[drama 2007] Legend / Great King And Four Gods 태왕사신기

Guest liezle

Guest liezle

again many many thanks to bb and a sweet sister for always giving us wonderful translation.

[Trans] TWSSG costumes personalized!

original in japanese: brokore 2007/06 p.61

translated into english: a sweet sister / bb's blog

TWSSG - Spotlight on Individual Characteristics

Rather Than Historical Research

costumekn2.jpg

The SBS Art Technology Department is an art production company which was responsible for the costumes in the dramas, Seo dong Yo, Goong, Yeon Gae So Mun and Thousand Year Love. The SBS Art Technology Department is located in Ilsan City.

The room belonging to the TWSSG costume team was stacked with mountains of items and sketches. This same costume staff originated in June of 2005 and comprises a costume designer and on site staff of nine employees.

Manager Lee He Ryeon of the SBS Art Technology Department said, “For the 24 episode drama, 15 billion won was invested. This amount would normally be the budget for a 50-episode drama or three times the cost of a film,” he explained.

The head costume designer, Lee Seung Fun said, “We wanted to depart from the usual historical costumes and create unique designs. We created designs that would make the characters conspicuous and clothing styles that would fit one’s body and silhouette. This goes against existing traditional costumes which tend to have baggy design lines. This is because this is not just a drama, but to allow for the possibility that the characters will be developed into video game characters,” he said.

The photos which we saw, as a condition that they would not be photographed, included those costume concepts we previously reported on and supported the staff member’s explanation. More than 100 photos of the cast members, BYJ, Moon Sori, Yoon Tae Young, who plays BYJ’s rival, and Lee Da Hee, the female warrior, packed several photo albums.

BYJ’s costumes use blue as the base color, are dignified while being masculine, and also incorporate a mythical image. Moon Sori’s costumes are built around a purple base to give a sense of mystery and attraction. As BYJ’s rival, Yoon Tae Young, who will appear as a Goguryeo warrior, his costumes are based on black to give the air of a charismatic warrior. Lee Da Hee’s form fitting costumes remind one of a character in a video game; with her white skin, the sharp sword she holds in her hand gives the perfect contrast.

Among the numerous costumes, Choi Min Soo’s costumes catch your attention. In the drama, he plays a big time merchant and the chief of a secret organization that faces off against BYJ, but his costumes are created in lighter colors than the other characters, and he carries flashy accessories. According to the explanation given by the SBS Art Technology Department, they made the villain role highly visible by exaggerating the costume designs.

As far as we could see in other photos at other sites and in the character drawings, there are a great number of costumes in TWSSG and it is becoming a project focused on so much detail. In particular, the battle scene which was filmed in the desert of Kyrgyzstan is said to be of a type and grand scale of which has been unseen on television up to now. This battle scene, as part of Goguryeo’s territory expansion, involves BYJ leading a massive number of warriors, all of whom are in top physical condition and are flailing large axes, wearing costumes whose concepts were patterned after video game characters.

The Secret of TWSSG That is Still Unrevealed

There have been about 2,000 costumes created for TWSSG up to now. Besides the costume designs, SBS Art Technology also designed the fabric patterns used in the costumes. It took several months just to come up with the concept for the costumes.

According to Lee Seung Fun, all the designs emphasize splendor and the character’s individuality. Historical dramas, up to now, have mainly emphasized splendor using earth tone colors, and the visual aspect has been overlooked in order to stay true to the historical aspect.

In TWSSG, the complete opposite approach was taken. Each costume for each character was made so that it could be differentiated according to that character’s image and design features. There was criticism “that it was irresponsible for the characters to look like video game characters when it was a historical drama,” and the company’s position was, “because we decided, from the beginning, not to place total emphasis on the historical aspects of the drama, the reactions received fall within the scope of our assumptions.”

On the production side, TWSS brags about its storyline, filming, art effects and such being different than any current historical drama. What type of drama is in store for us?

Production Manager, Jong Jae Wook said, “I can’t discuss the details of the production itself but I think that several weeks before the broadcast date, a production press conference will be held in Jeju or at the outdoor film site.

Just as there are many viewer expectations of TWSSG, there are just as many secrets that will be revealed but until then, the only thing we can do is just wait.

For those who can’t wait, you can visit the official MBC fan site here to get the latest news but the amount of news available is not much compared to other sites. Only a few issues are resolved so it’s best not to expect much from this site. Instead, it may be best to look forward to the airing of TWSSG and its secrets which may be the biggest thrill of all.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest liezle

[Trans] TWSSG making... out in july!

original in japanese: Chosun Online 2007/06/29

translated into english: a sweet sister / bb's blog

TWSSG Making Of Book

on Sale in Japan in July

bookuu9.jpg

Despite the fact that the broadcast date has been delayed a number of times, interest remains high in Japan, for the drama, TWSSG starring BYJ.

The broadcast date for TWSSG is still indefinite in both Korea and Japan. But interest in the drama is still high so that a major Japanese publisher, Kodansha, will sell the Making of TWSSG Book Vol. 1 in mid-July.

A TWSSG spokesperson explained on the morning of June 27, “NHK which acquired the broadcasting rights for Japan still does not know when TWSSG will air but was strongly requested by Kodansha to be allowed to go ahead with their publishing of the making of book as planned.

It seems difficult to put out a making of book before a broadcast date is known, but Kodansha is indicating that their enthusiasm toward this project is proof of the high interest in TWSSG.”

BYJ, who became the top hallyu star in Japan, and the interest in TWSSG is seen in the making of DVD TWSSG Preview DVD Gold & Silver which went on sale this March 6 and had sales of about 30 billion won (about 39 billion yen).

This making of book will be published in the “mook” format and besides content that is included in the DVD, there will be drama content and unreleased photos also included. Expectations by Japanese fans for TWSSG are expected to swell.

Note: “mook” is a Japanese-coined publishing industry term referring to magazine and book. It is a publication that is published serially like a magazine, may have few pages, and usually has a theme.

(omit rest)

Guest liezle

according to bb's blog, BYJ went out to shoot yesterday, from 8:50am and went back to hanhwa at around 6pm despite the rain in jeju. bb also wrote that shooting took place indoors [inside the palace]. i wish that despite of the rain, the shooting of the drama will continue and won't encounter major problems anymore.

[trans] BYJ Mgr’s Blog #9 Shooting Restarts

source: BYJ Mobile Official Site

http://mybyj-pr.jp/

BYJ Manager’s Blog

Japanese to English translation by tomato99

Posted in the Freeboard Section of BYJ's Quilt and KOB

Shooting Restarts for Drama”TWSSG”

7 July 2007

by: Manager Yang Geun Hwan

Greetings to family,

The sultry weather continues, I hope everyone is doing well.

Shooting for Drama”TWSSG” has restarted from this week,

location site is full of energy with the feeling of restart.

We are doing our best to provide a wonderful drama to all waiting family.

We ask you for your continuing support to all the actors and shooting staff

so that they could do their best in this very humid, unpleasant weather.

Guest liezle

shooting is in progress. it was say it was an all night shooting last sunday which ended at 5pm the following day. there's another update today but it's still in hangul yet :)

A Scene from TWSSG

from DVD Navigate CG* part

GIF created by vento

posted in http://cafe.daum.net/byjgallery

59311403gn2.gif

*computer graphics

WoW! These kinds of varying wardrobes will cost them a bomb….and I think filming period dramas need extra-touch and detailing for dress-makers to sew historical-costumes. Not an easy task - to even sort out who gets to wear this and that itself will complicate the designers.

Btw, how much was the initial reported budget for the production of TWSSG? I think with the delay, they could have busted the budget.

Thanks Liezle for the computer-graphic gif….I am really fascinated by this production.

Guest liezle

Btw, how much was the initial reported budget for the production of TWSSG? I think with the delay, they could have busted the budget.

hello Fel! it was reported before that approximate budget for production of TWSSG is $25.7b won [uS$26m] and a $13.0b won [uS$13m] for the construction of the site. but according to mr. fumi the budget for this drama is much larger than the reported figures by the media. :blink:

hello Fel! it was reported before that approximate budget for production of TWSSG is $25.7b won [uS$26m] and a $13.0b won [uS$13m] for the construction of the site. but according to mr. fumi the budget for this drama is much larger than the reported figures by the media. :blink:

Hello Liezle…….just read in BYJ’s thread that you are somewhere in Korea or are you already back in your own country? :rolleyes:

OMG! It’s truly one of the most expensive dramas ever produced in Korea, am I right? I bet it has surpassed the budget allocated for this production – as in most cases, the media normally won’t get to reveal the real-figure! Hope everything else will go smoothly to avoid any further delay on the schedule broadcasting. I think I can safely say that this drama has already secured international buyers otherwise they will make losses if domestically-released. ;)

Guest liezle

Hello Liezle…….just read in BYJ’s thread that you are somewhere in Korea or are you already back in your own country? :rolleyes:

OMG! It’s truly one of the most expensive dramas ever produced in Korea, am I right? I bet it has surpassed the budget allocated for this production – as in most cases, the media normally won’t get to reveal the real-figure! Hope everything else will go smoothly to avoid any further delay on the schedule broadcasting. I think I can safely say that this drama has already secured international buyers otherwise they will make losses if domestically-released. ;)

Sighs…how I wish I’m Seoul again or Jeju now. I’m in my country Fel :) Hee, sorry about the confusion. :)

If I’m not mistaken, TWSSG is the most expensive drama to be produced in Korea. Like everyone else, I hope that there will be no further delays, because delays will surely add up to the cost.

Again, according to earlier reports, TWSSG will be broadcasted in over 90 countries worldwide [i'm not sure who the source of this but i think they're not from the team. probably some numbers that reporters just picked up]. But in an interview with Managing Director Park Changsik, who is a board director for production at the Kim Jonghak Production and Chung Jaewook PD at the TSG Company with the 'Newsmaker' in May, they said that currently, there is no other country other than Japan that they’ve made contract with. And that discussion with Sony Pictures and Buena Vista is underway. Likewise, contract will be made with 10 Chinese speaking countries such as Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and more. [which I believe is already in progress]

Btw, the figures I quoted earlier was the figures quoted in the early days of production. In the last article that I read, it was said that the estimated investment is 50 billion won.

Another sighs...TWSSG's team is so secretive since the start of it's production. Anyway, I'm taking only my answers from the articles that i've read. I hope that I've answered your queries quite well. :)

I've a strong confidence in the team of PD Kim. I know that as of ths writing people of TWSSG are working hard to do their best. :)

Guest liezle

News on YJ's shooting in Jeju-July 10

Miemi posted this on the Freeboard of Daum.net's byjgalleryCafe

Korean to English translation by Joanne

Posted in BYS's Quilt

The source is a writing by a manager of www.icktour.com

Dear everyone, did you eat?

At around 1200 last night, (BYJ) returned wearing a cap and sunglasses.

They say that after he saw a paper written "Aren't you hungry?", he gave sign "it's empty" while rubbing his stomach.

Even though it is raining again in Jeju today, he went to the main set for shooting from 10 AM.

Because it rained heavily yesterday, they shot in the Second set.

Depending on (weather) condition of rain, they will decide on night shooting for today.

Guest liezle

not really sure how accurate this news it but if it's true it will surely look interesting. anyway, i hope that the rain will not give more problems to TWSSG.

hmm, i say i'm 50-50 buying this news :) like what happiebb always write in her blog TWSSG will be aired when it's finally aired ;)

thank mariko for posting this in byj thread :)

Haiyan posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home

Korean to English translation by Joanne posted in BYJ's Quilt

'Final decision' on (broadcasting) schedule of 'TWSSG',

single-round contest with Song ilkook!

[sports Seoul]7/11/07 11:39

'Yon-sama' BYJ(35) will confront face to face Song Ilkook(36) of 'Lobbyist' and 'North Korean beauty' Cho Myeongae(24).

The broadcasting schedule of the MBC fusion history drama 'TWSSG' starring BYJ was finally decided.

It is scheduled to be on air around middle of coming September as Wednesday-Thursday drama, following the 'Time of Dog and Wolf', which will begin broadcasting from 18.

The dramas to compete at the similar period‘ are SBS 'Lobbyist' where Song Ilkook and Jang Jinyoung will act in harmony, and KBS 'Sayooksin-Six Subjects (faithful to king) to Death' , where a North Korean dancer Cho Myeongae will appear.

Accordingly, Wednesday-Thursday dramas in coming Fall are expected to make hot match as blockbusters 3 ground wave broadcasting stations have prepared putting up their self-esteem will contront (each other) all at once.

The 'TWSSG' went through labor pain as its broadcasing schedule was put off no less than four times all the while. While panic-stricken rumors such as story of discord inside production crew, story of BYJ's leaving the filming site, etc. are circulating, Kim Jonghak PD, who is in charge of direction, asked press conference himself and officially apologized for delay in its production in the last month. Since then, they resumed production as child actor for BYJ (character) shot childhood time, and as BYJ joined sets in Jeju Island, they plan to accelerate further in production speed.

However, it is not certain if they could finish producing planned 24 episodes broadcasting volume before its airing as they originally planned. Because there left only two month for time to shoot in the future. However, MBC feels relieved of anxiety from the point that scheduling for other dramas also regained stabilization as the broadcasting schedule of the 'TWSSG' became finalized. In particular, it attracts big interest if MBC dramas, which continue to have poor performance lately, could recover old glory through Hallyu star BYJ.

Reported by Kim Dohoon dica@

Copyright © Sports Seoul

Guest liezle

:D :D see just like what i posted earlier, TWSSG will only be aired when it's finally aired ;)

i really don't know where reporters get their news. anyway, just to let you guys know, in BYJ's camp, we only believe reports when BOF [bYJ's management company releases notice] or news about this drama come from PD Kim, MBC or any high ranking officials of the drama.

Chomin posted this on the Freeboard of Daum.net's byjintorontoCafe.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

Posted in the News Section of BYJ's Quilt

MBC, "We have not finalized scheduling of the 'TWSSG' in September"

[My Daily]7/11/07

Regarding some reports that 24-episodes fantasy history drama 'TWSSG'(script by Song Jina, Directed by Kim Jonghak-Yoon Sangho) was definitely scheduled as Wednesday-Thursday Drama following the 'Time of Dog and Wolf' in the middle of coming September, MBC told that they have not decided on the schedule yet.

Cho Joonghyeon, Director at the MBC Drama Department, told on 11 that "The scheduling for the 'TWSSG' has not finally decided yet," and "At present, the filming has progressed at about 85% and we will decide on the final scheduling after taking consideration of the production situation from now."

Although the 'TWSSG', depicting a biography of the Great King Kwang-gae-to of Kogooryeo, gathered big interests due to investing 40 billion won sized production cost in addition to star level cast including BYJ, Moon Sori, Choi Minsoo, Yoon Taeyoung, etc., it is going through labor pain including postponing broadcasting schedule several times, etc.

TSG Production, the production company (of the drama),said that this drama, having stopped filming in past early May due to problem of working on script correction, resumed its filming from the end of June.

On the other hand, Kim Jonghak PD, its director, told on a press conference in early June that he will crank up production of the 'TWSSG' by early September.

Reported by Jang Seoyoon,ciel@mydaily.co.kr

Copyright © My Daily

Sighs…how I wish I’m Seoul again or Jeju now. I’m in my country Fel :) Hee, sorry about the confusion. :)

If I’m not mistaken, TWSSG is the most expensive drama to be produced in Korea. Like everyone else, I hope that there will be no further delays, because delays will surely add up to the cost.

Again, according to earlier reports, TWSSG will be broadcasted in over 90 countries worldwide [i'm not sure who the source of this but i think they're not from the team. probably some numbers that reporters just picked up]. But in an interview with Managing Director Park Changsik, who is a board director for production at the Kim Jonghak Production and Chung Jaewook PD at the TSG Company with the 'Newsmaker' in May, they said that currently, there is no other country other than Japan that they’ve made contract with. And that discussion with Sony Pictures and Buena Vista is underway. Likewise, contract will be made with 10 Chinese speaking countries such as Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and more. [which I believe is already in progress]

Btw, the figures I quoted earlier was the figures quoted in the early days of production. In the last article that I read, it was said that the estimated investment is 50 billion won.

Another sighs...TWSSG's team is so secretive since the start of it's production. Anyway, I'm taking only my answers from the articles that i've read. I hope that I've answered your queries quite well. :)

I've a strong confidence in the team of PD Kim. I know that as of ths writing people of TWSSG are working hard to do their best. :)

Thanks Liezle for updating me on the production news of TWSSG and appreciate Marikoo for all the current updates too. I think I must have "eavesdropped" and got confused with your schedule. Like you, I think all of us would love to visit Korea. In fact, I like the kind of relax lifestyle in Jeju Island (after all the island is a haven for honeymooners), a far cry from the mainland where people seem to be in a rush. Wah….so it’s rainy season in Korea and has been disrupting the filming schedule. Guess you can’t avoid nature…. :rolleyes:

Oh really, there are plans to broadcast to so many countries (I think Japan could be the only country that has officially sealed the deal) but honestly, I think by the time they get the copyrights sold to other countries (if it is still pending), China-released version will be available in our shores very soon ….I can bet on that! :wacko:

I can understand the frustration of the postponement of the airing date of this drama. I guess it isn’t easy to name a date when there are many unknown factors contributing to the delay. Just hoping there’ll be lesser hiccups to combat….fighting TWSSG! :D

Guest liezle

Fel, from the update in other bae-sites, i read that the weather was kinda good yesterday and that shooting is in progress. i really do hope that the weather will cooperate so as not to put the drama in much delays.

GIF by makicchi

posted by rosiebaba in www.joonsfamily.com

0000012M.gif

Guest liezle

Update in Jeju Filming

posted by mariko in BYJ thread

This is the full report of anchan from LCK web site.

Latest news was at 11:47 today.

Hello, i'm in Jeju.

The rain, which started falling last night, continues.

The seasonal rain front is coming up from the south,

expecting 60 mm of rain.

It looks like there is no worry about the typhoon.

And, it's going to be cloudy from the 14th, rain in some areas,

and cloudy on the 15th.

Today, the temperature will rise to about 28℃, and it'll be a hot day.

The shooting is planned for this afternoon.

11:47 The strong wind and rain are damaging Hanhwa Resort.

Guest Marikoo

Update in Jeju Filming

posted by mariko in BYJ thread

This is the full report of anchan from LCK web site.

Thanks for reposting the filming update here sis liezle.

I almost forgot abt the existence of this thread.

I hope to contribute here more in the future.

Hi Fel! So nice of you to give me credit here.

Like you said, let's hope for the best because YJ invested a lot of time and energy..and money for this drama.

We've been waiting for the airing for such a long time now.

But I have high hopes that the production ppl would give us an exceptional work to be proud of.

Guest Marikoo

Let me share these pics here also. Flor has posted these new pics of the KING in KOB. The original source is baidu.com.

a847e331327493af5edf0e1a.jpg

c17d652947e147f999250a1a.jpg

e85197956f580a4cd1135ee1.jpg

39980e3d23b4fee93d6d97e9.jpg

Guest Marikoo

More photos from the TWSSG Official Making Book. Copied the pics from bb's blog.

original source : http://cafe.daum.net/byjfan ~ kaorin

gk%20making%2024.jpg

gk%20making%2023.jpg

gk%20making%2022.jpg

gk%20making%2021.jpg

gk%20making%2020.jpg

gk%20making%2019.jpg

Hi jooluv! Welcome to TWSSG thread!

YJ in white hair is not the KING and LDH is not the sujini's role.According to some source, the two are playing two roles each.

Anyway, no one knows exactly the storyline yet. The producer is very secretive about the info of this drama.

Let's wait until it is aired.

Guest liezle

thanks to mariko for posting this in byj thread :)

Another batch of photos posted by flor in BYJ's Quilt and originally posted by kaorin in baidu.com

Below is the cover bearing the title "TWSSG Official Making Book".

042.jpg

04-5.jpg

04-25a-1.jpg

04-12.jpg

Archived