[Drama 2024] Goodbye Earth/The Fool of the End, 종말의 바보

larus

March 29 2024

Teaser poster & release date for Netflix drama “Goodbye Earth”

Goodbye_Earth-p1.jpg

Teaser poster and release date set for Netflix drama series “Goodbye Earth” starring Ahn Eun-Jin and Yoo Ah-In. Caption on the teaser poster states “We are waiting for the end. Disaster breaking news. A collision is expected around the Korean peninsula. There is no way to avoid it.” The drama series is based on 2006 novel “Shumatsu no Fool” by Kotaro Isaka and revolves around an asteroid that is set to crash into the world in 200 days.

“Goodbye Earth” will be available to stream April 26, 2024. The release date was delayed from sometime in 2023 due to lead actor Yoo Ah-In’s scandal involving drug use. His trial is currently ongoing.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: An asteroid is on course to crash into Earth in 200 days and destroy the planet. The world soon learns of the news and falls in to confusion.

Jin Se-Kyung (Ahn Eun-Jin) works as a middle-school teacher in Woongchun City. She learns about the impending end of the world. She decides to quit her job and do volunteer work at a child and youth division in city hall. She struggles to save children in danger. Her boyfriend of many years is Ha Yoon-Sang (Yoo Ah-In). He currently works as a researcher at a biotechnology research institute in the United States. After news of the end of the world is released, he flies back to South Korea to be with Jin Se-Kyung.

Woo Sung-Jae (Jeon Sung-Woo) is an assistant priest at a Catholic Church. The presiding priest at the church ran away after news broke out about the approaching asteroid. Woo Sung-Jae now takes care of the parishioners at the church.

Kang In-A (Kim Yoon-Hye) is a commander of a combat support battalion. She goes around Woongchun City, which has been ruined, to provide supplies transport and security.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-poster-release-date-for-netflix-drama-goodbye-earth

• Like 1

Yoo Ah In's last web series before drug case outbreak Goodbye Earth confirms April Premiere with official poster; Report

Yoo Ah In’s web series Goodbye Earth which was postponed indefinitely last year due to his drug case, has finally been confirmed to premiere this April. Know all the details here.

383330725_good-bye-earth_202403.jpg

Yoo Ah In is a promising South Korean actor who saw an unprecedented break in his career when he was charged with illegal drug use last year. The case badly affected the actor’s career leaving his projects postponed or taken away. On March 29, Netflix finally revealed the premiere date of the postponed web series along with an intriguing poster. 

Yoo Ah In shot Goodbye Earth before his drug case scandal where he was charged with illegal substance use. The series is a Netflix original. Although, after the drug allegations and subsequent case against the actor came to light, it was shelved at that time. 

On March 29, Netflix finally unveiled an intriguing and apocalyptic poster for Goodbye Earth. The poster depicts a countdown which can be presumed as the time left for humans to vacate their planet and find a new home. There are 200 days left till an asteroid hits Earth and destroys life as we know it. A billboard in the middle of the city announces the news, informing that there is no way to avoid the collision. The series is based on the novel Shumatsu no Furu by Kotaro Isaka. The series stars Yoo Ah In, Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Sung Woo, and Kim Yoon Hye.

Goodbye Earth is set to release on April 26 this year after being postponed for almost more than half a year. The Goodbye Earth poster further reveals an environment of utter chaos and panic where a frightened mob of people fills the area, pushing over barricades. The scene depicts the urgency and alarmed nature of people who want to be saved. The poster also has an unnerving line ‘We await the end to come.’

Netflix stated that given Yoo Ah In’s ongoing drug case, they have tried their best to edit the show but as Yoo Ah In is a major character, he will appear in most of the show. The team has tried to ensure a smooth flow of the storyline after due discussions among the director, production team, and scriptwriter. 

more

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/yoo-ah-ins-last-web-series-before-drug-case-outbreak-goodbye-earth-confirms-april-premiere-with-official-poster-report-1290597

• Like 1

News bites: March 30, 2024

by tccolb

article.jpg

Netflix has finally made headway on the dystopian sci-fi Goodbye Earth, announcing an April 26 release date on the novel adaptation’s first poster. Starring Ahn Eun-jin (My Dearest), Yoo Ah-in (Hellbound), Jeon Sung-woo (The First Responders 2), and Kim Yoon-hye (Shooting Stars), the 12-episode series has PD Kim Jin-min (My Name) at the helm with scripts by Jung Sung-joo (Heard it Through the Grapevine, Secret Love Affair). [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/news-bites-march-30-2024/

• Like 1

11 New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In April 2024

Apr 04, 2024
by D Kim

Spring is here with another batch of new K-dramas to tune into!

These are some new K-dramas premiering in April:

“Goodbye Earth”

goodbye-earth.jpeg

Korean Title: “종말의 바보”

Cast: Yoo Ah In, Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Seong Woo, Kim Yoon Hye

Premiere Date: April 26

Broadcast Details: all episodes released simultaneously at 4 p.m. KST on Netflix

“Goodbye Earth” is a pre-apocalyptic drama about four individuals living out the chaotic final 200 days before an asteroid is scheduled to collide with Earth, showing how the individual characters spend the last days on the planet based on their respective beliefs.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1652796wpp/11-new-k-dramas-to-add-to-your-watch-list-in-april-2024

• Like 1

News bites: April 10, 2024

by tccolb

202404091418779190_6614d433c6b35.jpeg

202404091418779190_6614d43417dfa.jpeg

202404091418779190_6614d4345faed.jpeg

Spoiler

202404091418779190_6614d434b02dc.jpeg

New stills have dropped for Netflix’s dystopian sci-fi Goodbye Earth, where chaos has overtaken a world that has 200 days left until its doom. Directed by PD Kim Jin-min (My Name) with writing by Jung Sung-joo (Heard it Through the Grapevine, Secret Love Affair), the apocalypse countdown begins on April 26, with Ahn Eun-jin (My Dearest), Yoo Ah-in (Hellbound), Jeon Sung-woo (The First Responders 2), and Kim Yoon-hye (Shooting Stars) headlining the novel adaptation. [Osen]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-10-2024/

20240412050217_goodbye-earth.jpg?s=900x6

Watch: Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Seong Woo, And More Strive To Save People In Pre-Apocalyptic City In "Goodbye Earth" Teaser

Apr 12, 2024
by S Kim

Netflix’s upcoming series “Goodbye Earth” has dropped a new trailer ahead of its release!

“Goodbye Earth” is a pre-apocalyptic drama about four individuals living out the chaotic final 200 days before an asteroid is scheduled to collide with Earth, showing how the individual characters spend the last days on the planet based on their respective beliefs. The drama stars Yoo Ah InAhn Eun JinJeon Seong Woo, and Kim Yoon Hye.

The newly released teaser begins with the citizens of Woongcheon City, who were living a peaceful daily life playing soccer, suddenly receiving a disaster warning. With news reports that an asteroid is heading toward Earth, the Korean Peninsula is classified as a danger zone, and the lives of citizens, who are unable to escape to other countries that are safe zones, change overnight.

With protesters and criminals pouring out into the streets every day as well as the emergence of an organization pretending to be soldiers, the state of Korean society turns into chaos, raising curiosity as to what will happen to the people in Woongcheon City.

While children are destined to face the apocalypse before they become adults, adults including Se Kyung (Ahn Eun Jin), a middle school teacher, priest Seong Jae (Jeon Seong Woo), and company commander In Ah (Kim Yoon Hye) try their best to keep citizens safe and orderly.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654534wpp/watch-ahn-eun-jin-jeon-seong-woo-and-more-strive-to-save-people-in-pre-apocalyptic-city-in-goodbye-earth-teaser

April 12 2024

Main trailer for Netflix drama “Goodbye Earth”

Goodbye_Earth-trailerSM1.jpg

Main trailer added for Netflix drama series “Goodbye Earth” starring Ahn Eun-Jin, Yoo Ah-In, Jeon Sung-Woo, & Kim Yoon-Hye. The drama series follows a group of people as they deal with the imminent end of the world. An asteroid is on course to crash into the Korean peninsula within 300 days.

“Goodbye Earth” will be available to stream April 26, 2024 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by Asianwiki: An asteroid is on course to crash into Earth in 200 days and destroy the planet. The world soon learns of the news and falls in to confusion.

Jin Se-Kyung (Ahn Eun-Jin) works as a middle-school teacher in Woongchun City. She learns about the impending end of the world. She decides to quit her job and do volunteer work at a child and youth division in city hall. She struggles to save children in danger. Her boyfriend of many years is Ha Yoon-Sang (Yoo Ah-In). He currently works as a researcher at a biotechnology research institute in the United States. After news of the end of the world is released, he flies back to South Korea to be with Jin Se-Kyung.

Woo Sung-Jae (Jeon Sung-Woo) is an assistant priest at a Catholic Church. The presiding priest at the church ran away after news broke out about the approaching asteroid. Woo Sung-Jae now takes care of the parishioners at the church.

Kang In-A (Kim Yoon-Hye) is a commander of a combat support battalion. She goes around Woongchun City, which has been ruined, to provide supplies transport and security.

by Lily Alice, April 12, 2024
3 1

Netflix has released a teaser for its upcoming thriller Goodbye Earth

Goodbye Earth tells the story of people living in a world that is headed towards destruction, with only 200 days left until the collision of Earth and an asteroid. Ahn Eun JinJeon Sung WooKim Yoon Hye, and Yoo Ah In among others, are cast in the series.

The teaser commences with a news report informing Korean citizens of asteroid Dina heading towards Earth in 300 days, and NASA has classified the Korean Peninsula as the impact location. 

Citizens who couldn't escape to safer countries find their lives turned upside down overnight. From protesting crowds flooding the streets to criminals escaping, and organizations posing as military and threatening citizens, the societal chaos grips the peninsula in darkness.

Meanwhile, children living the unfortunate reality of never having the chance to become grown-ups become targets of various crimes, while adults in Woongchun, including middle school teacher Jin Se Kyung (Ahn Eun Jin), strive to protect them until the end.

The title card that reads "Together Today, Tomorrow, Till The End" hints at the perseverance of the caring Jin Se Kyung (Ahn Eun Jin), Woo Sung Jae (Jeon Sung Woo), an assistant priest who takes care of the parishioners, and Kang In Ah (Kim Yoon Hye), the leader of the combat support battalion, in keeping people safe and sticking with their beloved ones until the end.  

Goodbye Earth will be released on Netflix on April 26. Watch the teaser here 

https://mydramalist.com/article/ahn-eun-jin-and-others-strive-to-protect-people-in-netflix-s-goodbye-earth

Ahn Eun-jin prepares for the final days in Goodbye Earth

by tccolb

The first teaser has been posted for Netflix’s dystopian sci-fi Goodbye Earth, where we follow our heroine Ahn Eun-jin (My Dearest) as humankind is served a notice of doom.

Opening the teaser on that fearful day, the population is alerted by the emergency alarm on their phones that an asteroid is on route to bring apocalypse and everyday life is thrown into shambles. As a now former middle school teacher, Jin Se-kyung (Ahn Eun-jin) joins the government initiative to look after the children and youth. But our heroine is at a loss for words when the young Kim Kang-hoon (Death’s Game) questions if her protective gestures are useful in these current circumstances.

But asteroid-aside, we learn from fellow student Kim Bo-min (The Silent Sea) and a steely-eyed Commander Kim Yoon-hye (Shooting Stars) that there dangerous characters roaming the streets who have been taking advantage of an upturned society. It’s enough to make Se-kyung grab a gun to protect herself, and we cut away before we can see the outcome.

Still, not everyone has gone the way of anarchy, and our heroine’s priority remains with her students in the final sequence. As the countdown speeds to zero, Se-kyung resolves to stay by her loved ones until the very end, and we close as the community makes the most of their tumultuous last days.

Also starring Jeon Sung-woo (The First Responders 2) and Yoo Ah-in (Hellbound) among others, production for Netflix’s Goodbye Earth has PD Kim Jin-min (My Name) at the helm with scripts penned by Jung Sung-joo (Heard It Through the Grapevine, Secret Love Affair). The novel adaptation will be dropping its 12 episodes on April 26.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/ahn-eun-jin-prepares-for-the-final-days-in-goodbye-earth/

20240419015147_Goodbye-Earth-1.jpg?s=900"Goodbye Earth" Unveils Main Poster Featuring Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Seong Woo, And Kim Yoon Hye

Apr 19, 2024
by E Cha

Netflix’s upcoming series “Goodbye Earth” has released its main poster!

“Goodbye Earth” is a “pre-apocalyptic” drama about four individuals living out the chaotic final 200 days before an asteroid is scheduled to collide with Earth. The drama will star Yoo Ah In, Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Seong Woo, and Kim Yoon Hye.

The new poster captures three of the drama’s main characters as they face an end that no one can avoid. Se Kyung (Ahn Eun Jin), a school teacher who wants to protect the students she held dear, has wounds on her face as her eyes well up with tears.

On the other hand, company commander In Ah (Kim Yoon Hye) remains stoic in the face of danger, displaying strength and courage befitting of a soldier. Finally, priest Seong Jae (Jeon Seong Woo)’s gaze shows his desperation to help others amidst the chaos and confusion.

The poster’s caption reads, “D-200 until the end. Today, and tomorrow, and until the end, we stay together.”

Goodbye-Earth-1.jpeg

While “Goodbye Earth” was initially scheduled to be released in 2023, its release date was postponed last year after Yoo Ah In tested positive for cocaine, ketamine, marijuana, and propofol during police investigations for the illegal use of propofol—which may explain his absence from the poster.

“Goodbye Earth” is set to premiere on April 26. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655893wpp/goodbye-earth-unveils-main-poster-featuring-ahn-eun-jin-jeong-seong-woo-and-kim-yoon-hye

by Lily Alice, April 19, 2024
4 9

Director Kim Jin Min elaborates on re-editing Yoo Ah In's parts in Goodbye Earth.

On April 19, a press conference for the Netflix original series Goodbye Earth was held in Itaewon, Seoul, which was attended by director Kim Jin Min and actors Ahn Eun JinJeon Sung Woo, and Kim Yoon Hye. 

Xdb4ww_2f.png

Originally scheduled to be released in 2023, Goodbye Earth was postponed due to actor Yoo Ah In's drug scandal. On March 29, along with unveiling the release date, a Netflix official issued a statement saying actor Yoo Ah In's parts in Goodbye Earth have been edited. However, he has not been entirely omitted from the K-drama, as his character plays a significant role in shaping the story. 

During the press conference, director Kim Jin Min stated, "I never, even for once, thought this drama would not be released. I saw no reason for it not to be."  

He added, "I think I've worked hard enough to make it, and I don't think it's a work that should be stoned. I think I can say that much. I made it without any embarrassment." 

RBJeAP_2f.png

Regarding the re-editing of actor Yoo Ah In's parts, he explained, "The issue [Yoo Ah In's scandal] arose when I edited about 3 episodes. At first, I thought it would pass because, as you all know, it was not a complicated situation. But things didn't go the way I wanted. Coincidentally, it was also the time when I was about to tell the Netflix producer that I was going to edit the entire story all over again, after understanding new, important parts in the later episodes. So I edited it as a whole." 

Director Kim Jin Min continued, "In a way, because of Yoo Ah In's issue, we got an excuse [to re-edit the story]. Besides, it is also our duty to cut down parts that might cause discomfort to viewers due to Yoo Ah In's issue."  

He added, "However, I ask for your understanding because we couldn't completely cut out this character because he is too significant to be omitted. I hope you will not be too uncomfortable while watching the drama, but I would like to say that I did my best to convince many of you enough to satisfy everyone. Some of Yoo Ah In's parts were edited [and others were not], and I ask for your understanding as we had no choice but to keep the necessary parts." 

Meanwhile, Netflix has unveiled Goodbye Earth's main poster. 

The main poster features Jin Se Kyung (Ahn Eun Jin), Woo Sung Jae (Jeon Sung Woo), and Kang In Ah (Kim Yoon Hye) with fear and desperation in their eyes.  

jQ4WX8_2f.png

Jin Se Kyung, wounded and shedding tears, piques curiosity about whether she, as a teacher, can protect the children she cherished, from the apocalypse.

Meanwhile, the earnest gaze of priest Woo Sung Jae, who attends to the parishioners, offers a glimpse of his compassionate side, prioritizing the comfort and care of people despite the chaos. 

Kang In Ah, responsible for transporting supplies and maintaining public order as the commander of a combat support battalion, raises expectations for her character as she tries to uphold her duty as a soldier until the end.  

Furthermore, the text reads, "200 Days Left, Together Today, Tomorrow, Till the End" conveys that even if the world ends tomorrow, life today will continue by doing what one has to do and being with loved ones. 

The poster raises expectations for the diverse stories of the residents of Woongchun City who believe in and support each other despite the approaching end.

Goodbye Earth will be released on Netflix on April 26.

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-don-t-think-it-s-a-work-that-should-be-stoned-goodbye-earth-director-on-re-editing-scenes

by Lily Alice, April 23, 2024

Netflix gives a glimpse of characters facing turmoil as they near the planet's destruction in Goodbye Earth.

Goodbye Earth tells the story of people living in a world headed towards destruction, with only 200 days left until the collision of Earth and an asteroid. Ahn Eun JinJeon Sung WooKim Yoon Hye, and Yoo Ah In among others, are cast in the series.

Jin Se Kyung (Ahn Eun Jin), a middle school teacher, vividly portrays the confusion and change people experience in the face of the approaching apocalypse.  The difference between her past and present selves is stark. From the happy moments when she taught and engaged with students at school to the sad times when the school shut down following the announcement of the asteroid collision, Jin Se Kyung's expression tells it all. 

Ahn Eun Jin, saying, "For Se Kyung, children are the reason behind everything she does," previews a strong and cordial character who prioritizes children's happiness over her own and strives to protect them until the end.  

Jeon Sung Woo transforms into Woo Sung Jae, an assistant priest who takes care of the parishioners at church. Talking about Jeon Sung Woo, director Kim Jin Min, said, "He is an actor with solid principles and can convey a lot through subtle  expressions."

Kim Yoon Hye comes as Kang In Ah, the commander of a combat support battalion responsible for transporting supplies and maintaining public order. Commenting about her character, the actress said, "I cut my hair short to express In Ah's commanding presence, and learned how to use guns and practiced repeatedly so that it would look natural [on screen]." 

WPBv6P_2f.png

The stills also give a glimpse of citizens living in Woongchun City.  

The trio So Min, Jin Seo, and Ha Yul, who are close to Se Kyung as her students, will be played by Kim Bo Min, Kim Kang Hoon, and Kim Do Hye, respectively. The youngsters face the harsh reality of being deprived of their chance to become adults and the chaos of disappearing children.  

Kim Yeo Jin plays Yeo Mi Ryeong, the owner of the only supermarket in Woongchun City, who, despite losing her son, continues to run her store.  

Kang Suk Woo plays the missing head priest, Baek Sin Bu; and Kim Young Ok comes as Kim Bo Ae, the oldest resident of Woongchun City.

60L8Vg_2f.png

https://mydramalist.com/article/goodbye-earth-features-a-star-studded-lineup-of-veterans-in-supporting-cast

Goodbye Earth: Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Seong Woo, and others struggle to keep humanity alive amid catastrophe; see PICS

Goodbye Earth, the upcoming post-apocalyptic series starring Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Seong Woo, Yoo Ah In and others have unveiled intriguing stills from the show. See the latest photos here.

Updated on Apr 23, 2024

699315357_good-bye-earth_202404.jpg

Goodbye Earth is a forthcoming apocalyptic series where humans will face an impending end of life and their home. The series was erstwhile slated before due to Yoo Ah In’s drug controversy. 

Goodbye Earth is now set to release this month and ahead of its release Netflix has unveiled some stills from the show. 

Goodbye Earth, the upcoming Netflix original series has unveiled new stills from the apocalyptic series inciting intrigue in fans. Goodbye Earth stars Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Seong Woo, Yoo Ah In, and Kim Yoon Hye in lead roles in this sci-fi dystopian series.

The show is set to premiere this week and some new stills are here lending a peak into the struggle of characters. In the latest stills first, we see Ahn Eun Jin as Jin Se Kyung, wearing her volunteer jacket while a serious and tense expression adds to the uneasy environment. 

Adding to the unsettling atmosphere comes Jeon Seong Woo as Woo Seong Jae. He is disheveled and staring into the black while holding a rosary. His red and teary eyes hint at the seriousness of the impending end. 

Both characters fill in roles where they are responsible for others as well, adding to their already high fear as they try to survive. Kim Yoon Hye as Kang In Ah wears her commander uniform with a stern impression.

We see three kids in an abandoned place trying to collect things to survive. Meanwhile, other characters also share a sense of survival and responsibility as they face the catastrophe together. 

In the times of apocalypse which approaches at a steady rate, everyone shares a singular feeling whether they will survive or die. Common folk gather around the military and politicians to ask for answers but the picture shows they get shouted at instead. 

We see three kids in an abandoned place trying to collect things to survive. Meanwhile, other characters also share a sense of survival and responsibility as they face the catastrophe together. 

In the times of apocalypse which approaches at a steady rate, everyone shares a singular feeling whether they will survive or die. Common folk gather around the military and politicians to ask for answers but the picture shows they get shouted at instead. 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/goodbye-earth-ahn-eun-jin-jeon-seong-woo-and-others-struggle-to-keep-humanity-alive-amid-catastrophe-see-pics-1298458

Premiere Watch: Goodbye Earth

by missvictrix

2D7Z27LCJ6_1.jpg

Time slot: Friday (single drop)
Broadcaster: Netflix
Genre: Sci-fi, action, drama
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: After being shelved for quite some time due to star Yoo Ah-in’s *erm* legal issues, Netflix has resurrected (read: re-edited) their dystopic sci-fi, pivoting the camera to focus more on the other characters played by: Ahn Eun-jin, Jeon Sung-woo, and Kim Yoon-hye. It can’t be easy to pump up excitement for a project that has seen so many woes, but they’re doing their best. The darkish tale that awaits tells the story of Earth when mankind is given 200 days before an asteroid hits and — boom — goodbye, Earth. It’s a premise that’s been run through a few times, but that doesn’t make it any less compelling.

TL;DR: If you’re a fan of dystopic sci-fi (like me), then Goodbye Earth is for you

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/premiere-watch-goodbye-earth/

Actress Baek Ji-won appears as Oh Gye-hyang in Netflix's 'Fool of the End'

news-p.v1.20240425.5a5d0a94a0c743bb9a140

It was announced on the 25th that actor Baek Ji-won will appear in the OTT Netflix series ‘The Fool of the End’.

The Netflix series 'The Fool of the End' is the story of the D-200, an asteroid collision with the Earth, a world in chaos due to the impending apocalypse, and people who live together today until the end despite this. Baek Ji-won plays the role of 'Oh Gye-hyang' in the drama. do.

In the play, which will be completed with Baek Ji-won's passionate performance, 'Oh Gye-hyang' is a North Korean defector, a player on the Ungcheon City women's soccer team, and lives with her siblings who were separated from her parents ahead of the end of the world. Attention is being paid to whether she, who lives her daily life as usual, will be able to serve as an icon of hope in the face of her approaching end.

Baek Ji-won, who appeared as a friend in the Netflix series ‘Dakgangjeong’ last month and signaled her full-fledged career with ‘The Fool of the End’, is raising expectations by predicting a hot year this year as well. The Netflix series ‘The Fool of the End’, in which Baek Ji-won is known to appear, is scheduled to be released on the 26th.

https://news.nate.com/view/20240425n43356?mid=n0100

Seo Ye-hwa appears in Netflix’s ‘Fool of the End’… Sending a warm message

news_1713832185_1353786_m_1.jpeg

Actress Seo Ye-hwa plays the role of a combat service support battalion cook foreman in ‘The Fool of the End’. On the 23rd, Namu Actors announced that Seo Ye-hwa will appear in the Netflix original series ‘The Fool of the End’.

‘The Fool of the End’ tells the story of people who live today together until the end in a world that has become chaos with 200 days left until an asteroid collides with the Earth. It is based on the novel ‘The Fool of the End’ by Japanese author Kotaro Isaka.

According to Namu Actors, Seo Ye-hwa played the role of So Joo-yeon, the head of the combat service support battalion kitchen, who leads subordinates responsibly. She is a person who does not lose hope even in difficult situations, takes care of those around her first, and quietly fulfills her role.

Seo Ye-hwa appeared in numerous stage plays and dramas such as ‘Thinking of the Moon When Flowers Bloom’, ‘Namnam’, and ‘Into Your Time’. In particular, she stimulated the emotions of those who played the role of Yoshino in the play ‘Sea Village Diary’, which ended last year.

https://dailian.co.kr/news/view/1353786

Actress Park Joo-hee transforms into a nun in the Netflix series ‘The Fool of the End’

447090_466821_3946.jpg

The Netflix original series 'The Fool of the Apocalypse', which will be released on the 26th, is a story of people who live today together until the end despite the world being thrown into chaos by the D-200 and the impending apocalypse, including the collision between the Earth and an asteroid. This is a work depicting .

In the play, Park Joo-hee plays the role of nun Lee Chae-hwan. Park Joo-hee, who has proven her stable acting skills in numerous movies and dramas such as 'WATCHER', 'Happyness', and 'The Spreaders', has made a mark as an actress by performing well in each of her works.

Park Joo-hee, who continues her steady work based on her colorful characters and stable acting, is raising expectations about how she will lead the drama in this Netflix series 'The Fool of the End'.

https://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=447090

Netflix's 'Fool of the Apocalypse'... "The predestined apocalypse, the appearance of humans"

BBSIMAGE_20240424072718_69cc026cec9aea3e

The Netflix series <Fool of the End>, which will be released on the 26th, has released character stills. <Fool of the Apocalypse> is a Netflix series that depicts the story of the D-200, a world thrown into chaos by the imminent apocalypse, and the people who live together today until the end, despite the asteroid colliding with the Earth.

The still of Se-kyung, a middle school teacher played by Eun-jin Ahn, symbolically shows the confusion and transformation that people experience in the face of the approaching apocalypse. Ahn Eun-jin is a past version of herself, happily interacting with her students and teaching at her school. When her school is closed after the asteroid incident, she volunteers at the city hall. Ahn Eun-jin, who said, “For ‘Se-kyung,’ the existence of ‘children’ was the reason for all of her actions,” predicted that she will be a strong and warm character who prioritizes the happiness of her children over herself and strives to protect them, raising expectations for her. further increase.

BBSIMAGE_20240424072726_182b682484543761

Jeon Seong-woo plays the role of Seong-jae, a priest who takes care of anxious believers. Jeon Seong-woo will transform into ‘Seong-jae’, a man who gathers strength for the people who believe and rely on him in a society full of chaos ahead of the end, and will show a new side that is different from before. Director Kim Jin-min said of Jeon Seong-woo, “He is an actor who has a solid foundation and can convey a lot of words with small expressions,” raising curiosity about the meticulous and delicate emotional acting he will deliver.

BBSIMAGE_20240424072734_dcfa0226a7283f09

Kim Yoon-hye played the role of ‘In-ah’, the company commander of the combat service support battalion, who is responsible for transporting supplies and maintaining public order. Kim Yun-hye shared her efforts for the character, saying, “I cut her hair short to express ‘In-ah’s strong appearance, and I learned how to use guns and practiced repeatedly so that her movements with guns looked natural.” Amplifies expectations. The appearance of ‘Ina’, who protects the safety of Ungcheon City and acts day and night for the citizens, heralds a strong and decisive character and is expected to leave a strong impression on viewers.

Spoiler

BBSIMAGE_20240424072747_257de8ba4e76a940

Meanwhile, stills of the colorful actors who completed the citizens of Ungcheon City, who are living in a society facing the apocalypse, were also released, raising expectations. The three musketeers 'So-min', 'Jinseo', and 'Ha-yul', who are always attached to 'Se-kyung' as disciples, are played by Kim Bo-min, Kim Kang-hoon, and Kim Do-hye, respectively, and with lively acting, they grow up despite the fate of never being able to become adults and the chaotic situation of children disappearing. We plan to show the children going out in a realistic way.

Kim Yeo-jin, who played the role of 'Yeo Mi-ryeong', the only supermarket owner in Ungcheon City, completed the character with delicate emotional acting as a character who courageously runs the supermarket despite the sadness of losing her son, and Kang Seok-woo, a trustworthy actor whom I met after a long time, played the role of 'Baeksinbu', the missing head priest. It heightens the anxiety of believers and the curiosity of viewers. The moment she appears as an irreplaceable reality, Kim Young-ok, who increases trust in the character and work, takes on the role of ‘Kim Bo-ae’, the oldest among the residents of Ungcheon City, and enhances her perfection.

Spoiler

BBSIMAGE_20240424072759_de20c566b2a300f7

Park Hyuk-kwon, who plays the role of Jeong Soo-geun, the father of 'Ha-yul', Baek Ji-won, who plays the role of Oh Gye-hyang, the mother of 'So-min', and Cha Hwa-yeon, who plays the role of 'Joo Myeong-ok', the mother of 'In-ah', show off their roles as parents with different personalities and tendencies. It is planned to be completed with unique acting to increase immersion. In addition, Park Joo-hee plays the role of 'Lee Chae-hwan', a Regina nun who helps 'Seong-jae' to run the cathedral, and Park Ho-san who plays the role of 'Daejang', In-ah's superior, shows a wise and dependable side, and a returnee from Woongcheon City who seems to have a secret. Yoon Seo-ah plays the role of ‘Chae Young-ji’ and Baek Joo-hee plays the role of ‘Do Jeong-ah’, the mother of ‘Young-ji’ who cannot predict what she is thinking. The ensemble, created with sincerity by actors who have created diverse, three-dimensional characters who make different choices in front of the predetermined ending of the end, is expected to bring joy and unique fun to viewers.

Spoiler

https://kstar.kbs.co.kr/list_view.html?idx=313050

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Goodbye Earth/The Fool of the End, 종말의 바보- Yoo Ah In & Ahn Eun Jin -Friday

🌟 Are you looking forward to summer, sun and fun? 🌟

Then come and explore the world of drama, and its real-life locations. Click the link below to join the excitement now!

Let's dive in and solve the clues together! 🕵️♂️ 

Goodbye Earth: Episode 1 (First Impressions)

by solstices

Disorienting and despair-stricken, Goodbye Earth paints its tale of impending destruction in broad strokes as mayhem descends upon the country doomed to be obliterated by a meteorite. Netflix’s latest apocalyptic offering clearly has a hefty budget, but what it has in style and scale it unfortunately lacks in storytelling substance.

Editor’s note: This is an Episode 1 review only. For a place to chat about the entire drama, visit the Drama Hangout.

EPISODE 1

With an intriguing premise and an extensive cast of veteran actors, one would expect Goodbye Earth to have the makings of a disaster epic. Unfortunately, its premiere is undercut by its ambiguous narrative choices. By throwing us headfirst into the action, frequently cutting back and forth between flashbacks and the present day, the drama mirrors the chaos of an impending apocalypse — but its lack of emotional and narrative anchors leaves its viewers adrift as it whisks us from one scenario to another, without sufficient time to develop an investment in the characters and their trajectories.

At the heart of the story is a friend group comprising four very different individuals, with the first episode mainly focusing on the perspective of our protagonist JIN SE-KYUNG (Ahn Eun-jin). As a middle school teacher with an empathetic heart, Se-kyung derives much joy from nurturing the students she cares deeply for. That is, until their idyllic days of normalcy are ripped away from them in an instant. Despite the rapid scientific advancements of 2025 and the invention of space probes meant to prevent this exact scenario, a meteorite is headed straight for Earth — and it’ll strike Korea in three hundred days. Life as people once knew it is no more.

We first meet Se-kyung a hundred days into the disaster response, amidst a panicked flurry of people attempting to flee the country towards safer pastures, before flashbacks contextualize her journey to the current point. For the sake of clarity, though, let’s proceed in chronological order — I’m not averse to nonlinear storytelling, but this drama’s execution is more confusing and less compelling than it should be.

In preparation for the inevitable disaster, the Korean government declares martial law. Worried about her researcher fiancé HA YOON-SANG (Yoo Ah-in) who’s currently working in the States, Se-kyung contacts him through video call. Yoon-sang reassures her that he’ll return soon, showing off the rings he’s gotten for their wedding — but mere seconds later, Se-kyung is forced to watch helplessly on the other side of the screen as hostile parties attack his laboratory. Right before the connection cuts out, Yoon-sang instructs a tearful Se-kyung to seek out FATHER BAEK (Kang Seok-woo).

Heeding his words, Se-kyung heads to the church, but she’s one step too late. The military has set their sights on Father Baek, condemning the congregants’ prayers as an unlawful rally. Despite the protests of the young priest WOO SUNG-JAE (Jeon Sung-woo!!), Father Baek is hauled away by the soldiers, leaving Sung-jae futilely attempting to appease the indignant crowd. All Se-kyung can do is push past Sung-jae to run into the empty church, where she was to be wed, as a hapless sorrow sinks into her weary countenance.

Meanwhile, the seeds of unrest have been germinating, and they manifest in public rallies, conspiracy theories, and reckless behavior. A jailbreak culminates in an outright riot on the streets, with the ex-prisoners kidnapping vans full of middle school students. By the time the authorities track them down, most victims have already been killed, leaving nothing but piles of shoes for their bereaved parents to weep over.

Both these scenes ought to be gut-wrenching, but they fell somewhat flat for me. We barely get to know Yoon-sang before he’s wrenched away, so it’s difficult to form any attachment to his character or Se-kyung’s longing. As for the prisoners’ rampage, it unfolded so quickly and in such a streamlined manner that it inadvertently created a sense of detachment — you know you’re witnessing an awful atrocity, but you just can’t feel it viscerally.

Fast forward to 201 days before the meteor strike, and Se-kyung is bidding goodbye to her student JUNG HA-YUL (Kim Do-hye), who was a survivor of the trafficking tragedy. Ha-yul’s family is part of the crowd seeking refuge in other countries, and she stuffs a letter into Se-kyung’s backpack before she departs. Except she doesn’t actually leave after all, because her father JUNG SOO-GEUN (Park Hyuk-kwon) gets flagged by the embassy, forcing them to stay behind.

Ha-yul’s letter contains information about her captors — some time ago, new neighbors had moved in next door, bringing fancy cars and loud music with them. Amongst them had been the man who murdered Ha-yul’s classmates. Appalled, Se-kyung conveys the information to her soldier friend KANG IN-AH (Kim Yoon-hye), hoping she can enact justice on their behalf.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/goodbye-earth-episode-1-first-impressions/

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024] Goodbye Earth/The Fool of the End, 종말의 바보