[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

4 hours ago, faye406 said:

New teaser..

Ohhh, as I watched it, I was on mixed emotions, 1. eager - I want May 10 asap, 2. anxiety - it seems the important points/meetings are revealed esp our OTP's, lot of things are shown, which kinda make me a little 3. sad - I don't want to create dialogues and possible scenes in my mind as early as now, but the trailer gives me lotsss of possible answers hahaha

OK, don't mind me, I'm very unstable right now after watching it :(:) ( :D:D:(:(:(

Ruler, fighting~!

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at different websites such as netizenbuzz and dramabeans, you can see that people have mixed opinions, also, i see some negative comments on blogsites such as kkuljaem, netizenbuzz, pann-choa and pannative (but netizenbuzz posts more about negative comments compared to the rest) but im glad to see that the majority of people are supporting her and praising her as no one deserves hate in this world

17 hours ago, rossy5 said:

Sorry, but can you post the source where you read those negative comments about her? I want to see it with my own eyes. Also the ones about the "mixed" opinions about the drama...

3 hours ago, kimsohyun1201 said:

If you look at different websites such as netizenbuzz and dramabeans, you can see that people have mixed opinions, also, i see some negative comments on blogsites such as kkuljaem, netizenbuzz, pann-choa and pannative (but netizenbuzz posts more about negative comments compared to the rest) but im glad to see that the majority of people are supporting her and praising her as no one deserves hate in this world

MMm, do you read Hangul? Because I have been reading every day all those sites and I am 100% sure nobody has said something negative of KSH, at least that you read the original articles in Hangul...maybe there is some comments that all those pages has not translated.

On 5/4/2017 at 4:29 AM, CamelKnight said:

Okay, get me some honest opinions: is this going to be a drama that I'm going to need to follow or can I just bingewatch it when it's done?

It depends on whom you ask. @Berou is not credible, just judging from her profile. LOL Check out the teaser above. It looks promising and reminiscent of The Prince and the Pauper, Man in the Iron Mask and Sungkyunkwan Scandal (minus the fluff)

Guest Tinkiebell

Ha, this looks like a drama to keep an eye out on! A lot of buzz, with high expectations and anticipations. It's just less than a week to go! Looking forward to it :) 

-pokes my head in the thread- Hi there.

Hehe, well now that the drama is starting soon, definitely have to start following this... I know I am going to regret this because of the wait each week.. I was dying of the wait each week while watching Remember - The War of the Son... -sobs- All these good dramas coming out at the same time and it's so hard to watch all of them at the same time..!!! There are like 5 other dramas I need to watch and 3 of them are airing soon (@sakura2016 PSJ's drama is on my list and it's coming out this month too!), 1 of them is currently airing right now and 1 of them is finished but I need to finish it (only on Episode 5... It's Defendant)! Plus for me personally, I like to watch one drama at a time, but all the dramas are airing at the same time..!! The struggles of being a K-drama fan, especially when dramas come out at the same time....

On 5/3/2017 at 1:29 PM, CamelKnight said:

Okay, get me some honest opinions: is this going to be a drama that I'm going to need to follow or can I just bingewatch it when it's done?

Good question right here...

23 hours ago, jeijei said:

It depends on whom you ask. @Berou is not credible, just judging from her profile. LOL Check out the teaser above. It looks promising and reminiscent of The Prince and the Pauper, Man in the Iron Mask and Sungkyunkwan Scandal (minus the fluff)

As soon as I saw your comment, I went to look at @Berou's profile, and I cracked up... :lol: Love the #sorrynotsorry and the location though xD

Oh @Berou there isn't anything wrong with your profile! I love how you express your love for the drama and Yoo Seung Ho though, haha!! Well made, well made..

47 minutes ago, ferily said:

-pokes my head in the thread- Hi there.

Hehe, well now that the drama is starting soon, definitely have to start following this... I know I am going to regret this because of the wait each week.. I was dying of the wait each week while watching Remember - The War of the Son... -sobs- All these good dramas coming out at the same time and it's so hard to watch all of them at the same time..!!! There are like 5 other dramas I need to watch and 3 of them are airing soon (@sakura2016 PSJ's drama is on my list and it's coming out this month too!), 1 of them is currently airing right now and 1 of them is finished but I need to finish it (only on Episode 5... It's Defendant)! Plus for me personally, I like to watch one drama at a time, but all the dramas are airing at the same time..!! The struggles of being a K-drama fan, especially when dramas come out at the same time....

Good question right here...

As soon as I saw your comment, I went to look at @Berou's profile, and I cracked up... :lol: Love the #sorrynotsorry and the location though xD

Oh @Berou there isn't anything wrong with your profile! I love how you express your love for the drama and Yoo Seung Ho though, haha!! Well made, well made..

chingu you can cry over my lost sanity by now, I just added one more drama that's going to start on may as well and how awesome to have each two of them start the same day and same timeslot back to back!! I'm amazed actually!! :blink: hhhhh but I have no regrets and really hope all turn out to be great-fun-addictive dramas!! :D and happy the wait is over with less (and litle more) than a week for them to start!! :w00t:

I have feeling I should leave this drama till it's fully aired so I won't suffer the waiting of every episode with fear and anxiouty but I made my mind since the news of Yoo Seung Ho taking on this drama that I'd watch it on going, I really wanted to watch his dramas and this was my push to just jump in though I'd relly hope he won't reak my heart to peices!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's a true fan!! and @Berou I like your profile and posts!! :wub: 

The prince casts off his mask to fight for the people in Ruler—Master of the Mask

by tipsymocha

ruler-050517-still1.jpg

We’ve made it beanies! We are now 5 days away from the premiere of MBC’s Ruler—Master of the Mask, and the show is busy in its last promo spurt. The drama has just released an extended trailer, as well as some more pretty stills of our main cast on the set. I don’t know about you, but I feel like I’ve been waiting for this drama for foreveerrrr.

The teaser begins with the prince’s birth in the palace, and Dae-mok, the villainous head of the shadow organization Pyeonsoohwae played by Heo Joon-ho (Beautiful Mind), boldly ordering the king to bring the prince before him. Huh, well, at least we know where we first stand in the power struggle between the royal family and Pyeonsoohwae. The king gravely requests of his son, “You must grow the strength to fight against them. One day, I pray that you will take off this mask and become a true ruler.” We see the military strength Pyeonsoohwae wields, and the king placing the titular mask over the face of his infant son.

We fast-forward to grown-up prince Lee Seon—portrayed by Yoo Seung-ho (Remember—Son’s War)—who is constantly hounded by rumors that he has to wear his mask because he’s cursed or diseased. As mentioned in earlier reports, he leaves the palace in search for answers, and while running away from the guards, he bumps into Ga-eun, played by Kim So-hyun (Bring It On, Ghost). Can I just say, I LOVE how she literally catches him in her arms, all reverse damsel-in-distress. That made my day.

The meet-cute scene was in a previous teaser as well, where the prince asks her whether she thinks he’s handsome and he flirts with her, but I have absolutely zero complaints about watching it all over again. *Rewind, play, repeat* Ga-eun is initially unimpressed with the prince and takes issue with him speaking down to her, to which he replies, “I’m someone who can do that.” Yeah, prince or no prince, you’re kind of asking for it when she stomps on your foot, hee. I have to admit, I squealed a little when the prince looked mighty pleased to find that Ga-eun isn’t betrothed. Great, now I know this drama is gonna tear my heart out when the eventual tragedy strikes.

http://tv.naver.com/mbc.gunju

Ga-eun and the peasant Lee Seon—portrayed by L (She’s So Lovable)—lead the prince to Woo-bo (played by Park Chul-min of Moonlight Drawn By Clouds), who is the first to inform the prince of the existence of Pyeonsoohwae. We see the king outnumbered in political allies in his own court, and that Dae-mok controls a vast army of warriors and politicians. The king rages at Dae-mok for his plan to privatize Joseon’s water supply, and Dae-mok says to his followers, “That water will supply our coffers!” The prince launches an investigation into Pyeonsoohwae’s efforts, but it looks like the king is threatened with the prince’s life, so the king orders the arrest and execution of Ga-eun’s father while ignoring the prince’s tear-filled protests. Eugh, the heartbreak is hard to take already. I’m gonna be a mess.

It looks like Woo-bo and Dae-mok also have some history together, as Woo-bo laments, “I see you have given up on being human and have become a dog.” We get a glimpse of Yoon So-hee’s (Memory) Hwa-gun character, when she asks her grandfather Dae-mok what would happen if she steals the prince’s heart. He replies, “Then you will have to make him watch his tongue.”

We see the prince lead his pauper into the palace and inform his father of his intention to make the pauper take his place. Flashes of intense fighting are shown as a woman asks offscreen, “Has anyone in this kingdom survived a fight with Dae-mok?” And the prince cries to his father, “I never asked to be the crown prince!” Hmmm, it looks like it’s still peasant Lee Seon behind the mask when he ascends the throne; I wonder whether that’s another power struggle the real prince will have to overcome.

This trailer promises epicness and heartrending angst in spades, and I am so ready for this show to start already. Take my tears, Ruler, I will gladly hand them over. Ruler—Master of the Mask will begin next Wednesday, May 10.

ruler-050517-still2.jpg

ruler-050517-still3.jpg

Spoiler

ruler-050517-still4.jpg

ruler-050517-still5.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser02.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser03.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser05.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser06.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser07.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser08.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser09.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser10.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser11.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser13.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser14.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser15.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser18.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser19.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser20.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser21.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser22.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser23.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser25.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser26.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser27.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser28.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser29.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser30.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser31.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser32.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser33.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser34.jpg

ruler-050517-teaser35.jpg

Via iMBC (1), iMBC (2), Sports Chosun, Insight, Naver TV

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/the-prince-casts-off-his-mask-to-fight-for-the-people-in-ruler-master-of-the-mask/

@sakura2016 You're talking about this drama and Suspicious Partner huh? I just found out awhile ago that these two dramas are in the same timeslot... That drama is on the list of dramas I need to watch too........ -crying-

Btw, @maryofbethany, you're still here on this thread right? You're definitely watching this drama for Yoo Seung Ho? :D

:heart: you can see Sohyun promoting Ruler on the Vapp here..

V drama

She said that we should watch Ruler like reading a new novel... Without thinking about the existing dramas or keeping it in a frame. BTW.. Sohyun states that  Han Ga Eun first love is Chun Soo (act by Actor Min Pil Jun) who understands her more. So this is a new character which we have no clues at all... Maybe he died early before she meets Sejaa.. 

fullsizephoto838048.jpg

Yeah... 4 more days to go.

For those who stays in Malaysia. You can watch Ruler(The Emperor: Master of the Mask) on the Oh!K channel at 8 pm every Thursday and Friday... Just one day late to the Korean air time.

@quockhanh45

These two writers not really newbies but maybe doesn't have a hit work script yet. Hopefully, Ruler is their perfect opportunity to shine. 

Archived