[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

Alright, this caught my eyes before I sleep, after posting the above picture from beautyandthebigboss, this post is from there as well, so this is future Wang So?

ANONYMOUS
Did you see joon gi's insta post. His caption was  I got curious what did he mean by that? I was hoping there would be a special about Wang So living in the future and meeting Hae So too 

There actually is, the bts photo was circulating online, and LJG and Ji Soo also confirmed about that there’s a longer version of the ending, and the 21st Century Wang So actually exists. However it was deleted after a long discussion of the producers for a reason we have yet to find out. Maybe they just want to follow the ending in the original novel, or they want to be different from the Chinese version.
AND! I’m also pretty sure the actors are also not aware which scenes they shot will be aired, so maybe he wants us to anticipate if they will release it as an alternate, special or director’s cut episode 

if you’re still curious you can check this out 

CwS56J5UkAATDax.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, chi13lou said:

I'll give Hanna the benefit of the doubt but she seriously has bad timing. Is this her way of justifying her character's hate for HS?

Holy crap shes got the worst timing. The only timing she had right was when she left before LJG showed up at the last dinner party <3

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, riuenu said:

Alright, this caught my eyes before I sleep, after posting the above picture from beautyandthebigboss, this post is from there as well, so this is future Wang So?

ANONYMOUS
Did you see joon gi's insta post. His caption was  I got curious what did he mean by that? I was hoping there would be a special about Wang So living in the future and meeting Hae So too 

There actually is, the bts photo was circulating online, and LJG and Ji Soo also confirmed about that there’s a longer version of the ending, and the 21st Century Wang So actually exists. However it was deleted after a long discussion of the producers for a reason we have yet to find out. Maybe they just want to follow the ending in the original novel, or they want to be different from the Chinese version.
AND! I’m also pretty sure the actors are also not aware which scenes they shot will be aired, so maybe he wants us to anticipate if they will release it as an alternate, special or director’s cut episode 

if you’re still curious you can check this out 

Hello! I have seen multiple people say that these pictures are from his Lotte CF. It's not related to Scarlet Heart. But he's FIOOOONNNE, right? 

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Scarlet Heart Ryeo has ended and I actually rewatched the entire series from eps 1-20 again to recapture So-Soo moments and see how their love began right up to such an everlasting one that even transcends time, place and dimension.  Their love was so deep, powerful and connected that even in the future that Soo returned to she could hear So's voice of love and promises calling out for her to remember him.  That's true love!!!

I honestly salute LJK for being such a fabulous and outstanding actor, who as usual, delivers a great and lasting impression in his dramas.  

You are one brave soul for going through it again lol I've been meaning to do that bc I miss the series so much and its only been a couple of days. sigh

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, _yellowcarina_ said:

Hello! I have seen multiple people say that these pictures are from his Lotte CF. It's not related to Scarlet Heart. But he's FIOOOONNNE, right? 

Yes, those pics are from a CF. Which I'm glad because I don't know if I want such a flashy modern So (Italian sports car, turtleneck and blazer with a weird trim). This version of Joongi looks like a chaebol. And not the chaebol that works hard at the family company to prove to everyone that he really deserves to be here. The chaebol that lives off the family money and has never shown an interest in the family business yet storms into the boardroom when the patriarch/matriarch dies. 

Modern So in my mind is wearing torn jeans, white tee, runners, and drives a motorcycle. His day job is, I don't know, I have to think about that. Criminal defence lawyer? Management? Engineer? Dot com entrepreneur? Help me out here?

• Like 17

55 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Ugh, if the editor really did edit those scenes out, the editor is literally the worst. This is what really frustrated me about the editing and writing. The series was pre-produced with original source material to reference. From the very beginning the director, writer, editor, and any other production staff should've sat down to storyboard the entire series; the theme, tone, character development, plot, everything. But they didn't and it shows. Plot threads, character development going off the rails, cliffhanger ending, etc.... 

Remember in English classes back in high school and college/university (in North America, English is our writing composition course where you read books and write essays about them), the professors would yell at you about writing out an outline before writing your essay? I wish SHR had a showrunner that had forced everyone to sit down and write out a complete outline/storyboard, even a bare bones skeleton one. Then the showrunner would yell at people to focus when they started to wander from the storyboard.

In this example of Soo being a smart and cunning character, production should've figured this out from very beginning if Soo was that smart. They shouldn't be workshopping it while filming/editing. Watching the last four episodes, I felt as if the writer and editor were still trying to figure out "where do I go from here?" Holy richard simmons, people, you're not working on a mystery novel, you should know by now where the show is heading. 

Edit: Heh. I got my first Richard Simmons censorship:)

Edit: To stay on the thread's topic: Even though we debunked the IG rumour that Voldemort and IU broke up, I stand by my analysis that none of JoonU's behaviour adds up when you look at it from the context of Voldemort and IU's branding. Go JoonU!

In a way, I also hoped that they established the ending and worked their way back to determine which scenes would be necessary to get to that ending. Jieun mentioned her becoming ruthless and maybe this had something to do with the cut scene mentioned by Hanna.

• Like 17

Spoiler
20 minutes ago, Erin45 said:

Finished watching the last episode and strangely, I did not hate it as others. But yeah, they could have put something coherent rather than an open ending with so many holes and questions.  

As for our OTP, I had to backthread just to read all of your analysis and it is spot on. I don't want to feed everyone's illusions but based on my observations, IU is single now.  I could be wrong but her behavior this week is consistent of what I knew of her. As her long time fan, she is known to be stubborn and to speak her mind.  However, due to her scandals, she became more cautious especially with her leading men to avoid any unnecessary publicity - ie. in her previous drama, eventhough she and KSH are good friends, she does not interact with him that much during their fan meeting. She invited JJS & Cha tae hyun on her concerts because they are already taken. She was never close with Jang Geun Seuk. As a fan, I even believe that JKH as her bf is her safety net, people will not ship her because she is taken.  Despite being cautious, she is one of the honest k-idol I know that is why anti's love to hate her. She never succumbed to what they want - ie. apologised for her music scandal but only due to interpretation thing but she never apologised for the song or have taken out the song from her album as what anti's want.  She is still friends with Sulli and Jiyeon, two of most hated by knetz.  And if she really like someone, she usually hinted on it. Before her relationship with JKH was revealed, she already hinted in her previous interview that she confessed to her crush. Before her scandal with that famous kpop idol happened, she spoke in one of her guesting that she cannot understand a guy who seems to like her but replies only on her messages after a long time.  So she is known in the industry for having a strong character and genuine and not someone on which her image was controlled by her agency.  Maybe during her nation sister image she was, but after every scandals and how she manage to bounce back, they have now a sort of understanding - on which IU even revealed also on her interview. Also, she is not known to promote stuff she doesn't have passion in on social media.  That is why she is quiet for the last 2 months when SHR is being aired and suddenly, we saw her many post in IG   and afterwards, she cut her hair - due to being colored and that picture of them. Maybe she is really happy with the SHR cast as she gained a lot of friends so she need to post her happiness. For cutting hair, maybe it was really damaged but I don't think so since her hair before it was cut looks good on her, she looks good in CF filming on that hair and it does not look damaged to me..if I compared it during 2013 when she had cut it. Now, the picture, she did not post it on her IG when almost everyone has post it even LJK. Why? She is cautious and IU as cautious is fishy as she is not cautious for the last 2 weeks so why now when SHR is almost ended. She can now post anything she wants but she did not and post her women friends and child instead but never the one with LJK.  For me, her agency could have reprimanded her for her previous post 2 weeks ago when she can't contain her happiness and she was being lectured on her previous scandal, which she also posted because of her emotions. That is why everyone here asking her to post on IG for any pictures of the OTP, be happy that she is not posting anything because it means what you think is true. I don't know about LJK because I am not his fan. To be honest, I like him as an actor before but I don't like effeminate men so there is that doubt in my mind if he is really straight. That is why it is silly that I am shipping him with IU because when I see them, he become a man to me. I ended up checking his interviews and he saying“Of course I have dated an older woman before. It’s good if the person has deep thoughts, consideration for others and can communicate well with me. Age is just a number to me. Love becomes unconditional when you fall for someone right? I also believe that the right person will appear one day so I have no intentions to deliberately choose someone who is older or younger than me.” 

I am not really a fan of him but based on that, I believe he did meet her on SHR. And it even fueled my belief that IU had left a huge impression on him as she is indeed known in the industry that one of her talents is counselling, reason why her bff Inna do love her despite very huge difference in age.

Thank you for posting this! I'm always curious as to how long term IU fans view her recent behavior and it confirms what we JoonU shippers have been suspecting the past few weeks. I was kind of conflicted in the beginning as like youve said, LJG is quite effeminate, so I had no idea for sure if he would REALLY be attracted to her but upon seeing all their reel AND real life interactions - there aint no doubt in mah mind that he's hooked on Jieunssi <3 

• Like 20

I know I'm going way back in the thread, but I never got a chance to thank our chingu for posting this (OMO...so sorry I don't remember now who did). The Fingertalk question was "if you were the female lead which prince would you fall in love with?" I love the glance they share after their arms cross and touch each other.

cosmo%207_zpsewilsiqp.jpg

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Erin45 said:

So she is known in the industry for having a strong character and genuine and not someone on which her image was controlled by her agency.

If I can't have JoonU, my second wish is for IU to become friends with Taylor Swift. They could be so good for each other since they're both smart business women in the music industry and both seem genuinely nice and cool. #SquadGoals

Thanks for input as a long time IU fan, this definitely makes us JoonU shippers happy!

• Like 14

9 hours ago, qwenli said:

Can anyone explain why is her concert call 24steps: 1234? I know she is consider 24 years old in korean age, but 1, 2, 3, 4....?

I'm not sure but maybe it is just date of her concerts? December (12) 3rd and 4th

• Like 10

My 2 cents about group couple shoot :D I like it because it is obviously mutual) I mean if JE was sitting on her chair and JG suddenly placed his body behind hers making pose, she could pull a bit away or just sit straight. But what I see on that photo is that she leans on him and put her head towards him! And all thing seems very very NATURAL :sweatingbullets:

Also about after filming selfie- yes, it is friendly, but yet it feels different from picture JG took with KH the same day)

• Like 19

i think its safe to said that after filming and now JG and Jieun have totally different dynamic in their relationship.. this one maybe because when they filming its all about work and a lot of people around them but JG for me did't really care about people or camera he just do what he want when he around Jieun.. after filming they monitor each other and give feedback... 

i think this is when JG realize their chemistry as an actor and how he missed working with her.. so they keep in touch and became more closer then when they filming cause there is no camera or people.. just both of them sharing their view and we can see on pic their closeness.. if they just a co star trust me it will awkward as hell for them if they sit like that leaning to each other... lol 

also notice how JG praise Jieun... the most memorable line is Jieun not lacking in any way... coming from guy that really afraid of scandal.. kekkeke

• Like 22

@riuenu

yess it was for his new lotte web drama,, well I'm bit dissapointed because he's met another woman with his ferrari house it should be hae soo, or LJE omg I can't even see him with another woman i guess they are really destroy my mind, i will really enjoy here thank you..

Guys what do you think JG reaction if JE became the lead female for lotte web drama and she must kiss that 6 hot guy??? Delulu mind 

For their photo its really strange for best friend to if they are best friend, i have boy friend too taht very close to me and help each other but i will never lean on him like that even if i was single.. I let my family see that photo and ask their opinion and baam they think JG and JE was couple, my family didn't even know who are them.....

Yes somehow I'm glad too but seriously I really want her to post her cute selfie with fairy dress for sudden attack, she's soooo cuteeee with that dress i wonder what JG think when he see her with that dress.. @Erin45

• Like 15