Overtime

3sAgzFA.jpg

Revised romanization: Teukgeun
Hangul: 특근
Also known as: Clocking Out
Director: Kim Gun
Production: Moonwatcher (문와쳐)
Language: Korean
Release date: October 21st (part 1); Oct 25th (part 2); October 28th (part 3); November 1st (part 4) (via naver tvcast)

Plot: Korea has been taken over by aliens, and three agents from two different timelines spearhead the war against them.

Cast:
Kim Sang Joong as Park Jung Bong
PWQxJ1m.jpg

Kim Kang Woo as Kim Hyo Chan
jQkhLCO.jpg

Joo Won as Seo Ki Woong
VHuVSzL.jpg

Special appearance:
Lee Yoo Young

Movie links (naver tvcast): Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

Sources/additional links: naver | daum |

Please read and follow the forum rules.

One more photo of Kim Kang Woo from naver:

SXMlToT.jpg

Dramabeans article about the movie:

Joo-won, Kim Kang-woo, Kim Sang-joong work Overtime fighting aliens

by girlfriday | August 8, 2016

Alien invasion isn’t really the first thing that came to mind when I heard that Joo-won (Yong-pal) was signing on to a movie called Overtime. I was picturing an overworked salaryman with a scary boss, not a secret rebel army out to take back the country from evil alien invaders. But that’s the premise of the new sci-fi action blockbuster film, which has confirmed Joo-won, Kim Kang-woo (Goodbye Mr. Black) and Kim Sang-joong (Jingbirok) to star.

The new project will be the feature film debut of director Kim Gun, of award-winning short film Don’t Stop. In this dystopian world, Korea has been taken over by alien creatures, and a human rebellion ignites a war against the invaders. The fight will be led by three special forces operatives spanning two timelines, a la Signal (minus the walkie-talkie transmissions).

Kim Sang-joong is a veteran agent featured heavily in the past timeline, and Joo-won is the rookie agent in the present timeline. Kim Kang-woo is the one who connects them, as the hoobae agent to Kim Sang-joong, and the present-day sunbae to Joo-won. Kim’s character is described as a rule-following stick-in-the-mud type, which will probably be a cakewalk for him after being so eeeevil in Goodbye Mr. Black.

Read the rest here

I have been wondering if the name should be Over Time instead of Overtime? I mean this fight spans over two timelines but it all depends whether Kim Sangjoong's character is still alive in the present. Unlike that in Signal. If Kim Sangjoong is also in the present then truly Overtime is apt! Imagine your boss telling you you can't retire until you catch the alien. Adds new meaning to retirement hobbies like Pokemon Go. But then, your boss could actually be The Alien. Now, you know why you've never gotten along :P

12 hours ago, mrdimples said:

I have been wondering if the name should be Over Time instead of Overtime? I mean this fight spans over two timelines but it all depends whether Kim Sangjoong's character is still alive in the present. Unlike that in Signal. If Kim Sangjoong is also in the present then truly Overtime is apt! Imagine your boss telling you you can't retire until you catch the alien. Adds new meaning to retirement hobbies like Pokemon Go. But then, your boss could actually be The Alien. Now, you know why you've never gotten along :P

Yeah, if you do a google image search of 특근 it's just forms and timecards though.  It's kind of punny in English.  I doubt that's present in the Korean, but I may be wrong :D

I do wonder how this two timelines thing is going to work.  Is Kim Sang Joong's character dead?  Maybe missing?  Maybe recruited or defected to the side of the aliens? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In addition to the teaser posted by @mrdimples, there's also a trailer out!

Can't find it anywhere but tvcast for the moment, so go HERE to view it.

Looks like fun!  Future-car car chases, crazy alley antics...also it says something at the end about a naver tvcast exclusive on October 21st?  I don't know what that means, exactly.

Edit:

And as far as the title goes, I don't see anything that indicates an "official" English title as of yet.  Hancinema has in fact decided to call it "Clocking Out", but I think I'll wait for now to change the title of the thread until there's more agreement.

And I just noticed that Lee Yoo Young (from Fatal Intuition) has also been cast in the movie!  Thanks, tiny lettering at the bottom of the poster :) She's listed as "special appearance".  I wonder what her role is going to be.  Gets killed by aliens, maybe?  

Hello  @ecs707a  jcdragon_hi.gif  Thanks for starting this thread. I had no idea Kim Sang Joong, Kim Kang Woo and Ji Won were doing a movie. This will be a treat to watch these 3 in a movie together. They are all excellent actors who are good at doing action. I'm excited.  

1 hour ago, ecs707a said:

crazy alley antics

You know it kind of reminded me of "Men In Black" except that I thought Joo Won is the Alien who's being chased by Kim Kang Woo and Kim Sang Joong. I guess rookie agent just has that much more energy running around hurhur :D

34 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

You know it kind of reminded me of "Men In Black" except that I thought Joo Won is the Alien who's being chased by Kim Kang Woo and Kim Sang Joong. I guess rookie agent just has that much more energy running around hurhur :D

Did you notice that he's the only one wearing sneakers in the poster?  Guess he's got lots of running around to do ;)  

45 minutes ago, evie7 said:

Hello  @ecs707a  jcdragon_hi.gif  Thanks for starting this thread. I had no idea Kim Sang Joong, Kim Kang Woo and Ji Won were doing a movie. This will be a treat to watch these 3 in a movie together. They are all excellent actors who are good at doing action. I'm excited.  

Hi @evie7!  Nice to see you here :)

Yeah, it looks good so far, doesn't it?  They're really emphasizing the action in the trailer and teaser, but with that cast...you're right that they can all pull it off.  I hope the story is good too.

On 10/20/2016 at 6:28 PM, ecs707a said:

Part 1!  Watch it on tvcast HERE.  Next installment is scheduled for October 25th.

I've got some press screening photos to get organized...be back with more :)

I didn't realize this is a web movie. :phew:  I love Kim Sang Joong but I think he has stolen the crown of worst hair this year from Choi Won Young!

eMT8y9M.png?1

This first installment was fun. I hope we get to watch Joo Won next week.

1 hour ago, kiefer-taiho said:

ohhhhhh I want to watch thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ohhh myy gosh!!!!!!!!..... incredible! ufffffff

its cutie joo won, but when can we see it?????  T___T

There's a link to Part 1 (of 4) up there in the first post, and I'll continue to compile links there as the parts are released :)

For convenience, here is the link again: Part 1 (naver tvcast, raw)

Here are some photos from the press premiere/screening, as promised, which took place on October 19th.

Cast group photos / Kim Kang Woo, Lee Yoo Young, Joo Won, Kim Sang Joong, or some combination thereof:

QBFAuGz.jpg

Spoiler

lGrIfIC.jpg
n6cLgiK.jpg
Cz3ny9X.jpg
photo sources: 1 2 3 4

Director Kim Gun:

0YsyoPv.jpg
source

More cast photos:

Spoiler

Kim Kang Woo: