Lee Jung Jin 이정진

Admin

KDramaStars
by Staff Writer   Jul 11, 2013 03:32 PM EDT
class="cb b15"Interview with Lee Jung Jin 'Not Yet on Marriage... Time Will Come Eventually'

722550_97499_258_zps4fd7a12d.jpg
Lee Jung Jin is gentle as his character Lee Se Yoon was in the MBC drama "A Hundred Year's Inheritance".

Lee Jung Jin is gentle as his character Lee Se Yoon was in the MBC drama "A Hundred Year's Inheritance".

When actor Lee Jung Jin was asked about his popularity after the drama "A Hundred Year's Inheritance" completed, he stated, "When I go to restaurants, people older than me come out from the back and ask me things like 'Is there anything you want to eat?' and such. To be honest, people who are older don't always recognize idol groups. If they are not interested, they wouldn't know about Girls' Generation or KARA. I really like the fact that those people know I am."

When he was asked about what he would do if his parents didn't approve of his love, Lee Jung Jin commented, "I wouldn't talk back to them but I would say something like, 'this is my opinion'" and was unsure.

On his co-star Eugene, Lee Jung Jin stated, "She is like a real actress now. Back then, I felt like she was a singer but all the viewers see her as an actress now. I think she worked extremely hard to become accepted as an actress. She showed a lot."

Regarding his entertainment agency JYP, Lee Jung Jin stated, "Park Jin Young loves to watch dramas and movies. He continued to monitor 'A Hundred Year's Inheritance' but didn't say anything about my acting (laugh)." Lee Jung Jin revealed that he is close to 2PM members as well as Im Seulong from 2AM.

When he was asked to comment on his consistent popularity, Lee Jung Jin stated, "Popularity is like humidity so I try not to get attached. In that sense, I am very glad that I have been an actor for 14 years. I still think that I need to work harder."

Throughout his career, Lee Jung Jin has never had a scandal. Regarding this, he stated, "I was quiet while I went to school too. I didn't do anything that drew attention. There wasn't a scandal because there is nothing going on."

Lee Jung Jin continued, "Honestly, I don't care about publicizing my dating life but people who are not celebrities may feel uncomfortable. It might be okay if the news broke out naturally but I think the other person's opinion is more important than mine."

Lee Jung Jin then revealed that people around him keep telling him to get married but he does not want to at the moment. He stated, "It'll happen when the time comes. I can't get married by myself. I don't rush."

When he was asked about what he is most interested in, Lee Jung Jin answered, "I hope the people around me don't get sick."

Lee Jung Jin also loves to do volunteer work when he has time. He has even been to Nepal for a project to build libraries. He emphasized, "I went there for a trip, not volunteer. When I say volunteer work to people, some people get overwhelmed so I just say 'let's go on a trip'. You can enjoy a trip and just spend two days volunteering. And you just donate whatever amount that fits your budget. It's not something people should feel inadequate about."

cr: a/s

Dark and violent mother-son story

20130717.092002_20130717_pieta.jpg Oedipus Complex: Loan shark Lee Kang Do and his supposed mother have a twisted relationship in the award-winning Pieta.

By Joy Fang
My Paper
Wednesday, Jul 17, 2013

Pieta (M18)

Drama/104 minutes

Rating: 4/5

SINGAPORE - This award-winning film is not for the faint-hearted.

Directed by South Korean director Kim Ki Duk, Pieta - which is typically Christian art depicting the Virgin Mary cradling the dead body of Jesus - tells the story of Lee Kang Do (played by Lee Jung Jin), a brutal loan shark who threatens debtors in an impoverished industrial estate.

Before borrowing money, debtors have to sign an insurance for handicap coverage so Lee could injure them cruelly to file the claim.

His life gets turned upside down after he is confronted by a mysterious woman claiming to be his long-lost mother (played by Cho Min Su).

She follows him stubbornly for weeks, caring for him, and soon the man - who lives a lonely, isolated life - is moved by her motherly love.

The relationship between Lee and his supposed mother is disturbing and twisted, as the loan shark, who has blatant mummy issues, takes out his resentment on being abandoned by her.

There is a scene (spoiler alert!) where he rapes her angrily, uttering a disturbing sentence: "Did I really come out of here?

"Can I go back in then?" he sneers, clutching her crotch.

Other sickening scenes include him forcing her to eat flesh from his thigh to prove that she is willing to do so as his mother.

Scenes are jarring, super-violent and no holds barred in their stark depiction of the horrors of capitalism and what pure poverty can drive desperate people to do.

But the film, which scooped the Golden Lion award for Best Film at the Venice Film Festival last year, is seductive and fascinating, as it moves on to being a psychological study of the strange Oedipal relationship between the two leads.

Overall, Pieta is provocative, haunting and difficult to watch, and you'll want to keep your eyes closed for the most part. Strangely, though, you'll enjoy it.

joyfang@sph.com.sg

Pieta will be screened exclusively on Saturday and Sunday at 4.30pm at Cathay Cineleisure. Tickets cost $12. Visit www.sfs.org.sg

credit : AsiaOne

Guest cloh08

@rain719I watched the 1 vs 100 KBS.  LJJ was there, but don't understand any word.  But I think he gave a lot of the quiz questions correct.  Smart man.

Guest cloh08

@719i just goggled for the show and with LJJ name and I got it you could try.  Re: His Nepal trip, I saw some pictures of him with some dark children.  I think they must be nepalese.  He was embracing some of them too.  How loving, kind, and humble.  I wished I could read more of his family background.  Any idea when he is doing another drama?  Thanks a lot for your info on him.

hi there @willenette
His new advocacy is to build libraries in Nepal, about 100...... very passionate about this as I think he has been there in the past so about 24 libs have been built already... 1st week of July, he and JYPnation tweeted about donating english books.......

I did see pics somewhere about his trip to nepal before.... will see if I can find them again! As he says in an interview, to volunteer and join an outreach program is sort of daunting so he asks his friends to take a "trip".....maybe in this way, the volunteering in the future becomes a want rather than a should....  which would be more meaningful I guess..... I really want to join hahahahaha... goodness, there are so many english text books here just being used to wrap stuff - and clogging the drainage as well!

The caricature I just came across, the artist is a blogger - a Filipina living in Indonesia!

Aside from being gorgeous, LJJ is really an actor!  Look at his transformation each time for his roles - from fugitive to wonderful radio to pieta to SY - completely different persona... I call him the chameleon!  and he took on his role in Pieta that had very little budget just to work with the director! Btw, would you know where I can download Pieta or at least buy the dvd (in Manila)? Thanks! 

cloh08 said: @719i just goggled for the show and with LJJ name and I got it you could try.  Re: His Nepal trip, I saw some pictures of him with some dark children.  I think they must be nepalese.  He was embracing some of them too.  How loving, kind, and humble.  I wished I could read more of his family background.  Any idea when he is doing another drama?  Thanks a lot for your info on him.

rain719 said: hi there @willenette
His new advocacy is to build libraries in Nepal, about 100...... very passionate about this as I think he has been there in the past so about 24 libs have been built already... 1st week of July, he and JYPnation tweeted about donating english books.......

I did see pics somewhere about his trip to nepal before.... will see if I can find them again! As he says in an interview, to volunteer and join an outreach program is sort of daunting so he asks his friends to take a "trip".....maybe in this way, the volunteering in the future becomes a want rather than a should....  which would be more meaningful I guess..... I really want to join hahahahaha... goodness, there are so many english text books here just being used to wrap stuff - and clogging the drainage as well!

The caricature I just came across, the artist is a blogger - a Filipina living in Indonesia!

Aside from being gorgeous, LJJ is really an actor!  Look at his transformation each time for his roles - from fugitive to wonderful radio to pieta to SY - completely different persona... I call him the chameleon!  and he took on his role in Pieta that had very little budget just to work with the director! Btw, would you know where I can download Pieta or at least buy the dvd (in Manila)? Thanks! 

Thanks @willenette.... think I will order from yesasia.... don't know how to download from that link.

According to JYP facebook page, Jung-Jin draws all the attention with his photo shoot filled with manliness!  photo shoots for Singles Magazine august 2013
I WANT MY MUFFIN HAIRED "SY" in AHYI!!!!  Not particularly fond of LJJ in a bronze, dark haired look or in red/yellow/checkered pants!

nl2_zps5f341827.jpgnl3_zps3dab5e27.jpgnl5_zpsd3bfe516.jpgnl1_zps945773f4.jpgnl4_zps47b7183c.jpg

Compare his photo shoot for Singles Magazine in 2004(?)

singles4_zps95cadf03.jpgsingles3_zpsadfb065e.jpgsingles2_zps619a66fe.jpgsingles1_zpsdbd2663e.jpg

cr:a/s

***Actually, I didn't know he's friends with WB until I read this. :))

Lee Jung Jin friendship with Won Bin and Han Chae Young dates back to before his debut?

won-bin-han-chae-young-lee-jung-jin_1373

Lee Jung Jin talked about his long-running friendship with fellow actors Won Bin and Han Chae Young on KBS's '1 vs 100'.

"Before I debuted, I received acting lessons with Won Bin and Han Chae Young," he revealed. "We took lessons together, and would go watch movies afterward."

SEE ALSO: Won Bin and Lee Na Young confirmed to be a couple!

"If you three went to a movie theater together, the crowd must've gone wild," the hosts observed. However, Lee Jung Jin said this couldn't be further from the truth. "No one cared," he confessed. "Now we're all successful, but back then, no one knew who we were."

Their friendship continued until the present day, he said. "We still maintain contact, and visit each others' showcases or movie openings."

source : allkpop