Kim So Hyun ❤ Yoo Seung Ho | SHy SHy Couple | SeungSo Couple | ♕ ♔ Monarch Couple

rossy5

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mindstar said:

OMG! That last pic! Thank you so much @WoozyPrincess!

It just brightened my day! :heart:

I don't think I've ever seen them THIS comfortable with a costar! ^_^

Right? I was struggling to see the dark photos and when I saw that particular photo, I took a snapshot and adjusted the brightness. It was totally worth it!

Unfortunately, I dont know how to attach photo since I dont use photobuckets etc.

When will we next see their real life interactions? The fav part of ruler was the BTS because you can see the real people there not the characters! 

Just want to see them together again at some event or something interacting with each other! 

They will both likely change their ideal types with their new dramas. Which is also a smart thing to do because you can avoid getting caught up in unnecessary scandals and people will always pass it off as promotional fan service. Still, do wish they'd name each other as ideal types even unrelated to Ruler promotions. 

Missing Shy Shy! :(

41 minutes ago, mindstar said:

When will we next see their real life interactions? The fav part of ruler was the BTS because you can see the real people there not the characters! 

Just want to see them together again at some event or something interacting with each other! 

They will both likely change their ideal types with their new dramas. Which is also a smart thing to do because you can avoid getting caught up in unnecessary scandals and people will always pass it off as promotional fan service. Still, do wish they'd name each other as ideal types even unrelated to Ruler promotions. 

Missing Shy Shy! :(

Me too! I want to see them together, or at the same event.  I keep on rewatching the press conference and VLive and a few favourite BTS just to enjoy their interactions. This must be the driest ship to sail with them refusing to delurk together. 

I do think they are both smart and private individuals. They surely understand the implication of any potential scandals and would be very careful. BUt, but.. that just make our life even more difficult.

I'm waiting for anyone to translate the Korean articles from their respective magazines, but I did not see any. SO sad.

@WoozyPrincess It doesn't seem like they have mentioned each other in their most recent magazine interviews which is probably why there aren't any translations yet. Yes, they are both very very private and level headed people so we can be sure they won't do anything to let rumors about their relationship spread. Is it weird that I both like and hate that! :lol:

Still, am glad to know Ruler team still keeps in touch and spends time together. After spending 7 months on set together and braving 3 seasons they must be very close now! Though it would be nice to have some selcas of Shy Shy with other casts!

Keep wishing that at least for the year end awards we can see them together again! Please make it happen Universe!

Also, for them to win best couple! I want to see how they'll react and what sort of speech they'll give! Needs to happen! 

True, I didn't see sohyun name on NYLON interview (I didn't see it myself though, only try to find her name on the NYLON pages photo that posted by someone on instagram). It's sad but a little bit strange. they did the interview on August when YSH still hasn't get the offer for his new drama. 

I watch their BTS and VLive for countless time. And it still makes me excited. Silly me :mellow:

and about the real life interaction, look at YSH expression here. He looked a little bit angry, maybe he still felt annoyed and jealous by KSH and Shin Hyun Soo "friendly interraction" B)

VxKN6pDAkt-07In7vf1TAOHQYtcCtatb2G2Tp6NfVG_hTxT7ORR5YuLNCmZUOyoFUXR37CpGsThxjf8krL_YYokh7dnZ0lddAoCs09E30TU-BjXVktr5q2tQhIEyAsFGFeLUUtRNC8ka5UvG6SFSOSUM7p32kpNCPdz3-nLqfatpMAs1pWMBBwlCZpWgZQa1Lzo9DFFICUdVh_jQmNZWOXWgQ8Cdcc4jbP2Gr7pG4vQ7qwYXOcOwKbwceqykbWvMt-m4FwiIck82zhdtAIe6Db2QpukV2ACDZ-umz1BY7cyV0XvrW8_LHiEK4OIAy9JCENiiKSkQCibgbCkngRIloYkK6mK0EvRdhosPZ3GuWQ6txcJIhlNDoQijOMsuYDf2GWKBsoRmy9qh4JnudvUKNstf4QktkmM6pS_ziUtrM3fuBcLhzIyAA3O20JJC1Ma0CQKqTeVLduegTt8ms8-O3PK3nRdgd5Jk0swoHgMNw9eAXphwNDwiTOp7W0hCtA73VyFIH8JXlCOQ83A6_OF8YqL8WCbrA0WzPSCe-p83uvMB8JuPDHZILEzuxxhO23QUI4gEH5G_GmIdESbh823jT-PNKrZFJVkxaeYKzC-4Ew=w1092-h614-no

Is it just me and my delulu mind or anyone notice it as well? :D

1 hour ago, MsSubak said:

True, I didn't see sohyun name on NYLON interview (I didn't see it myself though, only try to find her name on the NYLON pages photo that posted by someone on instagram). It's sad but a little bit strange. they did the interview on August when YSH still hasn't get the offer for his new drama. 

I watch their BTS and VLive for countless time. And it still makes me excited. Silly me :mellow:

and about the real life interaction, look at YSH expression here. He looked a little bit angry, maybe he still felt annoyed and jealous by KSH and Shin Hyun Soo "friendly interraction" B)

Is it just me and my delulu mind or anyone notice it as well? :D

I found it so funny that the crew of Ruler also seemed to be shipping them! Also MBC releasing so many BTS videos from IMY and even making a Ruler-IMY crossover video! :lol:

YSH face after KSH moment with SHS and then again in the last filming scene of LS death when all the 'men' were surrounding KSH and YSH was staring at them even from afar! :lol::lol:

He's so terrible at hiding at his jealousy/annoyance! But my favs will always be that impromtu hug on her birthday and KSH hitting YSH arm during the MBC section TV interview!! Not to mention that just after he finished saying that line about 'smashin noonas hearts' he sort of automatically looks at KSH!

These two are seasoned actors known for being extremely guarded about their lives and I honestly can't remember them ever acting like this around colleagues before! Maybe its because they are finally growing up or learning to be more open and friendly but their actions surprised me because I have never in any interview seen them act like this!

Their BTS interactions is what made me really fall for them more than anything and the VLive cemented it! Many thanks to whoever came up with the idea of having that VLive and managed to convince both of them to take part in it! For me it was the best part of the entire production!

The love for YSH-KSH couple was strong and its what really kept the ratings going more than anything else. They really deserve a Best Couple Award and a reunion in a really good modern day romcom!

@mindstar I'm agree with you, the hug is definitely the starter point for SHYSHY shipper (especially me) to be addicted with their chemistry, although their interaction before was already sweet and unusual... :wub:

Ruler PD nim was also realized that seungho felt the jealousy when L was trying to add skinship with sohyun in his final scene. PD nim said that it was unnecessary because seungho (seja) was there. After sohyun jokingly said that it was okay to add skinship because L was going to die anyway, everyone laughed but seungho kept quiet and PD nim immediately looked at him.

s6h5u6wxMY_dT50W1qkolhlY_YTso5dqvlLjDQxhlNxvWDLxVh3n9rng1UpdUS3uqpQKrad7dY27cCX9tvnf8b_7JuAru7AIAKjIR3k2QFIXpFfA1AQ4M40Dg-yuWspjZFO8nhjpSPSJVI3qr96lkecJhjvcGfbfylhWXX2AycJu9M0MifA7GeNoI_SDvoxnVTMykSXu_JF_grOM3S6WksClS9KGSZLKovTcn55abPRkxq5fzERv8AgrB7gE0kgL8Lg4xPCybdI_5r0eKgK0QpHbcx2vgLTGoOZg3p3Mvvs9xwSwFCS7If4Io0LQoWALSj24YVWMjwSC3jCE7CFFMMmOCoUi0nGDYXhArFS0C0KxiccNanFclsh0CDL-66189rC6cu_b-5yIQUvrPSTOEhrDrJR-l1WIF-IuWjejob8SgBzlD5jKLN8saHbEHYPPJKP3XjsbKOe9KkwZOYzZFUHebAMxdv2vmEnXvE5Xv3IdU4gZQc0haJPvrCTXkDL6p4cKfPv0v9UugkQJOZO417_XWXYQJtdkUU9xgeHVKVXksIYhyEXx7VI8LTqq0OrcuQ_yy-xbb4G_RkQ-Ze8KWFjMtzBEV626TqwnZW5dNA=w1092-h614-no

(there we go again, never get enough to talk about their BTS :wub: miss them so much :()

It seems like MBC and Ruler Crew knew that the highlight of the drama is their chemistry (maybe they knew about their true feeling as well). Even all BTS are about them. So sad that there were only few romantic scene, that's way everyone want them to work together again in a another project.
Romantic comedy, many lovey-dovey scenes and lovely BTS of them will be the greatest combination. Hoping that it will be realized soon.
Moreover if they promote their new drama in a variety show and go overseas for filming and promote as well, it will feel like a heaven! 
:blush:

Hahaha! Glad I'm not the only one who found it weird that YSH didn't laugh at that point! He just kept talking about the script! :lol:

I loved the intense stare he gave KSH after their first kiss scene! But what's more interesting is that they kept that stare in the BTS footage they released. I mean they could easily have edited it out or something but they kept that scene! It almost felt like the production team was trying to send a message to the audience! Or maybe I'm just delusional! :lol:

Did the Ruler DVD ever get made does anyone know? I remember the PD said there were a lot more SeungSo scenes that he hadn't been able to release but he wanted to share in the Director's Cut DVD version if it happened. I really hope someone leaks those scenes even if the DVD doesn't end up happening for whatever reason! I need more Shy Shy BTS videos!! Their real life interactions is the best! :D 

Hahahaha, if we watch the scene in the drama after watching the BTS, we will realize that YSH didn't have many dialogue in that scene, but he kept read the script. Even he hit his head with his finger several time, seemed frustrated to memorize his dialogue, before he fanned himself with the script. maybe he felt hot inside :lol:

If they decide to make Ruler DVD, I think they will release it after Ruler finish airing in Japan, just like LFG.

I hope someone will upload the unseen BTS.

we want more BTS! :D

46 minutes ago, mindstar said:

Hahaha! Glad I'm not the only one who found it weird that YSH didn't laugh at that point! He just kept talking about the script! :lol:

I loved the intense stare he gave KSH after their first kiss scene! But what's more interesting is that they kept that stare in the BTS footage they released. I mean they could easily have edited it out or something but they kept that scene! It almost felt like the production team was trying to send a message to the audience! Or maybe I'm just delusional! :lol:

Did the Ruler DVD ever get made does anyone know? I remember the PD said there were a lot more SeungSo scenes that he hadn't been able to release but he wanted to share in the Director's Cut DVD version if it happened. I really hope someone leaks those scenes even if the DVD doesn't end up happening for whatever reason! I need more Shy Shy BTS videos!! Their real life interactions is the best! :D 

Hahaha, I do believe everyone in the production house shipped Shyshycouple. I am sure of it.

Wait, wait, lot more SeonGaEun scenes?!

money_on_screen_gif_by_cartoontriper-d74

Just TAKE MY MONEY and GIMME! :lol:

BTW I know one scene that was cut. It was after he became King, the leaked picture showed him walking with the Dowager Queen and GaEun following them but they never showed that scene in the episode. In fact they directly showed our King noticing her scratches and putting ointment on them.

this is my first time post in Soompi forum because i am not really good in English
I really love your posts/theories about our Shyshy couple :D
I just find out something and want to share with everybody
At 0:48, if you set slow speed mode, you'll hear Seung Ho talks to So Hyun "ah Sso ah, why..."
"Sso" is Sohyun's fav nickmame and only who is really close to her call it, I only know her BFF Jiwoo and Red Velvet's Yeri call her by "Sso", Jiwoo in her Twitter and in the letter she sends Sohyun on Nylon mag, Yeri calls her on her Instagram Live
I asked some Seung Ho's fans and they said he never calls his co-star like this before
So I think they're really close to each other, Seung Ho calls Sohyunie when he talks to other people and calls Sso when he talks to her
this is BTS video

Sorry for my bad English

Oh really! Thanks for the info @MsSubak! I didn't know that!

Really really hope they make a DVD so that we can be blessed with more Shy Shy BTS scenes!!

We need more of their real life interactions! Its the least the production can do for us!

@YourHighness .  Hahahaha! I totally related to that GIF!! :wink:

Oh now that you mention it! You're right! And Mae Chang must have been at the scene too because we have a BTS selca with Queen, KSH and MC. Remember? Wonder why they cut out that scene? :huh:

@MinnieNg Welcome to the forum chingu! And thanks for sharing your thoughts! Always love more Shy Shy shippers! :D

Yes I agree! He calls her Sso! I noticed it too when the BTS video first came out! Just show how CLOSE they really are!

Its strange for either of them to have such a relationship with their costars! In complete support of their close relationship! :D

But if you look at the first BTS and then the last BTS videos you can tell how their relationship has grown over the past 7 months!

One of the best thing that came out of Ruler is the 'friendship' of YSH-KSH! :heart:

@MinnieNg Thanks for sharing. I didn't notice it before.:wub: Did YSH also call her Sso-ah during V-live?

@mindstar Maybe they wanted some alone time scene for SeonGaEun where he notices her wounds and applies ointment? If they had shown that scene with Dowager Queen then it would have meant our King not noticing GaEun's wounds which would not have made sense since he was so in tune with her and even a scratch on her was unbearable to him. Or he noticing it and caring for her wounds in front of the Dowager Queen and others. Not much privacy in that scenario.

BTW interesting article about YSH and his bromance with the IANAR PD. :lol: I hope his character cries the minimum in the show.

@MinnieNg welcome aboard chingu :)

@mindstar you're welcome :) 

because the screenwriters messed it up, at least they can give us more ShyShy BTS moments :mellow:

At first BTS KSH talked to YSH formally and we can still feel the awkwardness between them. But in 7 months they definitely became closer, now they keep teasing and touching each other and their body languages showed us how close they are.

I think one of the reason for their closeness is that they shared a same feeling and experiences, YSH got hurt in Remember as the second male lead took the spotlight, and in Ruler KSH was the one who got hurt as the screenwriters messed her character and gave the second female lead character the spotlight.

Here is another still cuts for IANAR

source : http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002722599

0002722599_001_20171026080959512.jpg?type=w430_q70

The article talks about YSH "honey chemistry romance" with Jung Dae Yoon PD. So, one of the drama highlight is about bromance of the main lead with the PD :lol:

I'm glad that YSH works with a great PD and he can enjoy the filming, like KSH enjoyed her time in WYWS.

I hope when the time comes for them to work in a drama together, they will meet a great PD and great screenwriter so that they can enjoy the filming, no more controversy and they can share happy memories :) 

3 hours ago, MsSubak said:

@MinnieNg welcome aboard chingu :)

@mindstar you're welcome :) 

because the screenwriters messed it up, at least they can give us more ShyShy BTS moments :mellow:

At first BTS KSH talked to YSH formally and we can still feel the awkwardness between them. But in 7 months they definitely became closer, now they keep teasing and touching each other and their body languages showed us how close they are.

I think one of the reason for their closeness is that they shared a same feeling and experiences, YSH got hurt in Remember as the second male lead took the spotlight, and in Ruler KSH was the one who got hurt as the screenwriters messed her character and gave the second female lead character the spotlight.

Here is another still cuts for IANAR

source : http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002722599

The article talks about YSH "honey chemistry romance" with Jung Dae Yoon PD. So, one of the drama highlight is about bromance of the main lead with the PD :lol:

I'm glad that YSH works with a great PD and he can enjoy the filming, like KSH enjoyed her time in WYWS.

I hope when the time comes for them to work in a drama together, they will meet a great PD and great screenwriter so that they can enjoy the filming, no more controversy and they can share happy memories :) 

Oh Really? The second lead in Remember took spotlight? How? Wasn't it was all about YSH's character trying to get justice?

Also, in hindsight, I don't think the screenwriters gave more spotlight to HwaGun at all. Most of the story progression came from GaEun's character. It was because of her that Seja wanted to fight PSGroup. It was she who  found out about the poppyseed poison. She found the placenta jar. She saved the King by putting herself in personal peril. She took the poison and saved his Kingdom from rebelling and kicking him out as a King.

HwaGun had all the information and help from Gon. She never did anything by herself. The problem was that her help was more in the face while GE's help was more subtle and scattered across the whole show. Another problem was that viewers only saw the obvious and did not see the whole picture.

Infact it was Hwa Gun who brought about the whole tragedy in the show due to her obsession. If she hadn't coaxed the Bureau chief to find and punish Lee Sun's dad just to see Seja then none of the parents would have died. Seja and GE would not have had to go through such hardships and heartbreak. She never deserved any appreciation that she got TBH.

More than anything what really annoyed me about GE character was the constant crying! I agree with YSH and BYR, which episode does GE not cry in!! Its why HG character seemed 'cooler' even though she really was selfish in her love till then end choosing  a one-sided love over family or loyalty and even taking 'revenge' for the sake of the blind love. But both the second leads have an obsessively destructive love that made no sense plot wise and contributed nothing to the story except to make the main leads loveline look 'weak' in comparison because it wasn't 'passionate' enough. I thought the leads had a very understated but devoted love towards each other the only problem I had with it was the lack of cohesion which lead to the deep love's development.

The writing is what failed the drama majorly and no amount of acting talent could save it. In a sense I think this writer has the same weakness as KES, in that they are better at adding layers to secondary characters than lead characters. She may overcome this problem overtime or might become a star writer like KES without ever getting better at writing but overcoming  it by casting popular leads who will bring in ratings and audience love regardless. 

Either way, as long as we got YSH-KSH pairing its worth even a bad script and show because now its left people wanting more! Next time all they need is a good script and PD because they have chemistry in spades! :blush:

@YourHighness . I'm sorry if I said something wrong.

What I mean about took the spotlight here is that everyone was paying more attention to NGM, look at how many awards and nominations, and praises he got. I think it's because he made everyone hated his character. For most audience point of view, the strongest character of the drama is the one who can leave them a great impression, and mostly it's the antagonist one. I'm not saying that YSH did't leave a strong impression for audience, he did a great job and his acting and character was great, but maybe most of the audience impressed by how evil NGM character was.

Of course I love GaEun character more, and for my point of view she is the one who loves Seja unconditionally, and did everything not only for seja but for people of joseon, compare to HwaGoon obsession.

I'm not trying to praise hwagoon at all.

But I think, GaEun had few screen time and mostly cried. Also when HG appeared she always did something for seja (based on her obsession), even it made seja looked weak.

The screenwriter gave GE subtle task while HG did palpable task. Most audience can't see it. That's the problem.

The synopsis and the drama was also different.

They even held the script reading three times, because the script finished far from prediction. The filming also finished late.

It was so sad, KSH did all the promotion, Vlive and SNS.

The next episode preview always showed us GE character, but when the episode aired she only appeared in few minutes.

even sohyun left a message in her fan cafe, told her fans not to worry about her and  she felt sorry because her fans only saw her cried all the time in Ruler. 

She also shared her opinion about it on Vlive (she said that gaeun cried in most episodes) and Ruler post interview. She blamed herself that she was the one who can't understand her character. KNetizen also got mad at Ruler screenwriter. The scriptwriter apologized to her at the wrap up party and cried, KSH also cried.

KSH felt down and lost her confidence.

Now KSH and YSH don't get any nomination in any awards, while sohee got one for seoul awards.

of course I'm not blaming sohee.

again, I'm sorry chingu.

Archived