[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Journey 寻找前世之旅

sugarplum892

photo Jour 80.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 寻找前世之旅
English title: The Journey

Genre: Ancient, Fiction

Episodes: 

Director: Gao Lin Bao (Wu Xin:The Monster Killer)

Broadcast Period: January 16, 2017

Cast:

Ma Ke

Fu Xin Bo

Zhou Yu Tong

Kang Lei

Synopsis:

If you can go back in time to change your destiny in exchange for one tear, would you do it? Adopted by her master at a young age, she has psychic powers that allow her to travel in time and space. Can she prevent the catastrophes from happening? Can she find love? Buddha scripture says that the fruit of your present life is the result of seed planted in your past life. Karma is something which one cannot change. However, you may be able to travel through time and space to find the root in order to defuse the catastrophe of your current life. All you have to pay is only—a tear. Ye Yin was adopted at a young age by a mysterious master. She is well versed in necromancy. She shuttles repeatedly across different countries and different time frames to help others to resolve the regrets in their past lives . So, will she be able to resolve her own regrets? Did she lost her love in one of the time zones?

Cr viki

Click here to request the VIki License!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Journey 寻找前世之旅 Viki English Subbed Episodes Click here to request the VIki License!

The Journey 寻找前世之旅 Raw Episodes

Journey to Seek Past Reincarnations 寻找前世之旅 Audiobook

Journey to Seek Past Reincarnations 寻找前世之旅 English Translations

Ma Ke Official Soompi Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 3 weeks later...

Is nobody watching this drama? I am enjoying it so far at episode 6. It is quite the crack up. I love the female lead. I have never seen her act before and she didn't leave much of an impression at the start when in her modern/present self, but the minute she gets zapped back into the past, she was HILARIOUS! Loved it! So many LOL moments. Of course, since I am watching raws with my limited Chinese, I don't understand the complicated dialogues but I have a general idea what's going on.

Looking forward to more episodes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2017 at 6:58 PM, linja said:

Is nobody watching this drama? I am enjoying it so far at episode 6. It is quite the crack up. I love the female lead. I have never seen her act before and she didn't leave much of an impression at the start when in her modern/present self, but the minute she gets zapped back into the past, she was HILARIOUS! Loved it! So many LOL moments. Of course, since I am watching raws with my limited Chinese, I don't understand the complicated dialogues but I have a general idea what's going on.

Looking forward to more episodes!

It looks super fun, but there are no subs as of yet. I can't speak Chinese, but I did translate a bit of the first and second episode using google translate(mostly Ma Ke's scenes). I've never tried to translate anything before, but if no one subs this before all 12 episodes are out, I may try to hard sub the episodes myself. Technology these days has gotten so good and since there are Chinese subtitles on the video, it's just a question of writing out the text and translating from there. Might be a fun summer project. :)

@Sophia Dreith It is a shame no one is subbing it! I wish it was subbed so that others can watch. It's such a funny drama. The raws are hard to come by as well. Only 6 episodes are up on dramacool and I don't know why they haven't added on anymore since I first commented. I think 12 episodes have been broadcast so far. I've resorted to searching for the raws on chinese websites. Which you can imagine is hard as my Chinese reading comprehension ain't all that great. I found one where I can continue to watch the raws but there is so many ads it's annoying, lol.

That's cool that you are attempting to translate the episodes. I can understand general conversation but when it gets to palace politics and more complicated things, I get a little lost. I'm happy to help out with what I can if you want! Which Ma Ke scenes did you try google translating? I'll see if I can translate it for you. I'll try my best, lol. No promises I'll do great =]

That's pretty awesome too that you know how to google translate the chinese subs since they are hardsubbed on. You must know a thing or two about technology/encoding/computer stuff =)

@linja Yeah, I noticed that there's only six episodes and no new ones have been posted for some time. I wasn't sure what the deal was with that. But yeah, I can't read, write, or speak Chinese, but I can use google translate and pick up the gist(though I've run into a couple of spots where I can't make heads or tails of even the translation). I ended up subbing the first ten minutes and I've been working on trying to find a decent way of hardsubbing the video. I tried a number of programs and I've resubbed the same section three times. This is where I'm at now:

2017-02-21%20(2).png?psid=1

I'm not entirely happy with the placement of the subs, but at this point, I'm not willing to try yet another program. I need to go back and re-translate some of the sentences. Stupidly, I translated some of them in sections as they appeared on the screen rather than the full sentence so I know some of them don't make as much sense because of that. I'm pretty much doing this between classes and studying right now, but hopefully I'll get a good routine down and I can finish at least this episode.

During Ya Yin's first run-in with Ma Ke's character, I really wanted to know what he was saying to her so I did a quick translation using an online hand-writing recognition site. It got me the characters and then I inputted them into Google translate. When he said, "I've been waiting 700 years for you. My bride." I was like, "sign me the F up!"

I've since downloaded the traditional Hong Kong character keyboard for my laptop and now I'm doing most of my writing on there and inputting it directly into Google Translate. Problem is that after looking it over, I know I need to go back and do it again, because I never saved the Chinese characters and I know now that I needed to translate the full sentences in order to get a complete understanding of what is being said rather than the sentence fragments as they appear in the Chinese subbing.

I can now identify a full four characters, more if you count certain words like 'Master'. ;P

@Sophia Dreith WOW! I am so totally impressed! I've always wanted to be involved in fansubbing but never had the confidence in myself because, other than English, I don't know any other languages fluently. I've thought about helping out in quality control / proofreading etc, but then thought I would still need to know the language well. And here you are, attempting it from scratch with zero understanding of the language. I am super impressed.

And wow, I didn't realise there was such a thing as online hand-writing recognition, although I should have known. I know there is "sound/lyric recognition" for those who want to know a song title from an excerpt of a song. Technology really is great in this day and age.

If you are challenging yourself on this subbing project, that's pretty cool. What a great way to learn a new language. Just know I'm here if you need a hand. PM me. I'm even happy to help translate the easier dialogues and leave the more complicated ones for you to google translate since I'm not very tech savvy. Which lines are you stuck on? I'll see if I can understand them. Or I can help you proofread. Only if you need the help.

I'm really intrigued and fascinated on this whole fansubbing business now. Pretty awesome stuff.

Just on your screen shot, I watched that part, and here is my translation starting from when the Master parts the tree at roughly 4:23 minutes.

Spoiler

Let’s go.

Master, do you remember what day today is?

Of course I remember.

Really?

Then … what day is today?

Today is the day your first client will appear.

What client?

This isn’t what I’m asking about.

Wait a minute.

Master, what did you just say?

My client is coming today?

Really, Master?

Really.

Oh my God!

I can finally fly like a bird … wear … five thousand years (this sentence I don’t fully understand)

Master.

You wait here.

I’ll go prepare breakfast first.

Take your time, no rush.

Your client won’t arrive until noon.

Master, I’m a girl.

Let me dress up a bit.

I reckon the placements are pretty good. That's where most people usually place the subs. I've seen one particular subbing where the text is on top of the Chinese subs and at first, I thought that was unique but as I continued watching, I realised the subs got in the way of the scenes. Especially if some detail is at the bottom of the screen.

Ya Yin's first encounter with Ma Ke's character was hilarious. She swoons at his handsomeness and next minute is horrified that he's biting necks. HAHA.

@linja That lines up almost exactly with what I have. There's a bit of variation here and there, but for the most part it's what I have as well. I had to go back and redo my translations a third time, this time saving all the characters to a word document so I could go back and translate entire sentences. I'm about 10 min into this first episode. I've also finally figured out how to use my english keyboard as a chinese one for typing rather than just re-writing everything. I have a Surface so I've been straight up rewriting everything so far, but I think the keyboard MAY speed up some of the process. We'll see. 

I'm going to try and sub about ten minutes of the drama fully and upload it. If you could take a look at the over all thing and let me know how it looks, timing and phrasing wise, that would be great. :) I'll try to have that up in the next couple of days, though for now, most of my time is being spent studying for a Chem test. lol.

@Sophia Dreith I've done the first 10 minutes translation for you to cross check with yours. I was trying to compose a new message and upload the excel but it didn't work. I don't know how to attach it. PM me your email. Once you are done, I'm happy to check the timing and phrasing. I will do the next 10 minutes. The drama is only about 30 minutes not including opening and ending credits. I will do 3 parts of 10 minutes translation each time.

I found out there is only 12 episodes for Season 1. Apparently Season 2 is currently airing but not too sure. 12 episodes is a good number for this project.

I'm really excited to be involved in this! I hope other soompi members are willing to help out too. We really need a fluent Chinese-English speaker. Even just to help out with the harder dialogues if they are too busy to be fully committed. I was checking out viki and they don't have any subbers either.

Good luck on your Chemistry test! =]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Just bumping up this thread to let everyone know that @Sophia Dreith and I have partnered up to provide subbed episodes for this drama. We have successfully subbed Episode 1 and it is now on 4udrama for viewing. We have plans to continue subbing the rest of the episodes but because it is only the 2 of us atm, it may be a slow process and we ask for patience. Thanks!

On 15.03.2017 at 3:42 AM, linja said:

Hi everyone. Just bumping up this thread to let everyone know that @Sophia Dreith and I have partnered up to provide subbed episodes for this drama. We have successfully subbed Episode 1 and it is now on 4udrama for viewing. We have plans to continue subbing the rest of the episodes but because it is only the 2 of us atm, it may be a slow process and we ask for patience. Thanks!

Hi. I also do translations. Recently I watched this drama with your transfer. You fellows that undertook the translation!!! I have a business proposal. Of course much can not offer, but the timing, the finished text, I can help you.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:45 AM, saimonit said:

Hi. I also do translations. Recently I watched this drama with your transfer. You fellows that undertook the translation!!! I have a business proposal. Of course much can not offer, but the timing, the finished text, I can help you.

Hi saimonit! Thank you very much for volunteering to help us out. I will pm you with more details. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ep 15 heart hurting episode ya long I love ya long character so much ya long waiting for her thousands of years and still loving her he can do anything for her even trying to find out a way so he can able to see sun rise together with her as by nature of vampire it's on his life but for her he truly love her whether she say heart stabbing words to him he is still OK and waiting for her until she accept him willingly 

Thanks for subtitles 

I don't understand why C drama having subtitles delayed 

On other side every k drama subbed as it release within few hours

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived