Libera

Wow...what an exciting news. I have seen " I remember you' drama. I like the story plot not cliche like normal criminal thriller police drama. But pity... the drama is underated. I love how the writer kept the momentum of the drama involving the vegeance of park bo gum as a little brother towards his hyung seo in guk. 

I think this a female centric drama becoz they approach a female lead first which is lsk. Woah...imagine her with those taekwando stunts. I hope she consider this offer.

So sad reading comments in naver. She is not a leading role material!!! For heaven sake....she is above the par to bring the drama alone. She's better than any idol actress who were being recruited so far. I do not want to mention their names ...for the respect of their fans. Lsk gives a distinctive taste for every character she held so far. She is like an open book. She gives you different vibes each time she is in character.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about some of these knetizens but I don't get the hate they're giving to LSK :( It's just so sad to read that someone who's so nice and talented is getting that amount of critique. Heyyy Lee Sung Kyung is definitely lead role material. She could even be considered a versatile one. She was great in every role she did.

I sometimes don't get korean culture, LSK is somehow not the same as other korean girl celebrities bc she displays a somehow liberated personality as she's really close to men and also and androgenic icon. Well, I know you always can't please everyone but it's just so sad to see those negative comments getting more upvotes :( 

Lee Sung-Kyung considers offer to play lead in new SBS drama; 'Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo' star talks love for music, singing

Many will be pleased to hear that Lee Sung Kyung is not planning to stay out of the limelight for long. The 26-year-old model-turned-actress is said to be in negotiations to play the lead role in an upcoming SBS drama.

After playing Kim Bok Joo in MBC's "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo," Lee is said to be receiving a lot of love calls from various projects. In particular, she has been offered the lead role in an upcoming SBS drama tentatively titled "Watch Out For This Woman."

"Lee Sung Kyung has been approached to appear in the drama, and is currently reviewing the offer," Lee's label YG Entertainment said in a statement obtained by Korean newsoutlet News Nate, as cited by Soompi. "Lee Sung Kyung is indeed one of the potential candidates for the leading role."

If she accepts the offer, Lee will play Eun Bong-Hee, a former taekwondo athlete and now a judicial apprentice. Known for her innocent and delicate appearance, the heroine suddenly finds herself a suspect in a murder case.

"Watch Out For This Woman" will be developed for television screen by producing-director (PD) Park Sun Ho. The script will be penned by Kwon Ki Young, whose previous projects include the 2015 police procedural drama "Hello Monster."

"Watch Out For This Woman" is slated to premiere on May 10, taking over the Monday-Tuesday 10:00 PM (KST) timeslot currently occupied by Lee Young-Ae and Song Seung Heon-starrer "Saimdang, Light's Diary." More details about the project will be revealed soon.

In other news, Lee recently graced the cover of Cosmopolitan Korea's February issue. In the accompanying interview with the magazine, as cited by TV Report, the actress admitted she have not forgotten about her dream of becoming a singer and has expressed her desire to enter the musical stage in the future.

"I want to sing often to release stress," Lee added. "But I lived in an apartment, so I drive and sing."

http://en.yibada.com/articles/194762/20170217/lee-sung-kyung-considers-offer-play-lead-sbs-drama.htm

@rottenxtears @sima158 Haters gonna hate, they hate her because of Cheese in The Trap and they will never get over it unless she gets some successful drama.

But talking about good things, it looks like in the Cosmopolitan Interview she said that she is planning to start a singing career :D

Just one thing make me nervous....they said the pd is a newbie. I don't  want trial and error sort of things to the drama. Making a good drama is an effort of a good team from the pd, scripwriter, the crews and actors/actress. I think we need more time to digest this news.

Woah...lsk in cosmo. What a traffic stopper!!!

19 minutes ago, sima158 said:

Just one thing make me nervous....they said the pd is a newbie. I don't  want trial and error sort of things to the drama. Making a good drama is an effort of a good team from the pd, scripwriter, the crews and actors/actress. I think we need more time to digest this news.

Woah...lsk in cosmo. What a traffic stopper!!!

I saw the PD is a newbie so he can be really good or really bad or just ordinary. For now she is still considering, so it's still early to think about it, but i like the story and i think it fits Lee Sung Kyung. We will see what she decide. From the article it seems that she had many love calls so she is choosing carefully, this must be the one that attracted her the most for now, but we don't know the other offers she has.

Me too like the story plot .Seems lsk character is strong and tough. I want to see how she can tackle the role of judicial apprentice/lawyer since we have not seen her yet in her upcoming movie  broker. 

I read in another blog ...some posters even already rooting for the male lead. I don't think some established actors will join this drama since  it is more to female oriented story. I don' t care much about the potential lead male as long as his appearance compliments lsk and has a strong acting skill.

I am from the Philippines and I can say that Lee Sung Kyung is well loved here in our country. Many Filipino women especially in their teenage and early twenties are having a girl crush on her and that includes me. Even some teenage boys and men on their early twenties appreciates her a lot. Would you believe I've got guy friends who watched Weightlifting Fairy and liked her a lot and began stalking her . We appreaciate her a lot. Her talents, beauty and kindness. She deserves a lot of love from other people and all I can say about these negative comments is that "People really loves to throw rocks at things thay shines". I'm aware that she started to gain these haters from Cheese in the Trap but that has been already a year and I believe no one could portray Baek Inha better than LSK's performance. *sighs*

I just wish her well in whatever project she'll pursue. And I hope she'll be in good hands with her new project. And I'm so glad to hear she's giving interest on being part of theatrical music. ❤

And btw, people are so hyped in my country that Weightlifting Fairy will also be aired in a famous national TV station here. I'm excited that more and more people will see how much LSK deserves to be loved through WFKBJ.

21 minutes ago, rottenxtears said:

I am from the Philippines and I can say that Lee Sung Kyung is well loved here in our country. Many Filipino women especially in their teenage and early twenties are having a girl crush on her and that includes me. Even some teenage boys and men on their early twenties appreciates her a lot. Would you believe I've got guy friends who watched Weightlifting Fairy and liked her a lot and began stalking her . We appreaciate her a lot. Her talents, beauty and kindness. She deserves a lot of love from other people and all I can say about these negative comments is that "People really loves to throw rocks at things thay shines". I'm aware that she started to gain these haters from Cheese in the Trap but that has been already a year and I believe no one could portray Baek Inha better than LSK's performance. *sighs*

I just wish her well in whatever project she'll pursue. And I hope she'll be in good hands with her new project. And I'm so glad to hear she's giving interest on being part of theatrical music. ❤

And btw, people are so hyped in my country that Weightlifting Fairy will also be aired in a famous national TV station here. I'm excited that more and more people will see how much LSK deserves to be loved through WFKBJ.

So happy that she is becoming more and more popular in the Philippines and they will even air WFKBJ in a famous TV station, so she can gain more popularity, i hope also in Japan WFKBJ will do well. The more popular she gets internationally and it's more possible for her to also do Asian Fanmeeting, for now it seems like she never did a fanmeeting, not even in Korea. 

From what i see it seems that Lee Sung Kyung has much more international fans than korean fans, Knet are just so full of hate and prejudice, they just criticize everything , even the smallest things and they can never forgive, and it's really difficult to make them change their mind, i hope Lee Sung Kyung will be able to. She needs to find an HIT drama and play her role well. If i was her manager i would make her do a rom-com, it will gain her experience and love from people, i think it's still too early for a melodrama or something more complex for now is better play safe. Once she gain the experience and the love that she deserves she can take more complex roles. 

Hoping to hear her sing the OST of her next drama and it will be great if she can also do musical that she loves so much.

Sigh I have to agree. It breaks my heart to see knetizens be so negative about her. Like I said in a previous post, I think knetizens have tunnel vision when it comes to actresses on the way they act and behave. Obviously LSK doesn't fit in their stereotype. I hope someday that tunnel vision breaks so that she can be loved by just as many domestic fans as by her international fans.

On the side note, it's great she's getting back into acting already but it does worry me. I know 2017 is going to be a year of crime and murder dramas, but this story line really did not attract me at all. Like one of the netizens said, "another typical doctors/lawyers drama" which I'm kind of guilty of thinking myself. I hope the writer and director pulls through to make this unique or LSK needs to hire a smarter manager or agent. An actress can only do so much. I hate to be negative. However, we don't want to see a streak of low ratings underrated dramas attached to her future-wise. One more low rating drama with her and she could kiss future lead roles goodbye.

I wonder if Broker got halted? I've heard of plans for that movie even before WLFKBJ came out, yet still no new updates. Hope luck is on her side.

Welp, glad she's still considering music! Musical! Musical! Musical! 

6 hours ago, anom65 said:

Sigh I have to agree. It breaks my heart to see knetizens be so negative about her. Like I said in a previous post, I think knetizens have tunnel vision when it comes to actresses on the way they act and behave. Obviously LSK doesn't fit in their stereotype. I hope someday that tunnel vision breaks so that she can be loved by just as many domestic fans as by her international fans.

On the side note, it's great she's getting back into acting already but it does worry me. I know 2017 is going to be a year of crime and murder dramas, but this story line really did not attract me at all. Like one of the netizens said, "another typical doctors/lawyers drama" which I'm kind of guilty of thinking myself. I hope the writer and director pulls through to make this unique or LSK needs to hire a smarter manager or agent. An actress can only do so much. I hate to be negative. However, we don't want to see a streak of low ratings underrated dramas attached to her future-wise. One more low rating drama with her and she could kiss future lead roles goodbye.

I wonder if Broker got halted? I've heard of plans for that movie even before WLFKBJ came out, yet still no new updates. Hope luck is on her side.

Welp, glad she's still considering music! Musical! Musical! Musical! 

I understand your worries, but the drama she was considering is a rom com so it will be more focused on romance and comedy, it shouldn't be one of those serious makjang dramas. It's true that if she has again very low rating she might have a very hard time to have other lead role so it's a delicate situation. We still don't know much about it and we still don't know if she will accept it, but let's be positive. It's a SBS drama and usually their dramas have the highest ratings and gets more promotion, we can't never predict how things will go. If it will be bad it's also true that Lee Sung Kyung has many other talents so she can do musicals, she can sing, she could even host a variety show and she can still modeling in the meantime she can have more supporting roles till she will get back to lead roles again, but let's not be so pessimistic :lol:

I wonder about Broker too, it looks like we will have to still wait alot.

Here there are some translation from the Cosmoplitan Interview

It looks like she wants to come back to the runway this year but she is still having problem losing weight,:( i hope she can come back to her shape and go back to the runaway.

On 17/02/2017 at 9:57 PM, rottenxtears said:

Hi rottenxtears...you know what...I am a big fan of kristen hermosa, mirian rivera, anne curtis and sam milby several years ago. They are in their thirties now. Love to see them in telenovela. What station will broadcast wlfkbj? GMA? I noticed LSK gained more fans from philippines and indonesia after her kim bok joo role. In malaysia...still not much hyped. Some of the fans still  in love with park bo gum  love in moonlight. 

I hope sbs will consider to change the producer if lsk confirms the drama. Sorry pdnim...I may sound selfish..I know you should start from somewhere to build your craft but please not in lsk future drama. I do not want to gamble her luck in your hand. She's my bias. I trust the writer. In I remember you, her script  was more on thriller and criminal story...less on love story. But I love it becoz I focused more on seo in guk and park bo gum character. About her script in protect the boss...I love the bromance between ji sung and jae joong dbsk. I am not a fan of the lead heroin.

1 hour ago, sima158 said:

Hi rottenxtears...you know what...I am a big fan of kristen hermosa, mirian rivera, anne curtis and sam milby several years ago. They are in their thirties now. Love to see them in telenovela. What station will broadcast wlfkbj? GMA? I noticed LSK gained more fans from philippines and indonesia after her kim bok joo role. In malaysia...still not much hyped. Some of the fans still  in love with park bo gum  love in moonlight. 

I hope sbs will consider to change the producer if lsk confirms the drama. Sorry pdnim...I may sound selfish..I know you should start from somewhere to build your craft but please not in lsk future drama. I do not want to gamble her luck in your hand. She's my bias. I trust the writer. In I remember you, her script  was more on thriller and criminal story...less on love story. But I love it becoz I focused more on seo in guk and park bo gum character. About her script in protect the boss...I love the bromance between ji sung and chanming. I am not a fan of the lead heroin.

ABS-CBN will broadcast Weightlifting Fairy. It has been already confirmed that it'll be this 2017 but still no date yet.

Here in our country, among all the recent dramas (include those dramas on above link) Weightlifting Fairy rushed the Philippines like a storm and everyone was so hooked. "Do you like Messi?" has been a very famous tagline and even trended on twitter #1. And as far as I've observed, many of my co-Filipino women often said, it's the first time they got to love the female lead than the male lead more. They loved LSK and had more crush on her (statements amongst girls) rather than with NJH. (no offense meant to NJH and his fans, we also love him to bits) 

And wow @sima158, you liked Filipino actors too. Are you Malaysian? :) Didn't know they became known there too.

rottenxtears....yes, I' m malaysian. Kristen hermosa is my first girl crush . I started follow her news after seen her in pangako sa'yo. I've so commited finishing the 100+ episodes just for her and jericho rosales. My astro tv keep repeating the drama after years. Since I had so much free time at that time...I started to hunt another after another philippines actors and actress . At that time...korean drama wave still not in trend in my country.

LSK is so considerate towards her neighbours not to sing outloud in her apartment eventhough she is so into music. Maybe she can built a soundproof room ...I think she is overqualified to do that.

1 hour ago, jul42 said:

does anyone know where she got her blouse for the True Colors video?? I've been searching for it but I can't seem to find it! thank you!

Sorry, i couldn't find anything about that blouse.

A little rap from our little Poppy/Lee Sung Kyung, i want to watch this film in Korean :lol:

Lee Sung Kyung dancing :wub:

Libera...by looking she rocks her body dancing to the music....she can be a member of black pink. She and lisa look alike. Wonder why she cannot be the one in black pink? Becoz of her age?

I think LSK is a realistic person and smart too. If not....she did not involved herself in its okay its love as her first acting. She idolised gong hyo jin as her sunbae in acting ...she is fangirling her. About her second drama....she said she was so lucky to be in a same drama with the senior actors, she can gain a lot of acting experience. About doctors...if i'm not mistaken...it is from a high profile novel ( correct if i'm wrong)...that is why park shin hye didn't think twice to join herself besides kim rae won. Cheese in the trap....majority knows it is a popular webtoon. Even there was a contoversy with that drama...it is more to human error. So from those tidbits...I can see the patterns of how lsk manage herself in this industry. For the masterpiece wlfkbj.....it will not become a masterpiece if not for lsk, njh, the pd and scriptwriter ....and for the whole team . That is why is a rare gem. Even though it is an underdog drama....it reachs our heart. That is why japan take inisiative to broadcast the drama just in a month time after it finished airing in korea. Just look at the dvd cut bts sales,  it is achieved 1000 copies just in a month. So to cut the story short.....I trust lsk judgement in choosing her next project. Like joonhyung said in wlfkbj....let' s not be greedy....you are unhappy person if there' s a gap between what you wish and your reality . We have to acknowledged lsk is still young in this industry.She is not in the same league yet with park shin hye becoz of acting experiences. Not to say in the same camp with gong hyo jin and jeon ji hyun. So i can imagine what certain type of scripts she will receive for this time being. I hope she takes her time..if she stay true to her  craft...she will be in a mainstream , being a household name like her idol.

Regarding her with the bride of water god....i think YG has the upperhand right now. By the time they announced the new drama for lsk on 17 th of february....my instict said there's a slim  chance for her to be the bride. Unless they postpone again the bride drama until the end of this year..so there is more chance to win at  the award show. It just a win win situation actually.

12 hours ago, sima158 said:

Libera...by looking she rocks her body dancing to the music....she can be a member of black pink. She and lisa look alike. Wonder why she cannot be the one in black pink? Becoz of her age?

I think LSK is a realistic person and smart too. If not....she did not involved herself in its okay its love as her first acting. She idolised gong hyo jin as her sunbae in acting ...she is fangirling her. About her second drama....she said she was so lucky to be in a same drama with the senior actors, she can gain a lot of acting experience. About doctors...if i'm not mistaken...it is from a high profile novel ( correct if i'm wrong)...that is why park shin hye didn't think twice to join herself besides kim rae won. Cheese in the trap....majority knows it is a popular webtoon. Even there was a contoversy with that drama...it is more to human error. So from those tidbits...I can see the patterns of how lsk manage herself in this industry. For the masterpiece wlfkbj.....it will not become a masterpiece if not for lsk, njh, the pd and scriptwriter ....and for the whole team . That is why is a rare gem. Even though it is an underdog drama....it reachs our heart. That is why japan take inisiative to broadcast the drama just in a month time after it finished airing in korea. Just look at the dvd cut bts sales,  it is achieved 1000 copies just in a month. So to cut the story short.....I trust lsk judgement in choosing her next project. Like joonhyung said in wlfkbj....let' s not be greedy....you are unhappy person if there' s a gap between what you wish and your reality . We have to acknowledged lsk is still young in this industry.She is not in the same league yet with park shin hye becoz of acting experiences. Not to say in the same camp with gong hyo jin and jeon ji hyun. So i can imagine what certain type of scripts she will receive for this time being. I hope she takes her time..if she stay true to her  craft...she will be in a mainstream , being a household name like her idol.

Regarding her with the bride of water god....i think YG has the upperhand right now. By the time they announced the new drama for lsk on 17 th of february....my instict said there's a slim  chance for her to be the bride. Unless they postpone again the bride drama until the end of this year..so there is more chance to win at  the award show. It just a win win situation actually.

I am not very familiar with Kpop but it looks like idols have very strict rules so i don't know if Lee Sung Kyung will fit it, she is a very free and carefree person so she might feel suffocated in a girl group, i would like to see her more as a solo artist or just singing for the ost of her dramas, hopefully she will be a successfull actress and will have lots of dramas. I love the way she moves her beautiful body, so sexy.

Me too think that she is still too green for more important roles, i think she can nail them but it's still risky and too early so for now it's good if she chose a rom-com, and in fact she seems considering to take a rom-com next and that is the best choice she can do now.

I highly doubt tho that she will even get an offer for Bride of the water God, it was already difficult for YG to accept LSK and NJH both to be on WFKBJ because they are from the same label and also korean pair usually never get paired again, just rarely, and after many years.

LOVCAT BIJOUX store poster display

C5BV6LzUoAAmSo0.jpg

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e604969e6e699ecca45943baf5883

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e60496b747d36490df601e9227753viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e60496aa36816878fb0d1a5be4896

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e60496d3f890bad82b31258cca18d

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e604938ba13a425d0e8f69464a0d8

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e6049311b6acb910223c25ad1d545

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e60493b4d00ede57ebf5795063499

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e60496b2424664900a454e9227753

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28777a16fb3dab004c86b6f4fce3bfc395ceae278db8206de029b3cc09ae6ebb69fe31a0549a2bc0e604939f1ea0b5cf1e092e9f1f66c

C5BVEwUUcAAz_m0.jpg

Archived