Blonde Asians?

Guest YunHo

Guest vulgar812

What some of us are trying to point out is that hair color, for many, many people, is just a hair color--it has nothing to do with ethnicity or ancestors or anything like that.  If you just saw an Asian chick walking down the street with blonde hair, a person shouldn't assume they're "trying to be white" any more than you should assume a regular white person walking down the street with dyed black hair is "trying to be asian." 

(I want to make it clear that I'm not a white supremacist or anything)

The thing is, black hair isn't exclusive to the Asian race. Many people from different ethnic backgrounds are born with black hair - it's the most common [natural] hair,  color.  However, blonde + red hair is predominant to people of European ancestry. Caucasians are born with a greater variety of hair colors: ranging from black, to brown, to red, to blonde. Asians naturally have black/dark brown hair (except for those very rare cases of genetic mutations or something :mellow: )

That's why when a white girl dyes her hair black and wear brown lenses; she's not accused of "trying to be Asian," because those aren't exclusively "Asian" traits. When an Asian girl bleaches her hair blonde and wears blue circle lenses, eyebrows are raised.

---

As for me, I don't really care what people do with their hair. Do I think they're "trying to be white?" - not necessarily.

Anyway, blonde hair usually doesn't look good on Asians imo -- it clashes with the skin tone, and I've seen way too many people with bad dye jobs that end up looking like fried, yellow hair :wacko:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to REALLYYY dislike blonde hair on asians~

but after GD got it i started to LOVEEE it!!!

now im super obsessed with blonde hair on asians~

not when its done crappily, but when its done properly~

haha

CL looks really good with her blonde hair right now

and HyunA looks amazing with blonde hair too

if ANYONE with dark hair wants to go blonde, they shouldnt do it themselves~

alot of the ppl who dye it themselves mess it up and end up with a Mandarin Head~ :(

if u get it done with the help of a hairstylist they should be able to chose a shade that will compliment ur skin tone as well as dye ur hair in a way that wont DESTROYY it~ they can also tell u how to keep it from turning dull and brassy or green~ LoL

i want to dye my hair blonde~ but im half asian... so i think it should look okay

but my friends said it would look bad :(

I'm surprised so many people don't like the blonde look, I really like it :) CL, JiKwon, and a few uljjangs have tried it too. in japan there are some girls with really pretty platinum blond hair.

I think its all about skintone. people with darker or that wierd semi dark yellow tint look silly, but If your very pale or have a pink/reder skin color than it looks better. My dad was part scandinavian and he had bleach blond hair naturally; his skin had a pinker undertone and looked good. When I was little my hair was blond and I looked fine, I'm even more asian than my dad.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I disagree that it depends on skintone to make blonde hair work, I think you can still be tan and look good with blond hair, you just have to know what shade will work for your skin. However, I do believe facial structure and how your face overall looks will determine if you can rock blonde hair or not.

(credit goes to the vietnamese net idol thread)

aphy.jpg

I think he looks pretty good as a blonde though he's extremely tanned. :U

Here's me as a blonde. I honestly don't think I look too bad, but black hair suits me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.

soompi1-1-1.jpg

I disagree that it depends on skintone to make blonde hair work, I think you can still be tan and look good with blond hair, you just have to know what shade will work for your skin. However, I do believe facial structure and how your face overall looks will determine if you can rock blonde hair or not.

I agree, it doesn't only depend on skintone. It's also your face structure and also opinion.

Everyone has different opinions, so obviously some people are going to think some blonde asians are ugly, while others may think they look nice.

Hyori is tan and she was a beautiful blonde.

Skintone isn't everything, it isn't just based on that whether or not blonde will look good. For sure, face structure and just the rest of how your face looks really plays an important role on whether you're just killing the blonde or not. And there are different shades of blonde too. O: But yeah, not everyone is gonna love blonde on an asian. CL for sure rocks the blondee and same for HyunA and Lee HongKi.. ;3

vv I bleached the front part of my hair blonde for a while. It started looking likee, pee-ish after two months or so but in general I think it looked fine. ;P

ir6vib.jpg

Guest mintie89

It depends...

Some people look really trashy with blonde hair... or rather, YELLOW hair.

On the other hand, if it's too platinum of a shade, the skin colour washes out.

It just depends on the shade of blonde. Some people pull it off really well.

Guest eats.colour

I'd say it's half and half. I know a bunch of people that have blonde hair and look terrible, but some Korean idols/celebs can really pull it off.

What really gets to me is when the black roots start to show up...

Guest abigail-le

as long as they choose the right shade and remember to dye their eyebrow, i think they can look okay with blonde

i remember seeing a girl with beautifully ashy blonde but black eyebrows.lol

I agree, it doesn't only depend on skintone. It's also your face structure and also opinion.

Everyone has different opinions, so obviously some people are going to think some blonde asians are ugly, while others may think they look nice.

Hyori is tan and she was a beautiful blonde.

I know, I don't get this whole "You have to be pale to be blonde" idea. Clearly, there are plenty of white people with tans who look good blonde. I refuse to believe that NO Soompier who has made the "blonde = pale" comments have thought that celebrities ranging from Kate Bosworth, Britney Spears (back in her prime), Kate Husdson, Charlize Theron, and Cameron Diaz look terrible as blondes.

-ginger

People with olive skintones don't usually look too good as blondes-- their skin looks sallow/like they have jaundice. People with yellow undertones tend to look washed out. Everyone else is okay. I think I was okay as a blonde but I have pinkish undertoned skin.

:)

Guest shortcakiee

i've seen a lot of asians who can pull off the blonde hair, like they don't look bad in it and actually look good

BUT once they dye their hair back to black/brown they look 100x hotter!

I love to go blonde once but it's high-maintance. It took several times of dying and bleaching. And once you got the look, in 2 months or so, the roots grow out. You have to fix it or dye it black again.

Chill, it's al about fashion. I don't think many Asians actually wish to be Western. Never ever heard of Asian pride before ?

Archived