[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

7 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

I have the 1080i format of the episode but I couldn't find any shots where there aren't any obstructions :( 

I ended up just pulling it from when YJ is looking at the webtoon on her laptop and have also cropped it so they're not large enough to be made for desktop background :( sorry lol. It was a little dull in color, so I adjusted the brightness and contrast a bit. Nothing fancy because I'm lazy with Photoshop lol.

Original screenshot

Hide contents

Awi8t9c.png

Lazy photoshop 

Hide contents

KnWDXQB.png

Omo! :astonished:Thank you! Thank you! :blush:  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, juju84 said:

I wonder will he really aime for YJ and risk actually killing her if he miscanculated? Think he will shoot the mirror just behind her, he can do that being ex alimpic gold shooter. But I agree the result would be her going back to reality. 
Aso I'm very curious as to when KC will travel to her world and why? I bet it would be after her arrest in W. Maybe he would want to check on her plus find out more about the Creator. Will his freind able to skip throgh worlds as well. I really want for Soo Bong and So Hee meet. :D

Yeah, I trust KC knows what he's doing. Afterall he knows his gun best.
I wondered about that too, and I think next episode might just explain what triggers YJ to cross over to KC's world. 
HAHA Maybe a love triangle between So Hee, Soo Bong and Doctor Kang!
Though I think only KC will be able to cross over to the real world. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, uknowahah said:

Yeah, I trust KC knows what he's doing. Afterall he knows his gun best.
I wondered about that too, and I think next episode might just explain what triggers YJ to cross over to KC's world. 
HAHA Maybe a love triangle between So Hee, Soo Bong and Doctor Kang!
Though I think only KC will be able to cross over to the real world. 

Yeah, he sure knows how to use his gun. LOL  He won't take unnecessary risks with YJ. She saved him on numerous occasions though he still is perplexed about her reasons. 
Pity if it's just KC who can cross the worlds but it makes sense since the two of them have this kind of connection. As for the why I doubt we will find out this soon. At this stage i'm more curious why Sung Moo so desparate about killing KC? I don't believe he simply is afraid that KC would *take his place* so to speak. Something big is at stakes. And I don't see Sung Moo as such a selfish man who only thinks about himself. 
Why he even started to write W and what inspired him? Hmmm

• Like 6

Hiiii new fan here!!

I am wondering about something. In both instances where we saw Yeon Joo go into the manhwa universe, she a) stayed there for 30 real world minutes and B) came back to the real world after the occurence of an event. 

I can't help but wonder if the 2 factors are mutually dependent or exclusive of each other. What happens if nothing eventful happens by 30 real wolrd minutes? Will she be stuck forever? Right now it seems that even if an event has occured (the immediate moment after rescuing Chul), she only gets to go back when 30 mins are up. It would be interesting to see what happens and the assistant is going to help Yeon Joo figure it out :)

• Like 6

There is nothing that excites me more than excellent writing. And this drama is chock full of clever, well thought out and well acted moments. I love how, we as the viewer, immediately get caught up in the storyline of Kang Cheol and his Olympic moment and then the tragedy of his family. Before you know it, we are traveling into the comic with Yeon Joo and it is becoming clear that this story is writing itself and her father no longer has control of it. 

LISTEN!!! I was not prepared for this turn of events. OMG! What a brilliant take on a story like this! So, of course, everyone is trying to figure out if her father is the killer. I don't think so, after all he created the story. However, I do think the killer got to her dad somehow. We know her father wasn't "with" Kang Cheol because she was with him, but I do believe he was with the killer. There is some unfinished business here that her father can no longer control. This drama is like Stranger than Fiction meets Final Destination. It is clear that Kang Cheol was supposed to die from the very beginning, but he wasn't at home with his family. He has evaded death and now it is supposed to finally be his time.

Yeon Joo has a strange connection to Kang Cheol, and not in a fangirl kind of way, but in a deeper sense. That is why he keeps calling her his life's key. I am so anticipating how the writer's will unravel their connection. Also, her father is hiding something.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

Hiiii new fan here!!

I am wondering about something. In both instances where we saw Yeon Joo go into the manhwa universe, she a) stayed there for 30 real world minutes and B) came back to the real world after the occurence of an event. 

I can't help but wonder if the 2 factors are mutually dependent or exclusive of each other. What happens if nothing eventful happens by 30 real wolrd minutes? Will she be stuck forever? Right now it seems that even if an event has occured (the immediate moment after rescuing Chul), she only gets to go back when 30 mins are up. It would be interesting to see what happens and the assistant is going to help Yeon Joo figure it out :)

Well... this is just me talking...but real world time kind of doesn't matter... whether she stays in Kang Chul's world for just an hour, or over two months, she would still be back in her world within the same time span... 

And that is exactly what happened each time she went in...regardless of the time she spent there (in Kang Chul's world) she still came back in thirty minutes... very Inception-like, if you ask me...in a different way...

• Like 6

Ah i am also wondering...instead of the bridge being the first moment of "rebellion" by Chul, could it have been when he shot a 10.9? He showed he was too strong and able a character and so from then on Yeon Joo's father tried all ways and means to get rid of him but failed. 

Does anyone know if there is any information on his previous works? There should be some particular genre and perhaps we can get some clues? 

• Like 6

Hi all! I'm new in this thread.. I finally saw both episode last night and I am hooked!!! Clearly, you all are too since this thread moved from 141 to 235 with just 2 episodes! Hehehe

Thank you to all of your insights and comments and posts!! I can't wait for Wednesday!!!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, pinocchioAsh said:

Well... this is just me talking...but real world time kind of doesn't matter... whether she stays in Kang Chul's world for just an hour, or over two months, she would still be back in her world within the same time span... 

And that is exactly what happened each time she went in...regardless of the time she spent there (in Kang Chul's world) she still came back in thirty minutes... very Inception-like, if you ask me...in a different way...

Do you mean real world time matters? Unless i am mistaken, she went and came back in 30 minutes real world time in both instances. This means that the amount of time she spends in Chul's world is not determinative. :)

Im looking forward to finding out the medium and conditions of her travels hehe

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lucid249 said:

Hi all! I'm new in this thread.. I finally saw both episode last night and I am hooked!!! Clearly, you all are too since this thread moved from 141 to 235 with just 2 episodes! Hehehe

Thank you to all of your insights and comments and posts!! I can't wait for Wednesday!!!

Hi and welcome here :) actually we reached 200 pages b4 1st ep hhhh

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

Hi and welcome here :) actually we reached 200 pages b4 1st ep hhhh

Thank you for the welcome! I did read a bit before epi 1 began, but thought to wait until after I've seen the episodes before commenting. So far.. so gooooooooood!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, lucid249 said:

Thank you for the welcome! I did read a bit before epi 1 began, but thought to wait until after I've seen the episodes before commenting. So far.. so gooooooooood!

yeh good strategy hhhhhh can't wait for ep 3 especially after i saw the preview ^_^ 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, pinocchioAsh said:

Okay ... here's my take on what's going on so far...

Someone hated Chul so much that they killed his entire family the way a sharp shooter would hit bulls eye, or more likely, the way Kang Chul hit bulls eye for his winning round... that along with the part that they framed him for his family's murder.. the timeline looked like it was two years after the win of the Olympics..making it the year 2006 (that would define the FiFA 2006 match that the Kang family was watching, when they were killed - they even showed Ahn Jung Hwang and his  goal :bawling:! I loved that guy, imagine my surprise seeing him in the episode! :P )

Annnyyyhoww, 2006 means that Kang Chul would be 19. Anyone who would want to frame a 19year old for killing his family has to be a psychopath. Especially since the murders were possibly plotted out for two years before execution. Now, we know that Kang Chul doesn't get the life sentence and is released after a year due to lack of evidence...but, the guy became a CEO... how has he not found the guy who plotted the murders? This makes me wonder what the Webtoon W is about...since we know it's not about romance... 

Now Yeon Joo's dad.... that guy is severely depressed.. however he definitely seems like a person who made a deal with the devil... I get the feeling there is more to the Graphics tablet/Wacom that the dad has been using... that there is more to the immense power that cartoonists have over the world of Kang Chul. But just the fact that Yeon Joo's character gets dragged and written in the webtoon so easily definitely means much more for the character of Yeon Joo... also wikipedia has listed two actresses as young Yeon Joo... so I'm guessing there's a loooot more there. Plus the hint that she's the "Key to Kang Chul's life" ... 

Biggest question in my mind - Why is it that Appa's character was not written into the webtoon like Yeon Joo? Or could it be that it was written and we didn't realise? It makes sense that he could be the one to stab Kang Chul... but then... I really don't know.. 

What gave me the most goosebumps was the last scene of episode two... when everything around Kang Chul stopped. That was the breaking point. That is the indication that indicates again, that appa definitely has a fishy past and somehow the past is catching up to him. There is definitely someone bigger at play here...and I know that waiting for 130 odd hours for the next episode will be the absolute living death for me!!!

W!! Why are you so fantastic?? Ratings be damned, I have found my new favourite kdrama, hands down!!

Bonus: HIM. In THAT car. Looking so DROP. DEAD. GORGEOUS. 

And for once, the Kdrama lead actress who fangirls exactly the way we do!! 130+ hours!!! Someone kill me now!! Can the hands on my watch run like Yeon Joo's please???!! Please??!!

Sigh. 

I love you post and agree with you!! but don't think that the father is the hooded man not before and not now that we're going to see him fighting with Kang Cheol which showes that that man knows martial arts and strong unlike Yeon Jo's father!!

about Kang Cheol's webtoon, it's horror thriller genre manhwa (but had a turne to romance thanks to Yeon Joo's entry into it :lol:) and he have W broadcast that is invitigating crimes like the case of his family's murder but I can see why he couldn't find him yet since he left no trace and never showed up after his family's murder till the rooftop incident and next episode and Kang Cheol doesn't have ennemies that he knows of at his age of 19 years old!! seriously who would be ennemie a 19 years old boy enough to murder his entire family that way and frame him for it?!! he ha to be a psychopath to do that!!

and I want to see how Kang Cheol became the man he is now!! what made him this loved and respected man and what made his bodyguard give up his title to stay by his side and protect him!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhh how great would it be if we had that watch!! ahhhh why wedneday this far?!!!  

• Like 6

Just some theories of mine:

- Could Yeon Joo's dad have wanted Kang Chul dead ever since when his family was murdered? Because remember he was supposed to get death sentence. But what if the Webtoon already wrote it own story then and the final verdict by Supreme Court acquitted him, hence he lived despite his creator wanted him dead? 

- Another moment Yeon Joo's dad wanted KC dead seems to be at the Han River. But Kang Chul's willpower or another 3rd invisible hand was at play and changed the story, KC lived. 

It's mention Yeon Joo can draw just like her father. I think what if Kang Chul was created by Yeon Joo when she was young. Or that dad took her's ideal type and shaped/made Kang Chul character, hence she's his real creator and hold a key to his life?

- About the black hooded figure, what if there's a dobbelganger of Kang Chul out there, like his twins or something who does evil and took the story writing it on his own (murdering Kang Chul's family). And SM has met this KC dobbelganger and mistaken for KC, hence he was scared and wanted to kill of KC to end the story. Bc he's scared of the black hooded figure (who maybe could cross to the real world and be a treat to SM)?

- Could the black hooded figure be Kang Chul other personality, having double personality he just doesn't know of? Hence YJ dad is so terrified of him, bc her dad witnessed it? Maybe he wrote him to have dobbel personality, but then the story just wrote on its own and he was terrified?

right now I just think of either dobbelganger or split personality of Kang Chul, which could make sense since the tittle for this drama W, read as "Double U/You" in Korean. 

Anyways whatever the unresolved plot is, the writer is seriously doing a good job at making us curious and make our brain thinking. There's so many possibilities with this drama, and I'm hella excited for the ride with W.

• Like 7