[Drama 2024] Doctor Slump, 닥터슬럼프

larus

Ten Asia

'Doctor Slump' Yoon Park, "Bin Dae-young's character? Plastic surgeon and single dad raising middle school daughter alone."

Article entered 2024.01.15. 9:38 AM Original text of article
[Ten Asia = Reporter Ha-neul Lee]0000644994_001_20240115093801344.jpg?type=w540
Photo = Still cut from JTBC's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump',

'Doctor Slump' actor Yoon Park appears as Bin Dae-young, a pretentious man you can't hate.

JTBC's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump' is a romantic comedy depicting the cardiopulmonary resuscitation of Yeo Yeong-woo (Park Hyeong-sik) and Nam Ha-neul (Park Shin-hye), who hit a brake after only going on an upward curve in life.

Actor Yoon Park played the role of Bin Dae-young, a plastic surgeon full of bravado and pride. A person who has a sense of rivalry with his popular college classmate Yeo Jeong-woo, but understands him better than anyone else. He early married a woman he fell in love with while attending medical school and had a child, but is now divorced and lives as a single dad raising a middle school daughter.

Regarding the reason for participating in the work, Yoon Park said, "One of the many ways to first encounter a work is through the script, and I liked that moment of meeting. These days, I am attracted to scripts that are easy and light to read rather than scripts that are difficult to read. 'Doctor Slump' is well known. “As I read it, the relationships between the characters were interesting. It was also quite nice to be able to work with actor Park Hyeong-sik for the first time in over 10 years,” he said.

Regarding the character Bin Dae-young, "He is a plastic surgeon who wants to be recognized by others in all aspects, and a single dad who raises his daughter in middle school alone. He knows the futility and lack that comes from the gap between his goals and reality, and although he is clumsy, he tries to make up for it. “I focused on expressing that kind of Bin Daeyoung,” he explained.

JTBC's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump' will premiere at 10:30 pm on the 27th.

Ten Asia  naver.me/GwIy5prY

by Lily Alice, January 15, 2024
1 0

On January 15, the production team of the upcoming JTBC weekend drama Doctor Slump released still cuts of Yoon Park, who plays Dr. Bin Dae Young. 

Bin Dae Young is a plastic surgeon full of bravado and pride. He harbors a rivalry with Yeo Jeong Woo (Park Hyung Sik), his college mate, but understands him better than anyone else. He married a woman he fell in love with while attending medical school and had a child, but now he is divorced and lives as a single dad raising a middle school daughter.

The first still portrays Bin Dae Young attending a university alumni event. His expression, hands clasped and silently observing, draws attention, especially since it is the same event where Yeo Jeong Woo received an award. 

2w3yJw_2f.png

Bin Dae Young's gaze — whether it hides envy, jealousy, or rivalry — further intrigues viewers about his relationship with Yeo Jeong Woo.

The kind of gaze with which Bin Dae Young looks at his adolescent daughter tells that he is anxious for some reason.

XdKPNZ_2f.png

Yoon Bak expressed his enthusiasm, stating, "Doctor Slump was easy to read, and the relationship dynamics between the characters were interesting."

He also said, "It was quite nice to work with actor Park Hyung Sik for the first time in 10 years."

Describing his character, Bin Dae Young, Yoon Park said, "He is a plastic surgeon who wants to be recognized by others in all aspects, and a single dad raising a daughter [studying] in middle school, alone." 

The actor said that his character feels empty on the inside and inefficient, feelings that stem from being unable to differentiate between aspirations and reality. He acknowledges his clumsiness but strives to fill that gap. "I focused on portraying Bin Dae Young, who embodies such sentiments."

Doctor Slump will premiere on January 27. The K-drama will be available to stream on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/yoon-park-is-a-single-dad-striving-to-excel-in-all-aspects-of-life-in-doctor-slump

• Like 1

Sangjun Kang appears on JTBC's 'Doctor Slump'... Working with Park Shin-hye and Park Hyung-sik

Reporter Kim Na-yeonEntered 2024. 1. 9. 11:30

Provided by Cree Company

Provided by Cree Company

Actor Kang Sang-jun appears in JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump'.

Cree Company announced on the 9th, “Actor Kang Sang-jun will appear in JTBC’s new Saturday-Sunday drama ‘Doctor Slump.’”

The drama 'Doctor Slump' (directed by Oh Hyeon-jong, written by Baek Seon-woo, produced by SLL and Hijieum Studio) depicts the cardiopulmonary resuscitation of Yeo Yeong-woo (played by Park Hyeong-sik) and Nam Ha-neul (played by Park Shin-hye), who hit a brake after only running on an upward curve in life and their 'ruined lives'. A romantic comedy drama.

Kang Sang-jun plays the role of Son Chan-young, one of the three friends who have been friends with Yeo Yeong-woo since they were high school students. Son Chan-young is a character who hangs out with Yeo Jeong-woo even after becoming an adult and has closely watched the series of events he goes through. He is an obnoxious but attractive character who cannot be hated.

Last year, Kang Sang-jun portrayed the male protagonist in tvN's 'Opening 2023 - One Reason We Can't Meet' in detail with weighty acting. This year, following tvN's 'Marry My Husband', SBS's 'Chaebol

Meanwhile, JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump' starring Kang Sang-jun is scheduled to air from the 27th as a sequel to the currently airing drama 'Welcome to Samdali'.

Copyright© Sports Kyunghyang.

DaumSports Donga

Park Hyung-sik ♥ Park Shin-hye, we are enemies after meeting each other for 14 years, but we love each other (Doctor Slump)

Hong Se-young, Donga.com reporterEntered 2024. 1. 12. 10:32
View summar
[Dong-A.com]

20240112103219237nnzl.jpg

A pleasant and exciting romantic comedy (abbreviated as romantic comedy) begins.

On the 12th, the production team of JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump' (directed by Oh Hyun-jong, written by Baek Sun-woo) released a highlight video that foretells the turning point of Yeo Yeong-woo (played by Park Hyeong-sik) and Nam Ha-neul (played by Park Shin-hye).

'Doctor Slump' is a romantic comedy depicting the cardiopulmonary resuscitation of Yeo Yeong-woo and Nam Ha-neul who hit the brakes after only running on an upward curve in life. The process of two 'disliked' rivals who reunite in a dark time of life and become each other's light is planned to provide laughter, excitement, empathy, and comfort.

The highlight released on this day begins with the sparkling first meeting between Yeo Yeong-woo and Nam Ha-neul, who went beyond the entire school and took first place in the country with a perfect score on the mock exam. The solemn gaze and narration of the two people, “There are no two suns under the sky, and there are no two firsts in the whole school,” announces the ‘prologue of war.’ And 14 years later, Yeo Yeong-woo and Nam Ha-neul face the worst moment of their lives.

20240112103220706gcdp.jpg

First, the brilliant spotlight on star plastic surgeon Yeo Yeong-woo completely loses its shine due to a mysterious medical accident. Standing in court instead of the operating room, Yeo Yeong-woo complains of injustice, but his fate, ultimately reduced to a 'rooftop bachelor' in 'Young & Rich' with a mountain of debt, adds to the sadness. Next, Nam Ha-neul, an anesthesiologist at a university hospital, suggests that his body and mind were worn out to the point where he thought, 'I would rather die.' Being the ‘national senior citizen’ is nothing but a brilliant glory of the past, but falling into depression and burnout, he leaves the hospital where he was working and faces his present shabby self as a ‘neighborhood unemployed’.

Just then, Yeo Yeong-woo and Nam Ha-neul have a surprising reunion. Itinerary: Uga Nam Haneul appears on the rooftop of the house where she lives with her family. The two people, who became neighbors and neighborhood friends, clink their glasses and laugh, hug each other and cry, and an unexpected camaraderie blossoms. Above all, another emotion begins to bloom in their hearts as they share words of trust, “It will be okay, it’s not your fault,” and empathetic consolation, “You fell like this anyway, so don’t cheer up and just stay down.”

Spoiler

20240112103222566xddv.jpg

Yeo Yeong-woo struggles alone without being able to say anything in response to Nam Ha-neul's blind date notice, and asks, "Why are you always so sweet?" A subtle change is captured in Nam Ha-neul, who returns to the question, "Do you care about me?" and receives a rejection that is not a rejection, "Actually, I don't have any special feelings for you," and then buries his face in the bed. In particular, the sight of the two people suffering from 'infidelity denial' (the act of denying oneself that one is attracted to them) due to the growing distance and growing feelings, saying 'I shouldn't be like this', gives a pleasant excitement.

‘Doctor Slump’ will premiere at 10:30 pm on the 27th.

Copyright© Sports Donga. 

잘나가는 정우의 나 홀로 라이벌 빈대영,
대학시절부터 함께한 하늘의 절친 이홍란!

어쩌다 마주친 싱글대디, 싱글맘의 만남
볼수록 위로가 되는 두 사람 사이..?

JTBC 새 토일드라마 <닥터슬럼프>
1월 27일 [토] 밤 10시 30분 첫 방송!

Bin Dae-young, the solo rival of popular Jung-woo,
Lee Hong-ran, Sky’s best friend since college!

The meeting of a single dad and a single mom by chance
The more I look at them, the more I feel comforted between them..?

JTBC’s new Saturday-Sunday drama <Doctor Slump>
First broadcast on January 27th [Sat] at 10:30 PM!

GD76pQga8AAfxoB?format=jpg&name=largeGD8JVc8a0AAd5NC?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/p/C15vc5XPwbj/

주의    <닥터슬럼프> 시청 전, 심장 마사지 필수!
훅 들어온 설렘에 올라가는 로맨스 심박수

JTBC 새 토일드라마 <닥터슬럼프>

Caution   Before watching <Dr. Slump>, heart massage is required!
The heart rate of romance rises due to the sudden excitement

From jtbcdrama IG. https://instagram.com/p/C2Jnul4uuLG/

GD8Z-ZfaIAAlIAU?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

DaumIn the news

Park Shin-hye's friend Gong Seong-ha, a single mother raising her 6-year-old son alone (Doctor Slump)

Kim Myung-miEntered 2024. 1. 16. 08:45

SLL·Hijieum Studio

SLL·Hijieum Studio

[News Reporter Kim Myeong-mi]

A still cut of Gong Seong-ha has been released.

JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump' (directed by Oh Hyun-jong, written by Baek Seon-woo, produced by SLL and Hijieum Studio), which will be aired for the first time on January 27th, released a still cut of Gong Seong-ha, who will meet viewers as the cool and hot charm 'Lee Hong-ran' on the 16th. revealed.

'Doctor Slump' is a romantic comedy depicting the cardiopulmonary resuscitation of Yeo Jeong-woo (played by Park Hyeong-sik) and Nam Ha-neul (played by Park Shin-hye), whose lives were only on the upward curve but then hit the brakes. The process of two 'disliked' rivals who reunite in a dark time of life and become each other's light provides laughter, excitement, empathy, and comfort.

Following Park Hyeong-sik, Park Shin-hye, and Yoon Park, Gong Seong-ha, who completed the 'healing combination', joined Nam Ha-neul's best friend and anesthesiologist 'Lee Hong-ran'. She is Nam Ha-neul's classmate from her college days to her residency days, and she currently works in the obstetrics and gynecology department and is raising her 6-year-old son alone. He 'somehow' becomes involved with single dad Bin Dae-young (played by Yoon Park), who has many similarities despite being different, and adds another layer of fun to the play.

Meanwhile, Lee Hong-ran's daily life as a working mother and single mother was captured. First, he is wearing a doctor's gown and talking to someone. None other than Nam Ha-neul came to the hospital. Lee Hong-ran is a grateful person who became the first and only friend of Nam Ha-neul, who only knew about study and work and had no one to open up to. The ‘strong chemistry’ between the two will be portrayed as sometimes pleasant and sometimes heartwarming. In another photo, Lee Hong-ran is spending a holiday with his son. Curiosity is also focused on the story of Lee Hong-ran, a 'super mom' who wants to do everything so that her six-year-old son 'Jinwoo' does not feel the absence of his father.

Seongha Gong said, “I gained a lot of strength from my first meeting with the director. “I enjoyed watching the director’s previous works, and I was hopeful that if we worked together, we would be able to rely on each other and communicate while producing good work,” he said, explaining why he decided to appear in the project. Regarding his thoughts on reading the script, he said, “I read the script on the plane and it was a good read. The characters' feelings and many of the things that happened in their relationships did not feel like someone else's story. My heart was touched as I read the scenes where the family cheered together and the scenes where mother and daughter talked openly. “It was comforting and gave me strength,” he said. “Especially because he and Dae-yeong were depicted as having a cute and fun relationship, and I thought, ‘What would it be like if I played Hong-ran? 'How can I express it in a different way?' “I was imagining things like this,” he said.

He also revealed his special affection for the character ‘Lee Hong-ran’, which he played. “The more I see Hongran, the more lovely she becomes,” he said. “Some days, he becomes Haneul’s drinking buddy, and other days, he makes a mistake and becomes the start of a problem. “He is a character who tries to live happily through such twists and turns,” he explained. Lastly, Gong Seong-ha raised expectations by saying, “I wanted to portray Hongran, who is also a working mother and a single mother, as a person who enjoys and perseveres through life rather than having a hard time.”

Copyright© Newsen. 

by lo_ve, January 16, 2024

Rookie actor Yoon Sang Hyeon has picked his next K-drama after Under the Queen's Umbrella

On January 16, it was officially confirmed that actor Yoon Sang Hyeon will be part of the cast of the upcoming JTBC K-drama Doctor Slump.

Doctor Slump will be led by Park Shin Hye, Park Hyung Sik, Yoon Park, Kong Seong Ha, Jang Hye Jin, and Hyun Bong Sik

The upcoming romantic comedy K-drama will tell the story of two people who were competitive while growing up and became successful doctors. While the two are experiencing the worst moments of their lives, they are reunited. 

In the series, Yoon Sang Hyeon will portray the role of Nam Bada. He is the younger brother of Park Shin Hye's character Nam Ha Neul. The actor will showcase a cheerful charming character that no one can hate. He will reveal his sibling chemistry with Park Shin Hye's character who always fights but cannot be separated.

The K-drama will be helmed by director Oh Hyun Jong (Find Me in Your Memory and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo) and writer Baek Sun Woo (My Roommate Is a Gumiho and What's Wrong with Secretary Kim). It will be produced by SLL and HighZium Studio. 

Doctor Slump will air its first episode on January 27 at 10:30 PM KST. Aside from JTBC, the K-drama will also air on the global OTT platform Netflix.

wJKZxg_2f.jpg

This will be the second K-drama project of Yoon Sang Hyeon since its debut. 

In 2022, Yoon Sang Hyeon made his acting debut through the hit tvN K-drama Under the Queen's Umbrella. He worked alongside Kim Hye Soo, Kim Hae Sook, Choi Won Young, Kim Eui Sung, Moon Sang Min, Ok Ja Yeon, and more. 

Despite him being a rookie, he already stole the hearts of viewers for his portrayal of the character Prince Mu Ahn. He played the role of the third son of Kim Hye Soo in the K-drama. 

Yoon Sang Hyeon has shown his stable acting skills despite his rookie status and many are already anticipating his future projects.

https://mydramalist.com/article/under-the-queen-s-umbrella-yoon-sang-hyeon-becomes-park-shin-hye-s-younger-brother-in-a-new-series

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, January 16, 2024

Kong Seong Ha radiates her strong presence in Doctor Slump.

The production team of the upcoming K-drama unveiled stills of Kong Seong Ha, who plays the role of the cool and charismatic Lee Hong Ran.

Lee Hong Ran is Nam Ha Neul's (Park Shin Hye) close friend and anesthesiologist. She was Nam Ha Neul's classmate from her college days to her time as a resident and currently works in the obstetrics and gynecology department. She is raising her six-year-old son alone. 

x4QDjr_2f.png

Her situation is quite similar to Bin Dae Young (Yoon Park), a single dad raising his middle school daughter. 

In the stills, Lee Hong Ran's life as a single working mom is captured. In one scene, wearing a doctor's gown, she is engaged in conversation with someone. It turns out that Nam Ha Neul came to the hospital.

Lee Hong Ran is a grateful person. She became the first and only friend of Nam Ha Neul, who had no one to confide in while being engrossed in studies and work.

In another still, Lee Hong Ran is seen spending her free time with her six-year-old son, Jin Woo. The story of this supermom, who wants to do everything to make sure her six-year-old son doesn't feel the absence of his dad, raises curiosity.

Regarding her impressions after reading the script, Kong Seong Ha commented, "I read the script on the plane, and it was a good read. The characters' emotions and the many events happening in their relationships didn't feel like someone else's story. Scenes where family members cheer together and moments where a mother and daughter speak candidly made me feel emotional. It was comforting and empowering."

"The more I see Hong Ran, the more lovely she seems," she said. "In ups and downs [of life], she tries to live happily." "I wanted to depict Hong Ran as someone who, being a working mom and a single mom, doesn't focus on hardships but rather navigates through life with joy and resilience."

Doctor Slump will premiere on January 27. The K-drama will be available to stream on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kong-seong-ha-is-a-single-mom-who-tries-to-live-happily-in-doctor-slump

D-11

찐 가족 케미로 무장! 남하늘 패밀리 등장

친구이자 자매 같은 엄마 공월선
아빠같이 든든한 외삼촌 공태선
미워할 수 없는 남동생 남바다

JTBC 새 토일드라마 <닥터슬럼프>

Armed with strong family chemistry! Namhaneul family appears

Gong Wol-seon, a mother who is like a friend and sister.
Gong Tae-seon, a dependable maternal uncle like a father.
Nambada, the younger brother you can't hate

cr: instagram.com/p/C2Lthv4OObn

GEAaaZIbMAEs33V?format=jpg&name=medium

GEAZCXRbgAAmkZx?format=jpg&name=medium

20240117094709426fawu.jpg

OSEN

Park Shin-hye family appears “Jang Hye-jin, Hyun Bong-sik, and Yoon Sang-hyun will provide healing” ('Dr. Slump')

Article entered 2024.01.17. 11:28 AM Original text of article
0005000221_001_20240117112805118.jpg?type=w540

[OSEN=Reporter Kang Seo-jeong]

Park Shin-hye's family from 'Doctor Slump' appears.

JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Doctor Slump' (directed by Oh Hyun-jong, written by Baek Seon-woo), which will be aired for the first time on the 27th, will feature Jang Hye-jin, Hyun Bong-sik and Yoon Sang-hyun, who will show off their 'fun cheat keys' with a 'strong' family chemistry that could not be more realistic in the drama on the 17th. Still cuts were released.

'Doctor Slump' is a romantic comedy depicting the cardiopulmonary resuscitation of Yeo Jeong-woo (played by Park Hyeong-sik) and Nam Ha-neul (played by Park Shin-hye), whose lives were only on the upward curve but then hit the brakes. The process of two 'disliked' rivals who reunite in a dark time of life and become each other's light provides laughter, excitement, empathy, and comfort. Director Oh Hyeon-jong, who showed sensuous and detailed directing through 'The Man in Memory' and 'Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo', and writer Baek Seon-woo, who was well-received for his witty writing skills in 'Cohabitation of a Loser' and 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim', teamed up.

The photo released on this day shows the anesthesiologist and Nam Ha-neul's family suffering from burnout syndrome. First, the smile of Jang Hye-jin, who plays Nam Ha-neul's mother, Gong Wol-seon, attracts attention. For her, her daughter Nam Ha-neul is her only pride, treasure, and pride. Even after she lost her husband at an early age, was hit by her sisters-in-law's backlash, and even though she was angry about her son, who was preparing for a job until he was almost 30, Nam Ha-neul, her 'well-raised daughter', was a great comfort to Gong Wol-seon's life. . When her daughter leaves the hospital and quits her job as a doctor, she is the mother who offers poor comfort even though she is upset inside. Jang Hye-jin portrays vivid characters with her delicious dialect, and she and Park Shin-hye work together as mother and daughter who are sometimes friends and sometimes sisters.

Hyun Bong-sik played the role of Nam Ha-neul's maternal uncle, 'Gong Tae-seon'. Despite his unique personality and strong force, he is the chef and owner of Milmyeon Restaurant, which is famous for its delicious food. When her older sister, Gong Wol-seon (played by Jang Hye-jin), moved from Busan to Seoul with her two siblings, her nephews followed along so that they would not feel the absence of their father. He is like a father who communicates well with Nam Ha-neul. Hyun Bong-sik, who has radiated a strong presence in each work, is raising expectations for his delightful transformation.

The last member of the ‘Nam Haneul Family’ is the newcomer Yoon Sang-hyun. He plays Nam Ha-neul's younger brother, 'Nam Bada'. During his school days, he was naturally compared to his older sister, who was first in school, and after graduation, he was an 'unemployed young man' who was scolded and criticized for being a bright long-term job seeker without any solutions. However, he has a positive mentality that does not give in to any situation. Attention is also focused on the addition of Yoon Sang-hyun, who will meet viewers with a charm that is hateful but cannot be hated.

The ‘Doctor Slump’ production team said, “The ‘Nam Ha-neul Family’ with Jang Hye-jin, Hyun Bong-sik, Yoon Sang-hyun, and Park Shin-hye adds another layer of fun and emotion. “In particular, their realistic family chemistry will provide healing in itself.” /kangsj@osen.co.kr

[Photo] Provided by SLL·Hijieum Studio

Daumsports korea

[Suhan Focus] … What drama should I watch in January?

Reporter Jo Eun-aeEntered 2024. 1. 14. 07:00

As the new year approaches, each domestic broadcasting company is busy preparing new dramas. With new works armed with diverse subjects calling out to viewers in January, the competition for viewership ratings is expected to become even more heated.

20240114070021108fusn.jpg

Park Shin-hye and Park Hyeong-sik met at a dark time in their lives in JTBC's 'Dr. Slump'

JTBC is releasing two new works. First, 'Doctor Slump', which is scheduled to air for the first time at 10:30 pm on the 27th, is a romantic comedy depicting the cardiopulmonary resuscitation of Nam Ha-neul (Park Shin-hye) and Yeo Jeong-woo (Park Hyeong-sik), who hit the brakes on their upward curve in life. Director Oh Hyun-jong, who showed sensuous and detailed directing through 'The Man in Memory' and 'Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo', and writer Baek Seon-woo, who received favorable reviews for 'Cohabitation of a Loser' and 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim', have come together. Park Shin-hye takes on the role of Nam Ha-neul, an anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome, and Park Hyung-sik takes on a new transformation as Yeo Yeong-woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into the worst slump of his life. The journey of two people understanding and comforting each other and overcoming their own slumps is expected to provide warm healing.

cr. https://v.daum.net/v/20240114070013501