[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Christy Au finally glimpse of Yoo... even if its his back... better than nothing at all.... wonder did he wear that sotong-looking mask?.. i guess not. i actually hope it is completely pre-produced... then it wont be affect by rushing shooting. and change the ending or plot because of fans' pressures.

" Actor Kim Seo Kyung post his fighting training video on sns and his friend repost it mentioning that there are still 3 to 4 months shooting to go for MBC drama Ruler. It's probably because of the snowy weather which has affected the shooting, the drama shooting will be extended. So it will probably become 70% pre produced "
your IG said that.
70% produced. means the most important ending will only be filmed mid-way. they probably has to pre-filmed all the snowy scenes. before the snow melt... script not hard to write, if it is following faithful to historical narration..

i am watching the Rebel right now... finally a worthy saeguk in recent drama-history that has the real saeguk touches... i hope Ruler will be in the genre of the Rebel... 

10 hours ago, Berou said:

Didnt they begin filming early December ?

no they began filming early january as they only held their first script reading on the 23rd and after that they were probably busy filming the teaser for the MBC drama awards. 

7 hours ago, faye406 said:

Looking to these two above pictures make me wonder what kind of hair styles in this saeguk drama.... This is more likely to Goryeo era compare to the Joseon era..

and im not sure but i think this hairstlye was for the trailer only and im sure its a joseon drama (?) because i remember reading this whole thread and learning more information.

Just wanna share with you a fanart, it's my first digital painting so it has many flaws keke xD Cant wait for the drama to realease T.T I guess drawing fanarts is the only way for me to survive untill May T^T Tks everyone in Ruler thread for updating information and insightful posts <3 

53 minutes ago, junghana2104 said:

Just wanna share with you a fanart, it's my first digital painting so it has many flaws keke xD Cant wait for the drama to realease T.T I guess drawing fanarts is the only way for me to survive untill May T^T Tks everyone in Ruler thread for updating information and insightful posts <3 

Wow. Is this vector art? It's beautiful! I wish you'd do more of this. <3 

@Berou

Moderator, thank you for trying to take action against the ruler breakers, i regret myself of posting too much so i just liked their post (and not post or post something), i think we can make a good community by following all the rules, we can remain in peace with each other and can mantain the forum in a good status please everyone take note, it's important, the rules are there because its necesary to be fullfilled. I received an edit in one post, and i learned about it. Please read the warnings 

18 hours ago, Berou said:

Do not post consecutively (one after another).  Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.   Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion.  

Sorry for violating the rules !!  I am a new comer to soompi forum  , just starting to follow and post something on  forum in this year.  So I am really not familiar with the forum's rules and also not familiar with  the posting technique :confounded:.  I just want to share the pics I found with you all and I don't think the amounts of posts or points get here is of any important to me.  I just don't know how to post the pics properly !!! 

22 hours ago, Berou said:

I also ask for everybody's cooperation to not post every new IG publication and so on. Choose what is important to post and leave the useless stuff. We've already reached page 60 without any official news being released since December. This would keep the thread more focused and cleaner. Everyone will get a better overall experience then.

@Berou thanks for reminder. someone old-timer like me, its worst, because i am always here for long time, will even feel more relax and take my liberty to talk talk talk and accidentally break some rules... hah. do feel free to warn me, hint me whatever.

may be when drama started, you can do a demo of the rules esp about spoiler, or quoting. or what to say, what not to say... i thank you for talking about Focus. my weakness is NOT focus, i tensed to go yak non stop too passionately, some of the old soompi chingus will noticed this weakness of mine, don't know whether do you notice. i tensed to talk too much heatedly or passionately about my favourite female character.. sometimes i got to overwhelmed and angery with some comments... anyone here pls sound me off. yes, we tensed to talk about things not totally related, or out of point and out of context... just remind each other gently and tenderly, thanks  and good nite. meanwhile i have been doing some soul-searching after Goblin over... times of reflecting myself, how to become a better chingus-here.

btw, saw the precious bts of YSH carry a girl at the street.. must be one of his casual clothes sneak walk into the street to study peasants' livelihood.. nice that he show forth a kind hearted prince, instead of the legendary mad and unstable Sado. Yes, Berou, i still want an official annoucement that YSH is Prince Sado.

what? they're barely starting to look for a replacement actress now? I feel like a character like her would be introduced early in the series. Not to mention we know that she already filmed some scenes since she uploaded a picture of herself in her costume.. I wonder why they decided to replace her? Ugh I feel like pre-produced dramas goes wary because they don't film episodes consecutively...I hope this drama is not filming scenes from different episodes at once. 

And I found out that one of the writer of this drama park hye jin helped with the "scenario" of the movie Kundo:age of rampants and yellow sea. Of course, helping with a scenario is totally different from penning an entire drama ...And I guess the other writer was one of the many assistant writers for Yi san and Gyabek. But both of them really don't have a lot of experience under their belt...

Ruler is currently trending no.1 on Naver. The reason of her dropping Ruler is because of movie filming schedule. The reason her company gave is quite of a reach to me. It doesn't sound convincing at all. Hope the staffs and actors are all okay, they already so busy with filming in the cold weather already. Now they need to filming some scenes again, her role seems pretty important too.

I feel like this is media play by Huayi Brothers... I just realized that Hwang Wool Seul Hye is signed with Huayi Brothers... 

and from what I see she doesn't even have a movie coming up... so weird. Anyways do you guys think that Park Jin Joo is replacing her? I know we've already seen her at ruler filming site. I really like her so I would be happy if that's the case. But I wonder why she wasn't announced as a cast. I also feel like compared to other sageuks there hasn't been a very comprehensive announcement of actors. Like the cast so far seems very small in numbers compared to other sageuks.

i hope they won't have to film her characters scene all over again. They are already behind schedule as they said that they are going to have to film in June as well. I wonder if they are going to change the premiere date as well? i hope they don't>< I just need some official photos and I will be happy but this wait is killing me><

:bawling:

Okay I have to say this..I feel like it was really unprofessional of her to drop out of this drama unless she's just being used for mediaplay by her agency (a.k.a huayi brothers)...

I just read an article saying that she's already filmed over dozen scenes for the drama... so if that's true, they'll have to film those scenes all over again! And for her to drop out just so she can go work on another project is really unprofessional imo. It's a waste of money and time for all of the actors and staff. Tbh, the moment they had casted her I had a bad feeling. She's never been a bad actress but her acting style and face would not have suited sageuks. and she isn't even one of the main leads... I don't understand why she couldn't work on this project at the same time as her other one.... I saw Korean comments on DC and people were calling her unprofessional as well. Now with all of these issues and them being behind filming, I worry about the quality of the drama. 

I hope MBC releases some details about this drama soon... everything has been so secretive compared to the King Loves, which have so many BTS pictures already.

that's honestly a slap in the face to all the cast and staff who has been working hard for months now. its already cold in korea as it is and now the scheduling is probably going to be more hectic.

I hope the staf & cast don't get ill, they've all been working hard

I just want to share this. I wonder if they already know each other at this part. Hmm, I wish some official updates will be released soon, I mean its almost April anyway. On the other hand, it seems like this series has a lot lot lot of kids or child actors in it.

Edit: Here are some of the updates from @laundryman_hongsi IG :D For those who haven't seen it yet. Yoo completely in a mask:ph34r:

haha I'm not sure how to feel about the mask. It kind of comes out weird in some pictures but it might look fine on screen. I do like that it's covering his entire face, because sometimes when characters wear half masks it doesn't really conceal their faces... And with this mask, the whole prince switch thing is more believable. 

Archived