Remember The Asian Abercrombie + Victoria's Secret Model?

Guest CaliforniaSun

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SweetiexJenn

i think she looks great! kudos to her! glad she's doing great and hope other asian girls can become as successful as her!

Guest i heart victoria's secret

i think she's pretty. and it's great that she's a korean..well part...and a victoria's secret model ^_^! that's awesome that she's getting more work

Guest Metamorphosis

you know...people on the forum are always talking about "there's not enough Asians in American entertainment!" "Americans won't let Asians be successful!"

but once one does start to make it big, they go and insult them

maybe she's not THE prettiest...but if you're so great, go and try the industry yourself

you need to look on the brighter side of things

well said

i don't get why our asians don't support ourselves

i believe she is Hawaiian/Korean/French/Chinese. Her surname sound filipina

No, it's not. I looked it up. All sources say Hawaiian, Korean and Chinese. Her adopted father is filipino aparantly.

Guest kamui_hime

there's something about her, even if she isnt flat out gorgeous, that seems to be really beautiful. maybe itsjust her personality

Guest xpho_86x

there's more pics of her at http://www.asianbite.com/default.asp?Display=128

from her myspace :

well, one thing not many people know is that my full name is quite a long one: jarah-evelyn makalapua mariano! my last name (common filipino or italian name) often brings confusion in representation of my true heritage, which is - 50% korean/hawaiian/little bit of chinese/& some unknown 'other(s)'...i mean by this that my father was adopted and his father's ethnicity is unknown.

at about 15 years old i was discovered for modeling by a next agency scout while shopping and hanging out with my parents at santa monica's 3rd street promenade. i hadn't really thought about serious modeling until that point, but can now say that i am very happy with what i do!! this line of work has allowed me to meet so many indescribable people and travel to various places. i was also painfully shy when i was younger and modeling has definitely forced me to break out of that shell. my career has lead me into some acting work as well, which is a whole other great experience.

i came by myself to new york city after high school and dove into college with a simple goal of getting a degree to always have behind me, and to get it in 4 years time. modeling full-time and school full-time was insane, but it allowed me to support my own education...more importantly, it gave me a good sense of who i am.

i consider myself a very detailed, meticulous person...but definitely not boring or prude in the least!!! i always try to be as open-minded and understanding as possible. i like when people are able to make the best of any situation and just have some fuuun :-D

must hve been hectic for her to model and go to school, i think she's pretty & has nice body

Guest Brouhaha

i don't know why people are saying that she doesn't have a good face.

she's got a great body and her face is really pretty.

she's gorgeous.

Archived