• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JeannieV.

Ah Let's go on a Trip PV, that was awesome. well at least I liked it XD

it made bounce up and down while listening to it XD

Guest Shaolin

I love SM Town. I like it when most of the singers sing together, they sound really good. My most favorite is Snow Dream in their 2006 Winter Album.

Guest ultaeja

I SUPER SUPER DUPER miss the orignal SMers. There's nothing wrong with it now but I grew up with mostly the old one.

HAHA :P I hafta agree with you :tears:

Guest Pearlsapphirebluee13

Yeahhhh nice thread~ I'm a HUUUUGE fan of SM Town~

And isn't Black Beat not part of SM anymore? And now it's 소녀시대..I'm not TOO fond of them, but I know they should be added. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Entertainment Firm Warned Over 'Slavery Contracts' [ 09-13-2007 17:54 ]

By Ryu Jin

Staff Reporter

While the "slavery contracts" between management agencies and new faces in the entertainment world have often emerged as serious social issues, South Korea's corporate regulator has ordered SM Entertainment to correct its unfair practices in contracts.

Officials from the Fair Trade Commission (FTC) said Thursday that they instructed SM Entertainment, a major management agency, to correct problematic conditions included in its contract with Kim Ji-hun, a popular 26-year-old TV newcomer.

SM Entertainment has allegedly abused its predominant status over Kim, then-newcomer, to set an improper term of contract and insert an unfair clause on compensation for possible damages, according to the FTC.

"In a contract signed in October 2001, SM Entertainment put in a clause demanding compensation of up to five times its total investment," an official said. "It was set excessively unfavorable terms for Kim compared with other companies' demands of two to three times the contract money."

It is not the first time that the agency has faced state sanctions. In July 2002, the FTC ordered SM Entertainment to rectify unfair practices in contracts with other individual entertainers.

Kim, who became famous after appearing in several television soap operas including "Golden Apple" and "Great Legacy," has been engaged in legal proceedings for three years over the contract with SM.

SM Entertainment, set up by former singer Lee Soo-man, is a major producer of several pop stars. Initially, "SM" was an abbreviation of the founder's name, but now it stands for Star Museum, alluding to the popularity of its star entertainers.

South Korea's showbiz world has been hit by controversies over the so-called slavery contract, as some large management agencies misused their dominance over individual would-be stars.

However, there are also some small- and medium-sized agencies that complain of frequent betrayals by individual entertainers, who refuse to fulfill their contracts after emerging as big stars.

jinryu@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times, original article can be viewed HERE

Guest wahiiida

SM!!

sm is like my favourite music company too..

hahaha...

all my favourite korea singers and bands are frm smtown itself..

all started with BoA. then to suju then to DBSK..

nonetheless, all my korea singers came frm SMTOWN..

their album.. omg!! the mv.. wow!! hahaha..

its soo nice.. hahaha..

SM is my like my paradise..

wish to go there.. and that place shall be one of my vacation hot-spot..

hahaha.. talking crap!!!

jwae song ham ni da!!

Guest Kara_Hyori

SME is my favorite... almost all of the stars that i like are in there esp. SuJu, SNSD, Boa, CSJH and many more are in there.....

i love there song "Let's Go On A Trip/Leave For Vacation".... Boa was pretty and so is CSJH...

Ayumi's image changed ever since she joined SM...

Guest koreanishballet

finally- theres an SM Town thread

i love shinhwa and eugene, sigh.

zhang li yin did sing in a smtown album- last year's winter album.

anyway, she's release her solo album soon! (:

SM ARTISTES HWAITING

Archived