[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

'WHO ARE YOU?'

OMG, episode 2 was so good! My worries for this drama all went out of the window with this episode.

Spoiler

Episode one was a little too fast paced for my liking, and left little room for me to breath. I'm glad episode two gave more moments, like when YJ was speaking to her dad, that gave time for the audience to actually feel for the character rather than just watching the story progress. This episode has so many fun and suspenseful moments. I like how YJ transit from the real world to the webtoon world too. The idea that she has to wait for the chapter to end before exiting the world make perfect sense too, which means she can't travel in and out as she desire, which up the stakes in the episodes to come (when danger approach). The ending scene with KC breaking the fourth wall is just amazing. This shows that he is in control of his own fate and can somehow influence the course of the webtoon too, although I don't know if he was the one who stopped the time. I particularly like how he just look up the sky, questioning if there's in fact a larger force at work out there. Yay! Next episode we finally get to see KC in action, fighting against my favorite baddie aka the hooded man.

Is the rating of W really catching up to UF!? That's great news! There won't be a huge jump, but I'm sure if W continues to do well, the ratings will slowing climb its way to the top. IHYV's ratings started off rather low too. 

• Like 5

This drama has caused me to come out of hiding! Back to commenting on soompi again. What a wonderful premiere and first week. Honestly, I haven't been this hooked on a drama for so long! 

Her father is quite suspicious. He definitely knows something about why the webtoon came to life. I really wonder who killed Kang Chul's family? Could it been the cartoonist himself? (i.e. YJ's father?) 

• Like 4

Yas, i'm signing in because this drama.

At first, I thought it was another typical medical drama again, I already have Beautiful Mind and Doctor, how could be this one too?! What happened with writers these days?

But, my thought collapsed after I watched the 7 minutes long trailer. This could be an interested drama. And yeah, W didn't disappoint me. I already fall in love with the plot in this story. 

I can't wait for next episode.

My two cents about the culprit, I think Yeon Joo's Dad is the murder of Kang Cheol's family

• Like 5

Hi I come here from my bias' drama thread. I can say I'm not a kdrama addict. I'll only watch my bias' drama. But this thread is so hot with just 2 episodes that have been aired. Honestly W's leads are not my fav but I like LJS' acting since Pinocchio. I give this drama a try and it was really worth it. This drama is so cool and interesting. God now my pain has actually doubled to wait for the next episodes of my bias' mon-tues drama and weds-thurs for W. This drama deserves a higher rating and I've no doubt it will climb higher as the strory progresses. I really appreciate this drama purely because the directing, story line and acting which are really spot on, not only because of my fav. LJS's body looks better and builkier than in Pinocchio... droolllll... he's cute and why his skin so nice, fair and flawless? The female lead is pretty. I came across LJS's interview, I don't know if LJS thinks less of himself with regards to his opinion that he can play/act limited character/role only as compared to LMH and KWB, but he should not feel that way (if he does) because he really did well in his acting.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MarieJose said:

i no longer care about the ratings .. one digits or two digits i really don't care anymore because as one of you said it's really bizarre and i'm starting to doubt them !!!! W is trending on naver/ daum/twitter .. it's prised by so many people .. it's videos are all over the top 10 and top 100 .. i even noticed that even the older videos such as the long preview of the press conf and their sectiontv interview were aded on the list ... W channel had over 3 thousands subscriber on naver but in one day it has 5 thousands .... let's not forget the real time rating .. i mean we all saw the chart .. W was on top on other dramas were down below not even close .. how can the ratings be so ... WRONG ??? I really really don't understand !!!!! 

My sentiments exactly!....just thinking how  can it be  only in 1 digit when it is always trending? But like you also said Never mind the ratings as long as it makes us feel excited every minute and my anticipation arise every now and then! I have high hopes that the ratings will increase to the extent of reaching 40+ before the drama ends! (Earnestly praying for it) haha :blush:

• Like 10

In the long trailer, when KC pulls in YJ's dad, he says: "Let's stop now." (그만하자).

so this must mean that YJ's dad has seen KC before?

maybe he's calling KC a monster, because he thinks KC killed his own family? Maybe he didnt write for that to happen? 0R....

Maybe theres another webtoon creator in KC's world who is trying to take over and dominate and YJ's dad thinks it's KC...but it's actually someone else. YJ's dad realizes this-and this why he has to kill KC-the main character of his work... If KC is destroyed, then the webtoon world will also be destroyed.

• Like 5

Does Dad have any control on the scenes where YJ appears in the manhwa world? Does the story draw itself real-time and Dad cannot do anything but watch it? 

Edit: The answers are in the ending of Ep. 2. It's so fantastic!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Does Dad have any control on the scenes where YJ appears in the manhwa world? Does the story draw itself real-time and Dad cannot do anything but watch it? 

Looks like it. Because at the hospital scene, dad watches in the real world how the webtoon adds scenes to itself. And when HJ got back to the present world near the end of the episode, she was surprised that the webtoon chapter (the one where she kissed KC) was already up. So everything important or significant that happens/will happen in the webtoon will probably be generated real time. 

I wonder what will happen to the webtoon when KC gets out into the real world.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MarieJose said:

i no longer care about the ratings .. one digits or two digits i really don't care anymore because as one of you said it's really bizarre and i'm starting to doubt them !!!! W is trending on naver/ daum/twitter .. it's prised by so many people .. it's videos are all over the top 10 and top 100 .. i even noticed that even the older videos such as the long preview of the press conf and their sectiontv interview were aded on the list ... W channel had over 3 thousands subscriber on naver but in one day it has 5 thousands .... let's not forget the real time rating .. i mean we all saw the chart .. W was on top on other dramas were down below not even close .. how can the ratings be so ... WRONG ??? I really really don't understand !!!!! 

:bawling: no matter how much i convince myself that i don't care about the ratings i still end up in reality that i really really do care.......why do i find that real time ratings doesn't have any bearing to actual ratings cuz how come we ended up with only a single digit?...how come actual ratings says a wayyyyyyy different story from real time ratings??? surprised-scream-smiley-emoticon.gif

anyway it's so nice to hear That Hyo Joo's song Don't you know in the hospital room BTS:D

• Like 7

2016072301001801300128621_99_20160722104

Article talks about how there's a ratings war between the 2 dramas right now. Their highest ratings are 1.6% apart from each other (with Uncontrollably fond leading)

post response: +157
Untitled%2B1.bmp
original post: here

1. [+3159, -104]
There was a time when actors were the ones who decided the fate of viewer ratings but not anymore. Now people will decide to watch a drama only on the basis of how fun it is

2. [+3355, -179]
W shouldn't be worried on their ratings, it's so refreshing and fun

3. [+2862, -212]
When he/she said "What the hell are you?" I got so much goosebumps this drama is freaking fun ㄷㄷㄷㄷ Seriously an hour went so fast.. The crazy drama of the season is definitely W

4. [+2414, -199]
Next week, the tables will turn for sure!!

5. [+2127, -166]
W is seriously fun ㄷㄷ

6. [+628, -59]
W is so refreshing, they have a story line that has never been used before so I'm more attracted to it. Uncontrollably fond is kinda cliche and didn't meet my expectations... W will be the winner

7. [+590, -61]
All the dramas that Lee Jongsuk plays in are fun... He really has eyes to choose his work~

8. [+530, -47]
Nowadays I don't care whether you're a top star or not... I'll watch only for the plot

9. [+526, -71]
By next week, W will win the heart of the general public!!! I'll wait until next week~!

10. [+444, -49]
I really wonder what is the true plot of W so it's freaking fun ㄷㄷㄷAnd it's freaking goosebumps inducing... It's so obvious that W was throughoutly thought out. Song Jaejong writer's dialogues are all excellent. And Jung Daeyoon director's sense is witty and cool. The actors are of course daebak too, they fit their characters

• Like 12

NO FEAR DOUBLE DIGITS WILL SOON APPEAR (I did not mean for that to rhyme)

Like I said in one of my previous posts about "W"'s  ratings.... 

Positive word of mouth, consistent buzz about the drama, very well thought out drama in terms of all aspects. Each episode keeps the anticipation going!

*Viki, W-Naver, mbcdrama_w instagram ALL GAINED FOLLOWERS AND MANY PRAISED THE DRAMA

Again this is a new concept in which needs the right director, writer, editor and cast is essential for it to work and become a smash hit in which "W" has behind them and soon WE will make it happen. 

*To be honest the episodes speak for themselves, just fantastic! makes you eagerly wanting more

Please keep faith because I have never been so confident about the success that "W" has and will achieve soon. Trust me I would be worried myself if the episodes weren't as great as they are. its not just me but I am sure W will quicken its pace next episode and soon tie if not supersede to number 1. I can't say to much about the other drama but all I know is I definitely will not be changing dramas. "W" is to refreshing, too interesting, and much more to even flip the channel

*A Lot of nietzens believe next week will be "W"'s turning point and i can't wait!

SO ANY WORRIERS OUT THERE.... CHEER UP, WE GOT THIS! W HAS GOT THIS AND SOON EVERYONE WILL KNOW AND SUPPORT THE DRAMA

*A Girl kisses Boy moment in the 2nd episode deserves a "HIGH TEN!"

• Like 13