Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Guest lilsweetcotton

Song Il-Kook brings out a diversity, people behind him overwhelmed

Source : yomiuri newspaper

translated by http://h0tpink20.multiply.com

May 23, 2007

If you tossed on local cable channels in Korea in the past, most likely you saw the flash and spunk different personality of Il-Kook Song showing you the way to being in a status of low to high rank actor.

If you browse websites in the world, most likely, you will see about 249,200 popular searches under his name. Right now, in every asian channels of the asia world, you will see him in a series regular playing the character in an epic drama series, Jumong..

If you have gone to movie houses in the past, you might have seen him teamed up with Jang Sin-yeon!

He is Song il-Gook, little by little, making a name of his own, straight ahead, and now going in one direction...

According to some journalists and critics who have seen his films "you cannot help but like him in any of the projects he's done and he's yet to do. He is terrific in Jumong, an absolute perfect fit for that role. His personality is the whole show! In addition, he has played the role of Yeom-jang in Hae Shin in such a likeable way and when he made a debut in a drama love story like sad movie, his looks alone made a touch of gold on screen"

"He's not the typical self-centered guy who just wants to make it big in the entertainment world, he is a quality person with varied talents and one who has a good family upbringing. He is a throwback to production era, something other celebrities should give consideration to learning"... Production Team of Jumong stated.

Staff of HaeSin specified how humble Song-Il Gook is inspite of his status. "one of the best things that people like about him as a person, is his humility, with good looks, he doesnt let it go to his head, very down to earth, very spirited sense of humor and he loves his craft"

Song Il-Gook as Yum-Moom/Yeom-jang

Working with him has been a blast, we had a lot of exhibition programs in our soap, he is such a professional person, add to that his multi-talent can get a perfect 10 as far as "partners in crime" if i may say so, he's like a partner in crime for me in haesin though we had different opinions. Choi Soo Jung said..

The sets of filming went a little faster in regards to production while filming Haesin. Staff and the whole team made changes in scheduling, but in spite of, the experience gained from first days to final days, the casts from Bae Sung Hyun,Choi Soo Jung,Chae Si Ra,Soo Ae,Ahn Jae Hong,Kim Heung Soo,Lee Won Jong, Park Young Gyu, Kim Gap Soo,Lee Jae Yong, Chae Jung Ahn,Go Myung Hwan,Kil Yong Woo,Suh Do Young,Bae Soo Bin and lots more made a sharp and the camaraderie was really good!

"I feel like the project was blessed from day one, everything we've been through, all hardships to get on the airwaves is just proof that you gained something if you worked hard for it..." scripwriter for Haesin Jung Jin Ok adds.

He talks about how he recalled the time when he pointed at Song Il Gook as the 2nd lead role for Haesin. "I was talking about wanting to make a good and remarkable love story between a guy and Soo Ae as Jung Hwa while we were filming Haesin, not hating him in the role but loving him more and a guy that I had in mind for a supporting role should be somone with a lot of personality, so indeed the character or Yeom Moon was best suitable for Song Il-Gook..

While with Jumong, the production team also managed to say "Il Gook was going to be perfect for the role, along side friend who has been with him in Haesin as a devoted follower, Lee Yae-Yong..After thinking of the story, and looking at Song Il-Gook with variety of looks, I didnt have a hard time changing his image from cool and good for nothing Jumong when he was young to a much matured intellectual character towards the ending of the story, and his face could see a thousand significant turn of events, he has such good expressions.

"I never expected to do a project like Jumong so when it was offered to me, I was thrilled" answered Il-Gook

"I have worked with him in the past, and ive seen his works as well, he plays several different characters, all super, so it's really easy call to look in his direction. I know how he is during the shooting, he's not hard to work with." says Lee Won Jong (bodyguard)

Jumong production began, the production team and casts know the challenge that was ahead for all of them. This was going to be a big film project for either to date and all of them wanted the work to be at their highest level.

"Jumong was really a process. It was difficult when you think of the people's expectations on this true to life epic drama"

Director Lee Ju-Hwan said.

"Song Il-Gook has just finished Haesin and his acting there was par-excellent inspite of being the 2nd lead role and villain, his acting prowess made him marked as the lead role! I knew I wouldnt have a problem with him because he is great to work with. The problem is I have to present his character in Jumong at a different level as Yeom-Moon, from hair, expressions, delivery of lines down to costume and attack. We knew that the only thing we could so was to make a difference of his character and eventually we would get on same or higher wave length, and we believe we did!" he adds

"This was such a personal film and I know people would expect high, we all appreciate the time Song-Il Gook took rehearsing with every fellow on the set and his patience throughout the production is very very welcome. I had to take good care of the words I wrote because I knew that it was a slice of his life as Jumong" - Jung Hyung Soo, the writer adds.

"One of the big reasons I also cast Bae Soo Bin in a major role because we all know how he cares about every projects he does. We also want to come out the best

difference of his character in Haesin as bad and good in Jumong. That's very good to me and very good actor to have it, it does make a big difference. Sometimes you have to experiment and discover the versatility of actors!" he exclaimed.

"I think the film was done well, most of my time on camera was spent with Song Il Gook and Kim Seung-Su! The 2 played excellent heroes!

Meanwhile, at present, Song Il Gook is presently shooting a new film "Angel", shot almost entirely in America.

The team wants the movie to be seen all over and it deserves that. "love, talent are universal things that should cross over any boundaries in the world. Angel can take you all to places where you have been and want to go again. We hope that when people watch this, they focus on the entire story and reflect. This film will surely give people something to discuss about and it would be a positive one"

Writer Choi Wan Kyu always has something good to say about Song-Il Gook

"Song il-Gook is an exceptional person and talent." he says. "we joke a lot, one key thing about him is he's a hardworking person. I have worked with him in Jumong and now, here in ANGEL, we know how to work with each other, we both give it 100% all the time and we work very seriously. We both try to do our absolute best and you cannot just ask anything more"

Finally, Song Il-Gook reflects on who is most important to him. "i dont know yet what i have done to deserve all the luck in the world, and the family that I have. MY parents and sister have always been and continue to be my biggest fans who always support the system that I have. They always say be true, be who you are, be humble and always treat people well and you will be secured and stable" he says.

He seems very close to his family. Everybody notices that. He loves his family so much!

All directors, writers, staff have certain people that they really like working with or become friends to them and most of them would say "if there will be special projects in the future, they will always consider having Il-Gook on the cast. According to them, he has the look that is quite stunning for most women all ages alike, but he also has the simplicity of an individual who just wants to do his best to not fail his fans and family. That alone, makes him charming to his audiences!

Credit http://h0tpink20.multiply.com/journal/item/70

Guest gem18

May 23, 2007

If you tossed on local cable channels in Korea in the past, most likely you saw the flash and spunk different personality of Il-Kook Song showing you the way to being in a status of low to high rank actor.

If you browse websites in the world, most likely, you will see about 249,200 popular searches under his name. Right now, in every asian channels of the asia world, you will see him in a series regular playing the character in an epic drama series, Jumong..

If you have gone to movie houses in the past, you might have seen him teamed up with Jang Sin-yeon!

He is Song il-Gook, little by little, making a name of his own, straight ahead, and now going in one direction...

According to some journalists and critics who have seen his films "you cannot help but like him in any of the projects he's done and he's yet to do. He is terrific in Jumong, an absolute perfect fit for that role. His personality is the whole show! In addition, he has played the role of Yeom-jang in Hae Shin in such a likeable way and when he made a debut in a drama love story like sad movie, his looks alone made a touch of gold on screen"

"He's not the typical self-centered guy who just wants to make it big in the entertainment world, he is a quality person with varied talents and one who has a good family upbringing. He is a throwback to production era, something other celebrities should give consideration to learning"... Production Team of Jumong stated.

Staff of HaeSin specified how humble Song-Il Gook is inspite of his status. "one of the best things that people like about him as a person, is his humility, with good looks, he doesnt let it go to his head, very down to earth, very spirited sense of humor and he loves his craft"

Song Il-Gook as Yum-Moom/Yeom-jang

Working with him has been a blast, we had a lot of exhibition programs in our soap, he is such a professional person, add to that his multi-talent can get a perfect 10 as far as "partners in crime" if i may say so, he's like a partner in crime for me in haesin though we had different opinions. Choi Soo Jung said..

The sets of filming went a little faster in regards to production while filming Haesin. Staff and the whole team made changes in scheduling, but in spite of, the experience gained from first days to final days, the casts from Bae Sung Hyun,Choi Soo Jung,Chae Si Ra,Soo Ae,Ahn Jae Hong,Kim Heung Soo,Lee Won Jong, Park Young Gyu, Kim Gap Soo,Lee Jae Yong, Chae Jung Ahn,Go Myung Hwan,Kil Yong Woo,Suh Do Young,Bae Soo Bin and lots more made a sharp and the camaraderie was really good!

"I feel like the project was blessed from day one, everything we've been through, all hardships to get on the airwaves is just proof that you gained something if you worked hard for it..." scripwriter for Haesin Jung Jin Ok adds.

He talks about how he recalled the time when he pointed at Song Il Gook as the 2nd lead role for Haesin. "I was talking about wanting to make a good and remarkable love story between a guy and Soo Ae as Jung Hwa while we were filming Haesin, not hating him in the role but loving him more and a guy that I had in mind for a supporting role should be somone with a lot of personality, so indeed the character or Yeom Moon was best suitable for Song Il-Gook..

While with Jumong, the production team also managed to say "Il Gook was going to be perfect for the role, along side friend who has been with him in Haesin as a devoted follower, Lee Yae-Yong..After thinking of the story, and looking at Song Il-Gook with variety of looks, I didnt have a hard time changing his image from cool and good for nothing Jumong when he was young to a much matured intellectual character towards the ending of the story, and his face could see a thousand significant turn of events, he has such good expressions.

"I never expected to do a project like Jumong so when it was offered to me, I was thrilled" answered Il-Gook

"I have worked with him in the past, and ive seen his works as well, he plays several different characters, all super, so it's really easy call to look in his direction. I know how he is during the shooting, he's not hard to work with." says Lee Won Jong (bodyguard)

Jumong production began, the production team and casts know the challenge that was ahead for all of them. This was going to be a big film project for either to date and all of them wanted the work to be at their highest level.

"Jumong was really a process. It was difficult when you think of the people's expectations on this true to life epic drama"

Director Lee Ju-Hwan said.

"Song Il-Gook has just finished Haesin and his acting there was par-excellent inspite of being the 2nd lead role and villain, his acting prowess made him marked as the lead role! I knew I wouldnt have a problem with him because he is great to work with. The problem is I have to present his character in Jumong at a different level as Yeom-Moon, from hair, expressions, delivery of lines down to costume and attack. We knew that the only thing we could so was to make a difference of his character and eventually we would get on same or higher wave length, and we believe we did!" he adds

"This was such a personal film and I know people would expect high, we all appreciate the time Song-Il Gook took rehearsing with every fellow on the set and his patience throughout the production is very very welcome. I had to take good care of the words I wrote because I knew that it was a slice of his life as Jumong" - Jung Hyung Soo, the writer adds.

"One of the big reasons I also cast Bae Soo Bin in a major role because we all know how he cares about every projects he does. We also want to come out the best

difference of his character in Haesin as bad and good in Jumong. That's very good to me and very good actor to have it, it does make a big difference. Sometimes you have to experiment and discover the versatility of actors!" he exclaimed.

"I think the film was done well, most of my time on camera was spent with Song Il Gook and Kim Seung-Su! The 2 played excellent heroes!

Meanwhile, at present, Song Il Gook is presently shooting a new film "Angel", shot almost entirely in America.

The team wants the movie to be seen all over and it deserves that. "love, talent are universal things that should cross over any boundaries in the world. Angel can take you all to places where you have been and want to go again. We hope that when people watch this, they focus on the entire story and reflect. This film will surely give people something to discuss about and it would be a positive one"

Writer Choi Wan Kyu always has something good to say about Song-Il Gook

"Song il-Gook is an exceptional person and talent." he says. "we joke a lot, one key thing about him is he's a hardworking person. I have worked with him in Jumong and now, here in ANGEL, we know how to work with each other, we both give it 100% all the time and we work very seriously. We both try to do our absolute best and you cannot just ask anything more"

Finally, Song Il-Gook reflects on who is most important to him. "i dont know yet what i have done to deserve all the luck in the world, and the family that I have. MY parents and sister have always been and continue to be my biggest fans who always support the system that I have. They always say be true, be who you are, be humble and always treat people well and you will be secured and stable" he says.

He seems very close to his family. Everybody notices that. He loves his family so much!

All directors, writers, staff have certain people that they really like working with or become friends to them and most of them would say "if there will be special projects in the future, they will always consider having Il-Gook on the cast. According to them, he has the look that is quite stunning for most women all ages alike, but he also has the simplicity of an individual who just wants to do his best to not fail his fans and family. That alone, makes him charming to his audiences!

All I can say is WOWWW! SIG really is a great person. No doubt he is well loved by everyone. Any girl who can win his heart and bring him to the altar is indeed a very lucky girl. What I read from other articles that he has still no plans of marrying. This statement had given me hope, I still have a chance. hahaha... :P

Thanks for sharing the article. It’s one of the best articles I read about SIG. :)

Guest aidahlr

thank you lilsweetcotton for posting this :rolleyes: to hOtpink20 -- thank you for your excellent translation -- and it is no easy feat given the length of this article -- but having something this exhaustive is what I've been hoping to read...

I've always heard that the best & lasting kind of success is that which you worked hard and for a long time -- I am very glad that SIK's success is like that :) because he inspires me that way. Actually seeing the long list of projects he has done from the start of his career -- and noticeably, only recently did he start getting lead roles -- you can just imagine the type of perseverance SIK has.

Very true :D With his current popularity, he could be cocky if he wants to -- and fans will notice (though delirously besotted fans like me would probably deny it at first) -- but definitely he is not. Perhaps that is why he doesn't look that comfortable with "ambush" interviews. He is just not into making comments for the sake of getting more publicity...

Meanwhile, at present, Song Il Gook is presently shooting a new film "Angel", shot almost entirely in America. The team wants the movie to be seen all over and it deserves that. "love, talent are universal things that should cross over any boundaries in the world. Angel can take you all to places where you have been and want to go again. We hope that when people watch this, they focus on the entire story and reflect. This film will surely give people something to discuss about and it would be a positive one"

Could that be true? Majority of "Angel" to be shot in America? :unsure: .. but isn't it that they are only there for a couple of months?

I like the fact that their goal for "Angel" is "to be seen all over" and that it should "cross over any boundaries in the world" :D -- I hope that means that the production people will release more info in English, more publicity stints outside of Korea and more opportunities for fans to meet Song Il-Kook-sshi! :D :excl: Oh, the way they describe the series here is really making me look forward to seeing it very soon.

Awwwwwwwwws, SIK is just too good and lovable :wub:

Guest erica1064

May 23, 2007

It's so true that SIGs appeal is so universal, to a variety of ages and cultures. I'm telling you, he really has the potential to become a worldwide phenomenon if he wanted to. He can act up such a 'dark' side, but then when he's portraying someone vulnerable its all on his face. The array of emotions expressed as Yeom Moon in EotS was incredible.

And he's just so darn hot. That helps a lot.

Read this article in Songyunah fan's website which you fans of Song Il Kook might be interested. Article contributed by Mercury32 from S.Korea on Sept 2005 (hope she doesn't mind me putting this article here).

Song Il kook, “My ideal type is Song Yun ah.”

Song Il kook is a rising male actor. He has become popular since last year. He appeared in the drama 'King Street’ as an extra. He is 34 yrs old, but now is his prime. He also appeared in the drama 'God of Sea'

Once I watched the KBS entertainment program, and he stated during the interview, “I have liked SYA since I debuted. After I debuted, I had a chance to meet SYA because she was the heroine of the drama. (The drama is King Street, of course) I even asked her for autograph during the shooting.”

(The part of the article)

The actor Song Il kook had a birthday party with his fans. Song Il kook had a real talk with his fans, and many fans asked him about his ideal type and he answered,

“My ideal type is a woman who has something that I don’t have. Since I am not smart, I like an intelligent woman.” His manager added, “He seems to like Song Yun ah.” Then a lot of fans shouted. Song Il kook stated briefly, “Song Yun ah is really good actress.”

Guest Francesca

hi francesca :) , hi princess_kitana :)

-- and while we are at the subject of wiping the dirt off SIK's face, here are some more pics of SIK with a dirty face (from his previous projects)

screenhunter020kk2.jpg

... this one is a really dirty face LOL :lol: still huggable ???

12yw8.jpg

source: dcinside

Hiya aida :D

:ph34r: still huggable? are you kidding? :rolleyes:

never NEVER let go of him I tell you ... he's my carebear :ph34r::wub:

Thanks all for the news :)

Guest lilsweetcotton

i prefer the prosecutor than SYA! good thing he didnt court her! I dont like her ! <_<:wacko:

Guest gem18

i prefer the prosecutor than SYA! good thing he didnt court her! I dont like her ! <_<:wacko:

Is SYA still single?

Guest lilsweetcotton

Automobile CF, model brand raises

World wide daily report, Segye

May 24, 2007

The entertainment world of automobile is done with the completion car enterprises and competitively, the management has picked up a star, appointing the best endorser/CF model for the said car! It raises the degree which probably would help to stamp the consumer to purchase said car since businessmen know that endorsers are great help to increase sales of a particular item. When they've finished the image of the whole automobile, the officials of the industry readily advertise the image of the car to march up with a strong-mass endorser. And they prefer a famous star to appear and actually help in the advertising and promotion of the brand. In that case they will see an effect in the improvement of sales extension.

On the 24th, the automatic promo kicks today and Cho So Hyung will drive the SUV sports utility vehicle and by this time, it should have received an attention. Today, the car officials goes in gear about 20 30 men and women most will be selected and will decide on which model will fit the charm..

The KIA motors emphasizes that the single-shot casting of the famous model compared with the vehicle brand appoints the model must wear a fire tube characteristic which is appropriate to the vehicle driven. Royal SUV which is a model of Sportage should come out with a model with image expression of dignity.

Meanwhile, GM shows a big interest with advertising model Song Il Gook from Jumong. The GM officials pursues getting his services because of his strong wit, soft and

gentleman and because of the high-rating of Jumong and his image of strength, Song-Il Gook is best match to be the model. As well as the recent sexy model, Kim Tae indicates a refined lovely lady which quality matches well with the car brand.

picture attached http://h0tpink20.multiply.com/journal/item...nk20:journal:73

=================

Story of a fan

Source : Kentopak, japan

It started returning from America safely. The result, the latest tour was a great success. My degree of contribution was not high, however, I got to meet the crew members of the soon phenomenal movie. I rode the plane, before that, I checked my passport, there had been problems at first with my maiden name but went on absolutely fine after being late for an hour. It reached the point of being able to ride miraculously in spite of the problems. When I visited Washington to be able to meet the korean star, Top star, Song Il Gook, I was able to extend shake hands with him, has taken photograph also, it was a hard thing to do because crew were strict. Even schedule was hard to get, I heard he slept little because of busy schedule, and even I became exhausted just the same. Travelling is something nice to experience. With the latest tour, I saw many fans all over Song Il Gook and I could see the appreciation and excitement from him. I also saw people from Japan and America, just as the same viewpoint as mine, he is adorable to his fans. As for the crew members around, they were very busy and while watching, you can really learn many things. I will try to post pictures if I can.

*** Note : i will try to post-share the pictures if he uploads them...

--------------------

DVD information of Jumong

Source : yudaika.livedoor.biz

May 24, 2007

Jumong recorded the highest audience rating of 52.37% in Korea. Currently, in Japan, the audience rating cannot be delivered. Furthermore, the record for 35 weeks continual, the rating remains at #1 rank. Jumong shown in Japan and in 35 weeks, a lever approximately 9 months, the national drama is followed by Oath of Court Lady.

Is SYA still single?

i dont know! she looks old 2 me! :tongue2:

Guest gem18

i dont know! she looks old 2 me! :tongue2:

hahaha... i like your candidness... :lol:

thanks again for the article.. i love reading news about sig...

Story of a fan

Source : Kentopak, japan

It started returning from America safely. The result, the latest tour was a great success. My degree of contribution was not high, however, I got to meet the crew members of the soon phenomenal movie. I rode the plane, before that, I checked my passport, there had been problems at first with my maiden name but went on absolutely fine after being late for an hour. It reached the point of being able to ride miraculously in spite of the problems. When I visited Washington to be able to meet the korean star, Top star, Song Il Gook, I was able to extend shake hands with him, has taken photograph also, it was a hard thing to do because crew were strict. Even schedule was hard to get, I heard he slept little because of busy schedule, and even I became exhausted just the same. Travelling is something nice to experience. With the latest tour, I saw many fans all over Song Il Gook and I could see the appreciation and excitement from him. I also saw people from Japan and America, just as the same viewpoint as mine, he is adorable to his fans. As for the crew members around, they were very busy and while watching, you can really learn many things. I will try to post pictures if I can.

*** Note : i will try to post-share the pictures if he uploads them...

*envy mode* :) hope I can also met him in person...... *dreaming*

Is SYA still single?

As far as I know... she is!

Guest lilsweetcotton

Song Il Gook, looks younger even more

Source : Digital YTN

May 25, 2007

677i2ro.jpg

Song Il Gook becomes young little by little. After a successful appearance in the recent ending Jumong and the well-loved character in Emperor of The Sea, now he lives up to many people's expectations as to how far will he go when it comes to acting. Currently, Song Il-Gook appeared in the United States for a prime drama shooting. The drama which is plan to broadcast via SBS on September this year, entitled, Angel was shot in U.S. The shooting has been opened to the public in the actual location in Washington where it collects a line of vision as to how will the film be. From Lobbyist, it has been reversed back to it's original plan title, Angel. Song Il-Gook here handles various rifle weapons...There was also a shot here where he was photographed while doing the scene where his face was buried with dust and raked up in his face, but no amount of complaints was heard of him and as told, he wanted it professionally idealistic...

From here also, you pay attention to his young skin and appearance. At the age of 35 going on 36, from the time he was doing Jumong compared to the previous films he has done, it is open to public that his face seems every year is getting younger. It probably has something to do with the drama. When he was doing Emperor of the Sea, his looks there is far older than the time he was doing Jumong. And now, from Jumong, it entered into another period rank where he looks a bit younger in Angel. This kind of features will definitely be loved even more by his young fans.

new pictures at angel album

http://h0tpink20.multiply.com/photos/album/5

66c632a.jpg

Guest lilsweetcotton

A tie that Binds

Source : CBS, korea

May 25, 2007

6c79wrr.jpg

Combination of pro and to be pro actors Kim Seok-Hoon and Song Il Gook after

working together in Jumong, will again be seen in the September, high-budgeted

series, Angel. Their constant working-relationship has earned multi-relationship,

not just as workers, but also as friends and family...

Interview from Star News Video

I dont know how to DL and post here! pa-DL na lang from here!!

Watch it http://h0tpink20.multiply.com/video/item/32

I didn't know SIK had a crush on Song Yun-ah...actually she's a good actress so I bet that anyone would like her too...anyway, I loved the post about SIK's working habits in Haeshin and Jumong, even his co-stars attest to his dedication in his craft, and how he cares for his co-workers...and also his being a good son and brother...wow that prosecutor is really a lucky girl....I find Song Il-gook serious sometimes but he also tends to play jokes...that's my type of guy ^ ^