Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

On 5/11/2016 at 2:46 AM, KonaBeans said:

Song said via his agency, “Being in a Broadway musical has been a longtime dream of mine. I’m so happy and excited to have been given the chance to realize my dream in the famed musical Broadway 42nd Street. I’m practicing day and night for my role, as not to disappoint the audience.”

Song is set to tap dance his way onto the stage on June 23. [Star News]

Song Il Kook must be working / practicing hard for this role. He is a good dancer, if he's not forget the move... (hehehe, sorry I just remember in one of RoS episode, when Appa & Eomma join a tap dancing competition and SIK forgot the move, while his wife can dance perfectly)... correct me if I'm wrong, isn't SIK been doing tap dancing in one of his movie? What is the title? Anybody here has the link to watch online? 

And is anyone here could come to his show on June.... please please share to us how is his performance. Let's wish the show to break a leg / success...

• Like 8

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 24 Final

2016/03/26

photo706388.jpg

Throughout all his trials and tribulations, Yeong-sil has remained a surprisingly good sport. There's good reason for this. As bad as jail might be, Yeong-sil at least has his sketchbook, which gives him a chance to think over matters of science. That's always good for a nice matter of calm, even if this time, Yeong-sil's friends can't help him. There's just disgrace and corporal punishment, while Yeong-sil sulks and starts to hate the world.

Once more there are multiple timeskips. In this, the final episode of all places. We even manage to go over multiple kings while mostly ignoring King Sejong's death except for a brief reminder about how great the Korean alphabet is. All this detail leads me to believe that, whatever create liberties were taken with the rest of Yeong-sil's life, he really did face a sort of political inquisition and it did in fact require a complete change of the guard for Yeong-sil to regain his rightful reputation.

I think about that and end up feeling more disappointed about the overall direction of "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". Whatever the real-life motivatin was for Yeong-sil's persecutors, I very much doubt it was all that personal. Short-sighted, overly ambitious administrators of average ability can always be trusted to sabotage an organization for dubious reasons, and I rather expect they were finally removed from power for mismanagement that went far deeper than just a mistrust of Yeong-sil's clock designs.

That's another point of disappointment. Never mind how the extent to which Yeong-sil's clocks provoked geopolitical crises was just plain absurd. As the epilogue demonstrates, Yeong-sil invented lots of objects besides clocks that no doubt had very interesting scientific and practical explanations and yet...time and again writers Lee Myeong-hee and Ma Chang-joon found ways to steer the story into the same persecution complex again and again.

Although really, presentation is the issue as much as anything else. "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is the rare historical project that might have come off more accurate if it had been produced by one of the mainline commercial networks. Is it improbable that Yeong-sil the low-born scientist would strike up a romance with a bastard princess? Yeah, but we can't prove that it didn't happen. And besides, So-hyeon's presence in the story as written just ended up being very superfluous. If Yeong-sil's greates memories in life are doing science with his friends, we really should have got a lot more of that and a lot less uninspired scheming from the antagonists. In these ways and more, "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" has been a major disappointment.

Review by William Schwartz

Credit : http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-24-final-92808.html

You like this  Unlike this
  • Like 6

Jang Young Shi (Finale)

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

Osen- Naver: 'Jang Young Shil' finale, Song Il Gook leaves his soul behind, falls asleep within history

1. [+6,292, -106] Then and now, rotten politicians get rid of those with talents ㅠㅠ We shall never forget Jang Young Shil, he worked for the country and its people

2. [+4,770, -134] Why did this end so fast? Aren't sageuks nowadays either have 50 or 100 episodes????

3. [+3,509, -130] 'Jang Young Shil' has been enjoyable. Thank you cast and crew for creating a good drama

4. [+2,413, -114] Thanks for the great acting

5. [+467, -13] In the 15th century, the country brought the greatest achievements in science. I'm so proud that we had King Sejong and Jang Young Shil

6. [+452, -16] I'm a fan of sageuks and Jang Young Shil has been so good!! The only thing I didn't like were the noblemen who made a fuss when they disagreed on things... then and now, politicians are the same which is frustratingㅋㅋ

7. [+385, -17] This drama did a good job depicting Jang Young Shil's life and it let me felt once again that Joseon was really the hub of science at that period. Amazing drama

8. [+351, -17] Please make a drama about Ahn Jung Geun or Yoo Kwan Soon!!

9. [+315, -14] Such a well-made drama. The ratings were low due to various circumstances

10. [+274, -7] Sad that it ended... Science exists as we know today because of his

Credit : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/03/spoilers-jang-young-shi-finale-page.html

• Like 7

There is another musical 42nd street in Los Angeles.  Is this the same with Sik's?  The dates look the same. I din't know how to post the link here.  Just search at google "42nd street musical in los angeles".

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ardently said:

There is another musical 42nd street in Los Angeles.  Is this the same with Sik's?  The dates look the same. I din't know how to post the link here.  Just search at google "42nd street musical in los angeles".

Ardent, there are many different plays of 42nd Street throughout the world, but the original came from NY's Broadway.

SIK will play the Korean version which has been in Korea for 20 years.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Korean version of 24th Street.

I find this play is pretty close to the original.  SIK will play the role of director Julian Marsch.  To my surprise, Julian doesn't dance or sing much. 

Enjoy!

I also enjoy this performance at the Tony Award in 2001.  I expect to see it at the Korean play too.

• Like 6

On 5/13/2016 at 9:20 PM, suellen88 said:

Song Il Kook must be working / practicing hard for this role. He is a good dancer, if he's not forget the move... (hehehe, sorry I just remember in one of RoS episode, when Appa & Eomma join a tap dancing competition and SIK forgot the move, while his wife can dance perfectly)... correct me if I'm wrong, isn't SIK been doing tap dancing in one of his movie? What is the title? Anybody here has the link to watch online? 

And is anyone here could come to his show on June.... please please share to us how is his performance. Let's wish the show to break a leg / success...

@suellen88  SIK performed at the Jazz concert and did tap dance in 2007.  Later we learned that he did it as a surprise to his then finance (triplets' mom).  From what we gathered, triplets' mom can tap dance and sing, so appa Song must have done it to impress her.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, badsmuler said:

Our beloved Song Family at the church... :heart::heart::heart:

Credit : IG

Hi badsmuler, thanks for sharing this picture.  So, SIG's religion is Catholic, right? So NICE to see the family going to the church. They say that the Family that prays together stays together..... Families that pray together build eternal relationships on a foundation of strength, comfort, inspiration, and love. There is no more beautiful sight in this entire world than to see a family praying together.:P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi badsmuler, thanks for sharing this picture.  So, SIG's religion is Catholic, right? So NICE to see the family going to the church. They say that the Family that prays together stays together..... Families that pray together build eternal relationships on a foundation of strength, comfort, inspiration, and love. There is no more beautiful sight in this entire world than to see a family praying together.:P

@willenette...you're welcome, chinggu...Yup, SIK religion is Roman Catholic and his baptismal name is Paul... :heart::heart:

• Like 5

16 hours ago, badsmuler said:

@willenette...you're welcome, chinggu...Yup, SIK religion is Roman Catholic and his baptismal name is Paul... :heart::heart:

Hi badsmuler, thanks for the info about his Catholic name..... From the Roman family name Paul means "small" or "humble" in Latin. NICE name. :P

• Like 4