[Thai Series 2019] The Stranded Season 1

dramaandfood

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/17/2019 at 12:31 PM, clon_105 said:

the OST is boring... I have to finish my Netflix List ... and putr this one in the playlist.

Fortunately the background soundtrack was gud and on-point. I also think its better to watch after sometime and slowly too, since its long way for S2 to come.

Interview of Stranded Cast with Eng sub:

I watched it in Thai with eng sub. In that the music soundtrack alone gave me an eerie feel. I dont know how much it will differ in other dubbed versions. But I believe half the acting is in the actor's original voice. So its better to watch it in Thai.

All the cast in Uniforms:) How I wish they make a Stranded Prequel with their school story! But Kraam and May wont be together. May and Anan would be together though Ugh. But Joey would be alive:) and we would know how Krit and Jack started their relationship. Someone stop me or I am writing a novel by myself  Heh.

Spoiler

I am watching it very slow. Just now in 5th episode. Though I knew it already, I still couldnt see Jack die.:( Kinda feel discouraged to continue watching. I wish this story was supernatural and he comes back alive.

Ok, i've watched. S2 is required for sure. Too much unexplained, no wonder i was remembering Lost.

As all kind of such stories where group of people have to survive together this series shows little model of society and human behavior. It's always interesting to watch.

Spoiler

Btw, every time when someone got intimate i thought "do you even have protection?" because becoming/being pregnant on an island is really bad idea. And yes, they played that card.

On 11/19/2019 at 7:59 PM, dramaandfood said:

How I wish they make a Stranded Prequel with their school story!

It probably would be typical series about school life.-_-

10 hours ago, aniola said:

Ok, i've watched. S2 is required for sure. Too much unexplained

(At the end of S1, If someone asked me to say something about Stranded, I will be like.. hmm. What happened :lol: I dont know what I watched and what to make of it all. Now who is alive, who has really died, I am confused did Tsunami even hit the Island or not LOL)

I think the last scene might be a dream? And the person who was found by Arisa might be Prof Lin's Twin? Where is Kraam's mother? I was waiting for something supernatural to pop out but it might all end up with them confronting their fears? Everything is guess, S2 is definitely required.

because becoming/being pregnant on an island is really bad idea.

Also, they are teenagers. It made me think that they have already given up the idea of their future when they come out of the island. Most of them started behaving complacent.

It probably would be typical series about school life.

I am in mood of watching something school-ish. It has been a long time and this cast makes me wish.

11 hours ago, dramaandfood said:

I think the last scene might be a dream?

Hardly. At least for Kraam it is all real. For us... i'm not even sure if the island is real.:D I'm opened for any possibility.

Where is Kraam's mother?

She is dead, isn't it? She was laying on the ground when Kraam's (step)father catched baby Kraam from the water.

I'm interested in Kraam origin, seems like he can't drown (or die at all?) and maybe the only one who can find and go through gates.

And the person who was found by Arisa might be Prof Lin's Twin?

I'm not sure if any of prof Lin is real one. First one is obviously not her, but someone or something deeply connected with the island who impersonated her. And i don't know how second one could've survived in the cave that long.

I am confused did Tsunami even hit the Island or not

And is whole world under water now except for highest points?:D

It made me think that they have already given up the idea of their future when they come out of the island.

They all were very enthusiastic about the boat. It was like light of hope for them. (I also like that there is word "hope" is written on wall of school.)

Tbh, while they were fighting who will take place in the boat i thought that it's safer to stay on the island. If boat will reach it's destination help will come. Or boat can be crashed and everyone in it will die. But it's easy to say by sitting comfortably at home.

Same with Jack&Krit&Jan situation. We (viewers) know that Jack would die anyway. It's hard moral choice, but i do think that it spared Jack from days of constant pain. But neither Krit, neither Jan know about. I have an impression that Jan wasn't so happy about Krit&Jack as she tried to show. And as twin-sister she was very attached to her brother. So no wonder she set her angriness free when she found out the truth. As for Krit... there is probably total mess in his head, and he is totally alone with it.

9 minutes ago, aniola said:

i'm not even sure if the island is real.:D

I cannot stop laughing. I hope when Season 2 ends we dont get confused whether we are real or not :joy:

11 minutes ago, aniola said:

She is dead, isn't it? She was laying on the ground when Kraam's (step)father catched baby Kraam from the water.

I think I missed. So she went into the water and died?

12 minutes ago, aniola said:

I'm interested in Kraam origin, seems like he can't drown and maybe the only one who can find and go through gates.

The gates looked so big lol. As though he is opening heaven's door :lol:. Also how he came out alive in that Tsunami too? But the series doesnt have supernatural tag.

19 minutes ago, aniola said:

First one is obviously not her, but someone or something deeply connected with the island who impersonated her.

Woah That thought scared me!

19 minutes ago, aniola said:

And i don't know how second one could've survived in the cave that long.

Yes right? Her clinking that tumbler, I got afraid and using my brain was not possible after that lol. Arisa was really brave. Did she kill someone in the past? I liked all the flashbacks of the characters.

23 minutes ago, aniola said:

And is whole world under water now except for highest points?:D

But that one sounds real no? or not :joy:

25 minutes ago, aniola said:

I also like that there is word "hope" is written on wall of school.

Thats gud observance.

26 minutes ago, aniola said:

Tbh, while they were fighting who will take place in the boat i thought that it's safer to stay on the island. If boat will reach it's destination help will come. Or boat can be crashed and everyone in it will die. But it's easy to say by sitting comfortably at home.

But they were all selfish-enough to not trust those who survived will send them help.

28 minutes ago, aniola said:

Same with Jack&Krit&Jan situation. We (viewers) know that Jack would die anyway.

Actually I didnt understand. His leg got injured and infected. Cant they amputate his leg alone? Yeah, There is no medical practitioner or medicines to do that. But still was death the only choice?

31 minutes ago, aniola said:

I have an impression that Jan wasn't so happy about Krit&Jack as she tried to show.

Yes Jan wasnt happy from the start. Krit approached her first then fell in love with Jack. So she carried that betrayal all along, just didnt show, and when she got a cause-when-Krit-killed-Jack, now she can take her revenge openly without fear of anyone blaming.

35 minutes ago, aniola said:

So no wonder she get crazy when he died.

More than her love for Jack, her hatred for Krit made her crazy.

36 minutes ago, aniola said:

As for Krit... there is probably total mess in his head, and he is totally alone with it.

At some point I thought Krit was a jerk (we dont know the flashback of what happened between him and Jan) but when Jan started treating him like an animal, that was a lot and he didnt fight back becoz he felt remorseful. I think he should be a good person in the past. Krit is the 2nd complex character. 1st will be Prof Lin lol.

15 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

Did she kill someone in the past? I liked all the flashbacks of the characters.

Seems like the girl who Arisa met in the forest killed herself because Arisa "steal" her boyfriend and hacked her account with photo (and probably uploaded them in internet, i'm not sure).

Having flashbacks was good, but it felt like they didn't give us much information.

18 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

His leg got injured and infected. Cant they amputate his leg alone? Yeah, There is no medical practitioner or medicines to do that. But still was death the only choice?

I just went through tumblr and there were also few people who were surprised why they didn't try amputation. I didn't even thought about because it too hard for May to do it. And it's really serious decision to make. Also after some point amputation won't help anyway. And they probably didn't even know when it's became too late.

Btw, it was the reason why i felt sorry for May in ep.1. Because if you put yourself in charge of medical help in such small community you automatically become know-it-all doctor. And everyone run to you for help. But May is just 17-18 y.o. girl, all she had is big book and some knowledge, so she could help with something easy, but it wasn't enough to save Joey and Jack.

1 hour ago, dramaandfood said:

So she went into the water and died?

We don't know. But she was dead and baby was not. My guess that there is something unusual with real father, so Kraam was born unusual too.

1 hour ago, dramaandfood said:

But the series doesnt have supernatural tag.

It won't stop me from my assumptions about mystical part of the series.B)

20 hours ago, aniola said:

It's so adorable.:lol: For not-really-known actor it is probably really something.

Yeah its big thing for actors. And he can be known by more international viewers too.

After the recent 2wish Fanmeet where Mark cant control his tears, I thought he should express himself more and he is getting good at it too.

Seems like the girl who Arisa met in the forest killed herself because Arisa "steal" her boyfriend and hacked her account with photo (and probably uploaded them in internet, i'm not sure).

That thought never crossed my mind. Woah I think you might be right.

Having flashbacks was good, but it felt like they didn't give us much information.

True. We need more. Also I might have started watching for Perth and Mark, but I ended up liking almost all of the characters except Anan and Jan. Without Perth telling it in an interview, that 'Krit's father was in military so only he was the quickest to know how to survive in Tsunami' we wouldn't have known it at all. So they could have showed more flashbacks for all characters.

But May is just 17-18 y.o. girl, all she had is big book and some knowledge, so she could help with something easy, but it wasn't enough to save Joey and Jack.

Yes thats a lot to handle for her. I was worried, because if her dream was to become something related to medical field, this would have created a huge trauma for her, to pursue that. Also I dont understand that scene where she was holding camera in a party, and a guy offers to drop her off? Was she trying to become an actress?

It won't stop me from my assumptions about mystical part of the series.B)

Yeah haha me too. Everytime something strange happened (like when they got into the boat they got hit by was-it-meteorites?), I thought it was becoz of magic lol. And Nam's psychical powers are yet to have much significance in the story. That should come under supernatural no?

7 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

Also I dont understand that scene where she was holding camera in a party, and a guy offers to drop her off? Was she trying to become an actress?

I didn't understand it too. I was more curious when later she said to her mother that she earned 30000 bahts, and my question was - how? She was given a dress by someone since she had to give it back later, and got paid. And on the party she behaved like a blogger. So maybe she is kinda internet-idol whose job was to promote the party through ig and also just walking there and being beautiful.

7 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

but I ended up liking almost all of the characters except Anan and Jan.

So do i. And i was ok with Anan to the point when he started behave like typical abuser with May (when he found out she cheated on him).

1 hour ago, aniola said:

And i was ok with Anan to the point when he started behave like typical abuser with May (when he found out she cheated on him).

Yes He didnt even care she was pregnant and man-handled her. I actually dont understand when this happens in series. How can love change into hatred with just one incident? It just means that he didnt really love her before. He didnt even have humanity left in him, how can he love? Ugh.

2 hours ago, aniola said:

I was more curious when later she said to her mother that she earned 30000 bahts, and my question was - how?

I think 30000baht is a lot of money for 1 day's work. Maybe she gave her entire saving?

25 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

I think 30000baht is a lot of money for 1 day's work. Maybe she gave her entire saving?

It is. And she said it herself. But seems like it was luxury party for rich people so maybe it's not such big payment for people who organised that party.

45 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

I actually dont understand when this happens in series. How can love change into hatred with just one incident?

I think for us it's really hard to understand his actions toward May. And we don't need to. Enough that we know how wrong it is. He has right to be angry with her but not treat her like she is his thing that he owns.

At the beginning i felt a bit sorry for him about his relationship with parents who were pressing him, and that he thought that it's his duty to be a leader but didn't managed to be good one. Also I really liked the moment when he plays piano and everybody sing.

Guys I hate Anan so much. He was acting so annoyingly towards the end. I cant wait for someone to put him in his place.

May and Kraam were so cute together in the scene where she was saying she wants to be a singer but I think their relationship is progressing too quickly. I was dissapointed that May coudn't just inject whoever it was that had the collapsed lung. I get being unable to amputate a leg but that one frustrated me.

Also I really wish they explored Arisa and the girl with the short hair (Mint?)'s relationship!! They're so cute together! I'm hoping for a flashback from Arisa's time that she spent in that pit and an explanation of how only 2 days passed for her when it was two weeks for everyone else.

Is Nahm under Professor Lin's mind control? After Lin touched her head whilst she was asleep she's been acting in her favour, but then sometimes it doesn't seem like she is? Anyway the actress is so pretty. I confused her with the actress that played Arisa for a while in interviews.

Ice is definitely gonna die next. I wonder what they'll do about the baby next season.

Also, does anyone know where I can find some English subbed interviews or anything like that? 

I will share all infos translated about series as much as I found here:

Netflix posted questions about stranded:

Day1: Apart from ppl who still present? Who do you think gonna escape from death again Cr: JerryNguyen1811

Day 2: What happened to the time dimension on the island? Cr: Perthtigergang

Day 3: Who made fireballs happen? (This one Google translated)

Day 4: Where did Krit run away? Cr: Perthtigergang

Day 5: Whose child do you think it is? (Google translated)

Day 6: Joey really died? (GG again)

Day 7: Who is indigo exactly? (What the.. I thought u were working fine GG :lol:) (I am guessing this question is, "Who is 'Kraam' exactly?")

And this question is funny (because of the last option) by Netflix

“After #เคว้ง end choose a pair that make the best match?

Kram - Anan

Krit - Jack

Nat - Gun

Joey - the cliff”

Perth's interview about how Stranded faced criticisms:

The viewers watched from midnight until 7 o'clock in the morning and write on Twitter. I personally am happy to see the positive response. Many people have criticized that we create unrealistic characters I can't control anyone's opinion. Ex, if watching Ep.1 is fun, then watch it. Open your mind, which I myself understand very much. Because this kind of work requires comments to improve. Nothing is perfect

Cr:JerryNguyen1811

Marry or Kill Game for viewers

Spoiler

Who will you marry and who will you kill among the characters?

Who you want to save the most? Game

Spoiler

Interview translated Cr: JerryNguyen1811

Spoiler

Oh, i watched that video where they tried to guess other languages. It was fun. Thank to Oab for recognizing russian language.:lol: And thanks to Perth for sending us to Pery.:D  Btw, our title of the series is not "В плену у океана/Captured by the ocean/Locked in the ocean", it's "Отрезанные от мира/Cuted off from the world".

6 hours ago, dramaandfood said:

Who you want to save the most?

I wanna save everybody.:bawling:

Day 2: What happened to the time dimension on the island?

Island is weird, should we be surprised that time on it is weird too?

Day 3: Who made fireballs happen?

FakeLin or Kraam's inner power he don't know about.

Day 5: Whose child do you think it is?

Only DNA test will tell.

15 hours ago, aileesus said:

Is Nahm under Professor Lin's mind control? After Lin touched her head whilst she was asleep she's been acting in her favour, but then sometimes it doesn't seem like she is?

Haven't thought about it. But maybe Nahm just felt that prof Lin has the answers to Kraam's questions and to all strange things that happened on the island.

Only DNA test will tell.

Everyone were arguing like Kraam or Anan and you are going for realism as always.

I couldn't understand who is Anna. Turned out it's Anan.

I copy-pasted it without checking :sweatingbullets: Changed it now. Thanks

Kazz magazine BTS

Pat looks like someone fun to be around. And the whole cast has some level of closeness with each other. 

On 11/27/2019 at 8:59 PM, dramaandfood said:

Everyone were arguing like Kraam or Anan and you are going for realism as always.

Because we can only guess who is the father. There is nothing we can base our assumptions on, except for the fact that May slept with both of them. But they can't do DNA test anyway. So there is harsh method: to put newborn baby under water, and if he/she survive then he/she is Kraam's. *yeah, dark humor...:wacko:*

On 11/27/2019 at 8:59 PM, dramaandfood said:

Pat looks like someone fun to be around.

Yes, she seems quite talkative.

And i think they look gorgeous here together.

4be3e6113437a20802013585d38e096c42140943

Archived