Broadcast: Dec 3, 2016 - Apr 8, 2017

Cast:
Lego Lee
Cindy Lien
Gabriel Lan
Serena Fang
Fan Chen Fei

Sinopsis:

A popular Chinese folklore tells of how the Jade Emperor, the king of gods, expelled the angels Golden Boy and Jade Girl from heaven to the human world. There, they are cursed to a romance that spans seven lives, during which they could never be together. 

Gao Bing Bing (Cindy Lien) is a modern-day woman who believes she is the reincarnated Jade Girl. When she is reunited with two childhood friends, Wang Zhen (Lego Li) and Li Ru Long (Gabriel Lan), can she determine which is her Golden Boy and break the ancient curse?

Trailer:

OSTs:

Spoiler

Lego Lee - The One

田亞霍-Elvis 【打勾勾Pinky Swear 】

田亞霍-Elvis -【不要再見面】Broken Heart

田亞霍-Elvis 【It’s You】

王艷薇- 【句點】Fade Out 

顏力妃 -【忙著說再見】 GoodBye

VIKI / FACEBOOK

• 2 weeks later...

This drama had everything that would have made this a must-watch, leads with good acting skills Lego Lee and Cindy Lien (Cindy is a really talented actress, I don't think anyone who has watched A Touch of Green would deny that) as well as a good plot about them being lovers for 7 lifetimes. However, the scriptwriters took too much time focusing on the fake BL (boylove) between Wang Nuo and Bruce and also Bing Bing-Bruce that everything from episode 8 and onwards feel rushed. It would have been better if they have focused on developing the romantic feelings between Wang Nuo/Zhen and Bing Bing that build up through the different things they have been through together. Lego Lee and Cindy Lien have really good chemistry, whether it is on-screen or off-screen (their interactions in BTS are always so fun to watch), so despite the slow start of this drama I didn't think of skipping it. Hopefully the two endings next week will be good.

On 4/2/2017 at 10:05 PM, Transition said:

This drama had everything that would have made this a must-watch, leads with good acting skills Lego Lee and Cindy Lien (Cindy is a really talented actress, I don't think anyone who has watched A Touch of Green would deny that) as well as a good plot about them being lovers for 7 lifetimes. However, the scriptwriters took too much time focusing on the fake BL (boylove) between Wang Nuo and Bruce and also Bing Bing-Bruce that everything from episode 8 and onwards feel rushed. It would have been better if they have focused on developing the romantic feelings between Wang Nuo/Zhen and Bing Bing that build up through the different things they have been through together. Lego Lee and Cindy Lien have really good chemistry, whether it is on-screen or off-screen (their interactions in BTS are always so fun to watch), so despite the slow start of this drama I didn't think of skipping it. Hopefully the two endings next week will be good.

yes..lego n cindy really have good chemistry on screen..but i cant found their BTS at youtube..i really want to see their interaction off screen 

:(

On 2017-04-10 at 3:23 AM, luvHMpogu said:

yes..lego n cindy really have good chemistry on screen..but i cant found their BTS at youtube..i really want to see their interaction off screen 

:(

You can watch the BTS here http://sugoideas.com/idol-dramas/2016drama/king-romance-如朕親臨/ it is the last part of every episode. Lego and Cindy's interactions in real-life are a bit like Wang Zhen and Gao Bing Bing during the first half of the drama, in other words, they bicker a lot :tongue: He likes to make fun of her as well. 

9 hours ago, Transition said:

You can watch the BTS here http://sugoideas.com/idol-dramas/2016drama/king-romance-如朕親臨/ it is the last part of every episode. Lego and Cindy's interactions in real-life are a bit like Wang Zhen and Gao Bing Bing during the first half of the drama, in other words, they bicker a lot :tongue: He likes to make fun of her as well. 

@Transition  wow wow tq tq very much for sharing this link...i am so keen to see their interaction behind the scenes..will enjoyed watching lego n cindy interaction..i love their chemistry eventhough some people criticize cindy acting..to me cindy is fit for gao bing bing character..i don watch love at seventeen until the end bcoz i could not  feel the chemestry between lego n nikki..its just my opinion.did not intend offend who love love at 17...but in the king of romance the stare of wang nuo/wang zhen toward bing bing looks deep.. i can feel it..:D..even the time when they bickering i like it.. i hope you undestand what i mean bcoz my eng so bad..:lol:.. many2 thank again..

ps;BTS.. don understand at all what they saying..still i grining like an idiot..:grin:

On 2017-04-14 at 7:30 AM, luvHMpogu said:

@Transition  wow wow tq tq very much for sharing this link...i am so keen to see their interaction behind the scenes..will enjoyed watching lego n cindy interaction..i love their chemistry eventhough some people criticize cindy acting..to me cindy is fit for gao bing bing character..i don watch love at seventeen until the end bcoz i could not  feel the chemestry between lego n nikki..its just my opinion.did not intend offend who love love at 17...but in the king of romance the stare of wang nuo/wang zhen toward bing bing looks deep.. i can feel it..:D..even the time when they bickering i like it.. i hope you undestand what i mean bcoz my eng so bad..:lol:.. many2 thank again..

ps;BTS.. don understand at all what they saying..still i grining like an idiot..:grin:

You are welcome! I understand you just fine :) I have also seen people criticize Cindy's acting. She is still quite new so hopefully people will have that in mind and give her some time to improve. "The King of Romance" is only her third drama. I personally think she is a talented actress, probably because I have watched her debut drama "A Touch of Green" where she was really good as Zhu Qing. They should watch that drama. I believe they will get another picture of her after that. 

Here's a goodbye and thank-you message from Cindy Lien/Juliet to Lego Lee/Romeo.

Spoiler

Good night, Romeo.

Filming has wrapped up. It has always been you who secretly takes pictures of me sleeping while I have never been able to capture a picture of you sleeping. That day when we were filming in Yi Lan the weather was a little cold and I as usual fell asleep after a short while. When I woke up I found you sleeping on a chair next to me. I immediately took a picture of you secretly and then I fell asleep again. I have kept this until now and I just want to say to you: please have a good rest, Romeo. Return to your everyday life so you can get into a new role full of energy. Although I don't talk much because during filming I would always keep my soul for the character and privately I don't really know what I should talk about but I had a very good time filming with you. Thank you for giving me a lot of advice while rehearsing together, making me laugh until falling off the chair and also being creative and creating our characters together bit by bit.

I also trust you a lot. In every scene where I was suppose to fall I trusted that you would definitely catch me, that's why I didn't warn you and just let go as I believed you would be able to catch me nomatter what, because you are Romeo. At this kind of environment I would always feel that I'm not accustomed to it. Except for my passion for acting I guess everything just seem very unfamiliar to me, but you would always say "It is okay" and I would really think that everything is okay. 

Tonight when we ate together and you lifted me from the ground while whispering in my ear a lot of encouraging words. I will remember those words. Thank you for being accepting and tolerant of my everything. 

Good night, Romeo.

/晚安,羅密歐

殺青了
一起拍了四個多月
每次都是我睡著你偷拍我
我從來沒有一次拍到你睡著
那天在宜蘭拍攝
天氣涼涼的
我也是一下就睡著了
醒來的時候發現你就睡在旁邊椅子上
立刻偷偷拍了一張
然後又瞬間睡著
藏在這一刻
跟你說
好好休息吧
羅密歐
重回生活
再充滿活力的投入新的角色

雖然聊的不多
因為我總是在拍攝時把靈魂留給角色
私底下也不太知道要說什麼
但跟你拍戲的時光非常愉快啊
謝謝你總在對戲時丟很多東西給我
讓我瞬間笑倒在地
一起很活潑的把角色一點一滴創造出來

而且我真的非常信任你喔
在所有的跌倒戲裡
我都相信你會把我接住
所以也不說一聲直接倒下去
因為劇本裡寫你會一把接住我
我相信你什麼都做得到的啊
因為你是羅密歐啊

在這個環境裡我始終有種種的不適應
除了對演戲的熱情
其他事情我可能真的是非常陌生吧
但你總是一句
沒事的
我就覺得真的會沒事的

今天吃飯
你把我抱離地面一下
在我耳邊說了很多鼓勵我的話
我會記得
謝謝你
包容小麻雀的一切
晚安

羅密歐

On 4/16/2017 at 2:55 AM, Transition said:

You are welcome! I understand you just fine :) I have also seen people criticize Cindy's acting. She is still quite new so hopefully people will have that in mind and give her some time to improve. "The King of Romance" is only her third drama. I personally think she is a talented actress, probably because I have watched her debut drama "A Touch of Green" where she was really good as Zhu Qing. They should watch that drama. I believe they will get another picture of her after that. 

Here's a goodbye and thank-you message from Cindy Lien/Juliet to Lego Lee/Romeo.

Hide contents

Good night, Romeo.

Filming has wrapped up. It has always been you who secretly takes pictures of me sleeping while I have never been able to capture a picture of you sleeping. That day when we were filming in Yi Lan the weather was a little cold and I as usual fell asleep after a short while. When I woke up I found you sleeping on a chair next to me. I immediately took a picture of you secretly and then I fell asleep again. I have kept this until now and I just want to say to you: please have a good rest, Romeo. Return to your everyday life so you can get into a new role full of energy. Although I don't talk much because during filming I would always keep my soul for the character and privately I don't really know what I should talk about but I had a very good time filming with you. Thank you for giving me a lot of advice while rehearsing together, making me laugh until falling off the chair and also being creative and creating our characters together bit by bit.

I also trust you a lot. In every scene where I was suppose to fall I trusted that you would definitely catch me, that's why I didn't warn you and just let go as I believed you would be able to catch me nomatter what, because you are Romeo. At this kind of environment I would always feel that I'm not accustomed to it. Except for my passion for acting I guess everything just seem very unfamiliar to me, but you would always say "It is okay" and I would really think that everything is okay. 

Tonight when we ate together and you lifted me from the ground while whispering in my ear a lot of encouraging words. I will remember those words. Thank you for being accepting and tolerant of my everything. 

Good night, Romeo.

/晚安,羅密歐

殺青了
一起拍了四個多月
每次都是我睡著你偷拍我
我從來沒有一次拍到你睡著
那天在宜蘭拍攝
天氣涼涼的
我也是一下就睡著了
醒來的時候發現你就睡在旁邊椅子上
立刻偷偷拍了一張
然後又瞬間睡著
藏在這一刻
跟你說
好好休息吧
羅密歐
重回生活
再充滿活力的投入新的角色

雖然聊的不多
因為我總是在拍攝時把靈魂留給角色
私底下也不太知道要說什麼
但跟你拍戲的時光非常愉快啊
謝謝你總在對戲時丟很多東西給我
讓我瞬間笑倒在地
一起很活潑的把角色一點一滴創造出來

而且我真的非常信任你喔
在所有的跌倒戲裡
我都相信你會把我接住
所以也不說一聲直接倒下去
因為劇本裡寫你會一把接住我
我相信你什麼都做得到的啊
因為你是羅密歐啊

在這個環境裡我始終有種種的不適應
除了對演戲的熱情
其他事情我可能真的是非常陌生吧
但你總是一句
沒事的
我就覺得真的會沒事的

今天吃飯
你把我抱離地面一下
在我耳邊說了很多鼓勵我的話
我會記得
謝謝你
包容小麻雀的一切
晚安

羅密歐

thanks again for saring cindy message to lego.. i dont know how to describe my feeling..mix feeling..happy sad sweet..hopefully they will work together again in the future.. personally i like cindy face..she not so beautiful but her face caught my attention.. and her personality.. even some people criticize her but to me she a good actress..hope she got another project soon.. first i watched cindy in the king of romance..then i watched better man.. A touch of green im not really like that kind of drama but maybe  i should watched it..:)

After watching the BTS I even more like her..

love those gif..thank you @caryota...the last gif..wang zhen face..when man gets the girl he likes..:wub:

the scenes i like the most .. in ep 17..when wang zhen sent bing bing home..after wang zhen kiss bing bing and bing bing go inside..he looked at her with so deep as  he did not want  to part wth bing bing..the stare.. when man in love.. but too bad no BTS that scenes..the kiss scenes..:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

The plot somewhat reminds me of Love O2O. Er--- the lead actress - I'll admit, not a fan but Lego Li is hot so...LoL. And he plays the clichéd Tsundere-type character. I love how he obviously has feelings for Juliet/Bing2 but is indifferent & cold to her heh. The supposed shenanigans between Romeo/Wang Nuo & Bruce Li (is he related to the late Bruce Lee LoL!?:tongue:) and how the girls thought they had more than bromance goin' on! UGH there just had to be a hateful female character like Ai Zhen in each Asian drama isn't there!? The one who doesn't seem to get it but is hopeful her good deeds will somehow make Prince Charming fall for her anyway. So pathetic Pfft.

• 3 months later...

Archived