Karaoke In Sydney!

Guest y_yuen12

Guest y_yuen12

anyone know good places?
anyone know any good places to sing karaoke in sydney?

are they safe?

=S

i heard that they're not too good.. as in theres alcohol ad prostitues and stuff.. =/

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh prsitutes and alcohol? o-O please tell me where these karaokes are =D

lol the ones around geroge street have a lot of young people going there to have fun, and yea they safe

theres k on the block with galaxy, next to the metro mart thingo, its upstairs

umm theres one under capitol, k sqaure

japanese one up from galaxy buh its pretty dodgey

greenbox has a lot of chinese songs and its behind galaxy

and greenbox plus nearby uhh dont know exact directions buh its goot

bleh someone else should take it away from here

i've never seen a seedy karaoke and i've been to a fair few...

here's a list of some

Phoenix (Dixon Street)

Green Box (Pitt st)

Green Box Plus (opposite World Square)

Red Box (pitt street)

K Square (capitol)

Big Echo (pitt st)

Cash Box (Dixon st)

Viva (dunno where this one is)

can't think of any more at the moment

btw, apparently one karaoke near Hyde Park is haunted :unsure:

Guest Raindeer

K-world or something, I went there about 827 years ago, haven't been back since

rhap has pretty much mentioned most of the ones that are normal ?

There is drinking usually on weekend nights because people bring their own alcohol and play drinking games. As for prostitutes, I've never encountered any at those places O_O

Viva is on Kent St

Guest _yinsyung*--

If you're looking for one of those chinese ones with some english songs then i would recommend

oo1; big echo - which is up pitt street; it has relatively newer songs

oo2; greenbox - also on pitt street, although it's floors are always sticky for some reason

oo3; k squared - i've only been once; but it's really pretty and you're still paying relatively the same price. This one's underneath capitol square on george street.

other ones i've been to are kbox, cashbox, phoenix/neway, greenbox plus- all relatively okay

the thing about some of these that may make them look dodgy is the fact you have to go underground which may seem a bit...gangsterish. but really, if you go during the daytime they're all quite safe.

at most times, people that do drink alcohol will do so in their own karaoke room so it shouldn't be a problem even if you do go at night. but if you want to feel safer, i suggest going in the day to try it out.

prices should be no more than $5/hr; and most chiense places have specials e.g. free drinks (non-alcoholic) and 3 hours for $10 etc.

i've only been to korean noraebang once, that was at FMradio in Strathfield opposite the chinese restaurant near the station.

that was i think $10/hour or some rippoff price like that.

there were people smoking out the front but nothing dangerous...

hope i helped :D

{edit} i've been k-ing for a good 3-4 years and i've never once encountered any prostitutes or anything close to that kind; nor drunks - or even people holding beer for that matter. and i've been at both day and nighttime.

karaoke these days is a largely family friendly environment so go with your younger siblings (ifyou have any) if you want to - i do :x

-yinyin

Guest twinkle_l0ve

ahhahhaha aww, k isnt too bad in sydney =)

i usually go to

[x] live - city

[x] eastwood karaoke

[x] chatswood karaoke

[x] epping karaoke.

prices are pretty cheap if you split it between friends

have fun at karaoke^^

the english songs are really bad though - think backstreet boys, britney spears and some other pop stuff from the late 90s early 2000s....though Green Box does have This Love by Maroon 5....otherwise, there are a lot english songs from the 80s...

btw, they have ridiculous video clips that substitute the MV for eng songs

Guest MUSTARD*

IMO

Big Echo and K Mix are pretty cheap!

Greenbox Plus looks really cool!

And I've never been to RedBox but in Hong Kong they have Karaoke Buffet.. wish they had it here.. (LIKE IN THE LOVE AT FIRST NOTE MOVIE!)

Guest Raindeer

don't go at night if u dun wanna see drunks walking around, they have a rule at all karaokes is no drinking or smoking in the lobby area, so u won't see any of that, but you will see people waiting to go into rooms in the lobby, plus at night they have security guards so it should be ok.

don't goto greenbox the old one, its absolutely disgusting, if u really want, goto greenbox plus, the price is not that much different

Guest silentdreamer016

the ones i go to are

sydney 노래방 in george st in the city.

소리(sori) 노래방 in the boulevarde, strathfield. on top of seven eleven. its NEW! ive been there last week. and all this month was $2 per person per hour on weekdays before 6pm. its one of the ones, that actually LOOK korean. the other ones are...not so much

fm 노래방 in strathfield.

hey joceline, you could ask me at school =p

oh wait, it's holidays now hahas xp

anyways.

sydney nrb on george st - used to be good, new decor rocks but i hate the new company they're with;; i prefer KUMYOUNG

live nrb in city

greenbox for more english songs

eastwood

FM in stra

............ they're the main ones i go to^^;

muchlove!

-jisoo

just a question: are music studios the same as karaokes? Because i was just walking around Strathfield today (well actually i'm in a net cafe in Strathfield right now) and i see a couple of music studios so i thought they were places were singers trained?

Guest dreamstar

theres like millions [exaggeration] karaoke places in the city..

redbox have a good sound quality tho.. but the place is small..

cashbox and k-world is not bad too, just that k-world are usually tad bit outdated

uhhh , viva is like where all the gang members hang out

it seems that ksquare (the one i go to) is the best imo =P...updated songs, decent service buttt expensive drinks (4$ for a greentea =.=")

greenbox is good but its not as updated

big echo, is old so u might as well go to ksquare

^really, the last time i went to ksquare i found that my room smelt like smoke (worse than any other one i've been in) and songs weren't updated and the microphones didn't really work - but that was when it first opened so it could have changed now...one thing i loved about ksquare, however, was the little covers that went over the microphones - nifty...

i also have a $30 voucher to ksquare - don't know when i'm going to go next though

Guest baybiifusion

met Ella Koon at K-Squared ^^;

never been to Cashbox but my friend knows the owner or something

and she goes it's gangster LOL

Guest gerlie777

i wen to Live the other day near george st .. sorry dont know exactly where but it was good .. but if ur there with frends and ur not enjoying the fact of them screaming their heads off , dont go there lol, coz the guy adds soooo many more minutes than u ask for .. its annoying =.= lol , but the guy who works there is kinda cute ^^

but its good there coz they are updated with the lates korean, japanese and english song .. lol , and its kinda weird how they have the wrong mvs for the wrong song ..lol

Guest Raindeer

omg greenbox imo sucks so much, the toilets are absolutely soiled and the remotes are old and the tv's screens are all yellowed, if u really want to goto greenbox, goto greenbox plus coz its much newer and service is really good. I go there practicallly every friday night or saturday night so I'm pretty sure of the stuff.

K-mix has a good sound system but big echo's sound is not that good

Archived