[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

On 28/10/2559 at 11:41 AM, delightful said:

This was their earning from last year? I thought they made more than that.. maybe I'm thinking of the entire company, this must only be for the 'tv' section, right?

No, it's not the earning of GMM's tv section, just the earning of channel One. (GMM runs 2 channels One and 25.)

On 28/10/2559 at 7:05 PM, Jay BudLight said:

Good for them... Good business means More Y series, right? LOL

But the "deficit", not profit, increased. At least, the earning is rising faster than the deficit.

On 29/10/2559 at 11:58 PM, oldgregg said:

So I have a question for y'all. I know we're all here because we love BL stories, but is anybody here interested in the opposite - Girl Love? I actually really love both BL and GL and I'm wondering if anybody here knows of any good shows for GL? I followed the dao/koi story from Hormones and I know there's a bit of a love triangle between Melon/White/Om in Part time. I've already watched the famous Yes or No movie (the second one SUCKKKEEEDDD). 

Any suggestions for others?

Mary is happy, Mary is happy is not a romance but it is a nice film. you can find it with Eng subtitle on youtube (the 360p realness tho).

The mini drama The Dreamer is not bad, you may search up for one with Eng sub on Google.

13 hours ago, tsoon0708 said:

Hey guys, I'm finally back at my place. Wow, I have almost 30 pages to catch up with in this thread... Let's see when I get to do that.

But until then, I wanted to share with you what I cooked today:

tumblr_ofvqtgQV3k1rv21v6o1_r1_1280.jpg

I was soooooo eager to find out what Arthit's favorite food from SOTUS tastes likes, so I watched various YouTube vids with recipes for it and then cooked it myself. And it tastes SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!! Mmmmmmh basil!!!! And, yes, it was very spicey with all the chili and garlic and whatnot... my poor little european palate had to take a deep breath, but it was so worth it!!!

Even had to raid various Asian stores in town to find all ingredients. (And I also found those Oishi green tea drinks!!! I mean, way to go and fall for the product placement, but I had never seen those ANYWHERE on my country before, so it was sweet to find something "sotus-y")

Also bought sala sirup, but haven't tried making pink milk yet. I'll share once I do.

So, what have you been doing during the SOTUS hiatus? :phew::DB)

Be sure to use accurate variety of basil. it has to be holy basil, not the sweet basil used in Italian cuisine. If you did use the right variety of basil, it was responsible for the hot flavor, not the garlic.). It was a very nice idea to use paprika instead of chilli pepper, you can reduce the heat, yet get the chili smell, but if you used red or yellow paprika, it helped for colorful look. I am not good at this dish, but I think it will taste better if you use combination of fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce for seasoning (thick soy sauce, not regular Thai thin soy sauce).

On 30/10/2559 at 1:34 AM, delightful said:

I know I'm over analyzing this.. but  'บางครั้ง.. โลกกลมเกินไป กลมจนฉันไม่อยากทำความรู้จักใครอีก.' Literally translate to 'Sometimes.. this world is so round, so round that I don't want to meet anymore people.'

........ SO, we all know all the various nick names that our lovely Krist goes by, right? There's Tao = turtle, Kon ='a lump/chunk of an object', and another thing they like to make fun of Krist about is his VERY round face/head. So that description under Singto's photo is like... is he referring to the fact that after meeting someone 'round' he doesn't need to meet anyone else. ... *gets all sorts of stares from you guys* Yeah, I KNOW I'm crazy!!!!

โลกกลม (rounded world) is an idiom meaning "small world" - meet someone unexpectedly. Hence, the sentence บางครั้ง.. โลกกลมเกินไป กลมจนฉันไม่อยากทำความรู้จักใครอีก means he almost always met someone he knew wherever he went.

Maybe, you already knew this and thought it might have another indirect meaning.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, delightful said:

The last post? LOL!

T.T. : Oh! You kissed a guy. @kristtps #sotustheseries

Singto: Don't be jealous, Tap.

T.T.: You husband and wife clear it up yourselves. Bye.

3 hours ago, delightful said:

The second set of tweets.
T.T. : Thanks to the sunlight for making my photo this light.
Singto: What do you have on? (something along the lines of why is your photo blurry?)
T.T.: I'm about to go see your wife. Are you not taking good care of him, is that why he's sneaking out to see me? hahahaha
Singto: Are you only getting his body? (meaning Krist's heart is still with Singto. LOL!)
I love how these boys joke with each other without any shame. No wonder we fans get all sorts of ideas. LOL! But yes, from this perverted fan's mind.. T.T. knows where he stands as he refers to Krist as Singto's wife. I go to lalaland now.

ahh thank you for translating this :D

yeah.. i really miss their interaction & teasing each other.. maybe because of the mourning period~~

• Like 15

1 hour ago, welp said:

Be sure to use accurate variety of basil. it has to be holy basil, not the sweet basil used in Italian cuisine. If you did use the right variety of basil, it was responsible for the hot flavor, not the garlic.). It was a very nice idea to use paprika instead of chilli pepper, you can reduce the heat, yet get the chili smell, but if you used red or yellow paprika, it helped for colorful look. I am not good at this dish, but I think it will taste better if you use combination of fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce for seasoning (thick soy sauce, not regular Thai thin soy sauce).

I did use holy basil. I know both the regular Italian basil and the Thai sweet basil are very different from the holy basil. Took me FOREVER to find a store that carried that one, haha. But I did it. YAAAAY!!! And you're right, the basil was quite spicy, but I still found the chilis even more spicy... But, then again, it's a different kind of spicy alltogether. ... I somewhat fell in love with the basil...:wub:

The paprika (bell peppers) wasn't used instead of the chilis. I did use the chilis just like the recipe requires (you just can't see them too well, because my camera dimmed the colors in the picture A LOT. The green was much more vibrant in real life and the small orange bits in the pic were actually red, those are the chilis.) The bell peppers were merely the added vegetable (because I couldn't get any long beans, and many Thai people apparently use bell peppers instead as well. But I agree, I should have used more red and less green, visually, because the basil leaves are green already.

As for the sauce, yeah, I did a mix of oyster sauce, fish sauce, thin soy sauce and dark soy sauce. That's what all the recipes that I found suggested, so I used those accordingly.

(I'm very nitpicky about cooking, so if I dip my toes into cold water with cooking something that I'm not familiar with, then I usually research various recipes for that meal, and filter out the gist of what is essential and what is optional and then I always stick to the essentials 100%. From all the recipes I found - I only looked at recipes from actual Thai cooks and not from any foreigners - I gathered that the holy basil, oyster-, fish-, thin- and dark soy sauce as well as garlic and thai chilis are essential and could be found in everybody's recipe, although the ratio varied slightly, but... yeah they were all definitely necessary. However, the added vegetable can vary. Some people cook this with long beans, others use bell peppers, others use carrots, others use spring onions, others use a mix of veggies... apparently it's up to personal taste.:blink:... so many options.)

Oooh, and I also learned how to fry an egg Thai style (gotta say I like the Thai style better than French style where dark edges and bubbles are frowned upon). :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tsoon0708 said:

I did use holy basil. I know both the regular Italian basil and the Thai sweet basil are very different from the holy basil. Took me FOREVER to find a store that carried that one, haha. But I did it. YAAAAY!!! And you're right, the basil was quite spicy, but I still found the chilis even more spicy... But, then again, it's a different kind of spicy alltogether. ... I somewhat fell in love with the basil...:wub:

The paprika (bell peppers) wasn't used instead of the chilis. I did use the chilis just like the recipe requires (you just can't see them too well, because my camera dimmed the colors in the picture A LOT. The green was much more vibrant in real life and the small orange bits in the pic were actually red, those are the chilis.) The bell peppers were merely the added vegetable (because I couldn't get any long beans, and many Thai people apparently use bell peppers instead as well. But I agree, I should have used more red and less green, visually, because the basil leaves are green already.

As for the sauce, yeah, I did a mix of oyster sauce, fish sauce, thin soy sauce and dark soy sauce. That's what all the recipes that I found suggested, so I used those accordingly.

(I'm very nitpicky about cooking, so if I dip my toes into cold water with cooking something that I'm not familiar with, then I usually research various recipes for that meal, and filter out the gist of what is essential and what is optional and then I always stick to the essentials 100%. From all the recipes I found - I only looked at recipes from actual Thai cooks and not from any foreigners - I gathered that the holy basil, oyster-, fish-, thin- and dark soy sauce as well as garlic and thai chilis are essential and could be found in everybody's recipe, although the ratio varied slightly, but... yeah they were all definitely necessary. However, the added vegetable can vary. Some people cook this with long beans, others use bell peppers, others use carrots, others use spring onions, others use a mix of veggies... apparently it's up to personal taste.:blink:... so many options.)

Oooh, and I also learned how to fry an egg Thai style (gotta say I like the Thai style better than French style where dark edges and bubbles are frowned upon). :wub::wub::wub:

Wow this sounds so good! You have my mouth watering first thing in the morning :o Yeah often times the picture can't capture just how good the food looks! I really need to go eat some Thai food soon. Thanks for sharing about your Thai cooking experience :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsoon0708 said:

Carrot and spring onion? that's off. If you can't get long bean, I suggest you bush bean, young green pea or any kind of young bean that is eaten as vegetable as substitute. (I think bush bean is tastier, but it's significantly more expensive here.) Also, for more green, cucumber slices can be used as edible garnish. Bell pepper is not a common optional ingredient for this menu here  (possibly because paprika is 2x more expensive than long bean here.)

By saying thick soy sauce, I meant those Japanese or Chinese soy sauce which were thicker. The Thai dark soy sauce is soy sauce + molasses. You'll need sugar if you don't use dark soy sauce.

I never think one must use "Thai bird's eye chilli" for Thai cuisine. The Thai ourselves cannot tell the difference of smells different varieties of chills. You are free to use any kind of chilli you like.

I find the brown rim of fried egg tasty, yet I prefer medium, not well done, fried egg, especially for pad kaprao. You should also try Thai omelette. I suggest you carrot and spring onion addition for both look and nutrient.

• Like 4

Guest delightful
5 hours ago, welp said:

โลกกลม (rounded world) is an idiom meaning "small world" - meet someone unexpectedly. Hence, the sentence บางครั้ง.. โลกกลมเกินไป กลมจนฉันไม่อยากทำความรู้จักใครอีก means he almost always met someone he knew wherever he went.

Maybe, you already knew this and thought it might have another indirect meaning.

I know, I was going for the 'literal' translation. Just let my imagination run wild once in a while. ;)

2 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

SO CUTE :love: One of the first things I saw after waking up this morning

He just commented that he's gotten fatter?!?!?!?! Where? I think his face is perfect right there! Don't lose anymore weight na! Want to hug him so bad... or just go sit with Krist and compare their cheeks, then Singto will feel better.

2 hours ago, naboos said:

And he's at it again.....

Reveal hidden contents

Not signed in

So.. I was re-watching the ocean/beach scene where the freshmen boys were being told to take their shirts off and go sit in the water. I would had liked it if P'Nott did the same thing. *nosebleed*

3 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

SO CUTE :love: One of the first things I saw after waking up this morning

Spoiler

OMG SO CUTE... I'm going crazy here... I'll just keep replaying this for couple of minutes until I lose it altogether. :lol: :wub:  Maybe I shouldn't watch it too many times... not good for my heart!

@naboos THAT FREAKING PHOTO... :o *stares* OK... ok... I am okay...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, naboos said:

And he's at it again.....

Hide contents

Not signed in

OMG ICE

I'm not okay......... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

38 minutes ago, delightful said:

I know, I was going for the 'literal' translation. Just let my imagination run wild once in a while. ;)

He just commented that he's gotten fatter?!?!?!?! Where? I think his face is perfect right there! Don't lose anymore weight na! Want to hug him so bad... or just go sit with Krist and compare their cheeks, then Singto will feel better.

So.. I was re-watching the ocean/beach scene where the freshmen boys were being told to take their shirts off and go sit in the water. I would had liked it if P'Nott did the same thing. *nosebleed*

I like your version too 555

Whattt. He's so cute just as he is :) Lol compare their cheeks :lol: Krist's cheeks are so cute. I just love that they are such a popular topic!

I would have liked that too ;-; We may not have survived the beach scene though... I mean if he was there in the water too... and if they actually gave us some shots of the boys more out of the water... And a KnotTew interaction of some sorts to top it off... You've started me down a dangerous path @delightful! I need to stop thinking about this before my brain explodes

• Like 3

Guest delightful
7 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

OMG ICE

I'm not okay......... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I like your version too 555

Whattt. He's so cute just as he is :) Lol compare their cheeks :lol: Krist's cheeks are so cute. I just love that they are such a popular topic!

I would have liked that too ;-; We may not have survived the beach scene though... I mean if he was there in the water too... and if they actually gave us some shots of the boys more out of the water... And a KnotTew interaction of some sorts to top it off... You've started me down a dangerous path @delightful! I need to stop thinking about this before my brain explodes

I'm sorry for having to do this.. but when you're about to explode I'll just remind you of Aim's boobies. LOL! I remember someone wrote that he needed to go shopping for a bra, I was like.. huh? what does that mean? Then I finally put it together. I actually like his 'chest'. LOL~!

7 hours ago, welp said:

Thank you for this tip - I've always resorted to using "thai basil", which is evidently more sweeter!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, delightful said:

I'm sorry for having to do this.. but when you're about to explode I'll just remind you of Aim's boobies. LOL! I remember someone wrote that he needed to go shopping for a bra, I was like.. huh? what does that mean? Then I finally put it together. I actually like his 'chest'. LOL~!

:dizzy:

...OMO the beach scene has so much potential to destroy us all if we spend too much time thinking about it... if I ever write something about the beach scene... *nosebleeds* 

Now I'm just thinking of @erngust's beach scene gifs. In particular the shirtless Em/New ones :wub: ...okay maybe the Oaujun ones too :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, sing2krist said:
Spoiler

CwESnobUsAAGR9d.jpg

Wow this picture is so pretty :wub: Singto looks so good

• Like 3

5 hours ago, welp said:

Carrot and spring onion? that's off. If you can't get long bean, I suggest you bush bean, young green pea or any kind of young bean that is eaten as vegetable as substitute. (I think bush bean is tastier, but it's significantly more expensive here.) Also, for more green, cucumber slices can be used as edible garnish. Bell pepper is not a common optional ingredient for this menu here  (possibly because paprika is 2x more expensive than long bean here.)

Yeah, there was a video of a professional chef who is Thai (born and grown up in Thailand and now lives in the US) and he suggested it, as well as the option of bell peppers. And the bell peppers were actually used in the recipe by another chef. I guess if you're a professional cook, money is less of an issue, maybe? Or maybe it's a regional thing? But, in any case, I'll definitely try the long beans next time, they're not hard to find here and I love beans just as much as bell peppers. :)

5 hours ago, welp said:

By saying thick soy sauce, I meant those Japanese or Chinese soy sauce which were thicker. The Thai dark soy sauce is soy sauce + molasses. You'll need sugar if you don't use dark soy sauce.

Ah, yeah, I used a Thai brand. But I still added a bit of sugar (not much, just a teaspoon or so), because I also added a tiny bit of water, to keep the chicken hydrated slightly.

I never think one must use "Thai bird's eye chilli" for Thai cuisine. The Thai ourselves cannot tell the difference of smells different varieties of chills. You are free to use any kind of chilli you like.

I find the brown rim of fried egg tasty, yet I prefer medium, not well done, fried egg, especially for pad kaprao. You should also try Thai omelette. I suggest you carrot and spring onion addition for both look and nutrient.

Ooooh, thank you so much for the suggestions!!! :lol:

And before I forget!!! I tried the pink milk today...

tumblr_ofxkr77ipb1ughf7ho1_540.jpg

Weirdly enough, it tasted very familiar, even though I've never drunk this in my life, and I'd swear that I've never come across salak sirup before... But maybe it was in something I had when I was a kid.

It also tastes a tiny bit similar to banana milk, if you ignore the color...

In any case, this was WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too sweet for me. Although, I do have to admit, that it would have certainly counter balanced the heat of the Pad Kaprao... Hmm.

And I have a question for those of you who are lactose intolerant... Can you drink condensed milk and evaporated milk without any problems or does that cause issues for lactose intolerant people?

• Like 7