Friday Night Lights

tracycutie

NBC premiers 10/3
fnlphotodesktoplg1rd6.jpg

fnlphotodesktoplg7lh2.jpg

Expanding on the hit feature film “Friday Night Lights,” this poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard. Dillon’s promising high school team, its star quarterback, and newly appointed head coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler, “King Kong,” “Grey’s Anatomy”) feel the mounting pressure of the town’s pride and honor riding on their shoulders as a new football season kicks off.

The fresh cast also includes: Scott Porter (“All My Children”) as team captain and first-string quarterback Jason Street; Gaius Charles (“Book of Daniel”) as feared running back Brian “Smash” Williams; Taylor Kitsch (“Kyle XY”) as running back Tim Riggins; Connie Britton (“The Brothers McMullen,” “24”) as Taylor’s supportive wife, Tami; Zach Gilford (“The Last Winter”) as third-string quarterback Matt Saracen, and Minka Kelly (“What I Like About You”) as Lyla Garrity, Panther cheerleader and Street’s girlfriend.

Also starring are: Aimee Teegarden (“Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide”) as Coach Taylor’s daughter, Julie; Adrianne Palicki (“South Beach”) as Tyra Collette, and Jesse Plemons (“Grey’s Anatomy”) as Landry Clarke.

Executive-produced by Peter Berg (the film “Friday Night Lights,” “The Rundown”) who also wrote and directed the pilot, Jason Katims (“Roswell”), Brian Grazer (“The Da Vinci Code,” “Cinderella Man,” “A Beautiful Mind”), David Nevins (“Arrested Development”) and Sarah Aubrey (“Bad Santa,” “The Kingdom”). “Friday Night Lights” is a production of Imagine Entertainment, NBC Universal Television Studio and Film 44.

-------------------

yet another teen show? sorta like one tree hill but football...still, i'm gonna check it out

Oh ... I was going to make a topic for this. Guess you beat me.

I watched it last night ... It was pretty cool. I liked it ...

didn't really seem like one of those Teen shows like OC or Laguna Beach ...

But it is a little cliche ... the football game was a littler predictable ...

Good show. Encore Tonight on NBC at 8 O'clock for those who want to watch.

or go to http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episo...how=fridaynight :D :D :D

Guest lily_bebop

Dang, this thread is pretty dead. :x I usually just lurk and read posts, but since so few (only three!) people have replied in this thread, I'll come out of my shell. (:

I actually really liked the premiere. I thought it was good. The last few minutes were intense and thought-provoking, for me. o.o I have great hopes for this series, hopefully I won't be disappointed.

I can't stand that one blonde girl...forget her name, but she's kinda slutty. :x I think Street and his girlfriend Lyla are cute, and I'm hoping Julie and Saracen end up together. 8D Saracen's friend reminds me of Matt Damon, lol.

Looking forward to next week's ep.

Guest MUGETSU

Playing football for JV in high school and training for a year with varsity and watching/playing in games...this show really reminds me of everything that went on.

The game footage and everything reminds me of how pumped and adrenalined filled my games and practices and training camp were. It really brought me back...haha WHAT TIME IS IT!?!? GAME TIME!!! HIT SQUAD!!lol haha Too bad our cheerleaders were fat and ugly.

CLEAR EYES FULL HEARTS CAN'T LOSE!!!

another thing bad about the series is...since its from a book and there was a movie about this book already...isnt it going to be the same thing? lol

kinda shocked me when street got badly injured...i thought that it'd be one of those cliche moments when the star player gets hurt but fights through the pain and makes the winning TO...ahhaah

i really like sports movies/shows....so hopefully this will be a good one.

haha i haven't replied in my own thread...well i haven't gotten around to watching the first episode..i only downloaded it but did not watch it yet...

i guess i'll have more to say when i can catch up....hopefully this week...too many school work...arggh.

• 1 month later...
Guest mz simmonz

I watched only 2 episodes...who's that guy who sleeps with his paralyzed friend's gf? I forgot his name..but he gives me the creeps (must be the long, greasy hair) but at the same time I feel bad for him..seems like while Lila (is that her name?) just slept with him for comfort, he actualy likes her?

Guest sdog1977

I do watch alot of TV shows and this is one of my favorites........BUT the last episode got a little stupid. I dont like the QB's gf, she is a dumb sl*t. Cant believe her and she is very annoying. She cant even act well im suprised they gave her soo many lines in the TV show.

THe story line is overall good. The coach and the backup QB does a great job acting in this show. Im just waiting to see what happens next week.

Is it me or Voodoo (black qb) look like he is 26 or something. He looks damn old. He look like kevin garnet and michael vick had a baby.

Guest VersusVillain

^Lila annoys me too.

But I really like the show. It's ashame it's not getting more viewers, given this is one of the best new shows of the season. I really like the coach though, and the backup QB. He's cute in a hopeless loser kind of way.

Guest Bastard2002

I'm so happy some people watch this show. It's one of my favorites. I love the story lines and its got more than the typical teenage love triangle plot going for it. go download it on bittorrent and give it a shot people.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived