok Hoon LoL.. 

The antics between Sec. Shin & Butler Bok Gyu ahahah is a lot like TSOPCM's Sec. Hong, Sa Wol LMFAo!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Song Kang And Kim Yoo Jung Go On A Romantic Date In “My Demon”

Song Kang And Kim Yoo Jung Go On A Romantic Date In “My Demon”

Love is in the air on SBS’s “My Demon”!

“My Demon” is a fantasy rom-com about the contractual marriage between Do Do Hee, a demon-like chaebol heiress who doesn’t trust anyone (played by Kim Yoo Jung), and Gu Won, an actual demon who unexpectedly loses his powers (played by Song Kang).

Spoilers

Previously on “My Demon,” Do Do Hee withdrew herself from the candidates for chairperson of Mirae Group, and she also gave up on her plans for revenge—all because she did not wish to lose any more people she loved due to her murderous opponents. However, no matter how much she tried to push Gu Won away, he caught onto her feelings and boldly kissed her after a romantic confession.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Do Do Hee and Gu Won temporarily put their worries and fears aside to go on a romantic date in the park. The couple is now so smitten that they can’t even look at one another without breaking out into blissful smiles. Whether staring lovingly into each other’s eyes or enjoying some ice cream together on a bench, Do Do Hee and Gu Won are the epitome of a couple in the throes of love.

KIm-Yoo-Jung-Song-Kang-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Yoo-Jung-1.jpegSong-Kang-3.jpeg

Song-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-1.jpegKim-Yoo-Jung-Song-Kang-2.jpeg

The “My Demon” production team teased, ““Do Do Hee and Gu Won’s sweet romance will make viewers’ hearts flutter to the extremes [in Episode 9].”

However, they also went on to warn, “Amidst their confirming their feelings for one another, Gu Won’s abnormal symptoms will continue, and an unexpected incident will occur. The secret of his flickering powers will also be revealed.”

To find out what awaits these seemingly star-crossed lovers, tune in to the next episode of “My Demon” on December 22 at 10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633188wpp/song-kang-and-kim-yoo-jung-go-on-a-romantic-date-in-my-demon

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Maintains No. 1 Ratings As “My Demon” Kicks Off 2nd Half

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Maintains No. 1 Ratings As “My Demon” Kicks Off 2nd Half

SBS’s “My Demon,” which airs in the same time slot as “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,” kicked off the second half of its run on an average nationwide rating of 4.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633325wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-maintains-no-1-ratings-as-my-demon-kicks-off-2nd-half

• Like 1

Spoiler

Song Kang Faces An Impossible Choice In “My Demon”

Song Kang Faces An Impossible Choice In “My Demon”

Will Song Kang and Kim Yoo Jung be able to escape their seemingly tragic fate on “My Demon”?

SBS’s “My Demon” is a fantasy rom-com about the contractual marriage between Do Do Hee, a demon-like chaebol heiress who doesn’t trust anyone (played by Kim Yoo Jung), and Gu Won, an actual demon who unexpectedly loses his powers (played by Song Kang).

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Demon,” Gu Won learned that the mysterious homeless woman he kept running into (played by Cha Chung Hwa) was actually a god. Having now lost his powers completely, he asked her how he could get them back, and she chillingly revealed that the only way for him to regain his powers was for Do Do Hee to die.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Gu Won valiantly attempts to ignore this inescapable problem in favor of spending some quality time with Do Do Hee at home. As they share a quiet chat on the terrace, the smitten look in the couple’s eyes makes it clear that their feelings for one another have grown even stronger.

Kim-Yoo-Jung-Song-Kang-2-1.jpg

Later on, the two star-crossed lovers—who can’t bear to be apart for even a single moment—link arms as they watch a movie together.

Spoiler

Song-Kang-1.jpgKim-Yoo-Jung-3.jpg

Song-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-8.jpg

Even when Do Do Hee is busy baking a cake for Gu Won, he can’t stop himself from tenderly embracing her from behind.

However, in spite of the romantic moment, there is something sad in Gu Won’s expression that suggests this quiet bliss is merely the calm before the storm.

Kim-Yoo-Jung-Song-Kang-3.jpg

The “My Demon” production team teased, “Gu Won, who has perceived the danger [of his situation], will stand at a crossroads and face a choice that he cannot avoid. Please stay tuned to find out whether [Gu Won and Do Do Hee], who have just finally gotten together, will be able to keep their happiness.”

The next episode of “My Demon” will air on December 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633338wpp/song-kang-faces-an-impossible-choice-in-my-demon

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, December 23, 2023
1 3

The SBS fantasy rom-com My Demon scored a 4.2% nationwide rating for episode 9 on December 22, dropping from its previous episode's viewership of 4.7%. 

Despite the mediocre domestic ratings, My Demon continues to trend overseas. After ranking third on Netflix's Global Top 10 list (non-English) in the first week of December, it jumped back to ranking second from December 11-December 17. My Demon has garnered 33.6 million viewed hours on the OTT streaming service.

QJNJk4_2f.png

Episode 10 of My Demon will air on December 23 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-demon-and-the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-score-decent-ratings

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri,” “Live Your Own Life,” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” All Earn Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Welcome To Samdalri,” “Live Your Own Life,” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” All Earn Their Highest Ratings Yet

SBS’s “My Demon,” which shares a time slot with “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.8 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632276wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-live-your-own-life-and-maestra-strings-of-truth-all-earn-their-highest-ratings-yet

My Demon: Episodes 9-10

by alathe

A demon in love is a dangerous thing… after all, our hero is reaching outrageous levels of sentimentality! With our OTP finally in each other’s arms, and our heroine determined to seize happiness with both hands, the future is looking bright. But as ever, it’s not long before things go whirling out of control…

EPISODES 9-10

After a sensational kiss beneath the sprinklers, there’s no awkwardness left between our leads. Still gazing at each other with undisguised wonder, they move back to their apartment — and the bedroom. The next morning, Gu-won is determined to out-husband every husband ever to husband, or make everyone cringe trying. Do-hee suffers a veritable bombardment of couple’s meals, whilst learning firsthand that the devil has a soft spot for tandem bikes. Su-ahn, tailing them with a camera in the hopes of digging up dirt on Do-hee, learns what we’ve known all along: these two are offensively photogenic.

They’re also outrageously cute. In between staring at Do-hee with stars in his eyes, Gu-won muses that he’s grown unexpectedly fond of humanity. It’s like adopting one cat, then learning to care for all strays! Whilst vaguely indignant at this comparison, Do-hee has to admit that it’s an improvement on longhorn beetle. For her part? She reckons Gu-won is back to being his original self: guardian. Or rather, (sly grin) her guardian. When night falls, they slow-dance on the balcony to the assassin’s signature song, determined to strip it of any nasty associations. If I were Do-hee, I’m not sure I’d ever want to hear a note of it again — but I guess love conquers trauma?

Do-hee, who once thought happiness was a fairy tale — let alone love — is now fully committed to making the most of life. That means sacrifice. And so, it is with minimal regret that she signs a document to officially renounce her inheritance. Gu-won is less than thrilled; as far as he’s concerned, his wife deserves love, novelty breakfast platters, and unimaginable wealth! It’s all he can do to convince her to at least see the assassin’s face. But when Do-hee agrees, Gu-won’s teleportation powers… flicker. Nothing happens.

Do-hee has more important things on her mind. Namely — sitting down with Secretary Shin, and pouring a beer for them both! (Badly.) My journey, she declares, has come to an end — and letting go was easier than I thought. Overachiever that she is, Do-hee resolves to excel at cutting loose! This leads to both Do-hee and Secretary Shin, incandescently drunk, alternating between laughter and tears — whilst Gu-won and Bok-gyu deal with the aftermath. Gu-won gives Do-hee a romantic piggyback ride home, and Bok-gyu… uh, gets distracted by the moon before he can stop Secretary Shin from faceplanting. An attempt was made.

Meanwhile, the Wild Dogs continue to prove themselves enthusiastic labradors: their latest show of loyalty involves a deep clean of the Sunwol building. Sadly, their beloved leader is too busy smirking over the similarity between Deulgaepa (Wild Dogs) and Deulkkaepa (Perilla Seeds and Scallions) to praise their hard work. No worries — from now on, their name will be changed! To — uh, celebrate Korean cuisine! It takes little persuasion for them to redirect their efforts into tracking down our assassin. Armed with a police sketch, the newly-dubbed Perilla Seeds and Scallions go hurtling to the rescue. Granted, this mostly involves terrifying random bystanders into showing their faces, but what they lack in efficiency, they make up for in heart!

And also — in the plot twist of all time — results. Our gangsters-with-a-heart-of-gold point Gu-won directly to the culprit. But by the time the police arrive, it’s much too late. Earlier, the assassin agreed to meet with the enigmatic Abraxas at his theater hideout. Finally, the camera pans to the face of our leather-gloved mastermind… Noh-Suk-min! And he’s smiling. That wide, triangular leer of his will haunt my nightmares — but the assassin doesn’t live long enough to regret his life choices. Soon, Suk-min has him cornered, setting the abandoned dressing room ablaze. All that remains of our murderer-of-all-trades is a charred corpse… with the dagger that injured Gu-won embedded in his chest.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/my-demon-episodes-9-10/

• Like 1

"The Story of Park's Marriage Contract" Rating Improves; "Welcome to Samdalri", "My Demon"See a Drop
by Lily Alice, December 24, 2023

SBS's fantasy rom-com My Demon scored 3.8% for episode 10 on December 23. After maintaining a streak of 4% ratings from episodes 6-9, the series had dropped to its second-lowest rating of all time. 

Nevertheless, My Demon retains its global popularity predominantly in countries across Asia and Latin America.

1wqdgz_2f.png

Episode 11 of My Demon will air on January 5 (Friday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-rating-improves-welcome-to-samdalri-my-demon-see-a-drop

Spoiler

“My Demon” Soothes Viewers’ Hiatus Blues With Adorable Behind-The-Scenes Photos

“My Demon” Soothes Viewers’ Hiatus Blues With Adorable Behind-The-Scenes Photos

SBS’s “My Demon” isn’t airing this week—but for fans who need their weekly dose of the drama, the production team has you covered!

Due to the upcoming 2023 SBS Drama Awards and 2023 SBS Entertainment Awards, “My Demon” will not be airing as usual on December 29 and 30. Instead, the drama will return with Episodes 11 and 12 on January 5 and 6.

Ahead of its one-week hiatus, “My Demon” has released some adorable behind-the-scenes photos of its cast on the filming set.

Meanwhile, the production team teased, “The relationship between Do Do Hee and Gu Won, who have put their fates on the line in order to protect one another, will grow even deeper. Gu Won will also face another change after regaining his powers.”

“Where will the roulette wheel of destiny land?” they continued. “As their feelings grow deeper, the secret of their relationship will reveal itself in unpredictable ways up until the very end.”

Check out all the new behind-the-scenes photos of stars Song Kang, Kim Yoo Jung, Lee Sang Yi, Kim Hae Sook, and more below!

Song-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-2.jpegSong-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-2-1.jpegSong-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-3.jpeg

Spoiler

Song-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-4.jpegSong-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-5.jpegSong-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-6.jpegSong-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-7.jpegSong-Kang-4.jpegKim-Yoo-Jung-Song-Kang-3.jpegKim-Yoo-Jung-3.jpegSong-Kang-2-2.jpegKim-Yoo-Jung-2-1.jpegSong-Kang-3-1.jpegKim-Yoo-Jung-4.jpegSong-Kang-4-1.jpegLee-Sang-Yi.jpegKim-Hae-Sook.jpegJo-Hye-Joo.jpegMy-Demon-1.jpegMy-Demon-2.jpegMy-Demon-3.jpeg

The next episode of “My Demon” will air on January 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633862wpp/my-demon-soothes-viewers-hiatus-blues-with-adorable-behind-the-scenes-photos

Jo Hye-joo, ‘SBS Drama Awards red carpet first guest’

30000898084_1280.jpg

Actress Jo Hye-joo is attending the '2023 SBS Drama Awards' red carpet event held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 29th.

30000898085_1280.jpg

https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010282066&plink=ORI&cooper=NAVER

Jo Hye-joo, ‘Exuding elegance~’ (2023 SBS Drama Awards)

03.35443724.1.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/article/202312291261H

Actor Park Jin-woo is posing at the '2023 SBS Drama Awards' photo wall event held at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam, Mapo-gu on the afternoon of the 29th.

article.jpg

https://www.news1.kr/photos/details/?6403630

http://www.tvdaily.co.kr/read.php3?aid=17038436741696652017

2023122918563476273_1.jpg

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2023122918563476273

Kim Tae-hoon, ‘Soft Eye Charisma’ (2023 SBS Drama Awards)

03.35443754.1.jpg

Spoiler

03.35443753.1.jpg

Actor Kim Tae-hoon is taking photo time at the '2023 SBS Gayo Daejeon' red carpet event held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Seoul on the afternoon of the 29th.

https://www.hankyung.com/article/202312291266H

Kim Yoo-jung, SBS Drama Awards MC's heart

246243_260434_4411.jpg

Actress Kim Yoo-jung attends the ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’ red carpet photo wall held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of December 29th and has her photo time. She will be an MC along with Shin Dong-yeop.

29YP9OWPEW_1.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/29YP9OWPEW