Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest shy_hyo

Theresia_warner, you said that Hyo Joo will attend fans signing at 5 November?

whether it is from  Mr.Pizza or lotte card?

thanks for the info..and thanks before, for your answer..

theresia_warner: hmm, recent interview??  :unsure:

Maybe theresia_warner is referring to this one?

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=922639012

Awww, am not sure if that's the article she is referring to. But I would also love to know what Hyo Joo said in that article because it looks good. I love reading her interviews because she is articulate and is perceptive most especially of people's opinion on her/or her characters.

But you don't have to translate if you're busy though. It'll just be fine. :)

I have also seen posts about a fansigning event on November 5 in DC but I'm not sure what company it is for.  

Guest theresia_warner

Orangemonkie, I saw photos that bashful and Kozuesan posted in the previous page.

It said "photos from Interview".

So I assume that there is an article beside the photos.

and I think the article is from baidu that Kozuesan gave. :rolleyes:

But like Kozuesan said ,you don't have to translate the article if you're busy. :)

Shy_Hyo, I think It's Viki fans Signing. :unsure:

but I'm not really sure.

Hi orangemonkie, kozuesan, bashful, I've asked my HK colleague to call i-Cable to confirm the dates but he couldn't get a satisfactory answer. He told me he read an article saying that they may bring forward the promotion to this month. It's very difficult for me to arrange for anything if I couldn't get any confirmation from them. If you come across news regarding their HK trip in DC and Baidu, please keep me posted. Thanks.

primeo, will do. ^_^

Hyo Joo attended the premiere of the movie "Psychic" which stars Kang Dong Won and Ko Soo. Won Bin was also there:w00t:  and her hunky boss, Lee Byung Hun, as well. I have also seen pics of  Shin Min Nah, Son Ye Jin, and YEH in the premiere.

edit: her Dong Yi friends BSB and Yoo Mi (Jung Eum) were also there.

20101103211515086131.jpg

:lol: 

I've noticed that Hyo Joo loves wearing boots. But then again, the other two girls also  wore 'em. Is it the latest craze in Korea nowadays?

psychic8.png

psychic9.png

psychicr.png

psychic2.png

psychic3.png

psychic4.png

psychic5.png

psychic6.png

psychic7.png

Hyo Joo has a boyish outfit for today. I almost choked when I saw her hair and I thought, " did she cut her hair again?" But subsequent photos.showed that she just tied her hair at the back.  :such a relief:. lolz :lol:

Guest theresia_warner

OMG, I almost get heart attack when I saw her hair. :lol:

But fortunately she didn't cut her hair.

Just tie it. :D

Btw I like her style. :o

She can be so feminime and tomboyish sometimes. :lol:

Thanks for those photos, Kozuesan. :) :)

Guest beeboo86

Maybe theresia_warner is referring to this one?

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=922639012

Awww, am not sure if that's the article she is referring to. But I would also love to know what Hyo Joo said in that article because it looks good. I love reading her interviews because she is articulate and is perceptive most especially of people's opinion on her/or her characters.

But you don't have to translate if you're busy though. It'll just be fine. :)

Here's a brief translation of the article:

Actress Han Hyo Joo appears to be taller than I've imagined. She had a small face and thin shoulders appearing on screen, now that she's standing right in front, all the previous imaginations have changed. It looks to be somewhere around 170cm, sneakily looked down and saw her heels. HHJ smiled and said: "This is what people who've met for the first time would usually say, because I'm wearing heels today, I look even taller."

HHJ's facial features are different compared to western beauties' magnificent facial features, her bright ignorance of surrounding affairs expression, when you look at her the second time her clean pupils will be able to make one's heart ache, her look/gaze, it is as if she has fully understood life, filled with maturity and care. Although she's only 23 years old this year, she's more matured than her actual age, could it be because of the prestigeful roles that she played.

Even in the latest drama Dong Yi, she's acted the age from 10 to 40. However her tone and expression far exceeded a 20+ years old.

HHJ: "It was really burdensome/stressful, couldn't even sleep when I try to sleep, because of the hope and expectations, it has really taken a lot of energy off me. However all of a sudden, I had a thought. Through out my experience, feeling stress from taking up such a huge role is probably a must/necessity, dropped everything and focused on this work."

"Last year, I relied on Brilliant Legacy and became a top star, but this time it's my first time to be in a historical drama and have no experience to it which is a problem. When we first began shooting, I've received a lot of criticism, the thought of wanting to do my best came out instantly, but sometimes it's just too hard, even the thought of giving up occurred. It's because of the living Dong Yi 300 years ago that has led my desire towards the positive direction. As an actor/actress, every time when the joints get hurt, in order to find hope to continue to work hard in that situation, she's been a source to me for getting stronger in personality and increased the capacity of my innermost feelings. To me, Dong Yi's the biggest gift."

"Despite that, the similarity between me and Dong Yi seems to be none. Dong Yi has the strong sense of justice that does things that'd win applause every time, but how can an ordinary person accomplish this much? Because of the kind character, that's why appeared as kind...... but then it's just image. Haha"

HHJ said when she meets up with others she'll try her best to smile if it's possible. Which is the reason why the film crews have praised her in unity. Occasionally when it's dull and boring, there's a feeling of bursting out, but to her, it's a bright healthy image, not an illusion, otherwise others around might feel pressured.

HHJ: "The truth is, I have more desires when it comes to ability-wise. This is a style that I've slowly developed. Never had anything special, was just an ordinary student when I was in school, because of so much desires, it's tiring. It's gotten better now, as I grow up more, I've totally want to be come "dragon" style." (yes she actually did say Dragon)

Hates being ordinary, everything that's been assigned to her must be completed. Must champion for sprinting competition, can't take it if she lost. Learned piano and guitar, doesn't think she's exceptionally beautiful, but still out of impulsiveness participated the model contest and won a huge prize. Debuted with <<Non Stop>>, then acted in <<My Boss My Hero>>, <<Spring Waltz>>'s main actress that ran into the arms of the main protagonist, reached her newbie status in a short time.

Furthermore, from the airing of <<Brilliant Legacy>> and <<Dong Yi>> to the recent music recording, music festival, and playing guitar on stage, it's very ordinary, but to the extraordinary(actually it's just un-ordinary, but I prefer to use extraordinary on her) her, this seems to be more and more successful.

HHJ: "It's still quire mysterious, things that we're going through doesn't seem to be impossible to go just like in the scenes in a drama, even so people still cared for me and liked me. Actually if I were to return to live as a normal human being, I wouldn't have the feelings that I have on set anymore. To be honest, I don't know when will the attentions I've got from people disappear into thin air just like fog."

"Sometimes when I go out, I don't pay attention to others' judgments, there was this one time, a fan asked for an autograph, felt very awkward. I'm more amiable normally, in front of the elders I like to act like a spoiled daughter, like a granddaughter, especially with the grandmother that had brought me up, our relationship is much closer. During the filming of <<Dong Yi>> I've entertained grandmother and her friends, to demonstrate the significance of bringing me up. The director of <<Brilliant Legacy>> also said: "Cast off the mask that looks like neighbour's little girl, the bright thought she carries is what moves people the most and that's HHJ's most natural charm." (What the director said, the mandarin translation was very confusing I think he was direct translating so it didn't make much sense, so I somehow translated it to what I thought it'd most probably be what he was saying)

"I've seen Director LBH's old show before <<Poem>> (I'm not sure of the drama's real title), I thought to myself how could there be a movie this meticulous, I wasn't able to blink even once, it was a totally an impact. And my desire grew more, I hope in the future I'll be able to make myself suitable for this kind of movie."

For a 23 years old actress to have such degrees of thought and inner strength, you don't see it often.

---------------------------------------------

Ah omg finally done translating. =S Some parts of the translation isn't as it seem I guess since it's a little bit different when you read it in mandarin, so if there's any other fans out there that are familiar with mandarin, then feel free to correct my mistakes.

Guest kayana20

Ahh I love her funky style and she looks skinnier. It's nice to see her with her Dong Yi castmates. Is she looking for new roles or taking a short break?

Guest orangemonkie

hahaha woah beeboo86! you have really done it very well! thanks for translating the article. i was in the midst of translating when i noticed that you've translated the full article! i second that the chinese translation was quite confusing at times. i have always had difficulties understanding the full article! :lol:

hahaha, to add on a little info on why she felt awkward when someone asked for her autograph ---- because it happened when she was enjoying her sauna. :lol: :lol:

hahaha woah beeboo86! you have really done it very well! thanks for translating the article. i was in the midst of translating when i noticed that you've translated the full article! i second that the chinese translation was quite confusing at times. i have always had difficulties understanding the full article!  :lol:  

hahaha, to add on a little info on why she felt awkward when someone asked for her autograph ---- because it happened when she was enjoying her sauna.   :lol: :lol:

That sounds like something you see in a cartoon.  So fiction isn't that far from reality after all.

Guest shy_hyo

thanks kozuesan..

i love Hyo Joo's style at the premiere photos, its showing her real age, i mean teenager style..i love it..

thanks beeboo86..for translating the interview

thank you so much beeboo86, for translating that article.  Thanks also orangemonkie for also translating the article. I agree with the writer, Hyo Joo has depth and inner strength. I thought I was the only one who could sense it and its a good thing the writer was able to point it out that when I looked into Hyo Joo's eyes, I always feel comfortable and I don't know why. 

However I disagree with her when she said that she has no similarity with Dong Yi. As a person, she is able to convey that like any other person, she receives a lot of negative energy (criticisms, pressure due to inexperience as a first timer in a historical role, pressure of being touted as a possible second LYA in the beginning of filming, etc) but she, in herself was able to find hope and be able to draw those energy into developing her inner strength to desire to go towards the positive direction, like Dong Yi.  I believe that Hyo Joo strongly believes in her desire and that somehow radiates from her and that reflects on how the staff see her and was able to make her a source of joy/inspiration during filming. Hyo Joo has a good head above her. She always points out her criticism of herself and that drives her to become better. Thats humility.   :wub:

I also saw one video with a really short glimpse of Hyo Joo during the Psychic premiere. This is with her boss LBH.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nqn4NA4qtr0

for those who wants to see videos of other celebs who attended the premiere you may want to go to this site 

http://clickcoo.blog.me/116066801

Guest theresia_warner

beeboo86,thanks for translation. :D :D

I really appreciated it. :)

I can imagine her presure when she took the role in Dong Yi. :(

But I relief that Dong Yi is over now so she didn't have to think about it anymore. :lol:

Orangemonkie, I always feel envious with Her Korean fans. :vicx:

They Even can meet her accidentally in sauna. :w00t:

argghh, so lucky.

Kayana20, I think she takes a break for a while for new drama. :rolleyes:

Maybe we can see her drama next year.

I also saw one video with a really short glimpse of Hyo Joo during the Psychic premiere. This is with her boss LBH.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nqn4NA4qtr0

Thanks kozuesan for uploading this clip to share, really appreciate the highlight.

Here's another clip that showed more of HHJ at the screening during the photo-call (at 02:39 mark). Enjoy. :)

Watch the streaming

Guest kayana20

How ironic that my favorite actress is with LBH agency. I didn't even know it till Rubie pointed it out when she told what agency it was.I am glad that she is with such a good agency because not once have I not seen LBh or Han Hyo joo never work hard regardless of the project tired or not. Ahh I am glad hyo is taking a break she works so hard.

Guest beeboo86

hahaha woah beeboo86! you have really done it very well! thanks for translating the article. i was in the midst of translating when i noticed that you've translated the full article! i second that the chinese translation was quite confusing at times. i have always had difficulties understanding the full article! :lol:

hahaha, to add on a little info on why she felt awkward when someone asked for her autograph ---- because it happened when she was enjoying her sauna. :lol: :lol:

@orangemonkie: hahaha thank you thank you, the truth is I took like 3 hours to translate it cause I'd stop to do something else every few paragraphs cause of the mandarin translation lol, and since I've gotten so rusty, I had to refresh my memory of the words I've forgotten. Haha and yea so it was a sauna LOL I forgot how to read those words and what are those LOLOLOLOL I thought sauna was some word else now that I think back it's not lol. Yea I skipped some part I think cause I wasn't sure of what it's trying to convey lolol sorry.

AH if I had known that you were translating I'd have just let you do it, LOL joking, I'd translate it if you're not around, it'd be fair for you to do all the work.

And thanks everyone for thanking me for my translation, I feel happy that I've contributed. I feel loved C=

@kozuesan: Somehow for some reason, I feel that she sounded a bit negative here in this interview despite who she is. When I was translating the article, somehow I felt sad at what she said, same goes to one of her cyworld post the other time about aging and she's feeling down about it.

Guest orangemonkie

5e4b7bc63ec5ec519c163d7d.jpg

ff09c6eff723697cadafd57d.jpg

198e6d597b07f6602934f07d.jpg

7f913efa3fa18454a9d3117d.jpg

5f879addd85e8f7e5882dd6d.jpg

65bc9a2b4d3542b3e7cd4044.jpg

70ad666309141c290d33fa7b.jpg

38a77e8d16464e5bb21bba44.jpg

dramafreak-13: hahahha!! yes, you're right! but i guess that fan was really excited to see her idol @ sauna area. :lol:

theresia_warner: hahah! yea! that wld be so cool to meet her there. but i wouldn't dare to approach her! :vicx:

kayana20: hahaha! i didn't know that agency belongs to LBH too! >.< i wonder where he gets the time to manage it. :sweatingbullets:

beeboo86: hahahha! i'd have taken more than 3 hours to translate such a long article! luckily you're the one who posted it first! coz i've misinterpreted one of the sentences! :vicx: hahaha! coz that word sounds like sauna to me, so i just take it as it is. LOL! hahaha! and please don't feel sorry! you've done a great job here! my version was much shorter because some of the sentences do not make sense at all (or it could be due to my poor mandarin skills)! :lol:

Hmm, i think she cut her hair again. :unsure:

Edit:

HHJ will be making a 3-day trip to Taiwan on Nov 14, 2010 to promote DY! :w00t:

Guest oscarvxd

It has been forever since I lasted posted. Exams are so near that I can almost feel them coursing through my veins.

Wow, her cafe de chouette pictures are so beautiful. I like her hair there.

Guest beeboo86

@oscarxvd: Good luck SPM'er !!!!! Get this over with and you'll be free from uniforms woohoooo!

@orangemonkie: haha yea the translation was really messed up and messed with my mind, I just translated a few of them following my instincts of what could the author be saying. LOL my mandarin's poor too lol. Again thank you for appreciating.

'A chance to show Korea’s potential'

101104_p01_interview.jpg

By Bae Ji-sook

With just a week remaining before the G20 Seoul Summit, the streets are refurbished, media outlets are all abuzz with news associated with the historic meeting and residents of the capital are being asked to smile to incoming guests.

But what do people really feel about the event? And moreover, what do they want from the leaders?

“I want them to take a deep breath and talk frankly about themselves. I want them to step down, give back a little for the community and start talking with open hearts,” Han Hyo-joo, a popular actress and also goodwill ambassador of the G20 summit, said in an interview.

Han has just finished the hit MBC epic drama, “Dong Yi,” starring as an innovative concubine who leads her king to stand up against corrupt aristocrats and seeks a better world, and said she has learnt that constant negotiations, talking and listening are what it takes to make a good decision.

“I hope they will seek what is good for the world,” she said.

Admitting that she is not familiar with political or economic affairs, she said the key issues for the summit are still tricky for her to understand.

But when she was first offered the goodwill ambassador position, Han — already a big figure throughout Asia with her dramas sold to more than 80 countries — instantly decided that the summit would be a great opportunity to show what Korea has and its potential.

“It is amazing that a great number of people express a good impression about Korea. They want to know us more and learn about us. When the whole world’s eyes are on Korea and a great deal of news coverage is dedicated to Korea, I am sure that building up a positive national brand image will be much easier,” she said.

Han spent a whole year wearing hanbok, Korea’s traditional costume, eating traditional Korean food and staying at traditional palaces and sets modeled on the houses of the nobility.

“I have fallen in love with hanbok. Look at the silhouette that stresses your neckline. Look how fair a woman looks in the vivid yet subtle colors of the jacket and skirts. Look how a woman walks under plump skirts. This is more than art and represents what Koreans weigh on in their real lives — they love nature and harmony within their surroundings,” she said.

Based on such an experience, she expressed her attachment to the Korean spirit and its uniqueness, which she definitely wants to share with the summit leaders, delegates and journalists coming to Korea.

“I would like to take them on a tour around Seoul. I want them to see the old palaces and feel the air of the history of Korea. But at the same time, I want to take them to Cheoggye Stream in central Seoul where they can see the very essence of Seoul,” she said.

For the first ladies of the meeting, she suggested that they meet Lee Hyo-jae, a hanbok designer, so that they can learn about the essence of Korean culture.

“The way we serve foods, the way we dress and the way we cook ... Doesn’t it sound much more fun? If they had time, attending a cooking class would be nice,” Han said.

And for the leaders? She proposed a different approach. “I want to introduce cycling around the Han River so that they could get rid of their stress and forget about silly things. Then I want to take them to the Garak Seafood Market in southern Seoul and buy them soju and delicious Korean dishes,” she said.

“I want to tell them that’s how Koreans live and how we make friends with others.”

bjs@koreatimes.co.kr

source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2010/11/113_75794.html