Lee Jung Jin 이정진

Admin

@moodypie
nope, basketball is a new drama in tvn......

LJJ is just a guest...... think he only spent a few days shooting for this guest role.

for more on basketball:
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2019683/current-drama-2013-basketball-%EB%B9%A0%EC%8A%A4%EA%BB%AB-%EB%B3%BC-page-1-updated-premieres-october-21/p1

Teasers out for tvN’s upcoming Basketball by javabeans

Woo, teasers are out for tvN’s upcoming period-sports-action drama Basketball, which is set in the 1940s during the Japanese occupation years and includes Korea’s liberation and then separation into North and South. I was looking forward to the show based on the premise alone—a poor young man finds his future and lifeline in basketball, which propels him to that historical 1948 Olympic team—but watching the previews offers the reminder to keep an eye out for the stylish action as well, which director Kwak Jung-hwan showed off in his prior dramas like Chuno and Conspiracy in the Court.

The drama’s a few weeks from premiere, and here are two previews to introduce the world of the show, starting with the young hero (Do Ji-han) who gets discovered and is promised a bright future with his amazing talent. Jung Dong-hyun plays the hotshot player who’s already a celebrity, a contrast to the rookie hero, in a classic rivals-and-opposites setup. I do expect their relationship to eventually find some common ground since they’ll become teammates, but I’m betting there’ll be plenty of conflict to keep them at odds along the way. I like the grit in Do Ji-han’s character; from the previews, it appears there are people who want to use him and his skills for their own gain, but he is not about to let them walk all over him. Love it.

Granted, the setting probably conjures thoughts of last year’s hit historical drama Gaksital, if only because it’s the obvious comparision—there just aren’t a lot of other dramas set during that time period. Even if the two shows end up being wildly different, there’s also some deja vu factor in that I’m pretty sure they’re reusing some of (all of?) Gaksital’s sets (did they get a discount at the Gaksital clearance sale?). Such as the distinctive Angel Club facade, and the single city street that became the stand-in for all of Gaksital’s town scenes. And there are familiar faces in the cast as well.

Still, the focus of Basketball ought to be pretty different, since, you know, there’s the whole basketball angle. At 24 episodes, Basketball will be half-produced in advance, which should ensure that the production levels remain consistent. The drama premieres on October 21 as a Monday-Tuesday drama on tvN.

@moodypie @raxdc @Lmangla @willenette @suchadiva42 @merlimau @kermitderfrog @dimples21 @awsparkle @dnkt @alekaonu

LJJ in KENYA!!

Now we know what he's doing there - think it's with Good Neighbors again (looking at the logo of his shirt).... not wearing his cartier bracelets but a ring instead....

Never seen another korean celebrity so involved with foundations such as these... GREAT HEART LJJ!!

ljjkenya1_zpscc3cb167.jpg

ljjkenya2_zps16ce9a3a.jpg

ljjkenya_zpsc20522d8.jpg

cc: ljjtwitter

@krissieLWY
hi there!!! I love your pic...... is it new? good eye for what? the logo, the lack of bracelets or the ring? or all of those mentioned?

you're new at soompi? welcome!! did you join cuz of LJJ? are you also awaiting a new drama from him?

Guest KrissieLWY

@rain719 ... good eye for the ring! I think I have higher expetation from him Instead all the acting in local tv dramas ... really want to see him in good movies like " no doubt" and "pieta" . I am new here .. ya just becase JJ . Btw I happened to watch some many yrs back verierty show that he and rain was wrestling, happened I watched some another veriety show which Rain was competing with others on who can jump higher. Noticed Rain is too serious...by contrast JJ is rather easy on himself

Just my observation. Coz I do think Rain is cute ... but maybe not that real.

@krissieLWY
have you just finished watching A Hundred Years Inheritance (AHYI)? I haven't watched Pieta yet, I still don't have the nerve to do so as it is so completely different from AHYI........

I think LJJ has this easy going personality, seems very affable and even in interviews, you can see his good nature and intelligent responses! Then when LJJ and Rain made the Fugitive, there were so many stills of both clowning around.

Guest KrissieLWY

@rain719 to be honest... his roles in 100 is not that big.. every episode he apears 10 minuts..I finished by fast forwarding a lot !!! 9 out 2 ends is my favor ! Fugitive was good coz all good looking people but... anyways I like him not only becase of his" good look" from Piesta... I watched a few interviews of his, his personality pretty consistent, I woukd say he is a smart guy who knows his place... what is ur favor show of his?

rain719 said: @krissieLWY
have you just finished watching A Hundred Years Inheritance (AHYI)? I haven't watched Pieta yet, I still don't have the nerve to do so as it is so completely different from AHYI........

I think LJJ has this easy going personality, seems very affable and even in interviews, you can see his good nature and intelligent responses! Then when LJJ and Rain made the Fugitive, there were so many stills of both clowning around.

@KrissieLWY @willenette
I only got to know LJJ in AHYI only..... I liked eugene so I made it a point to watch the drama. Didn't like LJJ initially cuz I found him chubby (face wise anyway or maybe it was his hairdo in the beginning that I didn't like)..... then as the drama progressed, he became thinner and more handsome! I loved his muffin hair as shown in my profile pic!!! Also his nose/profile, lips, eyes...

Eugene was the protagonist supposedly but he ended up stealing that role from her! He acted very well compared to eugene whose speaking lines were eventually reduced to "deh" and so I became an avid (and rabid?) fan of LJJ!!!! (also, I was very disappointed with Eugene's acting and stereotyped roles that I don't think I'll watch a drama of hers for a long time). I did forward a lot of the scenes especially involving the older generation although I don't understand why AHYI had such really high ratings for local viewers, even topping the ratings of I hear your voice, master's sun, that winter the wind blows etc. which are very popular with the international audience here in soompi..... guess it all boils down to demography.

I've downloaded Pieta already and it's just in my hard disk........ Must be a very good film to receive a lot of accolades and win the best film at the Cannes Film Festival!!! Will definitely watch it sometime ........ Kim ki duk is a maverick and brilliant director from what I've gathered and LJJ consented to do the movie for the privilege of working with director kim and not for the little talent fee he received.... That shows his dedication to better his craft in experimenting with different roles, a true artist...... I call him a chameleon cuz he changes his form depending on the role - from 9ends 2 outs (boyish) to fugitive (rugged) to Pieta (hardliner) to AHYI (sophisticated).

So in summation, it was LJJ's handsome looks that captivated me in AHYI! and now, the more I know of him the more I am impressed!

rain719 said: @KrissieLWY @willenette
I only got to know LJJ in AHYI only..... I liked eugene so I made it a point to watch the drama. Didn't like LJJ initially cuz I found him chubby (face wise anyway or maybe it was his hairdo in the beginning that I didn't like)..... then as the drama progressed, he became thinner and more handsome! I loved his muffin hair as shown in my profile pic!!! Also his nose/profile, lips, eyes...

Eugene was the protagonist supposedly but he ended up stealing that role from her! He acted very well compared to eugene whose speaking lines were eventually reduced to "deh" and so I became an avid (and rabid?) fan of LJJ!!!! (also, I was very disappointed with Eugene's acting and stereotyped roles that I don't think I'll watch a drama of hers for a long time). I did forward a lot of the scenes especially involving the older generation although I don't understand why AHYI had such really high ratings for local viewers, even topping the ratings of I hear your voice, master's sun, that winter the wind blows etc. which are very popular with the international audience here in soompi..... guess it all boils down to demography.

I've downloaded Pieta already and it's just in my hard disk........ Must be a very good film to receive a lot of accolades and win the best film at the Cannes Film Festival!!! Will definitely watch it sometime ........ Kim ki duk is a maverick and brilliant director from what I've gathered and LJJ consented to do the movie for the privilege of working with director kim and not for the little talent fee he received.... That shows his dedication to better his craft in experimenting with different roles, a true artist...... I call him a chameleon cuz he changes his form depending on the role - from 9ends 2 outs (boyish) to fugitive (rugged) to Pieta (hardliner) to AHYI (sophisticated).

So in summation, it was LJJ's handsome looks that captivated me in AHYI! and now, the more I know of him the more I am impressed!

Guest KrissieLWY

@rain719 , I don't even a kpop fans ... I am pretty much just watch his works... coz I also have a bit of time at hand now..."I love you don't cry" is a draggy show .. even fast forward doesn't help I gave up in the end.. but the little boy is sòooooooo cute....not yet watch " april kiss"heard it's a sad show so I think I will pass that.

@krissyLWY @willenette
I did watch love story in harvard but it was so long ago, I don't even remember his face there..... Not too interested if melodrama (again) with LJJ!! I get affected!
=)) =)) 

We are so different @willenette haha I hated the script of AHYI cuz I wasn't expecting melodrama (genre said family, romance.....), some scenes irritating and forgettable, became draggy (50 eps could have been cut down to 35), too many useless characters - screen time could have been added to the OTP's parts and the savings on the talent fees of those characters could have been spent on filming in beautiful locations instead in a studio!!!!  but I'm very thankful to AHYI - I got to know LJJ, got to spazz with some great and funky (yes! funky) minds like @alekaonu @moodypie @suchadiva42 @dimples21 @kermitderfrog @awsparkle @raxdc @Lmangla @dnkt @robbs in the AHYI thread so I will never forget AHYI .........