[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS
Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching
by DB Staff | August 6, 2016 | 40 Comments

javabeans

about_jb1.jpg

W—Two Worlds: I have no idea where we’re headed, but I don’t care; the ride is exciting and unpredictable in the best of ways. I love how his very existence transcends time and space, but I love even more that it’s the regular ol’ heroine who seems to be the linchpin; I keep thinking she holds the ultimate power in this universe, and just needs to figure out what it is and how to use it. Probably. Maybe. What do I know? This show could change everything in the span of the next episode.

girlfriday

Currently recapping: W—Two Worlds

about_gf1.jpg

[Read her reviews~!!!! -Harukogirl ]

dramallama

Currently recapping: Doctors

dramallama1.jpg

W—Two Worlds: This show frightens me a little and throws me into my own existential spiral. Everything feels unfamiliar because this show is breaking a lot of rules, but it’s executed with style. Basically, it’s my favorite rollercoaster ride: stressful, satisfying, and exhilarating.

SailorJumun

Currently recapping: Age of Youth

about_sailorjumun1.jpg

W—Two Worlds: I… This… I can’t… Ohhhmygod. What is this drama doing to my mind?? The writing has proven to be original and unpredictable, so as I start every new episode, there’s already an overwhelming amount of tension, even with scenes where Chul and Yeon-joo are just smiling and talking. I never know what bomb the writer’s going to throw next and I love it. More than that, I love how much discussion the show leaves out in the open. Should Yeon-joo care about Chul when he’s not even real? What if he is real? How is he real? It creates so much great conflict and I can’t wait to see how the Writer-nim handles their relationship. I love the two characters both individually and together (gosh, they’re so sweet together), so I’m ready for them to merge their two separate stories into one incredible love story.

chocolatte

Currently recapping: Age of Youth

about_chocolatte1.jpg

W–Two Worlds: The only show I’m keeping up in real time so far, and it’s SO fun to watch. The story is what sucked me in, but I can’t ignore the beautiful work Lee Jong-seok is doing so far (those eyes! Those tears! Those trembling lips!).

Read about everything the Dramabeans team is watching here

My takeaway is that Dramabeans as a collective is pretty much in love with W, haha

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, claudi4k1m said:

My first time joining soompi just bc of W.

don't  get me wrong, I'm a fan of korean drama.

Been watching a Lot of them like wanted, you are a gift, promise, beautiful gong shim, promise, women secret, signal,reply 1998, monster, Witch castle, etc etc but none as GOOD as this one.

Han hyo joo and Lee jong suk are just too cute together..We NEED to START PETITION FOR MBC to release BTS since they might cancel 2 episodes next week.:angry:

hey,welcome :D haha..W is the main reason for me too. i signed up, right after ep.1 aired. totally agreed, need more BTS .any scene will do,the more the better... specially our OTP scenes..hehe:P

• Like 13

55 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

so here is Dramabeans' stuff thoughts about our GREAT drama W!! :D:wub:

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff | August 6, 2016 | 31 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-11/

javabeans

W—Two Worlds: I have no idea where we’re headed, but I don’t care; the ride is exciting and unpredictable in the best of ways. I love how his very existence transcends time and space, but I love even more that it’s the regular ol’ heroine who seems to be the linchpin; I keep thinking she holds the ultimate power in this universe, and just needs to figure out what it is and how to use it. Probably. Maybe. What do I know? This show could change everything in the span of the next episode.

and this is the power of this drama over our thinking:

Uncontrollably Fond: I was juuuust starting to consider dropping this, but this week dug a claw in my heart and dragged me back in bleeding. Maybe the light, upbeat promos were the drama’s undoing, because rom-com cuteness isn’t actually the name of the game, and anyone expecting a cheery romance was in for a disappointment. But now we’re in heart-wrenching melodrama waters, and I’m drowning in delicious angst. Teeeeears. Also, Kim Woo-bin looks like he’s really dying onscreen and I want to jump in and save him, W-style. Can anybody draw a cure for cancer?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I couldn't stop laughing!! W-style is everywhere!! :lol:

dramallama

W—Two Worlds: This show frightens me a little and throws me into my own existential spiral. Everything feels unfamiliar because this show is breaking a lot of rules, but it’s executed with style. Basically, it’s my favorite rollercoaster ride: stressful, satisfying, and exhilarating.

SailorJumun

W—Two Worlds: I… This… I can’t… Ohhhmygod. What is this drama doing to my mind?? The writing has proven to be original and unpredictable, so as I start every new episode, there’s already an overwhelming amount of tension, even with scenes where Chul and Yeon-joo are just smiling and talking. I never know what bomb the writer’s going to throw next and I love it. More than that, I love how much discussion the show leaves out in the open. Should Yeon-joo care about Chul when he’s not even real? What if he is real? How is he real? It creates so much great conflict and I can’t wait to see how the Writer-nim handles their relationship. I love the two characters both individually and together (gosh, they’re so sweet together), so I’m ready for them to merge their two separate stories into one incredible love story.

chocolatte

W–Two Worlds: The only show I’m keeping up in real time so far, and it’s SO fun to watch. The story is what sucked me in, but I can’t ignore the beautiful work Lee Jong-seok is doing so far (those eyes! Those tears! Those trembling lips!).

don't remind me I'll cry again!! :tears: he was marvelous!! :heart: 

Oh, haha, didn't see you just posted this! That's the problem with posting when you're still trying to catch up on 30+ pages of back  reading.....lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, serhine said:

SOOOO, about the BODY in the MORGUE...

I don't really understand how people related the ring in the preview to the ring in the morgue. T.T I think it's clear that there's no time traveling element in this drama. Time stops, sure. Time flashes forward, sure. But the characters directly move with time.

(2 months passes in the webtoon, 30 minutes passes in the real world. YJ returns to the real world AFTER those 30 minutes in the real world. 7 days passes in the webtoon. 30 minutes passes in the webtoon. YJ returns to the real world AFTER those 30 minutes in the real world.)

My point is, YJ doesn't return to a point in time that has already passed in the real world. YJ has never traveled back in time in the real world whenever she exits the webtoon. It's just that time moves differently for both worlds but it DOESN'T mean that just because 2 months/7 days passed in the webtoon and only 30 minutes in the real world, YJ has already traveled in time when she returns to the real world.

So I can't understand how the conclusion that the dead body wearing a ring in the morgue is married KC from the future came about. x.x like what? From WHAT future? The KC who jumped from the bridge and is floating in the Han River is already INSIDE the webtoon world with a time of its own and not, in any manner, related to the real world's future. If ever KC goes out into the real world again, it will NEVER be as a dead body in a morgue with YJ hovering over him because that time HAS ALREADY PASSED. He will come out in the present time, because that's what has always happened.

So please, join me in this thinking. Just because he's wearing a ring in the preview doesn't really mean he's automatically the guy in the morgue, right? RIGHT? Just please tell me I'm right. T.T KC, don't ever die. T.T

Actually this is a drama to review constantly because we can get easily confused, and related with your coment I think you are right only if the writer is not playing with 4th dimension theory but, who knows?
Many pages before I made a comment about this, I said that time is the key. Because, deferent dimensions coexist together and remember that in her world 30 min could be a week or two months in his. Two months passed already in the real world and  here the time is slowest, and the man that was founded was wearing a ring. What if in his world had passed more time and they have already had their fake marriage?  And that’s the reason that man has a ring.
This is only a way to see the events, may be yes and  may be not.

Sorry, i am confused

yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-25.gif?1301940

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dominjoonssi said:

More random thoughts:

1) KC's suicide at Han River Bridge will probably be a recurring event throughout the series and his nightmares about drowning will be continuing. Nothing good ever happens every time that bridge appears. :confounded:

2) Nothing is coincidental. Lots of online theories about that dead body wearing a ring pulled from the Han River Bridge. Just hoping this does not elude to a future or past drowning of our favourite manhwa hero, defender of justice. I really hope the writer will not repeat what she did in Nine Times Time Travel.

3) So when the manhwa picks up again as a sequel, our OTP find themselves married. Actually if you re-watch EP1-4 with the context that KC and YJ are a married couple on the verge of divorce and trying to keep their marriage a secret, the whole string of events also make sense as well. In fact, for the other characters who are not privy to KC & YJ's conversations, it would explain the odd behaviours of our OTP.  Remember how bodyguard DY remarks how KC & YJ are acting like a couple, and KC always gives a vague reply?

4) Building on that, KC's universe will probably have a few major changes in settings/circumstances each time they re-boot the universe(probably 2-3 times until the end), which will provide the major twists or turns or heart attacks for our plot. Thank goodness YJ is a cardiologist and works in a hospital.

:wub: Many thanks to the chingus here for sharing all the love and info.

1/ right, nothing good comes from that bridge that I developed a phobia of it!! I don't want to see it again!! :confounded:

2/ read the post of our chingu serhine above and you'll see how the theorie of Kang Cheol being the dead man they found before is impossible!! even if Kang Cheol jumps again off the bridge (and I'll kill him myself if do it again) and his body transports to the real world they'll find his body after the time they found that body and Yeon Joo entring his world and what ever other events happened after that not before that!!

trying to make it clearer/simpler:

1/ the man's dead body was found after a month of Kang Cheol jumping off the bridge and his body transported to his world so there is no body to be found!!

2/ another month has passed till Yeon Joo entered his world momentery, saw him still drawning without being able to save him, went to ask for Bong soo's help and entered Kang Cheol's world and we see Kang Cheol saved!!

which leeds to: 3/ if he jumps again after his marriage with Yeon Joo (wearing the ring) his boduy will be found after these two months + not before that!! so the found body can't be Kang Cheol's!!

3/ hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes!! and he said she's his fiancé which can be explaned as them not wanting their marriage to be know!! I was laughing when I was watching their "unique" interactions and it goes perfectly with their lie!! :lol: they were really like a couple that they were working on their relationship!! :lol: they even have outsider witnesses that can prove that they really looked like a couple if they suspect them: in the mall Yeon Joo slaped him as if she was mad at him -wanting to have divorce would fit here- but then they made up with a kiss and they went to the changing room and stayed there for a "looooooooong time" as the manager said- which fits perfectly to them being married!!! :lol: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who would thought that we will reach this place and every mad thing that hapened will be used in their adventage to prove their lie as a thruth!! :lol:

4/ I've never been more thankful than I am now!! though I'm afraid for her too now since she's no longer invincible!! ah..!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, claudi4k1m said:

My first time joining soompi just bc of W.

don't  get me wrong, I'm a fan of korean drama.

Been watching a Lot of them like wanted, you are a gift, promise, beautiful gong shim, promise, women secret, signal,reply 1998, monster, Witch castle, etc etc but none as GOOD as this one.

Han hyo joo and Lee jong suk are just too cute together..We NEED to START PETITION FOR MBC to release BTS since they might cancel 2 episodes next week.:angry:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loved your suggestion!! though I think we will have one episode for this week still we want more BTS!! 
before I forget welcome to W thread and gald you loved the drama enough to joine soompi and us here  I hope we will see more posts from you here and have a gret fun enjoying tyhis great drama!!

47 minutes ago, Harukogirl said:

Oh, haha, didn't see you just posted this! That's the problem with posting when you're still trying to catch up on 30+ pages of back  reading.....lol

hhhhhhhhhhh yes that happened to me too before!! :lol:

59 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

“She is the key to my life.”

no wonder I had Yeon Joo in the quiz!! :lol: I always saw myself in her, minus the cliffhangers, I can't do that :lol:, even her plan to rescue Kang Cheol reminds me of myself wishing for anyway to save the characters I love but she's lucky she can change the ending while I end up making up different endings in my mind to ease the pain though it doesn't help much!! actually we're lucky we have her to save Kang Cheol and give us a happy ending, right?!! 

• Like 8

Guest norakim

guys, the whole W world froze in time when KC came into the the real world. When KC committed suicide in the Han River, he was teleported back to the frozen W world. While it was 2 months in the real world, time didn't pass by in the W world. The Han River that YJ was swimming in was the W World's Han River. It was when YJ teleported back to prison that time restarted. While it was two months in the real world, it was only a few minutes in the W world.     

1 hour ago, qallee said:

hey,welcome :D haha..W is the main reason for me too. i signed up, right after ep.1 aired. totally agreed, need more BTS .any scene will do,the more the better... specially our OTP scenes..hehe:P

Haha true. Any scene but I prefer the scenes with our two main leads. 

I never really shipped any korean couple BEFORE

.. Not even song song couple..

• Like 9

I did not have the time to actually watch episode 6 with subs yet, so I will refrain from commenting on that one until I could actually catch up with it. And after backreding all the pages I missed and reading about a possible cancelation of the broadcast within the next 2 weeks due to the Olympics I'm currently thinking maybe I should wait a bit longer before I actually watch it as I will start graving for the next episode as soon as I'm done with it.

Considering the possible cancelation of the upcoming episodes I know it's bad for us as we all want to see what is happening next but I try to at least understand all the arguments for a cancelation as well. The cast can't be to happy if the ratings would drop after they are currently the ratings leader just because the other channels show some competitions with South Korean Athletes competing. And I try to see some lightning in the dark - having this break would give the crew a bit more time to perfect all the still unshot episodes with less pressure. Cause I assume the special effects in W are nothing that can be done within minutes so let's just think positively and ssume the longer we need to wait the better will be the result of the last episodes. Having this short break in the braodcasting schedule would acutally help them to prevent the usual drama curse of the last episodes loosing in quality (concerning editing etc.). And it would prevent the main cast from having the usual black around their eyes around we are so used to see the longer the shoots are running and the closer they are on live-shooting mode.

There's just one side-effect I'm wondering about but s it could be seen as a bit OT I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

I do wonder whether 'Uncontrollably Fond' would actually benefit form W being cancelled or would be harmed as an end result. I assume it won't be so easy to cancel the broadcast of UF as they air simultaniously and China most likely would not agree to cancel their broadcast for UF with being the bigger market. If UF would not be shown on the Korean channel the next weeks the fans would just try to get hold of the chinese versions and their ratings would presumably completely tank which than again would help W to gain a rise in ratings.

To soothe over our longing for W until we get a confirmation of wether W will be canceled or not I will post a collection of some more reviews I came across (long post ahead - sorry)...

---

W – Two Worlds: Lipseu Recap Episode 4

Posted in Reviews by missienelly

01e8EAk4_8bfe88_f

Oh my god, how are we four episodes in already? This show is so good and moving too fast! Someone, please stop the time!!! Wait, don’t! We need to see the next episode!

Me: He should play a vampire in his next drama. Look how pale he is! I love my man with a bit of color. A bit tan. I think I need my sunglasses now.

Erl: Which sunglasses? The one you wore At the Top? He’d make a good vampire. Until now I’m wondering why wasn’t he in Vampire Idol with Woobin.

Mari: *staring at you guys confused* if you guys don’t want him… That’s totally ok!! Milky skin works for me!

full impression post: https://mymyooz.wordpress.com/2016/08/04/w-two-worlds-lipseu-recap-episode-4/

---

W-Two worlds: Fangirling Over Lipseu Episode 5 

Posted in Reviews by itzado

01e8EAk4_8bfe88_f

Nelly: Notice the difference? We are officially fangirling! No more recapping lol. RJWQ and Mari are right! *wink*

Me: yes! Fangirling (is this a real word?) makes more sense!

Nelly: Nope, Webster hasn’t accepted it yet lol

img_3518.png?w=960

Me: OMG! Was this episode good? I love it! It gave us so much information on our hero. I remember reading a few reviews and people were saying that they could not feel anything for our main character because they did not know him. Well, we have all the info! Let’s go!!

Nelly: My head is about to explode! Wow!!!! 

Erl: It’s info overload! OVERLOAD! Something is about to short circuit.

full impression post: https://mymyooz.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/w-two-worlds-fangirling-over-lipseu-episode-5/

---

W-Two Worlds Episode 5: Meta to the Nth Degree

a12a21.png

WOW!  What did I just watch?  In case you are wondering, my mind is totally blown and it is only episode 5.  I have to admit that I am a little intimidated to be writing this recap because no matter how poetic or concise I might be, there is no way to convey this drama’s awesomeness level.  But I will do my best on expressing my jumbled up feelings and I hope that you are watching this show.  Because if there was ever a show that deserves to be viewed and appreciated, it would be W-Two Worlds.

UGH… Did I mention I don’t know what to write?  Even if I went scene by scene I wouldn’t be able to do this justice.  So I guess I am going to just throw out my random thoughts and hope things make sense and you are entertained.  If not………..well, you can always ignore me and go watch Episode 5 again.  I know that I will be watching it at least once or twice more this week.

full review: https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.wordpress.com/2016/08/04/w-two-worlds-episode-5-meta-to-the-nth-degree/

---

W-Two Worlds Episode 6 – It’s the End of the World as We Know It.

FullSizeRender

Wow! The endings for both episodes this week were insane!  Seriously, this drama just keeps upping the tension and awesomeness with each episode. Our hero does the unthinkable but is it really THE END for Kang Chul? Will Dad survive to draw another day? Will our fangirl doctor be able to forgive the man that shot her father?

IMG_6763

Let’s start by pulling the elephant’s tail and establishing it’s in the room. Our hero just shot (and possibly killed) our heroine’s father. Yes, he pretty much put a bullseye on his chest and begged Kang Chul to shoot him, but you cannot get around the fact that he did pull that trigger.  I was almost tempted to watch this episode raw just to see how the show handled this situation. And I have to say I was very impressed. I’m interested to see if you agree with me.

full review: https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/w-two-worlds-episode-6-its-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it/

---

W Episode 6 Review

written by thoughtsramble
w2

My dear you shouldn’t be this happy to find yourself in jail again!

6 episodes in and I’m still loving this show. Too busy to do a proper recap but I can’t let this go by without writing anything!

In this episode, we see the aftermath of Kang Chul’s act of shooting. Turns out he intentionally misses so that Yeon Joo’s dad lives on to tell the tale…Or not, because Yeon Joo and Soo Bong come up with a story that Yeon Joo’s dad tried to commit suicide (in order to explain the events that got drawn into the webtoon). Each character lives on but one day, Yeon Joo suddenly gets pulled into the Han River water and there she sees Kang Chul. She is startled to see that ‘The End’ on the webtoon is changed to ‘To be continued’ and hurries to find Soo Bong to save Kang Chul. Sung Moo is on a plane en route to New Zealand so the change couldn’t have been done by him, but it also means that Yeon Joo can’t ask her dad to save Chul. Soo Bong tries his best to draw a continuation scene but nothing happens. Then at the end, he tells Yeon Joo about something he heard from Sung Moo long time ago. We see divers saving Chul and Yeon Joo waking up back in the prison where she escaped from.

full review: https://thoughtsramble.com/2016/08/06/w-episode-6-review/

---

preview: w – two worlds episode 7

w7_pre
Another thrilling two episodes again – plus one yummy kiss – this week and I believe “s**t hits the fan” is a rather everyday occurrence in this drama. Just so freakin’ whip-smart is the writing of this show. Combined with the sincerely moving humanistic elements of our main and supporting characters, the drama is high-octane addiction. Just wish Kang Chul wouldn’t go around shooting people in – or near – the heart whenever he is a little too high-strung.

full impression post: https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/preview-w-two-worlds-episode-7/

• Like 18

23 minutes ago, norakim said:

guys, the whole W world froze in time when KC came into the the real world. When KC committed suicide in the Han River, he was teleported back to the frozen W world. While it was 2 months in the real world, time didn't pass by in the W world. The Han River that YJ was swimming in was the W World's Han River. It was when YJ teleported back to prison that time restarted. While it was only two months in the real world, it was a few minutes in the W world.     

I think we need to wait and see how it will work but from what we saw Kang Cheol was saved and Yeon Joo was back to W world by night time while the last time they were in w world was still daytime!! so it can be that when the W world restarted by Yeon Joo' cameback and Kang Cheol's survival it jumped few hours!!

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loved your suggestion!! though I think we will have one episode for this week still we want more BTS!! 
before I forget welcome to W thread and gald you loved the drama enough to joine soompi and us here  I hope we will see more posts from you here and have a gret fun enjoying tyhis great drama!

Haha thank you.if I can speak or wrote in korean, I will stalk mbc homepage asking for bts. Haha

I'm never this crazy before.haha

Btw han hyo joo looked so much like song hye kyo in one kissing pic where she is closing her eyes, only Han hyo joo is :blush:prettier. ( I don't know how to copy paste photo, I'm very new to soompi thing) 

:grimace:

• Like 5

To prepare myself for the possible 3 week wait, I've finally started watching my Director's Cut blu-ray of Healer. I finally got one a few months back, but was too busy with grad school and job interviews to do it justice...now I'm watching (SOOOOOO GOOOOOD - Everyone, together now: "Ohhhh~ My Love").

But...still....how do I wait????:bawling:  I know I can't make Healer last 3 weeks~!!! Heck, I'll be lucky if it lasts ONE WEEK. hahahaha

Maybe I'll re-watch QIHM and IHYV next....:bawling:

• Like 7

I'm sorry for the bad news but I think I need to chare it and I don't know how much it will affect W's airing in china if that will hapen or not!!

Spoiler

Korean Stars Get Blacklisted in China Due to Sino-Korean Beef Over THAAD Deployment

Posted on August 6, 2016 by ockoala

unsa2.jpg

Things are not well in Sino-Korean political relations and the first big casualty is the spread of Hallyu. Due to the Chinese government being disgruntled that the South Korean government is installing THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) to protect itself against mainly the threat that is crazy sibling North Korea, there is now a reported ban on all Korean entertainer promotions in China. That includes airing of upcoming dramas, promotions by K-stars on Chinese entertainment shows, and casting of Korean actors and actresses in upcoming dramas or films. Song Joong Ki supposedly lost a huge pay day to do a period C-drama, and Yoo In Na finished filming a C-drama and may have her scenes and roles swapped out. A bunch of recent C-dramas starring K-stars wrapped filming this year and now will not get the regulatory approval or an airing time slot on network or streaming portal. Yikes!

unsa1.jpg

unsa.jpg I read in the comments that Lee Jong Seok's drama is the 1st name in the list of the reported ban made by China gouvernement!! and I don't know what's about W since we heard about broadcating it while it's still not fully pre-produced but did they buy its rights?!! and will they just stop all dramas or movies or events related to the Korean stars in the list after spending much money in producing collaborate dramas/movies with these korean stars?!!

"neocinee " translated some names in the list that she/he recognised: "They are Lee Jong Suk, Ji Chang Wook, Rain, Yoo In Na, Krystal, Jang Hyuk, Park Min Young, Goo Hye Sun, Go Jun Hee, Kim Tae Hwan, Choo Ja Hyun, Joo Won, Lee Seung Hyun, Jung Il Woo, Joo Jin Mo, Chae Rim, Lee Da Hye, Lee Tae Hwan, Choi Ji Woo, Han Chae Young, Choi Siwon, Kim Tae Hee, Jang Na Ra, Jang Dong Gun, Park Hae Jin, Kangta, and Han Ji Suk."

I hate politics and it would be a miracle if I managed to understand the politiciens one day!! what does politics have to do with intertainment industry and why link them together?!! 

• Like 14