Does Wearing Glasses For A Long Time Make Your Eyes Smaller?

Guest sheLLiJiElUn

Guest sheLLiJiElUn

is it a myth?
Ever since I was small, I have had really big eyes.. but then.. after years of wearing glasses..my eyes are smaller. My mom told me that its because of my glasses..

do you think she's telling a fact?..or.. is it because of some other reason?

Thanks for your imput!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest L0veLy<3

eh...i'm not sure but my theory is that your eyes are getting worse and worse so you tend to squint to see better therefore your eyes appear smaller. LOL, don't trust me on this, this is only my input on this subject. :lol:

hehehe

it's that when you are born, your eyes are already large. as you grow older, your face grows but your eyes stay the same size and shape, so in comparison, it seems your eyes are shrinking but they really are not.

Glasses make everything seem smaller. If you take off your glasses, your eyes will look bigger.

And yeah, you're eyeballs stay the same size throughtout life (unless you get surgury xD)

I used to have pretty big eyes too ... but I got a little chubby. >.<

that is crazy talk..

how does glasses affect ur eye size?!?!? XDDD it doesnt even touch the eyes. it's like 2 cm away from the eyes ghahaha

lmao, seriously though.

when you wear glasses, sometimes it can make your eyes appear larger or smaller, depending on if you're nearsighted or farsighted. but when you take them off, your eyes are still the same size as they should be.

Guest tHe_aRisTocRatiC_aSSaSSiN

When you're born, you have large eyes. But as you grow older, the ratio from your eye size to your face shape change.

Guest moochelle

it's because the lenses magnifies your eyes, so they naturally look larger while you have them on.

hehehe

it's that when you are born, your eyes are already large. as you grow older, your face grows but your eyes stay the same size and shape, so in comparison, it seems your eyes are shrinking but they really are not.

yeah, this makes sense.

Guest BAN`CHAN

i think when you have your glasses on, people are used to how big your eyes look.. but after when you take them off, it seems to appear smaller. i don't think there is a real big difference in the size after you wear glasses for a long time though..

hehehe

YUP. Your eyes never really change size from when you're born.

When I was a baby my eyes were HUGEEEEEE. Now my eyes are just average sized..

Guest chipmunkvoice

my mom said my eyes gotten smaller too

not sure if she's telling the truth but i use to have double eyelid, now i only have single

T_____T saaaame here!

except ... one eyelid is now single and the other is still a double O_o" its so spastic :(

ive started to wear contacts ... i think people are getting to used to seeing my eyes hidden behind glasses

I've been wearing glasses for 2.5 years and I've just switched to contacts recently. I've never seen a noticable change in my eye size, but my friends think my eyes look bigger with glasses.

lol it doesn't. it's a fact that the size of your eyes DO NOT change from birth. so that means you will always have the same eye shape. i thought my eyes got smaller after i wore glasses too but i found out it's because i got chubbier T___T and my eyes look slightly smaller now

Archived