♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

On 1/23/2024 at 8:52 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

JTBC drama DoctorSlump still cuts, broadcast on Jan 27.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. I wonder why he unexpectedly appears on the rooftop of her house. Can't wait for the drama’s upcoming premiere at 10:30 p.m. KST.   :blush:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Park Shin Hye And Park Hyung Sik Are Former High School Rivals Who Reunite After 14 Years In “Doctor Slump”

20240123104845_park-shin-hye-park-hyung-

JTBC’s highly-anticipated drama “Doctor Slump” has teased the audience with amusing new stills ahead of its premiere!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy about two former rivals who reunite and unexpectedly become each other’s light during the darkest period of their lives. Park Hyung Sik will star as Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident, while Park Shin Hye will play Nam Ha Neul, an anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

In the newly released photos, Yeo Jung Woo unexpectedly appears on the rooftop of Nam Ha Neul’s house. Former academic rivals vying for the top spot in their school days, their reunion after 14 years elicits more bewilderment than joy. As they point at each other, Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul’s facial expressions hint that they immediately recognize each other.

doctor-slump-01.jpeg

doctor-slump-02.jpeg

Spoiler

doctor-slump-03.jpeg

In other stills, Yeo Jung Woo visits Nam Ha Neul’s hospital, sparking curiosity about the connection between the once-renowned doctor, who loses everything following a mysterious medical incident, and Nam Ha Neul.

Despite wearing smiles on their faces, the stills convey an underlying tension as both Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul continue to be cautious about each other. Their occasionally childish yet undeniably delightful interactions add to the anticipation for the drama’s upcoming premiere.

doctor-slump-04.jpeg

doctor-slump-05.jpeg

The production team stated, “Witness the story of Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul, who, by chance, find themselves in each other’s lives during both their brightest and most humble moments as they meet again after their lives have completely changed over the past 14 years. Their relationship will undergo a delightful and exciting change as they discover what each means to the other.”

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Top 19 JTBC Dramas With The Highest Ratings Ever (2024 Update)

Please note that these ratings are the highest ratings ever reached, not the dramas' total average ratings.

12. "Strong Girl BongSoon" - 9.7%

Top 19 JTBC Dramas With The Highest Ratings Ever (2024 Update)

JTBC

The rom-com follows a woman born with supernatural powers and a tech CEO who seeks her protection as he is a target by an unknown individual. Starring Park BoYoung and Park HyungSik, the funny and interesting series reached 9.7% viewership ratings.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-jtbc-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-ever/

• Like 1

*** The cast of "Doctor Slump" coordinated their wardrobe for the press conference. The two look comfortable around each other, so the on-screen shouldn’t be too bad. The drama premieres January 27 on JTBC. So, tomorrow is D-DAY!   :kaching3:

20240125_1943513735413469226136111.jpg?w

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2024/01/25/doctor-slump-press-conference/

*** On January 25, the production presentation for JTBC's upcoming drama 'Doctor Slump' was live-streamed online, hosted by comedian Park Kyung-rim. During the presscon, Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye shared what it was like to portray high school students in 'Doctor Slump'. Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye also worked together in a drama 'The Heirs' some years ago, where they portrayed high school students. In 'Doctor Slump', Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye wore high school uniforms again for some flashback scenes. The director also attended the event. Park Hyung Sik said, "Didn't it feel kind of weird, us wearing school uniforms?.", and Park Shin Hye responded, "I know, right?" It's really hard to know when to stop.", Park Hyung Sik said, "I feel like I shouldn't be wearing school uniforms anymore, but my family and friends kept telling me that I still can pull it off. It's really confusing." The host commented, "Well, the viewers will decide for you.", and they both smiled and nodded.  :kicks:

201887017_700.webp

201887021_700.webp

source : SBS Star

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: What Is Your Favorite K-Drama Of 2023?

Already a month into 2024, our staff looked back on our favorite K-dramas from last year for this edition of Soompi & Viki Staff Talk.

Check out our staff’s picks below!

Ginny: “Our Blooming Youth

our-blooming-youth.jpeg

I think “Our Blooming Youth” is a drama that captures the essence of 2023, making it my favorite K-drama of 2023. “Our Blooming Youth” tells the love story of Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik), a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee), a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. The acting is full of depth and emotion, and the plot draws curiosity about what the mystery is. With stunning cinematography and a carefully curated soundtrack, “Our Blooming Youth” stands out as one of the best dramas of the year, leaving a lasting impact.

Watch “Our Blooming Youth”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** “Doctor Slump” OST Part.1 “Memories With You,” sung by Seulgi of Red Velvet, has been released on various music sites at 6 p.m. on January 27th (KST). “Memories With You” is a song about facing your old love that stopped in old memories.   :Fist1:

Source: Sports Donga

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“Knight Flower” And “Flex X Cop” Hit New All-Time Ratings Highs As “Doctor Slump” Joins Race

“Knight Flower” And “Flex X Cop” Hit New All-Time Ratings Highs As “Doctor Slump” Joins Race

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “Doctor Slump” premiered to an average nationwide rating of 4.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639483wpp/knight-flower-and-flex-x-cop-hit-new-all-time-ratings-highs-as-doctor-slump-joins-race

Spoiler

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Break Down Sobbing In Each Other’s Arms On “Doctor Slump”

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Break Down Sobbing In Each Other’s Arms On “Doctor Slump”

Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye will find their way into each other’s arms on the next episode of “Doctor Slump”!

“Doctor Slump” is a new romantic comedy about two former rivals who reunite and unexpectedly become each other’s light during the darkest period of their lives. Park Hyung Sik plays Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident, while Park Shin Hye plays Nam Ha Neul, a workaholic anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

Spoilers

On the first episode of “Doctor Slump,” former high school classmates Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul ran into each other just when they had both hit rock bottom.

In the drama’s upcoming second episode, the relationship between the former academic rivals reaches a major turning point. As Yeo Jung Woo grabs Nam Ha Neul by the wrist at night, there seems to be a romantic tension between the two that wasn’t there during their initial reunion on the roof.

Park-Shin-Hye-Park-Hyung-Sik-5.jpg

Although that tension quickly dissipates when the duo reverts to their usual playful bickering, it’s notable that Nam Ha Neul winds up wearing Yeo Jung Woo’s jacket over her scrubs.

Park-Hyung-Sik-Park-Shin-Hye-2.jpg

In the final set of photos, Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul break down crying while holding each other tightly in an emotional embrace.

Park-Hyung-Sik-Park-Shin-Hye-3.jpg

Spoiler

Park-Shin-Hye-Park-Hyung-Sik-2-2.jpg

The “Doctor Slump” production team teased, “Starting in Episode 2, which airs today, the aftermath of Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul’s reunion will be revealed. After going from hateful rivals to rooftop neighbors, the two of them will undergo a delightful change that will make viewers’ hearts flutter.”

They went on, “Will Yeo Jung Woo, who was unfairly framed as the perpetrator of a medical accident, be able to reveal the truth behind the incident? And what kind of choice will Nam Ha Neul, who remained in denial even after being diagnosed with depression, make for herself? To find out, please stay tuned.”

The second episode of “Doctor Slump” will air on January 28 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639494wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-park-shin-hye-break-down-sobbing-in-each-others-arms-on-doctor-slump

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“Doctor Slump” Rises For 2nd Episode As “Captivating The King” Doubles Its Ratings

“Doctor Slump” Rises For 2nd Episode As “Captivating The King” Doubles Its Ratings

Both JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” and tvN’s “Captivating the King” are on the rise!

On January 28, “Doctor Slump” enjoyed a significant rise in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the new romantic comedy earned an average nationwide rating of 5.1 percent, marking a 1 percent jump from its premiere.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639633wpp/doctor-slump-rises-for-2nd-episode-as-captivating-the-king-doubles-its-ratings

On 1/29/2024 at 11:32 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

Both JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” and tvN’s “Captivating the King” are on the rise!

On January 28, “Doctor Slump” enjoyed a significant rise in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the new romantic comedy earned an average nationwide rating of 5.1 percent, marking a 1 percent jump from its premiere.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639633wpp/doctor-slump-rises-for-2nd-episode-as-captivating-the-king-doubles-its-ratings

@backstreetboysfan  "JTBC’s Doctor Slump" — did pretty well for itself.   :heart3:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Drama viewership ratings for the week of January 22-28, 2024

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-january-22-28-2024/

Saturday, January 27      
Doctor Slump 1 JTBC 4.0%
Live Your Own Life 36 KBS 18.6%
The Goryeo-Khitan War 21 KBS 9.6%
Knight Flower 6 MBC 12.5%
Flex x Cop 2 SBS 6.9%
My Happy Ending 9 TV Chosun 2.9%
Captivating the King 3 tvN 3.3%

Sunday, January 28      
Doctor Slump 2 JTBC 5.1%
Live Your Own Life 37 KBS 20.8%
The Goryeo-Khitan War 22 KBS 9.6%
My Happy Ending 10 TV Chosun 2.7%
Captivating the King 4 tvN 6.0%

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On January 30, 2024 Data)

netflix-korean-drama-ranking_screenshot-

1. "Doctor Slump"

2. "The Bequeathed" 

3. "Captivating the King" 

4. "Solo Leveling" 

5. "My Happy Ending" 

6. "Korea-Khitan War" 

7. "Welcome to Samdal-ri" 

8. "GyeongSeong Creature"

9. "Delicious in Dungeon"

10. "I'm Solo, Love Goes On" 

*** "Strong Woman Do Bong Soon"  starring Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik is set to have a remake in Malaysia. The series attracted a lot of attention even after the end of its broadcast, which led to the production of a spin-off "Strong Woman Gang Nam Soon" in 2023.   :winkx:

strong-woman-do-bong-soon.jpg?w=820

0000377488_001_20240130095801522.jpg?typ

source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/437/0000377488

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** On January 30, producer Na Young-seok went live on YouTube with the leads of JTBC's drama 'Doctor Slump' Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye. Before officially beginning their talk, Na Young-seok said, "Actually, a group of people have come to join our live broadcast for a bit. You guys will probably be very surprised when you see them. Please welcome Seo Joon and Woo Shik, everyone!" Here, Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Shik were seen sweating when they were asked if they watched their close friend latest work. After saying hi to each other, Na Young-seok asked, "You know that we're here to talk about 'Doctor Slump' today, right? What did you think of 'Doctor Slump'? Choi Woo Shik answered, "Hyung Sik showed us some videos and photos from the shooting when he was busy filming the drama, and I couldn't help but notice how great Hyung Sik looked. This project really seemed to bring out Hyung Sik's handsomeness." Na Young-seok commented, "I mean, don't we all know that Hyung Sik's good-looking? Tell us what you thought about the story." Choi Woo Shik hesitated to give a prompt response to his comment; he then said, "Umm... I've been so hectic lately, and..." To this, Park Hyung Sik playfully told him to go and watch his new series out of the studio, and Choi Woo Shik rushed out the door. As Choi Woo Shik was already out, all eyes turned to Park Seo Joon; he also could not give them the answer they wanted to hear. Park Seo Joon stated, "I... I really... Oh, someone's calling me now. Let me get this," avoiding the talk; both of their responses made all laugh. When Choi Woo Shik returned, Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Shik told the viewers, "'Doctor Slump' is a fun drama, so definitely check it out! We have to go now, but we'll see you again soon. Bye," then left. After they were gone, Park Hyung Sik said, "It was nice to see them, because it's hard for us to find time to see each other much." Then, Na Young-seok explained why they had come in the first place, then left quickly, "Seo Joon and Woo Shik were here for Seo Jin's birthday dinner earlier. After dinner, they just stood around for a while to see Hyung Sik. What amazing friends!"    :foryou:

201889047_700.webp

201889046_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** I really admire the close and strong friendship among the three, actually the Wooga Squad. Unfortunately, V is currently serving in the military and couldn’t attend Lee Seo-jin’s birthday celebration that night to support his friend Park Hyung-sik as well.  :smooches3: