Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

50 minutes ago, starfire182921 said:

Hi starfire, thanks for sharing the link. I know the drama is doing well..... it has drawn great attention. The rating percentage results since the pilot up to the present are safe.....I'm sure this would increase more as the EP progresses. It has a very good script. Good luck, SIG! :P

• Like 8

Nice and yummy photoshoots for the Esquire issues, glad he's still continuing his first work, modeling!  x 

Can see nothing changes too much..:)  And finally got a bit caught up on JYI at #8..yayy..trying to not rush now, as it's alot shorter drama, the has couple he's done!  ;p   Very intense scenes, so many tricky scenes and sad scenes too! Keep on fightings! 

fullsizephoto110261_zpse1059acf.jpg    B1D7B8B240_28229_zpstv4mqb7e.png  

5073013181_4299ae67c8_o_zpsrsnv0dho.jpg  20160224110843_2016022401394_0_99_201602

Waves to kb, ard, bag, gab, metal, chell, starfire, will, celiap, jeannie, deeplyloved, klent, and everyone I missied..thanks..x

• Like 5

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 18

12799304_10153453877087263_8495407388061

Hee-ji suffers from his usual character conflict here. Yeong-sil is such a genius, Hee-ji feels eternally incompetent, so Hee-ji must struggle between his love of science and his desire to burn things. Again with the fire! Forget about clocks, King Sejong really needs to do something about public services. One of these days someone is going to try to burn something important, and at that point, he's going to wish there was a fire brigade to deal with the problem.

As usual Yeong-sil is a frustratingly passive character in his own drama, because Hee-ji is the only person who ever makes proactive decision. It feels like we're at self-parody when everyone insists about talking about Yeong-sil all the time in the third person any time he's not on-screen. I'd really much rather see Yeong-sil do great things than have characters remind me of great things Yeong-sil has done in the past. I'm still unconvinced, by the way, that the elaborate trap really required a very strong grasp of science.

So what's good here? The musical design as usual. While the segue into bagpipes remains my favorite tune, most of the score here is pretty good. It nails a very subtle yet essential emotion- the idea that the situation is improving. The gradual seeping of science into everyday life bodes well for the common people, who are now better able to manage change efficiently. And the villains hate this because I guess they just hate change on general principle.

The basic theme behind "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is a good one. In its best moments, "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" encourages the viewer to ponder over how even the most trivial, irrelevant sciences are a major influence on our everyday lives. Yeong-sil is a genius less because he's super smart and more because the man can explain and communicate science on a basic level. What good is genius, after all, if there's no one to share in it?

But then the political bits show up and drag the drama down, because Yeong-sil is not a politician and the main villains are more interested in starting fires then discussing philosophical ideas anyway. What makes this especially irritating is that the villains have no apparent material gain from acting this way. They're spiteful for the sake of spiteful. While Hee-ji at least has jealousy going for him, no one else can even rise up to that level of shallow motivation.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-18-92107.html

• Like 7

Watch: Song Triplets Have a Great Time Hiding From Song Il Kook in Fort in Instagram Video

manse daehan minguk

The Song triplets have turned their famous castle slide into their own private fort!

On the morning of March 6, actor Song Il Kook posted a photo of his three beloved triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse to his Instagram. In the photo, the boys are munching down on bagels at a bakery that they visited during their time on “The Return of Superman.” Song Il Kook writes as the caption, “Daehan, Minguk, and Manse came here with dad to eat bagels for the first time in a long time! (This is live~^^;).”

A couple hours later, he shared a video of the boys to his Instagram in which we see Manse peek his head out of a fort they’ve built out of their slide. Song Il Kook then bends down to capture the boys hiding inside, and Minguk giggles as he tries to block his view with his hand.

Song Il Kook writes as the caption, “They’ve started playing right away, maybe because they got energy from eating the bagels! Anyway, how could the three of them fit in there…? It looks like people from Mars really do love caves.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/06/watch-song-triplets-have-a-great-time-hiding-from-song-il-gook-in-fort-in-instagram-video/

• Like 8

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 19

12805787_10153455568347263_5870289767043

Eight months later, Yeong-sil is making decent progress on his scientific endeavors. Hee-ji, though, he just skulks at home having flashbacks of past fire-related incidents, grumbling about the obvious superiority of Yeong-sil and, I kid you not, projecting his weird fixation issues on a makeshift Joseon-era mannequin. It bears repeating. In terms of personality and inner conflict, Hee-ji is the real main character of "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". Hee-ji is the one always making difficult decisions while Yeong-sil just tries to think of a better way to build a clock.

There's something sadly comical about the way that Yeong-sil has to shoehorn scientific breakthroughs into mostly unrelated scenes that involve stuff like elaborate swordfights. I have no idea whether the actual historical Yeong-sil got his insights, but I very sincerely doubt it was from constantly getting thrust into life-or-death situations. Even after all the assassination shenanigans we've seen so far, characters are still surprised that this stuff keeps happening.

What makes "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" especially irritating is the way all these scenes keep blending into each other. Episode to episode I can only ever make out meaningful progression through careful study of the diagrams and paying close attention to whatever engineering problem Yeong-sil is trying to solve. Everything else is just material we've already seen played out several times by now. The repetition is aggravating mainly because it causes the drama writ large to feel unusually generic.

Take the bulk of the entire supporting cast. Everyone, even King Sejong, exists mostly to provide a form of moral support to Yeong-sil. Hee-ji actually has fairly low-billing compared to most of the cast, yet simply by having an ambiguous relationship to Yeong-sil rather than a whole-heartedly positive one Hee-ji's role takes on disproportionate significance. Like So-hyeon. She's always around to offer a smile, yet never actually does anything.

Those are the two extremes "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is stuck between. Its character are either getting wrapped up in unnecessarily complicated plots involving loads of political intrigue, or they're background scenery that livens the backdrop of the visuals. The middle ground is Yeong-sil himself, who aside from the occassional scientific breakthrough simply stumbles through Hee-ji's story looking more like a supporting character than a lead. And the worse of it all is that "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" keeps repeating this dynamic, so it forces me to repeat myself. I'm struggling to even remember the cliffhanger this time. That's how irrelevant this drama feels.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-19-92133.html

• Like 6

Great news SIKers...SIK new historical drama, JYS gets love calls from Japan and will also export to other 12 countries including China, Hongkong, Thailand, New Zealand etc.

Congrats to SIK and all JYS teams...they're really deserved it... :heart::heart:

Credit : http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2016/03/10/0200000000AKR20160310050251033.HTML?input=1179m

• Like 10

1 hour ago, badsmuler said:

Great news SIKers...SIK new historical drama, JYS gets love calls from Japan and will also export to other 12 countries including China, Hongkong, Thailand, New Zealand etc.

Cogreat news ngrats to SIK and all JYS teams...they're really deserved it... :heart::heart:

Credit : http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2016/03/10/0200000000AKR20160310050251033.HTML?input=1179m

Great news indeed chingu but KBS should consider doing it till 50 episodes so that we can still see SIK longer every weekend. 24  episodes is not enough:wub:

• Like 6

On 3/10/2016 at 11:02 AM, starfire182921 said:

Great news indeed chingu but KBS should consider doing it till 50 episodes so that we can still see SIK longer every weekend. 24  episodes is not enough:wub:

Can't agree with you more, chinggu... :blush::blush:

Plus more romance between JYS and Princess SH will be better for me... :heart::heart:

Daehanie hyung who loves his dongsaeng, Mandde a lot that makes SIK appa proud... :wub::wub::wub:

tumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo1_250.giftumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo2_250.gif

tumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo3_250.giftumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo4_250.gif

tumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo5_250.giftumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo6_250.gif

tumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo7_250.giftumblr_ngmn7pG9kp1u4kt4qo8_250.gif

Credit to owner

• Like 8