Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

@Bashful: What's your name btw? I feel so weird calling you Bashful =/

Anyway... haha where were we? Long replies are fun, but tiring as well xD I'm keep it shorter this time, don't have much time T.T do you know that not all people with meat actually have meat where they want it to be?? lol that's my case! I do have, you know, a nice bust, but that's about it. <_< I don't have an richard simmons at all so when my richard simmons got grabbed at some random party, my friends were making jokes like 'did he even have something to grab onto?' Uhuh, that's my life. But hey, our lives actually seems alike in many ways, the bad things that is hahaha another high five!

And I don't think you need A's to be a good student right? B's are great as well O.O I hate math too. isn't it funny that the stereotype of most Asians are good in math fails to apply on both of us?? haha we're just cool like that B)

And you're only older by 2/3 months!! And you're not technically older since we're born in the same year. We're friends.. Chingoos!!! So I can deny you whenever, however I want haha *smacks back btw* :angry:

HAHA, you've decided to not have kids already?? What if you will later on in life, wanna have a bet? lol no j/k. I know a lot of people who are like that, too. I totally understand though, kids aren't great with me either or vice versa. But I do want to have kids some day eventually. But I'm more a family person anyway so.. haha giraffes?? I want one too T.T let's visit each other after we both graduate and have awesome jobs and when we both are rich as hell ... haha I can afford a day to America then :P

Aren't Haejin and Hyo Joo 4 years apart? I remember him saying that in an interview and how he felt that despite the age difference he feels like they're peers. But the cast tried to hook them up? lol I wouldn't mind them together ^^ but I guess they've thought about getting together before since they gave such an answer. They obviously thought about it.. haha

You don't like bad boys? Rawr?? haha I don't really have a type but I just fell in love with Soo Bin's smile when he confessed and she asked him to wait. When he said 'How's that waiting for you? I'm going to be by your side till then right?' and looked down smiling... omg, i just died lol dammit, where are you my own version of Jun Se???? j/k.. lol I'd feel burdened though having such a perfect boyfriend... feel like I don't deserve him :P

I think acting yourself or the process of learning how to do that is really boring compared to actually watching others do it. Acting lies in the most subtle things that makes it convincing and truthful and trying to do that yourself is really difficult. I've been there too, went to a class because my friend was there and I thought I'd love it.. guess I didn't haha

I'm the type of person to not just like an artist/actor based fully on his/her skills only. I recognize the ones who are truthfully skilled in whatever they do but admiration and respect only comes when I get to know the person off stage. My favorite artists in every area (art, film, music) are by no means the best, but because of the fact that I've been able to know about their hardships, genuine thoughts and passion for their work that they're able to stand out from the crowd to me. Hyo Joo is, let's be honest, not as great as we both would like her to be, but she takes her work seriously while equally enjoying it. Her state of mind alone is something inspiring to me as even normal teenage girls these days can't seem to see themselves and the world the way she does; looking at your flaws while accepting them, be proud and believe that 'even a small change can make a person beautiful.' (quoted from her haha)

It's funny that you mention Dong Yi to be the next Dae Jang Geum as you posted a recent interview of her recently that reminds us again that she knows very well what's going on and what's she's doing. I agree that she should play more characters like in Soul Special. I really enjoyed that one as her character is so carefree. Though it might take her image to a whole other level, I'd like to see her act in a role that has a more 'bad' aura to it. As her fan and her being an actress, I feel that there shouldn't be a role she can't play. Even if she might come off awkward or weird or outrageous when taking on roles that are more explicit and daring, I think it also allows her to give her skills another push, if not, polish them. I'm not talking about 'bad' roles here, but really bad bad roles haha You know Lee Min Jung (Smile, You & BOF's fiancé)? She's one actress I really like as well and for the mere fact that she has been able to show the audience a variety of roles (one very very explicit!!)

Oh and I found Ad-Lib Night because I was looking for some independent korean movies and so I searched on youtube and found a trailer for it. I have to say that it's a movie that even I (as much into film as I am) can't even really tell what it's really about. It being an independent art film plays a part as they are mostly more abstract and therefor less appealing to the majority of the audience, but it did touch a certain organ in my body that not many people have even come close :)

BTW, can we have a huge celebration for Dong Yi's rating's rise? :D

Edit: it's a lot more than I thought =/

Thanks Cindy. Glad to see Dong Yi's rating is rising. I am kinda nervous because Hyo Joo is almost a rating queen in her previous dramas (with the exception of Spring Waltz). I hope this drama will continue to do well and go over 20% soon. :)

Guest blackvelvetfever

Gosh, I've loved HHJ since Iljimae, I wasn't aware that she had a soompi thread. :lol:

THank you for the pics and links, muchly appreciated! ^_^

Yay, I love Dong Yi so far. I really love seeing her with the king. They are both so comical and cute together haha.

Can't wait for more Dong Yi ~ :D

Blackvelvetfever, welcome! :D Yay, I also got tio first notice her in Iljimae, too. She looked so regal and so beautiful in Iljimae. She was like the perfect lady :D . hope to see more of you here.

Thanks for those cute clay figurine photos. The frustrated Dong Yi look with those eyebrows along with a surprised look on the king look so funny. :lol: They look really, really cute.

And they BTS Dong yi video, haha, Hyo joo is at it again, her usual random self :lol: like how she had lots of those random moments during the BL BTS videos.

I was a little nervous before as to how Hyo joo's going to portray Dong Yi. I mean, she has develop this mannerism (I don't know how to describe it) which she carried on from HP to BL to Soul special and I was a bit nervous that she'd have a difficulty knocking it off for saeguk acting. But after watching her in episode 5 to 7, I felt relieved. Whenever I see her portraying Dong Yi, I am quite happy to know that I got absorbed with Dong yi. All in all, I'm quite happy with how she plays Dong Yi right now. And she realy has a knack in comedy :lol: .

After seeing Hyo joo and Lee So Yeon in Dong Yi, I re-watched Spring Waltz and in one of the mid-episodes, Phillip (Daniel Henney) was driving a similar car like the one Park Jun Se (Bae Soo Bin) was using in BL.

Guest blackvelvetfever

Blackvelvetfever, welcome! :D Yay, I also got tio first notice her in Iljimae, too. She looked so regal and so beautiful in Iljimae. She was like the perfect lady :D . hope to see more of you here.

Thanks for your warm welcome! ^_^

Yeah, I know. I wish Ryung and Eun Chae got together in the end though :(

I love her so much in Dong Yi! Haha. Actually I love any role she takes on, she always portrays her characters well :D

The BTS video was so cute hahaha, she was waving to a plane xD. Reminds me of the SI NG they showed on Ya Shim Man Man where Eun Sung was supposed to faint from exhaustion. Instead of fainting she said something like "Hold on a minute", stood up and laughed HE HE~. LOL that was so cute.

The Viki Summer pics are really looking good ^_^ She's so pretty.

Guest babievee

hi everyone.... id like to ask where i can watch the heavens postman with eng sub...

han hyoo joo was a great actress... i love her in dong yi

Guest iceangela

hello everyone! :)

hi babieveem you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5HONbkxDpw :) yeah she is great in dongyi, but I'm lacking behind 2 episodes. :X lol. I'll try to catch up anyways. haha. Anyways, heaven's postman is really awesome! You should hurry go watch it! :D haha.

oh yeah and I'm mia from quite some time uh. Was kind of busy with orientation and school stuffs... and also dramas! :X haha. yeah was watching 'as much as heaven and earth/ like land and sky', that 165 long episodes drama... But was only halfway through... btw, bashful, is that lady gaga in your profile pic? :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks so so much bashful and fujiwara no sai and everyone for the news and pics and everything! :D