[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

Spoiler

During the preview for ep 8 , did anyone noticed BN said : If something happened to you here, do you think your husband will run here? Omg what is this?! How can writer nim treat Ji Ho like that? I guessed I just have to be patient and trust writer nim! :blink:

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

Because this is dramaland I suspect this is all a plot twist, making BN creepier than he really is. Perhaps BN overheard them talking on the bus coincidentally (with a lot more detail into their arrangement) and so know the details. Since he knows it just an arrangement between them he doesn't feel guilty chasing after JH. Also JH just so happens to come to his workplace - if he was a stalker I would think he would be the one to see where she works and join it.

Sorta of like last week when JH said she don't have a boyfriend but clarified she has a husband - just messing with our minds. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, chiangfc said:

Because this is dramaland I suspect this is all a plot twist, making BN creepier than he really is. Perhaps BN overheard them talking on the bus coincidentally (with a lot more detail into their arrangement) and so know the details. Since he knows it just an arrangement between them he doesn't feel guilty chasing after JH. Also JH just so happens to come to his workplace - if he was a stalker I would think he would be the one to see where she works and join it.

Sorta of like last week when JH said she don't have a boyfriend but clarified she has a husband - just messing with our minds. 

Certainly hope what you said is right. If not, it's just too sad for Ji Ho. Potential 'some' turned rapist, then now a stalker? Please be kind to Ji Ho, writer! She is lonely enough. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

Also can the writers kill SJ co-workers ? I wish them to burn in hell. 

Also did you notice SH's smile in the preview ? He is just happy to see WS since he introduce JH to him and his heart...I know I am dreaming. 

I even afraid to guess things now. 

I noticed his smile as well.  I was surprised to see his very rare smile. OMG! you maybe right.  It maybe because WS brought JH to him. Hahahah!.  It didn't cross my mind.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

POOR SJ , HAVING TO PUT UP WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT.....! MR MA SEES AND DISAPPROVES

WHAT A SLIMEY DIRTY OLD MAN !!!!

That restaurant scene gave me high blood pressure. I was so angry!

But it really happens in Korea. A few years ago, my friend went to Korea for a company exchange programme, and she got a shock when their Dept head started touching the female colleagues after a few drinks. The Korean ladies behaved like it was nothing, but my friend couldn't handle it and hid in the toilet til they were about to leave. 

This is real life in a drama. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, qynn said:

I'll have to see how I feel after watching the episode, but I don't really like the idea of BN being a stalker. The guy she had a crush on tried to rape her and the next guy that shows interest is a stalker? IDK I didn't and don't want a love triangle, but I don't want it to be JH, SH and then a bunch of creeps. I'd rather they just show contrasting mentalities with JH choosing SH's because that's what fits her best. But like I said, I'll have to watch and see how it goes. I've loved the writing so far. 

So true. I too do not like the idea that JH is surrounded by a bunch of creeps. But we've seen the writer has been dealing and inserting problems people face in the society. Feminism, the idea of men and women living together, patriarchal family, rape culture, harassment at workplace, SH not being in line to the standard of being a "normal person" that the society has established, smokers being seen as lower people, stereotypes and all. Now, it's about stalking.

I think the writer wants to have a show that educates people about what the truth is. On what reality is. That reality is not about having a sweet and best life, a perfect family, having a prince charming, a nice job, and men who loves you endlessly that they'd fight for your love. All Korean dramas, not even Korean actually, but almost all dramas give us false hope and fantasy about what life is. Almost all aren't based on reality. Any person could suffer a continuous bad luck in life. Like Forrest Gump said, "life is not like a box of chocolate, you never what you're gonna get." People could go through ups and downs, some would be brought with only ups or downs. Our world is not a Disneyland wherein we're always on the happiest place on earth.

Despite the bad lucks happening on the show, I think it would be beneficial for everyone watching it, for us to be aware of the society we're living in, and now know how to act at these kinds of times. JH is only a fictional character, but what is happening to her right now, could happen to any one of us. A clear portrayal of what a real person could suffer in the real world.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Guest snowflakesj16

@icyphoenix So it was Lee Min Ki who was with her on that Instagram video? At first I thought it was the guy who plays her brother, but then I realized it wasn't. I didn't recognize Lee Min Ki in that hairstyle. Looks like Se Hee is going to have a transformation! :)

Thank you everyone for the recaps. Been watching the snippets from Episode 7 but will have to wait for the subs to watch the entire episode. I agree with @rembrandtz_5e20. I won't expect Se Hee to change overnight. But I'm really looking forward to his character's "evolution" which has its roots from his unconsciously growing fondness/care towards Ji Ho. After all, Ji Ho's emotions were very evident from the start while Se Hee seemed to lack emotions. But with the way things are progressing, with Se Hee  suddenly experiencing different emotions since being involved with Ji Ho, I hope we get to see more scenes of him being affected by her or matters involving the two of them.    

Wow what a twist about BN! Please let us be done with him by next episode....

By the way could I please confirm something with you: when did JH say that she had a husband (instead of a boyfriend)? Is it in the same convo in the beginning or some time later during the episode?

Thanks!

• Like 7

Lol @lavender2love wrong thread for your post above. '

Thanks all for recaps. I like how the writer has kept things fresh. Did not expect  Bok Nam to be a richard simmons head stalker...that's awesome...coz i really can't do another love triangle...

Wow i was watching some of the clips ...did you all feel how totally namja our See He was  when he confronted BN? He was going on the offensive , i'm telling you....me is melting...

GD29Lz4.pngHHvlIgo.png

And OTP is progressing...look at this...all the feels...there's that spark or something in the way they look at each other..

giphy.gif

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

That restaurant scene gave me high blood pressure. I was so angry!

But it really happens in Korea. A few years ago, my friend went to Korea for a company exchange programme, and she got a shock when their Dept head started touching the female colleagues after a few drinks. The Korean ladies behaved like it was nothing, but my friend couldn't handle it and hid in the toilet til they were about to leave. 

This is real life in a drama. 

This is very accurate. I also had a similar experience with my co workers. I taught English in Korea and we often go out for dinner & drinks with all the faculty. I noticed that my VP and principal would get so touchy with my female teachers, hands on thighs, arm around shoulder, etc. I asked them why they never said or did anything, they told me if they were to say anything, the principal/VP would make life difficult for them at the school. They said they'd rather just not say anything, get through the school year and get the experience and points to transfer to another district than ruin their teaching career by reporting the sexual harassment. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 12

7 minutes ago, snowflakesj16 said:

@icyphoenix So it was Lee Min Ki who was with her on that Instagram video? At first I thought it was the guy who plays her brother, but then I realized it wasn't. I didn't recognize Lee Min Ki in that hairstyle. Looks like Se Hee is going to have a transformation! :)

Thank you everyone for the recaps. Been watching the snippets from Episode 7 but will have to wait for the subs to watch the entire episode. I agree with @rembrandtz_5e20. I won't expect Se Hee to change overnight. But I'm really looking forward to his character's "evolution" which has its roots from his unconsciously growing fondness/care towards Ji Ho. After all, Ji Ho's emotions were very evident from the start while Se Hee seemed to lack emotions. But with the way things are progressing, with Se Hee  suddenly experiencing different emotions since being involved with Ji Ho, I hope we get to see more scenes of him being affected by her or matters involving the two of them.    

I too thought there was some other guy with JSM..then I observed it was LMK.. I think there will be flashbacK Of SH in his college days or something like that.. Let's see 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Tbh, you don't need to go far as Korea to encounter this kind of issues. I live in France and yeah we don't have working meeting with alcohol but men don't hide themselves in the work place either by remarks ( sexual harassment) or touching. People love to blame women for men's conducts. I know few Germans who never knew that France allowed that much sexism. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, T-e-z-u-k-A said:

Wow what a twist about BN! Please let us be done with him by next episode....

By the way could I please confirm something with you: when did JH say that she had a husband (instead of a boyfriend)? Is it in the same convo in the beginning or some time later during the episode?

Thanks!

She said she has a husband after getting down from the motorbike with BN for the first time, in her purple sweater and striped skirt outfit, with SH watching them across the road. 

28 minutes ago, triplem said:

Wow i was watching some of the clips ...did you all feel how totally namja our See He was  when he confronted BN? He was going on the offensive , i'm telling you....me is melting..

me too btw! @triplem  lovee SH's exchanges with BN in this ep. and although he's usually expressionless, I love how SH never backs down from a fight and is aggressive when he has to be. and he is annoyingly polite in his aggressiveness which makes him such an annoying person to argue with haha

--

One last translation before bed, preview for ep 8 tmr!

BM: I heard that thing (motorbike) is really expensive, you're curious at how much it costs aren't you?

SH: No.

One moment later...

SH: Ok, how much is it?

BM: (Whispers amount). Isn't that crazy?

SH: Not really.. not as much as I thought it was gonna be

/SJ says sth here about some fee for the motorbike but it's too fast and I can't catch the words/

WS: I'm also the CEO of a startup for an app, it's called "Awake"

SH: Why did you make such an app?

BM: Will it make money?

Cut to WS crying his heart out in HR's arms :joy: poor boy

SG: Today's our first day (as a couple), so here's 1 stalk (yay for all SGxSJ shippers!)

SJ: What's with you?

SH to someone on the phone: You submitted a report regarding a stalking? May I know where and how it happened?

JH: I'm also doing my best to avoid situations in which we have to act as a couple in public

BN: We'll fix the motorbike, and also fix/heal each other's hearts

Cue dirty look from SH :joy:

BN: If something were to happen here, do you think your husband would come running here?

--

see you guys tmr for ep 8~~

I think BN might be gone by tomorrow if he's really a stalker hehe. and we're also probably gonna get a sweet scene of JH tending to SH's wounds from falling on the motorbike cos there were bts shots of them outside the pharmacy in the same outfits. and SH has band aids on his forehead after the fall :wub:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11

I love how poignant and real this drama is that you can related to each and every character.

(This is just my opinion and how I see each character, will I'm going on with the ladies first)

Like with JH, she's at that certain point in her life that seem like a mid-crisis in her career as to feeling lost, like you expect to see yourself where you want to be at a certain age but reality is harsh and you are stuck at where you are not. You get a feel of lost that your career is not giving you the result you dream of, that sometime you just contemplate and wonder what your life purpose or goal is. It's like you are in a roadblock between two path and not know where to go. Whether to continue with your dream you have (and go after it even if it'll make you fall as you don't see if the outcome will reach the dream and hope you have for it) OR give up that dream in general and live with no purpose.

HR is like a friend I have who, when you are in a relationship for certain years, you do wishes to settle down and feel like he is the one for you only to get the realization that you are not on the same wavelength. She's related that my friend was together with the guy for 5 years and wanted to get married and were even engage to realize that he was proposing because she asked him to, not because his heart is set on marriage at all for them to end both the engagement and relationship. It's a sad truth that sometime you can be with a guy for the longest time to realize that you are not meant to be together, that you're not compatible or in the same mindset/wavelength in what you want in your relationship with each other and it definitely hurt when it's time to let each other go  because it's years spent together and result in not going to the next chapter together. 

SJ, I think some can related to with the harrassment she has to endure at work. It is truly sickening on how her boss treats her and that she has to bear the harrassment and at the same time, cannot do much more about it because she can't risk losing her job because having a job is survival. SJ like JH had narrated has dream of being her CEO but like JH at her point in her career, she just see the harsh of reality of actually finding job (particular in Korea, it is hard to get jobs) and being a woman in a work force that she seem like lost her drive to go for her dream of being a CEO, that the reality is you have to have a job to survive even if it is a job you dislike. She hates the harrassment but she cannot speak up or fight it for fear of losing her job. It's truly sad but it's a hit of life that there are people who do not like their job because of various reason but feel that they are stuck where they are because they NEED the job to survive, to pay the bills, etc. It's disheartening but real and I hope that SJ will eventually fight back and QUIT that job of her to see that taking risk may be scary but she never knows, the end result could be her achieving her dream. 
---------------------------------------------------------------

Any way, with the last ending and SH knowing that BN is not who he seem, suspicious that he is dangerous. I wonder if he'll be honest about it and tell JH given they are quite honest with each other and SH is quite straightforward. 

• Like 9

Damn! *goosebumps* i didn't expect boknam to be a creep wow now it makes sense to me why he was in the bus with the Otp that day. There was not a lot of Sehee and Jiho scenes in this episode but the little moments they shared had some baby steps on them. Sehee definitely feels something, it's not clear yet but boknam presence did bother him, i also don't expect him to change overnight for sure but he did show that he cares for her and i'm sure tomorrow he will keep Jiho safe.

• Like 5