[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

After a lot of silent readers come out, now i also want to discuss everything about SOTUS here. I really love this series, after MIR end, now i must wait every week for SOTUS and the waiting game really kill me :tears:  but it worth. I love the main couple so much, with tsundere arthit and kong who always tease arthit :wub: make me grin every time i watch them. thank you so much for everyone here who take their time to sub the interview, the spoiler and of course the series. I really appreciate it so much :flushed:

@apeach hi fellow indonesian. finally i have someone who from the same country with me. and i also feeling nostalgic with the SOTUS system because of OSPEK even i become the committee once so i know how it feels :)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, samvilerow23 said:
"Just because I'm used to it, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt anymore."

What a drama queen haha. Reminds me of how my younger brothers are on facebook, but they are 15 and 17...not 22 like Singto lol.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Haha yes he is :wub: Did you see the one with the padded shirt? For some reason I found that really funny xD Is he advertising them or something? :lol:

yeah lmao. occasionally, the captions are not even related to the image he just can't help but be dramatic lol. and he's the only thai celebrity that i follow (i'm following a lot) on ig that accompany his posts with english captions 

30 minutes ago, laval said:

What a drama queen haha. Reminds me of how my younger brothers are on facebook, but they are 15 and 17...not 22 like Singto lol.

right?! reminds me of myself too when i was in high-school 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAN said:

When is the next episode out?

oh.  every Saturday at oncehd or linetv

me too, before i was lurking.. haha. now i registered to help you translate but I'm poor enough knowledge.. so I'll be sharing the raw file for ep 6, soon.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, _-Mio-_ said:

Welcome here, both of you. Hope to see you active here. :D More people = More fun! hehe :wub: I don't understand Thai too, not a word, but I couldn't resist, watched yesterday raw episode and truly enjoyed it. I never really watch raw episodes, but this is an exception.  ^^ :heart:

I've been a silent reader too, until couple of days ago. Now after finding how fun this is... I just don't want to be silent anymore. hahaha :P

thanks for welcoming us~ :D

this thread is irresistable for many, since you all are so active. and even some people like delightful are releasing subbed videos here which is :heart:

3 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Wow really? That's kind of cool that you can relate to the series like that! I didn't know anything about Sotus or systems like that until I found out about this drama and looked it up (I'm a senior in university too right now^^). One of my friends was watching it and she was kind of confused about why the first years had to do all that stuff because she didn't know that Sotus was an actual thing in Thailand :sweatingbullets:

And thanks so much for the ep 6 spoiler! I can't wait to see it! The scene where Kongpob is all worried about Arthit and comes out in the rain to see him :wub: and Arthit's surprised face when Kongpob visits him in his room is so cute! He's all adorable and flustered and I can't wait to see it!!! Oops I think I said that twice... xD

yeah it is!! ;)

even myself couldn't believe that in thai, they have similar tradition to freshmen like in my country, which is AWESOME that I can relate to many things (I've experienced searching for upperclasses' signs too like them! XD). now I think this SOTUS kinda like systems might be around every country in southeast asia...

hello then my fellow friend. :) I think our age might be around the same. what major are youu? 

3 hours ago, samvilerow23 said:

at first i thought it was bizarre and unrealistic to see the seniors power tripping the freshmen but when someone posted on here that in thai universities things like that happen all the time i was shook. the way they use the word "hazing" very casually is a little bit alarming too. in ph, hazing means an extreme initiation for students who want to be part of a fraternity/sorority. they usually end up dead that's why the government criminalize it due to the alarming rate of deaths.

freshmen can certainly avoid all of this stress (regardless of their major of choice) if they opt not to join a club or fraternity. but i guess in thailand and other countries in south east asia, freshmen have to undergo this kind of university ritual :(

actually it's the same, just like in your country! :o

in my country, the word "hazing" was used long time ago (might be around more than 15 years ago I think) and the activities were indeed scary and even unreasonable. mostly are just disgusting things and physical contacts. but it was in the past. it's almost gone, since the government forbid universities to do such things to freshmen. nowadays more of the activities are involving meaningful tasks or homeworks which really useful to face the college-life (still it's depends on what faculty and university are you in, but not extreme like in the past). :)

2 hours ago, fani_308 said:

After a lot of silent readers come out, now i also want to discuss everything about SOTUS here. I really love this series, after MIR end, now i must wait every week for SOTUS and the waiting game really kill me :tears:  but it worth. I love the main couple so much, with tsundere arthit and kong who always tease arthit :wub: make me grin every time i watch them. thank you so much for everyone here who take their time to sub the interview, the spoiler and of course the series. I really appreciate it so much :flushed:

@apeach hi fellow indonesian. finally i have someone who from the same country with me. and i also feeling nostalgic with the SOTUS system because of OSPEK even i become the committee once so i know how it feels :)

OH! Wow hello there!! :D (should still speaking in english here? :P)

What major are you?

Many were came here to join the fun, because I think this thread is really active and even popped up first when you searched about sotus too. XD

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fani_308 said:

Hiii... me too from Indonesia... one of reason follow this series because same with u, I`ve been nostalgic with sotus or "ospek" in our country.. I like so much this series, this series remembered me about freshment must ask to sign senior, must came to university early morning (6 am), phisycal exercise, etc. in my country arthit and his friends called "komdis" or discipline comitte,several years ago they were scaring for me.. I could understand freshmen feeling... :) but in reality they just acting for diciplining us and I.think scene beach, kongpob and other freshmen will  do inauguration to be engineering students by seniors, and after inauguration, senior ask to this new students for join with assamblage of students.. :) if we join assamblage of students many benefit for us example about lesson, frienship with senior, more confident, and the future if we difficult for get job senior will try help us :), thank u sotus series for storyline very meaning for me and very reality... 

Patiencely waiting next episode and sub!! Sotus not release bts?I hope gmm tv will release soon... really like the ending song and cause of lotus I`ve been interested thai language... maybe will try learn it :D

Sorry if my english not good... :)

• Like 6

Hi there,, i've been a silent reader since this topic only had 3 pages, and because it took a while for this series to come out so i didn't really take attention to it until it finally released and this forum now, already 40 pages? :crazy: Well, i'm very fond of this series from the moment i watched the first one and can't wait to watch for the next next episodes. I do really enjoy it and appreciate everyone who contributes to sub, make gif, or just share the infos. I wish that i could understand Thai so i can help you all making sub. It's embarrassing actually because it's been 5 months since i stepped my feet in this country, i live and work here (but i'm indonesian). I'm trying so hard to learn it after all. Well, nice to know you all. :grin: keep sharing everything about STS here, it's getting more and more interesting i think.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, delightful said:

Okay, I'm done with translating ep.5, I just need to time it. I'm going to bed now so when I wake up I'll time it. Goodnight all!!! :expressionless:

Damn I was hoping Arthit would be nicer after Kongpope won that competition. But he wasn't!!!! The 4th year seniors sound a lot more reasonable to me, they came to protect the precious freshies! LOL!

Thank you so much!:blush::heart:

Another silent reader right here! Hahah greetings from Brazil :)

I've been following this thread since it was on page 6 and here we are, guys: 40 pages!

About Sotus: yep, I already watched the 5th episode with no subs and I literally screamed the whole time haha can't wait for the subs and the 6th episode xD

8 hours ago, delightful said:

Okay, I'm done with translating ep.5, I just need to time it. I'm going to bed now so when I wake up I'll time it. Goodnight all!!! :expressionless:

Damn I was hoping Arthit would be nicer after Kongpope won that competition. But he wasn't!!!! The 4th year seniors sound a lot more reasonable to me, they came to protect the precious freshies! LOL!

You were SO fast! Haha

Thank you so much for the hard work. :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, delightful said:

Aww thank you for your kindness to us hopeless International fans :sweatingbullets: Su su na ^^

8 hours ago, apeach said:

Hi guys! :grin:

I'm new here. Just made an account only for this thread. I've been stalking this thread for days and can't resist to join. LOL XD

I really love SOTUS: The Series, even from the first time when the 1st trailer is out. The actors and story really looks promising. And this is the only drama that I can't resist to watch the unsubbed ver yet I don't understand Thai at all... :sweatingbullets:

This drama REALLY made me reminiscing about my freshmen year (I'm into senior this semester)... There's also this kind of event-for-freshmen in my college which mostly called 'OSPEK' in my country (Indonesia). The tasks mostly similar with the one in SOTUS. We also have to make our nametags which the design must be the same as the example from the OSPEK committee, bring exact foods which is the answer from some questions, and such. It's completely similar with SOTUS, but the difference is since I'm majoring in psychology, the physical workouts isn't as extreme as in SOTUS. We were more mentally tested. I was like Kongpob when I was participating the events (but not to the point where I'm brave enough to 'fight' the juniors. Only gossiping with my friends on their back and not doing the tasks completely as they asked to. LOL), but then my mind changed after I know that in my faculty, the event like SOTUS is based on some psychology theories that applicated to us (freshmen), so we can be ready to face the college-life. I was even being a sub-leader in the OSPEK for my freshmen when I was in junior year. :P

Well... sorry for some unnecessary sharing. XD

Actually I want to share this thing I found on IG about ep 6:

Reveal hidden contents

Hello, so happy I can meet meet Indonesian friend here :D. your story reminds me about my OSPEK back then. yeah, we should make nametags, wear hat and sometimes strange attributes LOL, do physically exercises and a ton of academics homeworks that should be done in one night :sweatingbullets:. I'm surprised when I know that friends from other countries here didn't experience it.did you remember how long was your OSPEK? I wonder how come SOTUS is held in several months while my OSPEK was only a week.

7 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

I live streamed the One HD version, but part way through it started lagging and buffering more so I missed some stuff. Then I started watching the raw of the One HD version that someone uploaded, but not too long after the Line TV version came out and I had work to do so I just went back and watched the Line TV version later :sweatingbullets: (and have already rewatched it another time since lol). Haha sorry that's a really long explanation for me to just say that I'm not sure about the differences between the One HD version and the Line version for ep 5.

555 it's ok I like your narration :D. watching this series is very addicting. there's not enough just live streaming and watching one version. so there's no difference, right? actually I hope I can watch extra scene like when Arthit's head hit on the wall in ep 3 555.

Edited by Lindsey Jung
  • Like 4

Guest delightful

Okay, I started timing it an hour ago and it's halfway done. BUTTTT I have to shower for work now.. Wish I could do this instead of work, it's so much more fun watching Series than going to work. arggggh. Sorry, y'all will have to wait  for me to finish work and come home to finish timing. And thanks for all the kind words guys, I hope my subbing/translation is good enough, since I'm picking up at episode 5, I don't know the previous storylines or characters. I hope I'm not messing it up too much. Anyhow, I'm off to live my mundane 'real life' now, a world where I can't tell anyone that I love to fangirl over boy love. LOL! The struggle is real!!!! :bawling:

22 minutes ago, delightful said:

Okay, I started timing it an hour ago and it's halfway done. BUTTTT I have to shower for work now.. Wish I could do this instead of work, it's so much more fun watching Series than going to work. arggggh. Sorry, y'all will have to wait  for me to finish work and come home to finish timing. And thanks for all the kind words guys, I hope my subbing/translation is good enough, since I'm picking up at episode 5, I don't know the previous storylines or characters. I hope I'm not messing it up too much. Anyhow, I'm off to live my mundane 'real life' now, a world where I can't tell anyone that I love to fangirl over boy love. LOL! The struggle is real!!!! :bawling:

That's okay take your time don't feel pressure because us please. You already work hard for us I'm really grateful to you:grin:. I'm glad we have this forum so we can talk and discuss about bl that we can't do in real life, no one can understand us like here^_^.

11 hours ago, samvilerow23 said:

at first i thought it was bizarre and unrealistic to see the seniors power tripping the freshmen but when someone posted on here that in thai universities things like that happen all the time i was shook. the way they use the word "hazing" very casually is a little bit alarming too. in ph, hazing means an extreme initiation for students who want to be part of a fraternity/sorority. they usually end up dead that's why the government criminalize it due to the alarming rate of deaths.

freshmen can certainly avoid all of this stress (regardless of their major of choice) if they opt not to join a club or fraternity. but i guess in thailand and other countries in south east asia, freshmen have to undergo this kind of university ritual :(

it's actually the same in Indonesia too, there has been several physical injury and death cases too before, especially from those colleges that has 'military-like' system in its curriculum.
but after the government forbid any physical contact for this kind of event (SOTUS in Thai, OSPEK in Indonesia), those cases are decreasing to non-existence. and nowadays OSPEK is mainly focused on preparing freshmen to enter college life, by giving them tasks such as asking signature from the seniors, homework, sometimes there even a national record breaking in some universities here in Indonesia. and most of the time it was a fun activity, plus a little bit drama from seniors who keep trying to blame every single mistakes they found from freshmen. 

5 hours ago, suaang said:

Hi there,, i've been a silent reader since this topic only had 3 pages, and because it took a while for this series to come out so i didn't really take attention to it until it finally released and this forum now, already 40 pages? :crazy: Well, i'm very fond of this series from the moment i watched the first one and can't wait to watch for the next next episodes. I do really enjoy it and appreciate everyone who contributes to sub, make gif, or just share the infos. I wish that i could understand Thai so i can help you all making sub. It's embarrassing actually because it's been 5 months since i stepped my feet in this country, i live and work here (but i'm indonesian). I'm trying so hard to learn it after all. Well, nice to know you all. :grin: keep sharing everything about STS here, it's getting more and more interesting i think.

oh hi there, :D
where do you stay in Thailand? i'm indonesian and staying in bangkok

3 hours ago, Lindsey Jung said:

Aww thank you for your kindness to us hopeless International fans :sweatingbullets: Su su na ^^

Hello, so happy I can meet meet Indonesian friend here :D. your story reminds me about my OSPEK back then. yeah, we should make nametags, wear hat and sometimes strange attributes LOL, do physically exercises and a ton of academics homeworks that should be done in one night :sweatingbullets:. I'm surprised when I know that friends from other countries here didn't experience it.did you remember how long was your OSPEK? I wonder how come SOTUS is held in several months while my OSPEK was only a week.

555 it's ok I like your narration :D. watching this series is very addicting. there's not enough just live streaming and watching one version. so there's no difference, right? actually I hope I can watch extra scene like when Arthit's head hit on the wall in ep 3 555.

i kind of wondering the same thing, here in kasetsart university (the university where both singto and krist enrolled :phew:) they held the event for several weeks since this semester started back in august, just a few days ago they finished the freshy night and chose the freshy boy and freshy girl. that freshy night is a very big event, they held a concert in rugby field and there were a popular Thai band performing and the MC is one of the side cast in Hormones the series (the one that is a friend with Win, a brother of Khwan, and Sprite's boyfriend, i forgot who is he) why didn't they contact their seniors (read: singto and krist) to be the MC instead :bawling:. i thought that after that the event will be totally finished, but there are several activities for those freshmen to continue until this week.

back in my university in indonesia, they held this orientation days for only 3-7 days (...for freshmen, and the committee is the juniors, and held in campus level), this is the easiest OSPEK for me, then another 3 days (...after i became sophomore, and the committee is the juniors, and held in faculty level), then another 2 months (...still for the sophomore and held by the juniors, in departement/major level), after i enter junior year we held the event for sophomore and we were SOTUSed (disciplined/watched/controlled/under supervision) by seniors for 2 months :scream: this is the most tiring, we held the event and also get the blame from the senior. then in senior year we supervised the junior and we were also supervised by alumni, we didn't really do anything in particular except 'helping' juniors preparing the event (of course by nagging, comparing to the time we were the committee, protesting here and there), but if there's mistakes, we still get the blame from alumni. so in my whole year in university i spent about one semester being SOTUSed :unamused:. but that way we tend to have stronger bond, and healthier relationship with each other compared to other major in my faculty :lol:

okay i forgot to mention what kind of activities that we actually did there, mostly we're having fun by dancing (the junior year will be given a choreography by the senior) called as 'ornamen'
some of us even do it in public place (because we're too attached to the choreo) like here:

https://youtu.be/2F1JAZOwTg4

that one was actually the choreography for the sophomore (it's me and my friend during our junior year/when we're the committee) face painting, drawing (actually it's designing our department park/garden due to our major, landscape architecture), gardening (applying what we designed before), performing musics, songs, dances, trip and camping to highlands, playing games, and making a 'masterpiece' from recycled materials like this

B27FVNQCYAASKUq.jpg:large

that lion is made from old newspaper, the lion's mane is made from outer part of coconut fruit (? coconut's skin) the height is about 1.6 meters, and many other activity that mainly involve creativity and hours of work. but there's still scolding from the 'elder' that creates all the dramas, but there is no physical punishments. sorry for this whole random ramblings:lol:

Edited by arsidians
  • Like 4

It's very interesting reading about SOTUS and OSPEK. Damn life's hard for you guys. I am a Canadian. I am so lucky I am in Canada...I am too outspoken to comply with orders. When I entered university, my orientation week was filled with fun activities and welcome parties. All the respect to all the freshies who go through all this. You guys are pretty brave.

• Like 4

Guest delightful

Yes, Thai Universities do have this type of hazing tradition, but it isn't to this extreme. If a new student got hurt from the hazing then it would be a big deal, the tradition is meant for the new students to become friends with their new friends and build a good friendship system. And also a buddy-like system for the new students with the older seniors. The tradition was created so that the seniors would be approachable when the new students needed guidance in school or personal life. But the series dramatized it for our viewing pleasure, it even says so at the beginning of the show that I just translated. So don't worry, about this happening in a real Thai school, and if it does that senior would be punished and could be expelled if the teachers/professors are notified.

From experience... damn giving away my age again... We only played games here and there. The ones that arrived late were made to sing that chicken song in front of everyone. No one was really targeted or called out individually or harassed to the point of doing 54 rounds of the soccer field. We played games, face painting, putting flowers in our hairs, and basically telling us what the individual senior's best traits are so we could go to them for advice. I think it was very friendly and fun. We also planned a camping/survival style kind of trip to a rural countryside with our groups, but none of us were forced to come. Okay, enough of my rambling.

@delightful that actually sounds like fun. We had communities like that in our university as well. It was more...meeting once a week and doing something like camping or bowling or just talk about the lectures and homework. It was not mandatory or anything...more like if you wanna join. We were never punished in any way.

• Like 2