[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

1 hour ago, jetsu said:

I'm late to comment on their group pic because work and real life.  Anyway the first thing came in mind when I saw the pic is 'they started dating?' because the way they stuck together and the happiness reminded me when my bf and I first dated. This was how we were in pics with friends. 

wow, thanks for confirming my feels :wub:

so anyway, i cant help to post this gathering pix again.

colour looks funny because I brightened it

adjusted_zpsiondfa4y.png

Anybody can see they are an item right? :tears:

[spoiler/]

• Like 20

Will post the similarities between Nicky Wu & JoonGi and Cecilia Lin & Jieun before the weekend. I just need more details about the similarities between JoonGi and Jieun.

Who was it that posted the astrology data about the two of them? Can you pls. share it with me?LOL

Thanks.

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Will post the similarities between Nicky Wu & JoonGi and Cecilia Lin & Jieun before the weekend. I just need more details about the similarities between JoonGi and Jieun.

Who was it that posted the astrology data about the two of them? Can you pls. share it with me?LOL

Thanks.

@qwenli You're our resident astrology expert, right?

• Like 13

I seriously cannot listen to this song without getting emotional. All I see are images of HS-WS in my head and their love story - such a beautiful song!

https://youtu.be/CUEVug5PUIU

Out of all the dramas that I have watched, I think HS-WS' love story ranks at the top. I love the way their relationship progressed. It started out with indifference/tinge of curiosity, friendship, attraction, liking each other, and then full blown all consuming love. 

Gosh, Hae-Soo... she loved him so much. Out of all the princes, only Wang So was able to experience her love in all aspects. She gave birth to his child so that her love for him can still transpire in the daughter they created together. And, what girl doesn't want a guy to love you as much as Wang So loved Hae Soo? I think after episode 18, the reality truly hit him that he cannot have the throne and her at the same time. He was angry about that because he truly made himself believe that if he was King that everything would go his way. It made him stubborn and ruthless. But in that, he turned into someone that she did not want to support anymore and plus she had their child to protect. Can you imagine being her, a girl from the 21st century going through all this crap? I would have been like EFF THIS, and checked myself out in episode 10 or 11, no matter how chiseled his jaw line is. But she stayed, let him married another woman, and continued to love and support him in his ambition to be king. I am sad that So experienced the loss of the love of his life but I am relieved that Soo is finally freed from all that bull crap lol but I guess it equally sucks because she retained all her memories and no other guy will measure up to him unless she meets a future WANG SO (come on SBS, PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE THIS CLIP, so I can move onnnn with my life!!!)

• Like 23

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

hmm, i wouldnt get so carried away by the breakup news from an unverified source.

The thing about Taurus is that they can stay in a relationship long after it has gone stale. They stay because they are loyal and comfortable and unless something big came in to destroy the relationship, they just stay......

----------------

LJG is fairly an open book personality but till this day I find it mysterious that IU posted the pegasus bts pix. Did some of her feelings come out diuring watching the show? Was that her favourite scene? HOW COME nobody asked her what is her favourite scene? How come there is still no post interview of IU??? I am eagerly waiting, sooner or later she has to face a reporter, she has a concert coming up in Dec.....

I cant believe its Thursday morning my time and I am still writing about a drama that ended on Tuesday night...I need to move on.

Lol so I could hardly sleep last night and I wake up to news of rumours they've broken up? What XD

I mean yes, its unconfirmed, but yay for any sort of possibility.

I'm not really one who believes in horoscopes (my mom did a c-section and the doctor chose a date really near Aries) but yeah as a Taurus I stay with someone for a really long time even when it can't work out. I did eventually manage to leave though. Hopefully IU has better sense and quicker timing! Haha. 

Another reason why I wouldn't use horoscopes to ship them is cos Aries and Taurus are not well-known to go together so I wouldn't wanna hinge on that.

Yeah I felt that the interview questions for IU are so little? I'm not sure if it's her agency protecting her or her decision (managers can brief beforehand on what can/cannot be asked). 

---

Anyway, was reading a recap by a korean news blog on Ep 20 and one commenter thought that the baby is Wang Jung's. Face palm hahahaha. Just a fun moment to laugh at

---

Anyway, so happy to be in this thread guys :) And the hard work put in by @akinahana89. Thank you! I think what really keeps us here other than our OTP is the camaraderie between all the actors. We can sense their happiness and friendship. Likewise I hope that in this thread all of us will be happy together~~~~~

• Like 18

5 hours ago, chi13lou said:

I want the extra scene while waiting for the announcement!

@cmluv what's the name of the one who posted the "good news"(FOR US)? Wake up, @riuenu aka stalker! You have to find out if the break-up news is true! Sleep is not important as we might all die of happiness today.

I never imagined that I would be happy because of a break-up.

THIS MADE ME LAUGH! WE'RE REALLY CRAZY JOONU TRASH NOW AREN'T WE? :w00t:

WvQbfEg.png

WE NEED AN OFFICIAL NEWS ABOUT THIS! SHERLOCK HOLMES ACTION NEEDED EH?

AND THIS TURLENECK LOOKS FAMILIAR :phew:

Spoiler

CwPAtzlUIAE1SQR.jpg

• Like 20

44 minutes ago, _yellowcarina_ said:

I seriously cannot listen to this song without getting emotional. All I see are images of HS-WS in my head and their love story - such a beautiful song!

https://youtu.be/CUEVug5PUIU

Out of all the dramas that I have watched, I think HS-WS' love story ranks at the top. I love the way their relationship progressed. It started out with indifference/tinge of curiosity, friendship, attraction, liking each other, and then full blown all consuming love. 

Gosh, Hae-Soo... she loved him so much. Out of all the princes, only Wang So was able to experience her love in all aspects. She gave birth to his child so that her love for him can still transpire in the daughter they created together. And, what girl doesn't want a guy to love you as much as Wang So loved Hae Soo? I think after episode 18, the reality truly hit him that he cannot have the throne and her at the same time. He was angry about that because he truly made himself believe that if he was King that everything would go his way. It made him stubborn and ruthless. But in that, he turned into someone that she did not want to support anymore and plus she had their child to protect. Can you imagine being her, a girl from the 21st century going through all this crap? I would have been like EFF THIS, and checked myself out in episode 10 or 11, no matter how chiseled his jaw line is. But she stayed, let him married another woman, and continued to love and support him in his ambition to be king. I am sad that So experienced the loss of the love of his life but I am relieved that Soo is finally freed from all that bull crap lol but I guess it equally sucks because she retained all her memories and no other guy will measure up to him unless she meets a future WANG SO (come on SBS, PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE THIS CLIP, so I can move onnnn with my life!!!)

Wasn't it YH the snake who told him that he could have everything if he becomes the king?

• Like 9

@chi13lou - From my interpretation, and this is mine, other people might interpret it differently. At the end of episode 16/episode 17, he was talking about how when he was stuck building the new castle, that if he became king, he could change everything - the world would change if the king changes. And at that moment, I really think he believed that he would make everything right again, that he would have everything worked out, including marrying HS, but of course, the universe wasn't cool with that and they threw all these obstacles at him but I think from that episode, I interpreted it as that he was hopeful that he could be King and everything would go his way, less violence. Again, just my interpretation. I know that there were a lot of people feeding him stuff but at that particular moment, I think that he thought he could have everything if he was King. 

Yes, YH did tell him that but I remember that he said something along the lines of eff off to her when she tried to block him from getting the Crown Prince. 

EDIT: YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY FIND THE BEST GIFS ON THE INTERNET, HANDS DOWN. 

I wonder how much we have to beg for SBS to release this clip. It's painful, just waiting. 

• Like 20

ok who got me started with astrology? this is going to be long......you ask for it. :)

@liplockvomit  Ah, your birthdate make me very curious, if your birthdate borders on Aries and Taurus. 

For e.g. I think most people will assume Lee Min Ho is a Cancer sun sign base on his birthday but ever since he got attached to Suzy, I believe he could be a very late stage Gemini because on his birthdate, depending on what time he was borned, the sun sign changes. So people whose birthdate are on the borders of two signs should generate a birthchart (free online) and check their actual sun signs.

-----------------------------------------

Anyway, back to our JoonU, what can I say. I made a mistake with Nicky Wu's sign earlier, I thought he was a Aries, but he is actually a Scorpio which is highly compatible with fellow water sign Pisces Cecelia. Theirs is a straightforward marriage case.

JoonU is a bit more complex, not so much their individual charts, but because LJE met Volermort first and he has a deep lock on her. I am pretty sure if they are not celebs, they would be engaged to marry. Of course without knowing their birth time, the picture is not complete, however even without birthtime, I could see why LJE went with her bf. This is the same conclusion I got from looking at the charts of Lee Minho+Suzy and Kim WooBin+Shin Minah. I understand their connection with each other.

I didnt want to burst any bubbles that's why I didnt write about this earlier. 

Coming back to the pairing of Aries/Taurus, its possible. These are side by side signs which I mentioned before, that is, after Aries birthday, its Taurus birthday. Its like your friendly neighbour next door, there is essentially not much conflict unlike say Aries/Cancer or Aries/Capricorn, which will fight with each other constantly.haha 

In any case, we need to look at the whole chart to get the picture, not only the sun signs. It can work between Aries and Taurus if the Aries is a guy and the Taurus is a woman, because Aries is essentially the alpha male and Taurus is the feminine sign. So luckily LJG is the guy and LJE is the woman. haha.

The other way round, probably the traditional Taurus guy will be irritated by the gutsy Aries girl who is working hard to build a career or bungee jumping once in a while. 

Here we have Lee Joon Gi as quite the archetype of an Aries ruled by the planet Mars - all action, restless, brave, direct and open. Sometimes dashing in without thinking. Fortunately, he has quite a number diplomatic Libra stuff in him, so that dashing about got moderated, especially since he is now pass 30 and not a boy.  He is indeed an alpha male at his core, with a dash of that gentleman Libra (think James Bond types) we see at fan meets. 

Then in comes Lee Ji Eun, a well balanced Taurus ruled by the planet Venus - feminine, gentle, patient and never loud. I need to highlight that she has her moon in Pisces which gives her added softness and charm. But before you think she is all squishy soft with no backbone, she got her Venus and Mars in fiery signs Aries and Leo, giving her interests in activities like dancing , games and a delight in spontaneity which are all in great comfort with LJG's energy.

She likes him in a certain way, the directness, the liveliness.:wub: and his Venus in Pisces, shares her love for music.

So I do see things in their individual charts that are compatible, but the lock is not as strong as the LMH/Suzy or KWB/SMA cases. It also depends on how much patience LJG has and am afraid as an Aries, they just dun wait at the traffic light for very long, but the Taurus girl needs to know that the guy in her life is stable, not running off to where she doesnt know. Security is an important feature. Certainly LJG's achievements will impress the practical side of her. 

Still, I have to say without the birth time we dont get to see the complete picture, and that could change quite a lot of what they meant to each other. 

Ok the rest is up to our imagination. :D Personally, I never forget LJE's face when she said Pe-ga-sa-sus to LJG. It was real adoration.

• Like 23

It seems dramabeans too has their own share of JoonU shippers:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-20-final/

Marimari November 1st, 2016 at 8:03 PM

This show will be my last kdrama for a long long time. It’s got me emotionally spent without much of a reward. Just like Soo, I thought if I endured long enough, hold on tight enough, it will be rewarded by a chance at happiness in the end. Boy was I wrong, so wrong. Just like Soo, I’ve been too naive but I was not strong enough to leave. I stuck til the very end and paid the price. To close this I wanted to say: Show, if i never watched you, I would not have all this unnecessary angst, if I didn’t click the play button, my heart would not have palpitate so much, if you’ve given that happy ending like you promised, I wouldn’t need this much therapy from dramabeans.

But I am naive and will most likely do it all over again if there’s a chance of season 2 ever happening. I will sink with my IU-LJK ship

• 4.1 Sinjuma November 1st, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Totally agreed.

I adore LJK so much that I have pulled through 50 man-hours to:

1) watch the International Live Broadcast,
    2) Read Dramabeans Recap,
    3) Watch Internet Version.

My one-sided love was futile because the show tell me we do not need to live happily ever; just some happy memories to endure the pain of loneliness will suffice (-_-;)

• 4.1.1 Marimari November 2nd, 2016 at 2:20 AM

@Sinjuma, painful memories to live out your days is such a sad notion, but something the drama seem to have enjoyed dishing out

• 4.1.2 shelly November 2nd, 2016 at 12:01 PM

memories of LJK killing the role: priceless.

too bad nobody much saw him do it in korea – seriously, this might be his best adult role yet.

i live to hope – next role he’ll be great AND the story will make sense, AND the girl will be up to par with his scene presence.

seriously, why bother employing LJK if no more effort was spent into making it a good tale, or in having the rest of the cast invest themselves fully into it? this will be remembered as LJK and the rest, not MLSHR…

• 4.2 anggi November 1st, 2016 at 11:20 PM

@mari-mari OMIGODDDDD!!! You just sum up everything that I feel. And yes, I will too sink with my IU-LJK ship

• 4.3 FanOfLeeJunKi'sMane November 2nd, 2016 at 12:07 AM

I shall sink with you three~

totally gonna watch it. regardless.

• 4.3.1 Marimari November 2nd, 2016 at 12:24 AM

@FanOfLeeJunKi’sMane @anggi Good to have company in this ship! A lot of people may not see the chemistry between these two but they are seriously good looking together. I’ve never seen anyone match Lee Jun Ki’s visuals (Shi Min Ah was close) except IU. She’s radiant and charismatic onscreen despite her badly written character

My consolation for this mess of an ending was they looked chummy in their after party photos. Ship, sail on!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwOb5hIVIAAT4IQ.jpg

• 4.4 pogo November 2nd, 2016 at 1:57 AM

@Marimari – you could have taken the words right off my own keyboard.

And I’m another believer in the fact that LJK and IU did have chemistry – like you, I think she’s the best match he’s had onscreen since Shin Mina, even if she’s imperfect and the drama went out of its way to neutralise them at times by constantly making Su reluctant/fearful. If only the script and PD had been even a little better and less hung up on keeping So/Su looking ‘pure’ even when we KNOW they’re sharing a bedroom, IU could have pulled it off too.

• 4.4.1 Marimari November 2nd, 2016 at 2:17 AM

@pogo A hundred times YES! It’s almost as if the director/writer think we won’t be able to handle team SoSu if they had done it right so they stuck us with a haphazard portrayal of this epic love affair.

That makeup scene where she was taking off his mask and tracing his scar? That took the cake out of all romantic kdrama scenes I have seen.

The infinite possibilities of what could have beens….

• 4.4.2 banini November 2nd, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Do you know if IU has some sort of clause the she should always look wholesome? I heard she was like little sister of Korea so I thought that was the reason the drama was careful about showing more sexual tension between her and LJG.

• 4.4.2.1 skelly November 2nd, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Ugh. THIS is why you dont cast idols.

• 4.5 Quinze November 2nd, 2016 at 3:52 PM

I actually really like IU’s acting. It’s not perfect but she’s got good chemistry with her stars. This one was no exception.

But unfortunately, they butchered her character so badly I have no idea who the heck she was meant to be.

I’m so annoyed.

• Like 22

Hello everyone I'm new here and always silent reader..

But JoonU couple already destroy my life because their amazing chemistry..

And about their photo together even my mom think they were real couple from the way they sit together.

And did you guys realize something in chromatic eyes that joon post in his IG if we screen shot his cat shire eyes and IU cat shire it looks like he's watching her,because the column became side by side and it give me chill from the way he look at her..

and i just realize he delete the bromance video before the "hello"not too long ago, i wonder why??

to me its suspicious, i guess i'm too much delulu mind now,, anyway nice to meet you all, sorry for my poor english..

• Like 20

1 hour ago, chelleshawol said:

Hello JoonU shippers! I'm a newbie here. I decided to join you guys because of my withdrawal syndrome of our OTP and I also started to ship IU and Joon Gi after seeing that group photo. They are bursting with chemistry ^_^

Btw sorry if this was mentioned before but IU and JoonGi both have a cute mole on their cheeks. IU on her left and JG on his right. One similarity of our couple :wub:

#CheekMoleCouple

6 minutes ago, Thirza Zhavira said:

Hello everyone I'm new here and always silent reader..

But JoonU couple already destroy my life because their amazing chemistry..

And about their photo together even my mom think they were real couple from the way they sit together.

And did you guys realize something in chromatic eyes that joon post in his IG if we screen shot his cat shire eyes and IU cat shire it looks like he's watching her,because the column became side by side and it give me chill from the way he look at her..

and i just realize he delete the bromance video before the "hello"not too long ago, i wonder why??

to me its suspicious, i guess i'm too much delulu mind now,, anyway nice to meet you all, sorry for my poor english..

Welcome you two to the JoonU delulu heavenly ship ! :blush:

Like @qwenli mentioned, there is ALOT to read in this thread that you will surely love and might make you an even more dedicated fan of JoonU so do have fun reading and giving us all your opinions about this lovely ship !

@Thirza Zhavira Your english is just fine dear, Do post more about your love for JoonU !

• Like 12

@Thirza Zhavira yes yes, we did discuss that chromatic eyes pix at length here earlier on :)

I guess he delete the bromance vid because he doesnt need bromance, he needs ROMANCE. :D Did you count how many photos of LJE he has on his public IG, its incredible, his heart is full of her..... I cant even.....

@bitofmadness omo, now LJE is influenced to wear black leather jacket with silver zips????? I dont ship clothings matches, but ..... oh anyway....:sweatingbullets: See all the boxing she is doing? Its her Venus in Aries and Mars in Leo coming out. hahah

• Like 17