[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

Wait Luo He's message thingo written in olden day invisible ink or whatever lmao (I died when they sprinkled magical fairy dust and BOOM words appeared)  -- told CQ to go see a Mr Wu in Yan Bei right? Is Mr Wu the long haired guy in black that held hands with Zhong Yu (YX's right hand woman or whatever we're calling her now)??  Or am I sleep deprived from staying up and checking his forum lol. I can't remember if CQ knows that he's hanging around and if so I'm disappointed they haven't explored that yet. Im much more interested in that atm. Also whatever became of the grandmother of the Yuwen familythird branch (or whoever she was?) I'm a little frustrated with all these characters coming and then disappearing off the face of the earth. Like Xiao Ba and Xiao Qi, although I don't think they need another appearance atm it'd be nice to just know where they are lol. I'm only beginning to scratch the surface of this show's loose ends, and there's still a chunk of story to be told. *pulls out hair* 

But, as long as the major questions are answered and the ending is decent, characters are developed well, CQ reaches her potential + gets her badass scenes and, *whispers* my ship sails bc I'm still a shipping ho at heart oops -- I'll still be happy. No production is perfect I guess, and I haven't enjoyed & gotten this worked up over any show/film/book in a while. I also love that issues regarding morality/choice/power are raised and explored in this drama and discussed/debated here and around the web. Im reminded that it's great and always important to see what other ppl have to say, whether or not we agree bc at least we have the chance to view things from other perspectives. In some cases we might realise there are flaws in our perception and strive to be better + grow, and in other cases it might reaffirm our beliefs. World ain't black and white and people exist on all spectrums of the moral compass. After watching, discussing, and thinking about this drama I'm reminded that whilst the trajectory of life is sometimes beyond our control and shaped by uncertainty, there is a prosperity for both good and evil. Also we might not have to agree with a character/person and their choices and we certainly don't have to like them, but i think it's never a waste of time to understand why they are the way they are/how they got here/ why someone thinks the way they do. 

Lmao sorry I went off topic there. maybe I'm over analysing and thinking lol, my inner English lit. self is coming out, also it's 5am so I'm being all weird and mushy and my eyes keep closing. Time to hit the sack. Have fun y'all, be nice and stay safe. Will stalk when I awake from my slumber.

EDIT: oops sorry, this thread moves too fast. I didn't realise you guys had just mentioned Mr Wu on the previous page. Sorry for repeating!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, fluffychim1013 said:

YESSS, the long waited rebellion is finaaaally here! The star of today's episodes is definitely Li Qin, who plays Chun Er. She did a fantastic job displaying a wide range of emotions. 

Watching the exchange among Yuan Song, Chun Er and Yan Xun, honestly, I'm kind of annoyed with how the character of Chun Er and Yuan Song are written. They are so naive and have no sense of the manipulation, schemes and betrayal that go on in every royal family in order to stay in power. Brothers killing each other in order to win the throne happened frequently and marriages were used as a tool of political alliance among nations, yet these two characters have no sense or understanding of the political schemes that go on in the royal family. You're born to the royal family, shouldn't you know this, come onnnnnn. I pity Chun Er because she's being used by her father and Yan Xun as a pawn (and she has absolutely no idea how manipulative her father is), but the fact that she begged YX to apologize to the king, thinking that the king would spare him, is just frustrating. I mean, did she really think that YX wasn't going to do anything to avenge for his family? Even though it's a drama and characters aren't meant to be realistic, the naivety of her character is almost too much. 

Also, the whole innocent/naive girl turning evil after being raped seems to be a common cdrama trope. The character Zheng Er in Prince of Lan Ling was written the same way. I guess it's the author/writers' way of tugging at our emotions but it's so uncomfortable to watch. 

Now that I've read the novel, I can't help but compare it to the drama. In the novel, Yuwen Yue did shot the ice arrow at Yan Xun and Chu Qiao, preventing them from escaping Chang An and leading them to 8 years of imprisonment. Therefore, YX and CQ had a reason to hate him. He also never offered them help to escape (if I remember correctly). The drama portrays YWY as a way nicer/kinder person than in the novel; they are really trying to sell YWY, lol. Also, I wonder how much of CQ leading Xiuli army to fight against Wei armies will be shown in the drama. She was a pretty impressive military strategist in the novel and I reaaaaally hope the drama shows this aspect of her. 

Also, since when did eyeliner=turning evil becoming a thing in cdrama?? I thought it was a kdrama thing, haha...

The eyeliner thing is Lee Jun Ki's trademark haha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maixa02 said:

Ohhhh! Yeah! I remember! Mr. Wu! Was he that bearded guy that was holding hands with Zhong Yu or the previous advisor of Yan Xun's father?

Yes he was yanbei duke's advisor. And also he came across the prince general in the camp if I remember correctly and said he will help the prince and kill YX. He actually has an important role but I don't think we'll get to know him more :( his relationship with luo he seems really interesting but nothing is actually mentioned

• Like 2

So here's a list of the misunderstadings/mysteries that needs to be resolved:

1. Chu Qiao's background

2. Chu Qiao's mysterious powers

3. Where is the Wind & Cloud Decree? and What is it?

4. How did Yuwen Yue's mom die? Why did she become crazy?

5. That Chu Qiao thought Yuwen Yue killed her brother. [SOLVED]

6. That Chu Quao thought that Yuwen Yue prevented their escape by firing the Ice Arrow.

7. Who is Mr. Wu? Is he a friend or a foe?

The Biggest Misunderstanding/Mystery to be solved: Yuwen Yue and Chu Qiao's love for each other.

Anything else to add?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maixa02 said:

1. Chu Qiao's background

4. How did Yuwen Yue's mom died?

5. That Chu Qiao thought Yuwen Yue killed her brother.

6. That Chu Quao thought that Yuwen Yue prevented their escape by firing the Ice Arrow.

Anything else to add?

7. Why do the girls (expect from CQ) have chipped fake nails?

8. Why is YWY the only male character with a pot belly when he drinks so much tea and is the James Bond of that era? :)

• Like 3

1. Chu Qiao's background

4. How did Yuwen Yue's mom died?

5. That Chu Qiao thought Yuwen Yue killed her brother.

7. Who is Mr. Wu? Is he a friend or a foe?

Anything else to add?

That CQ thought he was just used as a sucied spy by the evil grandpa

That QC thought she was just a slave in the eyes of YWY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, centuryold3 said:

Wait Luo He's message thingo written in olden day invisible ink or whatever lmao (I died when they sprinkled magical fairy dust and BOOM words appeared)  -- told CQ to go see a Mr Wu in Yan Bei right? Is Mr Wu the long haired guy in black that held hands with Zhong Yu (YX's right hand woman or whatever we're calling her now)??  Or am I sleep deprived from staying up and checking his forum lol. I can't remember if CQ knows that he's hanging around and if so I'm disappointed they haven't explored that yet. Im much more interested in that atm. Also whatever became of the grandmother of the Yuwen familythird branch (or whoever she was?) I'm a little frustrated with all these characters coming and then disappearing off the face of the earth. Like Xiao Ba and Xiao Qi, although I don't think they need another appearance atm it'd be nice to just know where they are lol. I'm only beginning to scratch the surface of this show's loose ends, and there's still a chunk of story to be told. *pulls out hair* 

But, as long as the major questions are answered and the ending is decent, characters are developed well, CQ reaches her potential + gets her badass scenes and, *whispers* my ship sails bc I'm still a shipping ho at heart oops -- I'll still be happy. No production is perfect I guess, and I haven't enjoyed & gotten this worked up over any show/film/book in a while. I also love that issues regarding morality/choice/power are raised and explored in this drama and discussed/debated here and around the web. Im reminded that it's great and always important to see what other ppl have to say, whether or not we agree bc at least we have the chance to view things from other perspectives. In some cases we might realise there are flaws in our perception and strive to be better + grow, and in other cases it might reaffirm our beliefs. World ain't black and white and people exist on all spectrums of the moral compass. After watching, discussing, and thinking about this drama I'm reminded that whilst the trajectory of life is sometimes beyond our control and shaped by uncertainty, there is a prosperity for both good and evil. Also we might not have to agree with a character/person and their choices and we certainly don't have to like them, but i think it's never a waste of time to understand why they are the way they are/how they got here/ why someone thinks the way they do. 

Lmao sorry I went off topic there. maybe I'm over analysing and thinking lol, my inner English lit. self is coming out, also it's 5am so I'm being all weird and mushy and my eyes keep closing. Time to hit the sack. Have fun y'all, be nice and stay safe. Will stalk when I awake from my slumber.

So many unanswered questions! Luo he's background, Mr Wu , YY's mom and the old concubine from YH's. Even YH's mom had some story.At the beginning the name CHU QIAO was like a big thing and everyone heard about it seemed to freak out to some sort.:D

but now CQ comes and goes everywhere and no one seems to know her. Even luo he was from liang how come the liang spies don't recognize her daughter well? Just that little new concubine knows her.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

You cannot compare the two. I am sorry, but you cannot. 

He knows that both Chun'er and YS have protected him. In fact, he used their protection to survive. For him to order those men to do that CE has no excuse and it is not at all justified by whatever happened to his family. If he wanted them dead, he should have the decency of doing it himself. YX is not dumb. He knows what would happen if you give CE to a bunch of soldiers. 

Yeah, I know CE can defs come off as annoying but she defended him so so many times to everyone, and he never asked it if her, but she still did actually help him. E.g. When WEI Shaung and YWH were at the courtyard, worked with YWY to help him, even defended him on her wedding day even after she realised what he was doing. I don't expect him to embrace her with open arms but what he's doing is just... I don't even have the words. 

I know i know I said I'd be going to bed oops but !! Strange, I never thought I'd be so protective or even care for CE like this. Now I low key feel the need to reach into the screen and protect her. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, fluffychim1013 said:

YESSS, the long waited rebellion is finaaaally here! The star of today's episodes is definitely Li Qin, who plays Chun Er. She did a fantastic job displaying a wide range of emotions. 

Watching the exchange among Yuan Song, Chun Er and Yan Xun, honestly, I'm kind of annoyed with how the character of Chun Er and Yuan Song are written. They are so naive and have no sense of the manipulation, schemes and betrayal that go on in every royal family in order to stay in power. Brothers killing each other in order to win the throne happened frequently and marriages were used as a tool of political alliance among nations, yet these two characters have no sense or understanding of the political schemes that go on in the royal family. You're born to the royal family, shouldn't you know this, come onnnnnn. I pity Chun Er because she's being used by her father and Yan Xun as a pawn (and she has absolutely no idea how manipulative her father is), but the fact that she begged YX to apologize to the king, thinking that the king would spare him, is just frustrating. I mean, did she really think that YX wasn't going to do anything to avenge for his family? Even though it's a drama and characters aren't meant to be realistic, the naivety of her character is almost too much. 

Also, the whole innocent/naive girl turning evil after being raped seems to be a common cdrama trope. The character Zheng Er in Prince of Lan Ling was written the same way. I guess it's the author/writers' way of tugging at our emotions but it's so uncomfortable to watch. 

Now that I've read the novel, I can't help but compare it to the drama. In the novel, Yuwen Yue did shot the ice arrow at Yan Xun and Chu Qiao, preventing them from escaping Chang An and leading them to 8 years of imprisonment. Therefore, YX and CQ had a reason to hate him. He also never offered them help to escape (if I remember correctly). The drama portrays YWY as a way nicer/kinder person than in the novel; they are really trying to sell YWY, lol. Also, I wonder how much of CQ leading Xiuli army to fight against Wei armies will be shown in the drama. She was a pretty impressive military strategist in the novel and I reaaaaally hope the drama shows this aspect of her. 

Also, since when did eyeliner=turning evil becoming a thing in cdrama?? I thought it was a kdrama thing, haha...

Lol. That eyeliner. 

Anywho, that's why I prefer the novels. I've read the novel for General and I and apparently, the drama butchered the novel. Same with Princess Weiyoung. I've yet to watch that Thousand Miles of Peach Blossoms. I heard good reviews about it though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kim Da said:

That CQ thought he was just used as a sucied spy by the evil grandpa

That QC thought she was just a slave in the eyes of YWY

I forgot about that. Where the crap is Yue Qi? I felt that he's Yuwen Yue's personal misunderstanding resolver. 

7 minutes ago, sorein said:

Lol! Whyyyy thooo???

2 minutes ago, maixa02 said:

I forgot about that. Where the crap is Yue Qi? I felt that he's Yuwen Yue's personal misunderstanding resolver. 

Lol! Whyyyy thooo???

Hahah  YQ is in other womans care hahah maybe having a lovey dovey with her partner in his drama haha i am hoping that my favorite site will sub it sobthat i can watch it...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maixa02 said:

Lol! Whyyyy thooo???

SHOCKING. LOL.

It is so vain to focus on nails but it is so obvious and the camera zoomed on their hands. It really disturbs me (more than the pot belly and horrible costumes).

I really like the fact that although CQ is wearing make-up they haven't dolled her up and she is really wearing manly outfits. She looks credible and is athletic.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sorein said:

8. Why is YWY the only male character with a pot belly when he drinks so much tea and is the James Bond of that era? :)

OMG! That's freaking a mystery as well. I had to pause the videos why his tummy is bulging! He and Yuan Che have bulging tummies

17 minutes ago, centuryold3 said:

Yeah, I know CE can defs come off as annoying but she defended him so so many times to everyone, and he never asked it if her, but she still did actually help him. E.g. When WEI Shaung and YWH were at the courtyard, worked with YWY to help him, even defended him on her wedding day even after she realised what he was doing. I don't expect him to embrace her with open arms but what he's doing is just... I don't even have the words. 

I know i know I said I'd be going to bed oops but !! Strange, I never thought I'd be so protective or even care for CE like this. Now I low key feel the need to reach into the screen and protect her. 

I still see you lurking and liking posts. Go to bed now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maixa02 said:

OMG! That's freaking a mystery as well. I had to pause the videos why his tummy is bulging! He and Yuan Che have bulging tummies

HA HA! While we are commenting on a superficial basis. Did you notice how feminine YWH's walk is? I burst out laughing, I absolutely love this character and the actor. I actually find him hilarious. When he is faking a play time with the nephew he just abducted or when he burns the EOG out of fear. Lol,

• Like 2

I still see you lurking and liking posts. Go to bed now.

HAHAHAHA I'm caught YWY do your thing and save me

YES IM GOING BYE MOM

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

jolin explained earlier that YX knows that YWY did try to save him so he is already aware that this was a misunderstanding but 1. he didnt tell CQ, instead he told her that YWY was cunning and shouldnt be trusted 2. decided to leave the city his own way

38 minutes ago, Kim Da said:

But sad to say this drama is a pre produce one so everything is fixed it is not like kdrama that the writer will take advantage on the viewers perspective to be able to chabge the whole flow of his story

Thank you @mrsyooknit. I know that YWY tried to explain himself and fix the misunderstanding, but this is all just a mess. I am still having hopes that it'll still end well, even though it pre-film. Let's just hope for the best. 

• Like 2

Ugh. I. CAN'T. SLEEP. 

I am so disturbed by that rape scene. I am honestly so horrified. Have you seen Chun'er's empty look? I mean if I were Chun'er, I might have killed myself.

That scene just keeps going through my mind and I feel so unsettled because of it. They shouldn't really have shown it. It's very disturbing. It was nauseating to watch.

• Like 2

Ugh. I. CAN'T. SLEEP. 

I am so disturbed by that rape scene. I am honestly so horrified. Have you seen Chun'er's empty look? I mean if I were Chun'er, I might have killed myself.

That scene just keeps going through my mind and I feel so unsettled because of it. They shouldn't really have shown it. It's very disturbing. It was nauseating to watch.

Yeah it ia so disturbing CE is like in a limbo now she maybe alove but she think shes a walking dead now she has no dignity to fight for 

9 minutes ago, maixa02 said:

Ugh. I. CAN'T. SLEEP. 

very well acted by Li Qin, I am a fan after that. You need to be really good to pull it off.

but yes very disturbing. It made me tear up right aways, I was just like noooo :bawling:

• Like 1