[drama 2007] Legend / Great King And Four Gods 태왕사신기

Guest liezle

Guest bwitched

i dunno what the chart is about..but yeah, Liezle is the return and the thread is back in full operation.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest liezle

Miracle posted this on the Freeboard of Daum.net's byjintorontoCafe.

Korean to English translation by Joanne posted in BYJ's Quilt

BYJ, lightly unveiling of 'TWSSG' Mobile photo and VOD service

[EPG]5/31/07 19:12

eg28044_0.jpg

The drama 'TWSSG', which has been hidden behind veil, will lightly unveil its appearance on May 31 by mobile photo and VOD services as provided by Nemodyme9Jin Sanghoon CEO).

The Nemodyme made contract with SSD, Inc, which is in charge of investment, distribution, and marketing of the 'TWSSG', last March on supply with mobile contents and made public photos related to the drama.

Worthy of blockbuster drama with 42 billion won investment, they will provide contents including several thousands location photos, making video, and high resolution image photos, which are differentiated from pre-existing dramas.

Mr. Jin Sanghoon, CEO, said, "This will become good news for many people who are expecting the drama because with this service, they can see photos and videos of 'TWSSG', which have not made public previously in mobile content form ahead of time prior to the airing of the drama. They will be able to see all about 'TWSSG' which TV cannot show all."

The 'TWSSG' is a fantasy history drama depicting love and biography of The Great King Kwang-gae-to and is 24-episodes blockbuster drama with 2 years of production time and invested with the highest production expenses in history of domestic dramas.

It became topic of talks from the making process due to super-luxurious casting of Hallyu star BYJ, new actress Lee Jia, film actress Moon Sori, Oh Kwangrok, Choi Minsoo, Park Sangwon, and Yoon Taeyoung, etc., production by Kim Jonghak PD and writer Song Jina of the 'Sandglass', and the fact that staff, who participated in the production of the film 'Lord of Rings' ,are in charge of VFX (Visual Effect).

The drama will have degree of completeness by 1005 production before airing and plans to be aired first time on June 25 on MBC and also will be aired on NHK in Japan in the same month.

Connection route is [505 NATE] for SKT users. KTF plans to provide service later on.

Photo/offered by Nemodyme

Reported by Park Sunyeon,sunyeon@epg.co.kr

Copyright ⓔEPG(www.epg.co.kr)

Guest bwitched

thanks Liezle for all the photos and Infos. Hurm; I just hope they can release a photo of the heroin in set. A real photo where I can see her whole face. Hehe

Guest liezle

hi bwitched! i'm hoping as well. there are actually very little info about this drama and even promotional photos are very scarce.

btw, there were news that came out today that it seems like TWSSG will be delayed again. thee are actually 2 dates that came out one is june 4 and the other one is september. we are all waiting for a confirmation on this i'm crossing my fingers that it won't be september. that's already too long. :(

Guest liezle

actually there is no confirmation yet. it seems like all news are speculations. we still have to hear from the production team as well as PD Kim any news regarding the delay.

Moris posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home

korean to english translation by joanne

posted in the news section of BYJ's Quilt

Yoon Eunhye, out as a pinch hitter for BYJ!

[sports Seoul]6/5/07 18:58

As broadcasting schedule of the drama 'TWSSG' starring BYJ is postponed due to delay in its production, 'Coffee Prince Store #1' was put in as a pinch hitter.

Originally, the 'Coffee Prince Store #1' was scheduled to be aired in the end of July, following weekend drama 'Air City'. As the 'TWSSG' is undergoing difficulty in computer graphic works, the 'Coffee Prince Store #1' was suddenly changed from weekend drama to Monday-Tuesday drama. They plan to replace the vacancy created by taking out 'Coffee Prince Store #1' with 'Two out in the bottom of 9th inning' where Soo Ae and Lee Jungjin will act together.

As the shooting for the 'Coffee Prince Store #1' already progressed since one month ago, it does not have much difficulty in making the airing schedule in time.

However, the 'TWSSG', having already put off its broadcasting schedule several times, is having difficult avoiding arrow of criticism. Original plan to air in early in this year has long become a bubble (went up in smoke), even the plan to air on June 25 also became a bubble (came to nothing).

During the stage of production, disputes did not stop including court battle as a contention was raised that it plagiarized a comic 'Nation of Wind'.

In and out of the MBC, worrying voices are getting high about coming and going scheduling of 'TWSSG' with much talk and trouble.

Reported by Kim Dohoon, dica@

Copyright © Sports Seoul

Guest liezle

sighs...

according to suehan, this news was posted yesterday (#38955 in KOB). And there are more news supporting the delay of broadcasting until September.

[trans] The broadcasting of TWSSG will be backed up again to the later years (?)

korean to english translation by suehan

posted in byj's quilt

Now, filmed up to 13th episode, the incompletion of computer graphic work is the reason for the delayed broadcasting.

The fantasy historical masterpiece drama, TWSSG (scenario by Song Ji Na, directed by Kim Jong Hak) was originally planned to be aired June 25th and the possibility of its delayed broadcasting until September is raised.

TWSSG was planned to complete the filming before the broadcasting and was considered to adventure to markets overseas through Hallyu dramas. It took more than two years for preparation and finally the dates of broadcasting had been announced the early part of this year. It was changed and finally had been agreed to start broadcasting this upcoming June 25th. But the situation is changing again.

An official from the side of Director Kim Jong Hak, who prepares the broadcasting of TWSSG, said that Now, the filming is done up to 13th episode, but like the computer graphic work and etc., which are the most crucial to the scenes, are still imperfect. And these are troublesome. The amounts of CG work are tremendous because it is a fantasy, mythical drama.

An official continued to say that It is not the stage to say something but we bear in mind that there is a possibility to be delayed and It is delayed due to the overall percentage of completion and there are no other problems. And he also said that the plan of simultaneous broadcasting in Korea and Japan might be delayed together. He said that it is not a big problem because it is an issue which was permitted before. He added that this week is the critical time. Director Kim Jong Hak went to MBC recently, explained the difficulties of filming and requested the delay of broadcasting.

On the other hand, an executive of MBC Drama Department said that we will try to end the delay for about one week and urge for quick broadcasting. and But, if it doesn¡t work, we are open to various possibilities. The atmosphere of the drama and programming departments do not eliminate the possibility of delay until September again and review the production of a replacement drama. New Good Housewife, which already is broadcasting roughly and quickly due to the delay of the TWSSG broadcasting, is extended to a 10-episode drama from an 8-episode drama. But to prepare for the broadcasting of TWSSG being pushed again, there is enough space to put in one more mini series.

Thus, the damages of tug of war between TWSSG and MBC for programming all go to the viewers. Because the interests are being lost due to the progress of TWSSG like the boy who cares for sheep, the replacement dramas are emerging and the possibilities of turning away from the viewers are raised. The progress of the mini series, which are usually prepared for 16 to 20 episodes, not 8 to 10 episodes, shows the problems already.

There is no guarantee for good viewer ratings even with a careful pre-production plan. The dramas produced roughly and quickly due to the delay of TWSSG might weaken the competition power of MBC drama more.

Inside of MBC, they are already reluctant to see the situations driven by the delays of the broadcasting for TWSSG. And even viewers are turning away from MBC Dramas. The atmosphere of Jumong carnival already disappeared.

Nocut News, Entertainment Broadcasting Team, Reporter Namgoong Sungwusocio94@cbs

Guest liezle

oh my ....this last article that Liezle posted sounded so devastating for the overall big picture....

I hope they can do their best to retain interest.....

hi ginnie nice to hear from you again. :)

well actually, i don't see that interest of viewers are losing. probably because anticipation for this drama is very high fans/viewers are getting really impatient. and like i said news about this drama are so scarce which makes fans and viewers alike hungry for something about this drama.

as for me, i would rather have them delay the drama with everything else done than show it with still many unresolved problems. since this is byj's comeback drama after 4 years, i would want this to be something that i can say really worth the wait.

p.s. i'm sure the productin team is doing their best for this drama.

hi ginnie nice to hear from you again. :)

well actually, i don't see that interest of viewers are losing. probably because anticipation for this drama is very high fans/viewers are getting really impatient. and like i said news about this drama are so scarce which makes fans and viewers alike hungry for something about this drama.

as for me, i would rather have them delay the drama with everything else done than show it with still many unresolved problems. since this is byj's comeback drama after 4 years, i would want this to be something that i can say really worth the wait.

Hi Hi Liezle,

I come into this thread and BYJ thread too..heheh..but only lurking..

Yong Joon has no new work for too long.......but I guess patience is a virtue I must learn..=)

I agree that it is more important to have a polished work rather than rush things for a mere date. But I think they should not have published dates if nothing is for certain. It gives too many false hope and you know...after one time too many, people ( I am not referring to fans..just some people who was interested for the drama) people will not fall for them anymore. I guess I worry more about having a lackluster "interim" 8-10 episodes before this drama. I think having Coffee Prince might be a good thing to boost some interest (YEH should have a bigger pull than the current Good Wife series occupying the Mon/Tues timeslot) and then have TWSSG premiere...I don't like them slipping in the 8-10 interim drama....hehe..sorry I am ranting the first time I am back in this thread...

Guest liezle

Hi Hi Liezle,

I come into this thread and BYJ thread too..heheh..but only lurking..

Yong Joon has no new work for too long.......but I guess patience is a virtue I must learn..=)

I agree that it is more important to have a polished work rather than rush things for a mere date. But I think they should not have published dates if nothing is for certain. It gives too many false hope and you know...after one time too many, people ( I am not referring to fans..just some people who was interested for the drama) people will not fall for them anymore. I guess I worry more about having a lackluster "interim" 8-10 episodes before this drama. I think having Coffee Prince might be a good thing to boost some interest (YEH should have a bigger pull than the current Good Wife series occupying the Mon/Tues timeslot) and then have TWSSG premiere...I don't like them slipping in the 8-10 interim drama....hehe..sorry I am ranting the first time I am back in this thread...

yeah i agree with you about the dates. i guess that is why this time the september is just a mere speculation and nothing really coming from the TWSSG team. there isn't even a media junket being announced yet. :)

hee, i see that you're looking forward to 'Coffee Prince' as well :)

hey no apologies needed ;)

yeah i agree with you about the dates. i guess that is why this time the september is just a mere speculation and nothing really coming from the TWSSG team. there isn't even a media junket being announce yet. :)

hee, i see that you're looking forward to 'Coffee Prince' as well :)

hey no apologies needed ;)

=) It just shows that many are expecting lots from this drama...the pressure must be on the director/producers now...

I remember watching The Lord of the Rings BTS and lots of their special effects BTS :sweatingbullets: , Peter Jackson was a very perfectionist director with many many ideas but those ideas may not be the most effectively communicated to the rest of the crew, so lots of work pilled up on their special effects team...I remember the team saying that the workload increases as they finish off each piece/screen work that has been edited for special effects. It was crazy! So since this team working behind Yoon Joon's drama is also from similar team, they should be very used to this crazy timelines having worked with Peter Jackson's LOTR series. ahhh....I digress....

About Coffee drama, yeah...I look forward to too many dramas but end up not finishing much...haha....

well...it is hard..will see...

Guest liezle

=) It just shows that many are expecting lots from this drama...the pressure must be on the director/producers now...

I remember watching The Lord of the Rings BTS and lots of their special effects BTS :sweatingbullets: , Peter Jackson was a very perfectionist director with many many ideas but those ideas may not be the most effectively communicated to the rest of the crew, so lots of work pilled up on their special effects team...I remember the team saying that the workload increases as they finish off each piece/screen work that has been edited for special effects. It was crazy! So since this team working behind Yoon Joon's drama is also from similar team, they should be very used to this crazy timelines having worked with Peter Jackson's LOTR series. ahhh....I digress....

About Coffee drama, yeah...I look forward to too many dramas but end up not finishing much...haha....

well...it is hard..will see...

ginnie, delinnia a baesister shared something in KOB [korean official board] about CG effects and it's very interesting. this somehow gave me a picture as to how tedious CG is. here is what she wrote ~

"To render one frame of digital effects, it takes about 1-2 hours; There are 30 frames in a second. So it will take a long time to render the effects.That's just the rendering. But before you render you also need to model it. That may take weeks or months to model the objects, the background,the people, the creatures.If there are digital people in the scene, you need to model them. There's probably a lot of other work that goes on behind the scenes.Sound effects and editing is also difficult to syncronize with CG, also to get real sounds you need to actually find the materials and bash them together such as a battle scene, if it's swords involved, you need to act it out to capture the sounds. It all depends on how many scenes you are making CG for the whole drama and how much 3 D is in it. You have to be careful not to make any mistake while making the modelling as well as rendering. Once you make a slightest mistake, then you have to redo it again and it is a never ending job."

del thanks for sharing this. i was actually trying to leave a comment to your post but i was having a hard time logging in at KOB yesterday and today. if you happen to drop by here, i hope you don't mind me sharing this as this will somehow makes fans/viewers understand CG.

Guest Pach

Hi Liezle and Ginnie,

Lovely to read you posted about TWSSG..and YJ..

For me I was getting a bit tried for the delay but my hope to see YJ is much more than anything.

Lots of YJ Fans right here in Thailand are feeling so exciting I believe they are patient just like every fans in the world!!!

Cheers,

Pat

Guest puppyiz

....news about this drama are so scarce which makes fans and viewers alike hungry for something about this drama.

Hi liezle & everyone.

liezle I so agree with you on the 'hungry' part :P (quotes hi-lited in blue).

We are glad you are here to enlighten us.

Guest liezle

i guess most of you have read or heard by now about the delay of TWSSG. in the many news portals today, PD Kim will have a press conference at 2pm [korean time] to clear issues surrounding the filming of this drama

i guess this is a good move by PD Kim to settle speculations from the public. i'll be posting translations once we have them available.

:)

Guest liezle

Finally, an announcement from BOF, BYJ’s management company that would clear some issues concerning the production of TWSSG.

Sorry guys, still no translation coming from the presscon of PD Kim.

Boom posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

Posted at the Freeboard section of BYJ's Quilt

[bOF Notice] Regarding 'TWSSG'

How are you, dear families.

Recently, against our intention, we gave our dear families much trouble with drama 'TWSSG'.

First, we give our hearts of both apology and appreciation to our dear families, who have been agonizing and worried along with us in entire process until now.

The filming of the drama 'TWSSG' plans to resume in the middle of this month using a script that is touched up. Also, we make clear it again that 'rumor about discord between production company and actor', which has been reported by some media, is groundless. All the while, actors including BYJ, has been progressing post-production works, such as post-production recording for the parts that have been filmed already and shooting for posters, etc.

We are aware very well of expectation and support our dear families have been sending to us for a long time. Although Mr. BYJ and his management company have done all their bests, we feel nothing but sorry because we ended up giving you much worries after all. As much as you are giving us much expectation, we will put all our bests in order to reward you with drama with much more degree of completion.

We would like to ask you unchanging support and encouragement for the 'TWSSG' so that Mr. BYJ can meet dear families again in a better appearance.

Thank you.

Archived