[Drama 2024]She Is Different Day and Night, 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀

larus

** about 'Sailor Moon'

((https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Moon)) 'Sailor Moon (Japanese: 美少女戦士セーラームーン is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Naoko Takeuchi.
 It was originally serialized in Kodansha's shōjo manga magazine Nakayoshi from 1991 to 1997; the 60 individual chapters (later reorganized into 52), along with several side stories, were compiled in 18 volumes. ...'

**an interesting article about it

((https://www.cbr.com/sailor-moon-changed-anime/)): 'How Sailor Moon Changed Magical Girl Anime Forever'

'Awesome... The second time they meet, but this time it's an ajumma '

BOYNEXTDOOR OST FROM K-DRAMA "Miss Night and Day";

'Lucky Charm (덕분에 취직했으니 럭키잖아 )

Miss Night and Day: Episodes 1-2

by Unit

MNAD2-00020.jpg

Dramaland’s newest rom-com is here with fantasy, mystery, and hijinks for our viewing pleasure. Our heroine’s unemployed and uncomplicated life takes a different turn after she wakes up in the body of a middle-aged woman. Living a double life can be jarring and scary, but what’s a little complication when she can finally achieve her dreams of becoming employed?

EPISODES 1-2

This drama had me the second I saw our bicycle-riding heroine, LEE MI-JIN (Jung Eun-ji), cycling down to write yet another civil servant exam. Unlike Mi-jin, I can’t relate to a frustrating eight-year-long job hunt, but I can certainly relate with the feeling of multiple trials — and failure — at other life endeavors. After the oral interview, our heroine loses the position to a namesake, but she doesn’t have the heart to tell her celebratory parents that it was another Lee Mi-jin who got the job.

Still, our Mi-jin is as spirited as they come, so she does the next best thing: meet up with a mysterious man who helps job seekers like her to get a government job. But first, Mi-jin has a meet-cute at the cafe with her leading man, prosecutor KYE JI-WOONG (Choi Jin-hyuk). Never mind that Mi-jin looks like she time-travelled from the Joseon era in her court lady hanbok. Lol. It turns out that the mysterious man is a scammer, and our hotshot Seoul prosecutor is here in Seohan to catch him in the act. Welp!

The scammer is arrested after a chase around town, but it will take a while for Mi-jin to get her money back. Never mind that she gave him her bank book and she’s in danger of getting roped as an accessory to his phishing scam. Sigh. Like her day couldn’t get any worse, Mi-jin swaps the envelope containing her resume with Ji-woong’s identical envelope. And when he calls to inform her about the swap, she assumes he’s another scammer so she cusses him out and blocks his number. Lol. Don’t you just love the mistaken identity trope?

It’s been a depressingly long day for Mi-jin, and all she wants to do is drown her sadness in soju and chat with her stray cat friend — but she ends up drowning diving into a well to save the cat after it falls in. Mi-jin wishes to be someone else while in the well, and her prayers are answered when she wakes up the next morning as an ahjumma (Lee Jung-eun). Omona!

Mi-jin’s parents get the fright of their lives on seeing a “stranger” in their house, and they call the cops on her. What follows is a hilarious sequence involving her parents chasing her around the house, Mi-jin spotting her ahjumma reflection in a glass, and Ahjumma Mi-jin trying to convince everyone at the police station that she was born in 1996. Of course they all think she’s crazy, and she also thinks she’s gone crazy. Aigoo.

Mi-jin returns to her normal self at night, and she suspects the cat she saved has something to do with her predicament, but the cat is nowhere to be found. Her bizarre transformation is here to stay, and it’s such a chore to rush out of the house before the sun rises (when she transforms to an ahjumma) and stay out all day until the sun sets (when she returns to her normal self). Unfortunately for Mi-jin she finds no solution in hospitals, shamans, or plastic surgery clinics. If only she knew to ask her leading man since he knows all about jumping into a body of water and waking up as a different person. Heh.

Speaking of Ji-woong, he puts in for a transfer from Seoul to the Seohan District Prosecutors’ office, and this is most likely connected to his investigation into the mysterious disappearance of some women in Seohan twenty years ago. Of course, we can’t have a rom-com without mystery and intrigue. By the way, it would seem that our transformation-inducing cat belongs to one of the missing women — who just so happens to be Mi-jin’s maternal aunt. Of course, our leads have to be connected somehow. Lol.

Refusing to wallow in her current situation, our spirited heroine soon discovers that there are certain advantages to living as an ahjumma. For one, she can take over her missing aunt’s identity and apply for a senior citizens’ internship program! It’s ironic that Mi-jin — or rather, IM SOON (Lee Jung-eun) — is the youngest applicant as a senior citizen when her younger self used to be the oldest at job interviews (and thus passed over in favor of younger applicants).

While age is on her side now, I liked the fact that it’s the various skills Mi-jin acquired in her eight years of job prep that really gives her an edge over the other applicants. She lands the internship and she’s so psyched to finally get a job after all these years — even if, as she soberly realizes, she got employed as Soon not as Mi-jin. I’m so happy for her, I could cry. By the way, where is this internship? Why of course, it’s at the Seohan District Prosecutors’ office! Mwahahah. So what if Soon’s internship ends up being a cleaning position? She falls into Ji-woong’s arms — again — on their first day on the job, and that’s all that matters. Heh.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/miss-night-and-day-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

**jtbcdrama IG posted “Malatanghulu” challenge  :dorashakes:

Maratanghulu combines 2 words; Maratang and Tanghulu(names of Chinese food)

The word Maratanghulu is believed to have been coined around 2022-2023 when Maratang and Tanghulu began to become popular in earnest.

A new word that combines two words, Malatang and Tanghulu, which have been popular in Korea mainly among elementary, middle, and high school students since around 2022-3. This word became popular because many elementary school students ate Tanghulu dessert right after eating Malatang.

As the name suggests, Malatang is very very spicy, while Tanghulu is sweet and sour because it contains fruit. If you look at it up to this point, it is a typical salty and sweet pattern, but the point is that both are Chinese food.

More stimulating than Malatang
Sweeter than Tanghulu
Day Night Girls' Maratanghulu Challenge Appears

[MV] 서이브 (SEO EVE) - 마라탕후루 (Malatanghulu)

[Behind the scenes] Eunji Jeong’s efforts to make the ‘Maratanghulu Challenge’ a success

To succeed in the Marathanhulu Challenge
Daily teacher Jeong Eun-ji’s efforts (b˙◁˙ )b

But students have difficulty as their bodies don't do what they want🥵😩

Knowing Bro(EP438)

(eng sub)

[Knowing Bros] 'Miss Night and Day' Jung EunJi & Choi JinHyuk & Lee Jungeun's Romantic Chemistry

(Jungeun dance clip 8:04)

cr to uploader

(Jungeun dance clip) :getmygrooveon:

Spoiler

[Knowing Bros] Why Did Heechul Close His Mouth?

Spoiler

cr to uploader

[Knowing Bros] Why Did 'My Little Old Boy' Choi Jinhyuk's Mother Feel Sad?

(Choi Jinhyuk singing/Kang San-eh, '...Ra-Gu-Yo'/ 5:43)

cr to Uploader

[Knowing Bros] What Food Do you Never Want to Eat on a Date? Guess the Answer of the Partner

(Eunji singing /Trip to Myself/ 9:03)

cr to loader

I liked the first two episodes, humor and some mystery.  I especially like Lee Jung Eun; man, she has me cracking up.  I had to rewatch the episodes; for some reason I missed big chunks of it.

• Like 1

Aren’t you a YouTube star?… Kim A-young and Nerdult Jeon Sang-hyeop appeared in ‘Miss Night and Day’

V5DkD2A.jpg

https://v.daum.net/v/20240621102101767

**3 YouTube stars:
(1)Kim Ah Young (actress and comedian) runs a personal YouTube channel called "Ayoung World."  In the drama she plays as Do Ga-young, an old friend of Lee Mi-jin  and also as Ga-young, a beauty YouTuber.

(2)YouTuber Jeon Sang-hyeop of Nerdult Channel makes a special appearance as a con artist in the job fraud.

(3)YouTube creator Jjangjae from UDT is about to appear in this week's broadcast.

engsub FMV  jimin&jiwoong

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (June 22, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

DaebakGrits

Miss Night and Day: I knew I was going to love this drama as soon as the opening credits rolled and saw all the Sailor Moon references. Sailor Moon was my first anime and a major stepping stone in my path to discovering K-dramas, so seeing the two smooshed together made me happy. And, even better, the first two episodes of Miss Night and Day didn’t disappoint! It ticks off a lot of my guilty pleasures: quirky leading lady, stoic but kind hearted male lead, hidden identities, swoony damsel-in-distress moments, and a hint of suspense (a la serial killer). I can’t wait for our leading lady to start falling for our leading man while living out her best ajumma life. Let the hijinks begin!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-june-22-2024/

OST part 2

Sarah Kang - My Little Dream (낮과 밤이 다른 그녀 OST) [Music Video]

EP4 pre-release

Singles Magazine 

'Another beautiful eyes smile from my fav person's'

Spoiler

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

20240623014230_Connection-Miss-Night-and

"Connection" And "Miss Night And Day" Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Miss Night and Day” also climbed to its highest ratings yet for its third episode, which scored a nationwide average of 4.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669757wpp/connection-and-miss-night-and-day-soar-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

‘Miss Night and Day' sets its highest viewership ratings of 4.5% for EP3

Lee Jeong-eun, Choi Jin-hyuk, and Jeong Eun-ji have a relationship that goes beyond public and private affairs...

7P9LM4l.png

https://v.daum.net/v/20240623091557680

Lim Soon and Lee Mi-jin join forces with Prosecutor Gye Ji-woong! Watch the show to see the fantastic(?) chemistry that you cannot miss. JTBC's Sa-S drama <Miss Night and Day> airs EP4 at 10:30 tonight!

Jeong Eun Ji, Choi Jin Hyuk, And Lee Jung Eun Team Up To Investigate A Club In "Miss Night And Day"

Jun 23, 2024
by S Nam

JTBC’s “Miss Night and Day” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Miss Night and Day” is a romantic comedy about young job seeker Lee Mi Jin (Apink’s Jeong Eun Ji), who suddenly finds herself trapped in the body of a 50-year-old woman (Lee Jung Eun), and skilled prosecutor Gye Ji Woong (Choi Jin Hyuk) who becomes entangled with her. The drama is helmed by director Lee Hyeong Min of the hit series “I’m Sorry, I Love You” and “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.”

Spoilers

Previously, Lee Mi Jin became entangled with Gye Ji Woong in various ways. In particular, Gye Ji Woong expressed concern after Lee Mi Jin became the only witness to a cruel murder incident. Not to mention, Lee Mi Jin also became close to Gye Ji Woong as her older self Im Soon (Lee Jung Eun).

The newly released stills capture Im Soon entering the club in style with sunglasses and a trench coat that exudes mysterious vibes. Lee Mi Jin is also depicted at the club exuding confidence while wearing the same attire. Furthermore, Gye Ji Woong is conveying instructions from his car, previewing the importance of their mission.

lee-jung-eun.jpg

jeong-eun-ji.jpg

choi-jin-hyuk-1-.jpg

After being assigned as an office assistant to prosecutor Gye Ji Woong, Im Soon and Gye Ji Woong will work together to investigate and capture criminals linked to a drug case.

The next episode of “Miss Night and Day” airs on June 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669799wpp/jeong-eun-ji-choi-jin-hyuk-and-lee-jung-eun-team-up-to-investigate-a-club-in-miss-night-and-day

• Like 2

Just started ep 3 when a thought occurred to me.  Mi jin was standing in the middle of the road (true, there's virtually no traffic) reading the contents of Ji Woong's envelope.  Why couldn't she read it at home?  Then it seemed like an eternity that she stood staring at the car racing toward her.  I know, settle down, Carolyn, it's a kdrama! :joy:

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

20240624023407_Sunday-ratings.jpg?s=900x

"The Midnight Romance In Hagwon" And "Miss Night And Day" Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

Both “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon” and “Miss Night and Day” have achieved their highest viewership ratings!

JTBC’s “Miss Day and Night” also soared to its highest viewership rating of 6.0 percent, enjoying a 1.5 percent jump from its previous episode’s rating of 4.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669909wpp/the-midnight-romance-in-hagwon-and-miss-night-and-day-ratings-hit-new-all-time-highs

"She lacks stamina and can't communicate, she can try, but she'll last a month at best. No, if you put you mind to it and pressure her she won't last a week.'' :evilelmo:  :sweat::sweat_smile:

Spoiler

' "Part time experience as paid chatter can type 1000 WPM on average" There 1st plan flops'

' Their 2nd plan also failed and I love the way she flips the hair in the end '

'Their 3rd plan, here we go'

'And she completed her last task of the day without any delay'