[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

4 hours ago, suci purnama said:

yes i agree... marriage is a 'welcome' to reality... sometimes we should make sacrifice when our dream and reality doesn't match.HR should realise what's more important to her.i think she should look at JH,she didnt want to held wedding ceremony baecause JH&SH thought they would spent a lot of money.but HR she didint realise,WS just start his job and she still want to have a grand weddig ceremony.and she want to be a housewife.she should wake up from dreamland and face reality.

i dont want to say,you cant dream.but in HR's case she's to much i think,she's too selfish with her dream.

We often sacrifice dreams for a lot of things, but trying to remain with our heads in the clouds is where we often find ourselves the most ungrounded - in this case, WS only dreams about making HR happy and of his apps. 

He sacrificed the app for HR's happiness, but even then - he's sacrificed his own happiness for her. She's sacrificed her youth for him, and ultimately - they're both dreamers. She dreams of being a housewife, with kids and kissing her husband as he goes to work every day, and he dreams of nothing more than today (the present circumstances) and of his app. They're bound to just be unhappy, for as long as they stay together because now it's lying, being resentful towards one another that will ultimately lead to hatred. 

He will blame her, down the line, if an app comes along that's similar to his own, or if the app he helped developed suddenly becomes great. 

She will blame him, for taking away her youth, and making her work for him, and for them, while he chased his dreams and thereby denied her own. 

The true meaning of sacrifice doesn't really apply here. It's more like secretly keeping tallies against one another, and seeing who is better at the end. 

39 minutes ago, teep523 said:

Oooh this power thing is really interesting. Thanks for pointing it out! But yes now that you've pointed it out.. I appreciate SH for the effort he puts into respecting JH even though she's not in a position of power. It really speaks volumes of his character.

If I were JH... I would still pay rent punctually and try my best to fulfil the responsibilities of the contractual relationship because as the tenant, the onus/decision making power ultimately rests with the landlord.. It's really hard for the tenant to do otherwise Imo even more so when they are dating. I think it would be wise to treat it as two separate relationships. I hope that SH suggests they revise the terms of their agreement as a proposal :lol: or would it be better if JH moves out.. So that they'll be on a more even footing in their relationship? Hmmm but the cohabitation hjinks though!

I think that's why he's more careful because of that ^^ He's just trying not to go too fast, or anything. For example - imagine SG in this situation. We know he's a nice guy, but he's got a bit of a sex drive (or a lot of one lmao). If SG was in this position, where he knew his roommate liked him? He probably would've flirted her into bed immediately, and then tried to play off the after effects, or bumbled his way through a volcanic relationship. 

I think it's a bit of a give and take with this - I don't think she'll move out, but I think they'll learn to grow together, slowly but steadily. He's still taking forward steps (asking her to sleep together, cooking her breakfast etc) and I think that's cute too. 

To put it in another way - imagine this as an arranged marriage almost. Now, I'm not advocating arranged marriages, but I don't also see the problem with them when handled right, as in everyone remains on the same page going forward. The people in the marriage come together because they believe they match well in terms of backgrounds, financially, culturally etc. That makes sense to me, and doesn't seem like a bad thing at all. But just because it's an arranged marriage doesn't mean that you will automatically fall in love or in bed with your partner - doing that would require some build up of trust and like, right? Because at this point, you're married, your families are also intertwined, as well as your friends, so it's not just the two of you. 

I'm not sure where I went with this haha :DI hope it's understood though! 

18 minutes ago, trollasticwives said:

I think that's why he's more careful because of that ^^ He's just trying not to go too fast, or anything. For example - imagine SG in this situation. We know he's a nice guy, but he's got a bit of a sex drive (or a lot of one lmao). If SG was in this position, where he knew his roommate liked him? He probably would've flirted her into bed immediately, and then tried to play off the after effects, or bumbled his way through a volcanic relationship. 

But I don't think SH is being very good at taking it slow if he is rly taking it slow hahaha I mean.. The kiss took place on a Friday, and SH took her out on a date immediately the next day, a Saturday.. And on the same night after the date, he asks her if she wants to sleep together?? I think their relationship is actually progressing at the speed of light and he's pretty hasty abt it alr :lol: it just seems a little slow cos JH, in her love daze, complains abt it being slow... 

Also if you think abt it.. The ancestral rites at SH's house happened only earlier that week... I wonder how much time has passed since their wedding though.. It doesn't seem like much.

I  think SH has a pretty hasty personality actually and it's pretty funny if this is his best attempt at taking it slow :lol: and maybe we give SH too much credit sometimes... Maybe he's actually just bewildered by all his feels inside and is purely acting on instinct. I mean.. If JM was his only other love experience other than JH.. I don't think he has much experience to fall back on either haha

• Like 12

Seriously... this thread, the First Lifers are giving me life hehehe or you guys are my vitamins, especially in this fog of flu. Thank you.

Something occurred to me... why is it that somehow I want to see Se Hee cry over Ji Ho? I'm not trying to be cruel. Or maybe not crying, some huge show of emotion at one point? In defense of or because of his feelings for Ji Ho? Like the climax of it all. 

hope I'm making some sort of sense. I like the pace but with 4 episodes left, I'm curious as to where it's leading. 

And would someone let me know if and when he starts speaking banmal to her? I know very little Korean to actually tell the difference. Thanks so much! 

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

They're honestly really cute! :D

Credit: I made this gif

One of the best use of PPL i've seen. Actually, overall the show has been really smooth in incorporating PPL. I used to remember other dramas wherein the only restaurants that exist are a certain Sandwich or Ice Cream shop. :)

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Something occurred to me... why is it that somehow I want to see Se Hee cry over Ji Ho? I'm not trying to be cruel. Or maybe not crying, some huge show of emotion at one point? In defense of or because of his feelings for Ji Ho? Like the climax of it all. 

Sorry to cut your post :)

How about this kind of SH? :D This is too out of his character though but who knows! Hehe :lol:IMG_20171117_001256.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

17 minutes ago, wateryroseapple said:
26 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

How about this kind of SH? :D This is too out of his character though but who knows! Hehe :lol:

He can cry of hapiness too.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, wateryroseapple said:

How about this kind of SH? :D This is too out of his character though but who knows! Hehe :lol:

YAAAAAAS! :lol:

But yes. Too out of character. That was a fun movie. And strangely enough, that screencap and the line he was saying is somewhat fitting for their situation, if ever Ji Ho moves out hehehehehe. 

Thank you! You made me smile, @wateryroseapple and now I'm reminded of the shirt-ripping scene... not too farfetched if the Pandora's Box of Ji Ho's desires are unleashed hehehehe.  Sorry for the off-topic, Spellbound post. hehehehe. 

And yes, happy tears are good too, @yusefull Though I imagine CEO Ma doing this more than Se Hee. :)

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Some eagle-eye comment in the YouTube clip of the final scene of Ep 12 saw that there were beers on Ji Ho's table-desk in her room. I'm guessing they needed some beer before going to bed...?

Hahahaha I wonder though... to get sleepy? To quell their nervousness? 

I guess that's why alcohol is called liquid courage, hehehehe. 

Though, wouldn't alcohol lower their inhibitions... hehehehhe

WS8aQqX.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOL 10

3 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Some eagle-eye comment in the YouTube clip of the final scene of Ep 12 saw that there were beers on Ji Ho's table-desk in her room. I'm guessing they needed some beer before going to bed...?

Hahahaha I wonder though... to get sleepy? To quell their nervousness? 

I guess that's why alcohol is called liquid courage, hehehehe. 

Though won't alcohol lower their inhibitions... hehehehhe

Eh, the cat is on the bed too

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 7
  • LOL 8

12 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Does the Myers-Briggs test result change depending on your mood? Because mine changes all the time. Sometimes I'm an INTJ, sometimes and INTP, sometimes and INFP, INFJ... it just always changes for me. The only one that stays consistent is I and N (realised that even this changes! Sometimes I'm an S.). Right now, I'm an INTP. Long ago, I used to frequently log in as an INTJ.

Last time I used to be a SeHee (you'll have to fight me to pry cold hard cash out of my fingers for darts if I don't like you!), but now, I'm like a chill SeHee. LOL. I have a feeling SeHee is going to turn out that way too. His expressions are hilariously obvious - when he's caught off guard, his feelings are all written on his face - SO. CLEARLY. That, to me, just shows that he's been pushing all his emotions down. Maybe when it comes to kitty and his future family with JiHo, he'll be an INTP but with everyone else he doesn't care about, a cold hard INTJ. Hehehehe. But that's so weird. INTP and INTJs, even though differ by just one letter, think very differently and their motivators are very different too.

In any case, when both types decide that someone's important to them, both profiles take it very personally, to the end. It like, all or nothing when it comes to relationships - mostly because it's hard to find people who understand us? Maybe?

i dont know .. questions r so predictable that you can do watever u like.. there is this gallup survey companies do to hire employees.. widespread... 170 ques 20 sec per question... i tell you, i got exactly what i was gunning for and i know i don't have those temperaments

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

He did nearly cry here though :D Look at those red eyes and that little sigh of relief haha

6iny2sv.gif

• Like 11

2 hours ago, trollasticwives said:

We often sacrifice dreams for a lot of things, but trying to remain with our heads in the clouds is where we often find ourselves the most ungrounded - in this case, WS only dreams about making HR happy and of his apps. 

He sacrificed the app for HR's happiness, but even then - he's sacrificed his own happiness for her. She's sacrificed her youth for him, and ultimately - they're both dreamers. She dreams of being a housewife, with kids and kissing her husband as he goes to work every day, and he dreams of nothing more than today (the present circumstances) and of his app. They're bound to just be unhappy, for as long as they stay together because now it's lying, being resentful towards one another that will ultimately lead to hatred. 

He will blame her, down the line, if an app comes along that's similar to his own, or if the app he helped developed suddenly becomes great. 

She will blame him, for taking away her youth, and making her work for him, and for them, while he chased his dreams and thereby denied her own. 

I wouldn't say that WS made a sacrifice. The app was not making any money, and he's been at it for years. If anything, the wake-up call he got was when SH asked him why he made it. He felt sad about it and cried about it to HR (who, by the way, was VERY supportive of him and defended him), but I think his giving up on it was simply the right thing to do, not for HR's sake, but for his.

Also, I think moving to SG's company was a good move for him. It doesn't seem like he's unhappy with his new job, and he's still working on a job that uses the skills he was trained for. So I would not interpret this as giving up his dream.

If this is the equation, HR is the big loser here. She had ONE dream in life, and after 7 years, he still didn't know. And even after he knows, he still asks her to wait another 5 years. WHUT. Talk about demanding a sacrifice from your partner. I'm glad that he finally realized that it is not fair, and let her go. If he's not ready to give her what she wants, that is fine. At least don't string someone along forever.

HR was 100% supportive of WS's dream. WS was clueless about HR's dream after 7 years. This is not a mutual sacrifice situation at all.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, kelmaoneko said:

He did nearly cry here though :D Look at those red eyes and that little sigh of relief haha

I think re-watching Episodes 11 and 12 over and over and OVER again made me blind to the epic moments before them. So sorry... I'll try to refresh my memory :).

I guess I'm wanting a big Saranghae moment. Not like a flash mob dancing in the park kind, but hopefully something uniquely Se Hee. Something that indicates his complete and utter surrender to his feelings for Ji Ho. Of course, I'm not expecting this next week but at least by the finale? 

Speaking of red eyes... his eyes were so red in the bus ride to Seoul from Namhae. Boy, I hope these actors are getting some rest. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, teep523 said:

But I don't think SH is being very good at taking it slow if he is rly taking it slow hahaha I mean.. The kiss took place on a Friday, and SH took her out on a date immediately the next day, a Saturday.. And on the same night after the date, he asks her if she wants to sleep together?? I think their relationship is actually progressing at the speed of light and he's pretty hasty abt it alr :lol: it just seems a little slow cos JH, in her love daze, complains abt it being slow... 

Also if you think abt it.. The ancestral rites at SH's house happened only earlier that week... I wonder how much time has passed since their wedding though.. It doesn't seem like much.

I  think SH has a pretty hasty personality actually and it's pretty funny if this is his best attempt at taking it slow :lol: and maybe we give SH too much credit sometimes... Maybe he's actually just bewildered by all his feels inside and is purely acting on instinct. I mean.. If JM was his only other love experience other than JH.. I don't think he has much experience to fall back on either haha

Well, times passing pretty quickly - they’ve been married for about a month, at the minimum so far. 

How do i know? 

She paid monthly rent at least once since they got married haha 

to be honest, I’m very, VERY confused about JM. Mainly because while it seems as though SH was in love/wanted to marry her and she broke his heart, SG bet on SH being asexual. Something’s missing here! 

Did she and SH have a very close friendship, and she ask him to be his beard or something? Were they just friends? Does he think he ruined something for her? 

Gahh i want answers! 

20 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

I wouldn't say that WS made a sacrifice. The app was not making any money, and he's been at it for years. If anything, the wake-up call he got was when SH asked him why he made it. He felt sad about it and cried about it to HR (who, by the way, was VERY supportive of him and defended him), but I think his giving up on it was simply the right thing to do, not for HR's sake, but for his.

Also, I think moving to SG's company was a good move for him. It doesn't seem like he's unhappy with his new job, and he's still working on a job that uses the skills he was trained for. So I would not interpret this as giving up his dream.

If this is the equation, HR is the big loser here. She had ONE dream in life, and after 7 years, he still didn't know. And even after he knows, he still asks her to wait another 5 years. WHUT. Talk about demanding a sacrifice from your partner. I'm glad that he finally realized that it is not fair, and let her go. If he's not ready to give her what she wants, that is fine. At least don't string someone along forever.

HR was 100% supportive of WS's dream. WS was clueless about HR's dream after 7 years. This is not a mutual sacrifice situation at all.

I think he was ashamed, but still believed in it. He looked pretty hurt when he left his friends, and breezed over the topic when telling HR about how they reacted to him getting a “real job”

i definitely agree - he was at the age where he had to make changes, so moving to SGs company was the right move, but I’m still unsure if he moved for him, or he moved for HR. Even afterwards, when he explained how embarrassed he was, he quickly began to talk about other games showing that he’s still very creative, just not good at marketing etc. 

i think both of them are just day dreamers, who keep holding onto things that are comfortable rather than moving on as most would do. Once you get comfortable, it’s hard to break habit 

2 hours ago, teep523 said:

It has to be at least a couple months no????? Because JH sister in law is now obviously showing in her pregnancy. She looks like she could be about 7-8 months pregnant there. Speaking from experience with 3 pregnancies. :tongue: Unless of course, the drama didn't think it through in terms of time management and just decided to make the sister in law look more pregnant. But for sure if it was thought out, this is several months in. 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, trollasticwives said:

Well, times passing pretty quickly - they’ve been married for about a month, at the minimum so far. 

How do i know? 

She paid monthly rent at least once since they got married haha 

to be honest, I’m very, VERY confused about JM. Mainly because while it seems as though SH was in love/wanted to marry her and she broke his heart, SG bet on SH being asexual. Something’s missing here! 

Did she and SH have a very close friendship, and she ask him to be his beard or something? Were they just friends? Does he think he ruined something for her? 

I still believe that JM like girls. I don't know if it's only girl but I think SH dad find out about it and treat her really badly about it. Maybe before they accepted her as a daughter and treat her really well then stop.

And the way she talk about marriage in the preview make me think it was a contract and not love.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, trollasticwives said:

I think he just said he was asexual NOW because he hasn't been in another relationship after 12 years, so maybe SG just assumed SH no longer wanted to be in relationships and chosen the life of celibacy? haha. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I still believe that JM like girls. I don't know if it's only girl but I think SH dad find out about it and treat her really badly about it. Maybe before they accepted her as a daughter and treat her really well then stop.

And the way she talk about marriage in the preview make me think it was a contract and not love.

I’ll need to revisit the preview, but she seemed super sensual to JH with the earring like lol if a girl did that to me I’d be questioning her a little or at least ask her to buy me a drink lol! 

That could be it - SH and JM become good friends, she confides that she’s into girls, asks if he could marry her to help her out, he agrees because they’re really good friends and he deeply cares for her... 

ill need to double check the break up scene too lel just to make sure this makes sense 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:16 AM, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

It was building up from Ep 1. Even if they weren't involved yet. I know I've said this before that he is deliberate with whom he engages with. He could have easily let Ji Ho go after the back-slapping, inadvertent rejection, he could have walked away from the bus stop and made an excuse (he could have even been perfectly rude about it, too. She is still a stranger.)

I agree. Even during those times when he hurt her feelings by drawing lines (asking her not to rename his cat, etc.) he did it out of consideration for her. In his own way, he was looking out for her.

I think that is what happened in Ep.12 also. When he said they should sit apart on the bus, I think he wanted to create some distance on purpose. I think he is reacting to JH's brother's comment in the car that when JH gives her heart to someone, she becomes devoted for life, and he wanted to step back and give her space, because he felt unworthy of that devotion.

I have no idea what happened to him and Jeong-Min in the past but we do know that it was a very bitter breakup, his father was somehow involved, and he feels guilty and responsible for hurting her.

I believe that she is not the Dreaded Ex who is going to manipulate the couple and try to interfere. I believe that she and SeHee will finally have a chance to get some closure and forgiveness for each other.

I think Rang-Seok is in big trouble. I think they're adorable, and I was rooting for them, but they are not good for each other at all, right now. While Seok is full of problems - selfish, but worse, he is completely unaware of his selfishness and believes that he's doing his very best to please Rang, Rang is a problem, too.

She is very ambitious in her own way. For example, she worked hard to retain the Seoul "accent" even though she moved to Namhae in kindergarten. She had *very* specific future goals (self-made rich man who received venture capital funding) and probably pursued that goal with determination. If anything, she may have been the one who pressured Seok to develop his own app instead of getting a job. After all, she wants to make him into Mark "Jukebox." (Zuckerberg) Seok mentioned that Rang hung out at SNU with JH and SJ more than at her own school. Just to see her girlfriends? No. Clearly she was husband-hunting.

If Ji-Ho was not focused enough on her future success, Rang is the opposite, that's for sure.

Well, don't worry everyone. Happy endings for all, I'm sure.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, mapleoaks4 said:

I think he just said he was asexual NOW because he hasn't been in another relationship after 12 years, so maybe SG just assumed SH no longer wanted to be in relationships and chosen the life of celibacy? haha. 

Even then, I’m not sure if I would bet on a friend being asexual if I knew they had been in a relationship with someone - especially not $50 because I might lose money!! Hehe

But see, that confuses me because most of the time, their assumptions about one another are completely correct - SH guesses when SG is crying/knows how to convince SG that he likes a girl (keep saying she’s pretty, take a shot every time SH calls JH pretty for the viewers to get quickly drunk lmao), SG knows that SH is aware of JHs feelings for him/jokingly asks if he is getting married Bc his wife is giving him rent/loves his cat. 

If theyve been friends for so long, there’s got to be something. Also, now that SG knows it’s a contract marriage, and the details, it’s really interesting that he asks if JH reminds SH of JM - does that indirectly imply a contract marriage before as well?