[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

On 1/29/2017 at 8:40 PM, caramelovers75 said:

Sorry for late reply, chingu! Noted!! Number 2 already on the process. LOL, I've planned it for a long time actually (after SAF FMV), but didn't have enough time to work at it. And somehow, public situation (after JE's broke up news) wasn't appropriate enough to upload it to public. I worried it would become misleading materials for haters. So, I keep low key for a while. But now, I'm in the process of making it. Wish me luck. JE is a tough cookie when it comes to expression, LOL. But yes, it's true, she is bad at lying. LOL!!! You'll know when you watch my FMV later.

Kyaaahhh omg thank you very much in accepting my request! I understand that you needed to lie low in making the FMV because of the bashers party happened after the break up release. I will be here chinggu, waiting for your right time to upload another masterpiece :rolleyes:

• Like 11

This is SHipper's thread so I dont know why people who didnt ship them keep coming here and drop BoMB 

THIS IS SHIPPER'S THREAD you knowwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop if you dont want JoonU be a couple ! If you think between them didnt have something so pls dont came here and make us feel p*ss off !!!!!!Forgive me if i am saying something bothering !! just cant take it anymore !! Cant lurking and i have to say somthing 

Edited by lylunglinh
  • Like 18

16 hours ago, lylunglinh said:

This is SHipper's thread so I dont know why people who didnt ship them keep coming here and drop BoMB 

THIS IS SHIPPER'S THREAD you knowwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop if you dont want JoonU be a couple ! If you think between them didnt have something so pls dont came here and make us feel p*ss off !!!!!!Forgive me if i am saying something bothering !! just cant take it anymore !! Cant lurking and i have to say somthing 

16 hours ago, riuenu said:

Hey stargazers!!!! Happy Lunar New Year for those who is celebrating it, sorry for the late wishes, really very busy these few days!! Hopefully everything, hmmmm, went well?

Alright, I should cut all the greeting tho the above is really what I wanna wish uri STARGAZERS HERE, I really mean, just stargazers...

Like what the title of this forum say, this is shipper paradise, and like what our thread title said, this is the shipping thread for JoonU, it's our little paradise, and it's always my happy pill, even I am away from the thread, doesn't mean my heart and mind isn't here.

I understand, our thread is famous and popular enough to attract more and more wanted and UNWANTED visitors, those who just wanna lurk here, note that, this is JoonU SHIPPING THREAD, YES, WE SHIP THEM, DAMN LOTS!

AND those who are not shipping, yet wanna butt in to sank the ship, read and go against our comments, really people, just leave, do respect this thread and do respect our shipping, I might not understand why u can't see whatever we are seeing, but I respect all non shipper too, so for God sake, respect this thread, respect us STARGAZERS, and respect our choice of shipping JoonU, no one force u to ship them with us,

therefore, if you are just wanna be a sadist, lurk here, spoil our analysis, fun and sink our ship, do u mind, just kindly leave, thanks for all your unwanted comments here, we saw it, we knew what you trying to do, so just leave our little paradise will you? 

These lurkers who do not ship them should just get out here if they just want to mess the peace and beautiful atmosphere here. Seriously why would you be here if you are not a JoonU shipper? Did you not see the name of this thread? This thread is for those who ship LEE JOON GI and LEE JI EUN and not those who hate and criticized them to be together. :angry: SO STAY AWAY! Shooo~! :expressionless:

• Like 23

58 minutes ago, lylunglinh said:

Oh I hope this wasn't referring to my previous posted clip and discussion on 'Bel Ami FM' + the comparisons? Because if it was so, I would like to say that my message's been totally misunderstood then. My sincere apologies for not being able to deliver my intended points well. That post was supposed to highlight the points to those who regarded JoonU interaction as merely a 'brilliant, pure business-related' strategy i.e. fan service-- that it can't simply regarded as so.

Anyway... I'll refrain from posting a bit of irrelevant, ambiguous stuffs in the future :crazy:.

Stay happy and cool, fellow Stargazers. Out there, there are a lot of seemingly sound arguments for one NOT to ship JoonU- to merely point a finger that we're just too delusional. Maybe those people also need to read some equally sound arguments for one to stay in the JoonU ship without being seen as too overly emotional and defensive without a solid base. They might not understand our thoughts fully- yet it might earn the respect we would like to have anyway.

Good night!

2 hours ago, NoonaE said:

@postnihilism here's one clip:

Thank you. First time watching that clip.:)

2 hours ago, postnihilism said:

@NoonaE Vigorously agree they have left fanservice far behind! I'm curious now about your Bel Ami comparison. Do you know where I could watch any footage of IU/Jang Geun Suk from that Japan event?

Spoiler

The fan meeting of June 14th, 2014 is translated here in spanish (youtube)

Spoiler

That same fan meeting is also found on dailymotion with english subs. Can be searched by: [ENG-SUB] Beautiful Man (Bel Ami) fan meeting evening stage_20140614

• Like 15

46 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Ugh Jesus God don't even make me remember this lmao I get mad when I think about it. I'm still so salty about the drama and some stupid fans who used their corrupted views about feminism (or pseudo-feminism rather. God, what a bunch of hypocrites) to justify their psychotic ship! HUHUHU But hey, here we are, so let me just rant out regarding SoSoo vs WookSoo, and JG+JE's chemistry. LOL :D My dissertation long rant is in the spoiler tag!

Reveal hidden contents

1. WookSoo (ew what self-respecting woman ships this even) was the real abusive and disgusting relationship of the drama

Preference will always be subjective. Like, I can't coerce someone to like something based on my choices. But the relationship of Wook and Soo was so painfully and obviously portrayed as awkward by the writer and the director. It was what two infatuated people looked like. Thus, their chemistry was way off. Like, I personally hated their scenes. There was a time when I wanted to skip them! A lot of people were saying that SoSoo were problematic from the very beginning, but so was Wook and Soo; and their problems lasted for much much longer and developed into more violent and even murderous tendencies.

Point one: Soo was unconsciously changing herself in front of Wang Wook. She was trying to be someone she's not; probably a more ladylike, reserved, and sophisticated woman... Someone like Myung Hee. She was never herself when she was with Wook. Any woman who analyzed this will come to the same conclusion and say this, "hey, that's how I acted in front of my high school crush!"

Point two: Wook's most dominant trait is self-preservation. Wook has never and will never put himself in a situation where he is at a disadvantage. He is the type of guy who doesn't like confrontations; he would never start it, nor would he end it himself. There were already glaring examples in episode 2 and episode 4 where he never stopped Soo from getting in trouble or from getting hit by his sister. During those moments, we catch a glimpse of what his priorities really are.

tumblr_inline_ogghbbdYBf1qay6ka_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_ogghdmWl5v1qay6ka_540.jpg

Point three: He openly pursued propriety, and he secretly pursued his passion. This was displayed multiple times in the first half of the show up until episode 12. He'd meet up with Soo in secret places, or he'd show some affection when no one is around. When they were discovered by Lady Oh, he got flustered and the only response he came up with was, "I can explain". And yet, he never did, especially when Lady Oh said that people who are having a relationship with court ladies will be punished regardless of their stature.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

tumblr_inline_oggxwenqrR1qay6ka_540.png

Point four: he loves his mother, sister, and himself more than Soo. I'm not saying this as a bad thing, but those are his priorities. He didn't want to see his mother bow down to Yoo, and he even coddled his criminal of a sister. He will always choose himself and his family. Therefore, it was quite unbelievable how he would continue blaming Yeon Hwa for the choices that he continued to make. When push came to shove, his "love" for Soo unveiled as nothing more than a bunch of lies.

Point five: He threw Soo's life away. The moment he killed the conniving court lady in cold blood to protect Yeon Hwa, that was the moment that he essentially killed Hae Soo. He knew what he was doing, and the choices that he had to make. He chose his family and his life, and put Soo's life on the line. Wook was willing to have Soo killed for his self-preservation. If no one stood up for Soo, and if she really died, then her blood would be on his hands.

giphy.gif

Point six: He went out of his way to destroy Hae Soo. If she wasn't going to be happy with him, then she might as well not be happy, right? God, Wook was such a self-entitled whiny brat. Not to mention he was jealous as heck too. In episode 11, So didn't give a crap as to who was going to expose his mother and save Soo. He didn't care if the credit would not be on him, what was important to him was that he had to save Soo, no matter what it took. Yet, here comes Wook, who at the first mention of So, immediately retracts his hands and was probably overcome with jealousy (prison scene).

Point seven: He doesn't think much of Soo. He sees her as someone weak, as something that he has to protect, like a china doll or a wilting flower. He self-proclaimed himself as his guardian or whatever, and when that didn't work out, then he just had to be her destroyer, right? I'm going to say it now, and I don't care of WookSoo (ew gross) shippers attack me: WOOK NEVER RESPECTED SOO.

Oh, and can we not forget the fact that he's a vicious, murderous sociopath who killed a king, a prince, and a prince consort? How ANYONE ships this dysfunctional relationship is beyond me.

2. SoSoo is NOT abusive

The argument from other people who are adamantly anti-So is stemmed from episode 9. Yes, it was that infuriating forced kiss. It would have been more infuriating if that kiss was portrayed as a first step into So and Soo's romantic relationship. It would have been more unnerving if that kiss wasn't portrayed as problematic, but it was. It was portrayed as an action done by a desperate man who is also abused and unsociable. The moment he saw Soo's reaction, he realized that he was in the wrong. He tried to appease himself and Soo by bringing her out and offering himself to her, even giving her a gift. (Let's not forget, it was Wang So who offered himself first to her; thereafter, he said, "you are my person" [make up scene]) He didn't apologize to her, but he did show his humility and shortsightedness in front of Baek Ah.

What's more important is that this very problematic scene developed his character into someone better. He never repeated it. He loved Soo wholeheartedly without asking for anything in return; he just wanted to be with her. Also, he respected her and has wanted nothing but her freedom and safety. 

Now, some people are saying that Soo owes no one an explanation; she had every right to leave him if she wanted bla bla. She was her own person, and I get that. She was a 21st century woman whose ideologies can never be buried despite being in a society with a more backwards approach when it comes to treatment of women. But I call bull on this. She was in a relationship with So, she was emotionally and sexually committed to him; the least she could give him was an explanation. So had every right to want things from her; just like any husband or boyfriend, or anyone in a goddamn relationship. She denied him this in the very last period of their relationship (understandably so because of their daughter); and So became angry, cunning, frustrated, and hurt. He asked for her understanding despite not explaining much. However, this cannot be used as an excuse to say that their relationship was abusive just because So wanted a little more understanding and support from her. Or just because he was doing "cruel" things in order to protect her. Soo's "use" and equal treatment might have dwindled the moment So became king, but that was to be expected. If Wook became king and she was with him (ugh god ew), the situation would be the same, if not worse. At the very least, So always saw her as his equal (or even someone higher than him tbh). 

In the end, So and Soo will always be the more poignant relationship. The real image of tragic yet true love that transcends space and time. WookSoo shippers will never understand this and I pity them (not. ew.)

3. Joon Gi and IU had one of the most explosive chemistry that I have ever seen 

Not even exaggerating, btw. 

There's no quantifiable data on couple chemistry lol. But personally, I do have a basis. And it has always something to do with the eyes. For me, the first step to establishing couple chemistry is that the guy's eyes should always seemingly find his partner. I'm going to use a different drama as an example. (Now, I know there are mixed reactions about the drama and this couple's chemistry. However, I personally like the couple and I think Song Joong Ki did a great job in establishing chemistry)

650theas.jpg

dots51.jpg

His eyes should be able to portray a sense of longing, interest, curiosity, playfulness even, and of course, undeniable sexual attraction. That wasn't very hard to do given Joon Gi's amazingly expressive eyes. 

CqdtdyiVUAAo9HJ.jpg

sh_ep1_10.jpg?w=605&h=315

Now, the second step would be in the hands of the leading lady. This, I think, is where things got tricky for Kang Mo Yeon/Song Hye Kyo. Some viewers found her character annoying, and rather ungrateful to Shi Jin who was nice and shiny. But it was a different story for our couple. They both had their fair share of problems that enabled them to easily relate to each other. We have to thank the drama for making them essentially perfect for each other. :D

We can argue all day about Ji Eun's acting ability, but personally, I liked her. If I never read any criticisms or discussions, then I would never have noticed her emotions and face expressions (or lack thereof, as some put it). She did a great job of portraying Hae Soo, a sixteen year old playful girl who grew up and became a desensitized woman because of the years of torture and hardship that took its toll on her. Moreover, IU was also able to portray her fair share of longing eyes or heart eyes. 

Cu_F3enUMAAeVxm.jpg

tumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo2_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo6_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo3_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo4_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo5_r1_400.gif

tumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo7_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo8_r1_400.gif(credits to letsflytoasiarenata for the gifset)

Oh, and let's not forget how unawkward they looked. Their body language was soaring, they were so comfortable that it seeped right out of the screen. I will FIGHT anyone who dare declares that they don't have chemistry! 

If you finished my LONG RANT, congrats! I'm sorry if it isn't more comprehensible HAHAHA it's 12:42 AM where I'm from and I just needed to write something. :D:D 

Anyway I hoped you enjoyed the read and the pictures LOL. 

Bravo on your essay! I agree with you 100%.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

This stare of JG kind of reminds me of Wang So's stare at Hae Soo. A possessive but full of love and affection :wub: Have a good night sleep, stargazers! :D

Every single time I see them looking or staring at each other like that, I instantly smile like an idiot haha. Can't help it, it's just... automatic! There's definitely chemistry in there and that's what makes them tick. And yes, thanks for sharing that pic. It's 2 AM and I'm supposed to be sleeping yet I'm still watching bits of So/Soo in YouTube. Will prolly wait till sunrise cause I just have a So/Soo overdose in here haha

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Silvermaine said:

Ugh Jesus God don't even make me remember this lmao I get mad when I think about it. I'm still so salty about the drama and some stupid fans who used their corrupted views about feminism (or pseudo-feminism rather. God, what a bunch of hypocrites) to justify their psychotic ship! HUHUHU But hey, here we are, so let me just rant out regarding SoSoo vs WookSoo, and JG+JE's chemistry. LOL :D My dissertation long rant is in the spoiler tag!

Hide contents

1. WookSoo (ew what self-respecting woman ships this even) was the real abusive and disgusting relationship of the drama

Preference will always be subjective. Like, I can't coerce someone to like something based on my choices. But the relationship of Wook and Soo was so painfully and obviously portrayed as awkward by the writer and the director. It was what two infatuated people looked like. Thus, their chemistry was way off. Like, I personally hated their scenes. There was a time when I wanted to skip them! A lot of people were saying that SoSoo were problematic from the very beginning, but so was Wook and Soo; and their problems lasted for much much longer and developed into more violent and even murderous tendencies.

Point one: Soo was unconsciously changing herself in front of Wang Wook. She was trying to be someone she's not; probably a more ladylike, reserved, and sophisticated woman... Someone like Myung Hee. She was never herself when she was with Wook. Any woman who analyzed this will come to the same conclusion and say this, "hey, that's how I acted in front of my high school crush!"

Point two: Wook's most dominant trait is self-preservation. Wook has never and will never put himself in a situation where he is at a disadvantage. He is the type of guy who doesn't like confrontations; he would never start it, nor would he end it himself. There were already glaring examples in episode 2 and episode 4 where he never stopped Soo from getting in trouble or from getting hit by his sister. During those moments, we catch a glimpse of what his priorities really are.

tumblr_inline_ogghbbdYBf1qay6ka_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_ogghdmWl5v1qay6ka_540.jpg

Point three: He openly pursued propriety, and he secretly pursued his passion. This was displayed multiple times in the first half of the show up until episode 12. He'd meet up with Soo in secret places, or he'd show some affection when no one is around. When they were discovered by Lady Oh, he got flustered and the only response he came up with was, "I can explain". And yet, he never did, especially when Lady Oh said that people who are having a relationship with court ladies will be punished regardless of their stature.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

tumblr_inline_oggxwenqrR1qay6ka_540.png

Point four: he loves his mother, sister, and himself more than Soo. I'm not saying this as a bad thing, but those are his priorities. He didn't want to see his mother bow down to Yoo, and he even coddled his criminal of a sister. He will always choose himself and his family. Therefore, it was quite unbelievable how he would continue blaming Yeon Hwa for the choices that he continued to make. When push came to shove, his "love" for Soo unveiled as nothing more than a bunch of lies.

Point five: He threw Soo's life away. The moment he killed the conniving court lady in cold blood to protect Yeon Hwa, that was the moment that he essentially killed Hae Soo. He knew what he was doing, and the choices that he had to make. He chose his family and his life, and put Soo's life on the line. Wook was willing to have Soo killed for his self-preservation. If no one stood up for Soo, and if she really died, then her blood would be on his hands.

giphy.gif

Point six: He went out of his way to destroy Hae Soo. If she wasn't going to be happy with him, then she might as well not be happy, right? God, Wook was such a self-entitled whiny brat. Not to mention he was jealous as heck too. In episode 11, So didn't give a crap as to who was going to expose his mother and save Soo. He didn't care if the credit would not be on him, what was important to him was that he had to save Soo, no matter what it took. Yet, here comes Wook, who at the first mention of So, immediately retracts his hands and was probably overcome with jealousy (prison scene).

Point seven: He doesn't think much of Soo. He sees her as someone weak, as something that he has to protect, like a china doll or a wilting flower. He self-proclaimed himself as his guardian or whatever, and when that didn't work out, then he just had to be her destroyer, right? I'm going to say it now, and I don't care of WookSoo (ew gross) shippers attack me: WOOK NEVER RESPECTED SOO.

Oh, and can we not forget the fact that he's a vicious, murderous sociopath who killed a king, a prince, and a prince consort? How ANYONE ships this dysfunctional relationship is beyond me.

2. SoSoo is NOT abusive

The argument from other people who are adamantly anti-So is stemmed from episode 9. Yes, it was that infuriating forced kiss. It would have been more infuriating if that kiss was portrayed as a first step into So and Soo's romantic relationship. It would have been more unnerving if that kiss wasn't portrayed as problematic, but it was. It was portrayed as an action done by a desperate man who is also abused and unsociable. The moment he saw Soo's reaction, he realized that he was in the wrong. He tried to appease himself and Soo by bringing her out and offering himself to her, even giving her a gift. (Let's not forget, it was Wang So who offered himself first to her; thereafter, he said, "you are my person" [make up scene]) He didn't apologize to her, but he did show his humility and shortsightedness in front of Baek Ah.

What's more important is that this very problematic scene developed his character into someone better. He never repeated it. He loved Soo wholeheartedly without asking for anything in return; he just wanted to be with her. Also, he respected her and has wanted nothing but her freedom and safety. 

Now, some people are saying that Soo owes no one an explanation; she had every right to leave him if she wanted bla bla. She was her own person, and I get that. She was a 21st century woman whose ideologies can never be buried despite being in a society with a more backwards approach when it comes to treatment of women. But I call bull on this. She was in a relationship with So, she was emotionally and sexually committed to him; the least she could give him was an explanation. So had every right to want things from her; just like any husband or boyfriend, or anyone in a goddamn relationship. She denied him this in the very last period of their relationship (understandably so because of their daughter); and So became angry, cunning, frustrated, and hurt. He asked for her understanding despite not explaining much. However, this cannot be used as an excuse to say that their relationship was abusive just because So wanted a little more understanding and support from her. Or just because he was doing "cruel" things in order to protect her. Soo's "use" and equal treatment might have dwindled the moment So became king, but that was to be expected. If Wook became king and she was with him (ugh god ew), the situation would be the same, if not worse. At the very least, So always saw her as his equal (or even someone higher than him tbh). 

In the end, So and Soo will always be the more poignant relationship. The real image of tragic yet true love that transcends space and time. WookSoo shippers will never understand this and I pity them (not. ew.)

3. Joon Gi and IU had one of the most explosive chemistry that I have ever seen 

Not even exaggerating, btw. 

There's no quantifiable data on couple chemistry lol. But personally, I do have a basis. And it has always something to do with the eyes. For me, the first step to establishing couple chemistry is that the guy's eyes should always seemingly find his partner. I'm going to use a different drama as an example. (Now, I know there are mixed reactions about the drama and this couple's chemistry. However, I personally like the couple and I think Song Joong Ki did a great job in establishing chemistry)

650theas.jpg

dots51.jpg

His eyes should be able to portray a sense of longing, interest, curiosity, playfulness even, and of course, undeniable sexual attraction. That wasn't very hard to do given Joon Gi's amazingly expressive eyes. 

CqdtdyiVUAAo9HJ.jpg

sh_ep1_10.jpg?w=605&h=315

Now, the second step would be in the hands of the leading lady. This, I think, is where things got tricky for Kang Mo Yeon/Song Hye Kyo. Some viewers found her character annoying, and rather ungrateful to Shi Jin who was nice and shiny. But it was a different story for our couple. They both had their fair share of problems that enabled them to easily relate to each other. We have to thank the drama for making them essentially perfect for each other. :D

We can argue all day about Ji Eun's acting ability, but personally, I liked her. If I never read any criticisms or discussions, then I would never have noticed her emotions and face expressions (or lack thereof, as some put it). She did a great job of portraying Hae Soo, a sixteen year old playful girl who grew up and became a desensitized woman because of the years of torture and hardship that took its toll on her. Moreover, IU was also able to portray her fair share of longing eyes or heart eyes. 

Cu_F3enUMAAeVxm.jpg

tumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo2_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo6_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo3_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo4_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo5_r1_400.gif

tumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo7_r1_400.giftumblr_oij6kiunYs1vem8apo8_r1_400.gif(credits to letsflytoasiarenata for the gifset)

Oh, and let's not forget how unawkward they looked. Their body language was soaring, they were so comfortable that it seeped right out of the screen. I will FIGHT anyone who dare declares that they don't have chemistry! 

If you finished my LONG RANT, congrats! I'm sorry if it isn't more comprehensible HAHAHA it's 12:42 AM where I'm from and I just needed to write something. :D:D 

Anyway I hoped you enjoyed the read and the pictures LOL. 

Whoa, I'm amazed the way you share ur point of view, I truly admitted your analysis

So and Soo / Joon Gi and Ji Eun, both of them show us  chemistry that we can't deny :wub:

• Like 21