[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

9 hours ago, NRGchick said:

Looking at my orders...it looks like the photo essay is released on the 8th. So I still have more than a week before the OST and photo essays reach my hands....arghh.. the impatience! 

chingu on what online shop did you order it?i want to get one too but i dunno which shop to buy.lol.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Grace1003, I totally understand you about the traps and the potential pressure put on the stars with interview questions like that. On the other hand, I think the reporters are just trying for questions that their readers will find interesting, and if the star answers a question in a way that strikes the public poorly, then that controversy probably makes for better reading from the point of view of the reporter. I think both PBG and KYJ have handled all questions with grace, and PBG has handled all of his questions with honesty and depth, not shying away from them, which surprised me a bit, but also makes me appreciate him more. I do hope the reporters give both of them a break though and stop trying to create controversies that aren't even there. As for the ratings promise, this seems to be a staple in an interview repertoire. I actually kind of feel sorry for stars who make ratings promises which don't have to be carried out since their dramas don't do that well or as well as expected. But, anyway, since they're so popular with the fans, I think ratings promises are here to stay. I also think that it puts additional pressure on the stars, however, so agree with you on that point. 

I understood @Grace1003's and @stroppyse's concerns from questions which might create potential controversy from news's scoop without voice&full answers' explanation&tone to show intention esp. traps or outmaneuvering  in order to creat headline news.

However, when there are over than 50 medias awaiting in queue to interview and present their news which would positively broadcast how amazingly famous Park Bo Gum is and how Moonlight Drawn By Clouds's casts &crews have done via the representative speaker as Park Bo Gum. In the intense situation that Park Bo Gum can give only 2 days for all medias.

As medias mentioned that some got group interviews which have resulted in similar answers to present. Some got separate interviews which limited to approx 45 minutes, these have been done in 2 days with accurate arrangement. 

Park Bo Gum informed them that he would talk faster than his general being which has already been a fast speed speaker in order to give effusion from a lot in his mind and effectively the media got long interviews. 

Actually it might be more difficult for medias to release Park Bo Gum's news at the same time because of 2-days post drama interviews; therefore, medias must try much harder to find interesting questions and ways to attract readers.

That is Medias' compulsory task. Cooperative interviews might show celebrity's sincere determination to medias. 

From Kim Hyung's interview, he mentioned PBG's opinion that even in busy schedule, PBG wanna attending full 5-days Cebu. (even as we knowed he had to leave for LA within 2 days like this) I thought medias have to bear his choice also. 

Kim Yoo Jung has already given 4 days post drama interviews, not sure whether there might be more. This might be preferable to gradually release news. There might be much more separate interviews. 

As we read interviews over days, because Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung are reliably witty, their overall interviews have been nicely presented with thorough thoughts in mind and deliver approprate messages to show their effort, diligence, smartness and sincerity in highly positive way (look worth for risk from controversy)

Even I am a fans of Moonlight drawn by clouds, I am very impressed to acknowledge Park Bo Gum's gratitude to Reply 1988's and any related things which initially rooted him to be in this hullyu's position in coming projects eg. PD Shin(PBG kept on msg and calling to thank from the success of Moonlight), Reply Bless(not Reply Curse as he strongly objects), Reply1988's trip. 

It is lucky for Park Bo Gum and audiences that he rejected 2nd role in the Entertainer to take male lead in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds even he has had to take more risk in young Saguek which has much less chance to be successful.

:blush: Life might be opportunity with confidence by mitigating risks and controversy as a person can; however, let it be for uncontrol. 

• Like 18

i gave up moving on from  MDBC cause seriously it's useless.:lol: i stopped rewatching it but then i still find myself subconsciously lurking on the thread and digging MDBC related articles it's ridiculous.:phew::lol: i'll prolly just go back to watching it again until i get tired of it.:lol:

• Like 14

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for posting the articles @NongpeeP. I clipped off a section from one of the interviews that you posted. His answers are all so precious, but I wondered about his answer regarding Cebu or Phuket. I wondered whether his concerns during the Cebu trip has perhaps tainted his enjoyment of it, and he, either consciously or subconsciously is giving an indication of that. Not that Phuket isn't also beautiful, but given that he had just come back from Cebu, I would have thought he would have picked Cebu rather than Phuket where he had gone for the reward trip for Answer Me 1988. However, he probably had a freer, more relaxed time in Phuket, was able to see and do more, and so has better memories there. 

Then again, he may also just have thought that Phuket was nicer. I think the articles I've read about his concern over his fans and his increasing awareness that he has to be more cautious in his actions and curb his friendly spontaneity may be causing me to read too much into this. :) 

I thought about this a lot too. I guess I was kinda sad with the answer as I feel the mobbing and stalking might have affected his enjoyment of the trip too much. From the pics and fanvids I could feel that he wasn't really enjoying it. But then again, I also think in Phuket it might have also been because of the R88 team. It brought to mind how happy and fun they all were in YOF Africa, so I console myself with that thought, that maybe he loved the Phuket trip more because he was freer and he was the maknae adored by everyone. Not that I am saying the MDBC team are no fun okay.

And yesterday, I was rewatching the first epi during my break and two of my coworkers got hooked. Haha! They immediately demanded I give them a copy of the drama and I immediately obliged. Spreading the MDBC love without even trying. This is what a good drama can do, it can market itself even to the non-kdrama people.

• Like 11

I promised that after rewatching the drama, I will let PBG go..I'm in ep.7 now..it still gives me the tingles but for me a promise is a promise...as for KYJ, I can't let her go yet...this girl has earned my respect and admiration for her honesty and discretion even at a very young and tender age...I'm looking forward to her future projects for she still has so much to offer, acting wise, that is.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Nerise said:

Is this drama good ? Should I watch it? Honest opinions will be helpful.  Thanks.

@Nerise Welcome,  this is an honest opinion. I started watching this drama as it aired live (last drama watched online as it aired live was in April 2015, ie about 18 months ago) mainly because my favourite singer Hwang Chi Yeul was reported in August to have recorded an OST for the drama. I also have a very soft spot for the main female lead Kim Yoo Jung who I think is an amazing young actress. I am so thankful that I watched MDBC because it has turned out to be a superb drama - excellent acting by practically everyone in the cast, good writing, wonderful direction, absolutely gorgeous cinematography and a magnificent OST and BGM.

This may have been posted before, but I only just watched it :)  Thanks to the maker of this FMV:

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Nerise said:

Is this drama good ? Should I watch it? Honest opinions will be helpful.  Thanks.

Are you talking about the show MDBC? If you are....... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING IT. Not only is it good but it's one of the BEST ones I've seen  (I'm being biased saying this...lol..) You're gonna have a rollercoaster ride-laughing, crying, wanting to pull your hair out, and everything else that comes with watching a show...lol...most of all you're goonna love it. It's worth a try if nothing else. 

• Like 16

(Yonhap Interview) 'Love in the Moonlight' actress shares happiness about character's growth

By Shim Sun-ah, Lee Woong

SEOUL, Nov. 1 (Yonhap) -- Actress Kim Yoo-jung, whose soap series "Love in the Moonlight" completed its two month run last month, was beaming with joy over the show's success.

But she admitted on Monday that she now feels an emptiness as the KBS series had always been around her this year.

"I can't and don't want to forget it," Kim said during an interview with Yonhap News Agency at a Seoul cafe. "I feel great that my show received so much love and support, but still I feel that there are many things which I could have done better."

Actress Kim Yoo-jung poses for a photo before an interview with Yonhap News Agency at a Seoul cafe on Oct. 31. (Yonhap)Actress Kim Yoo-jung poses for a photo before an interview with Yonhap News Agency at a Seoul cafe on Oct. 31. (Yonhap)

Kim played the female lead Hong Ra-on who serves in the royal courts after disguising herself as a eunuch and falls in love with the Crown Prince Lee Yeong who ruled the country in his ailing father's stead from 1827-1830.

Broadcast on the KBS2TV channel from Aug. 22 to Oct. 18, the 18-episode series hit a viewership of 23.3 percent at its peak, according to media research company Nielsen Korea. The viewership is high for a Monday-Tuesday night show.

Since her debut as a TV commercial model at age five, Kim has been working for more than 13 years in the entertainment scene. Many critics and media have said the latest show established her as an adult lead, shaking off her "child actor" tag.

But the 17-year-old remains cautious about the view.

"Many say this was my challenge to a grown-up character, but I don't think so. I felt Ra-on was a character being on the border between a girl and woman. I think I also grew up while delivering the growth of Ra-on. This can be seen as a preparation process to become a grown-up actor."

For her, Ra-on was more like a youthful growing boy rather than a woman pretending to be a man.

Actress Kim Yoo-jung poses for a photo before an interview with Yonhap News Agency at a Seoul cafe on Oct. 31. (Yonhap)Actress Kim Yoo-jung poses for a photo before an interview with Yonhap News Agency at a Seoul cafe on Oct. 31. (Yonhap)

One of the drama's highlights was Ra-on dancing with her face veiled with a scarf for the king in the fourth episode.

"I prepared for two months before shooting the scene. I practiced dancing out of the thought that I should not spoil the scene which the entire staff put a great deal of effort. I was happy as it was received well among viewers."

Kim confided that she waited long for a scene where she can radiate her beautiful charms as an actress.

"At an early stage, the director said 'Don't worry because you would have more chances to act as a woman in the latter part.' So I waited and waited but there was no such a scene," she said.

She said the ending scene -- where Ra-on reunites with Lee Yeong at in a flower garden after he becomes king -- was so beautiful that she had no more thirst to unleash her feminine charms in the series.

She also showed the maturity of saying that she is fine although her character doesn't look pretty if this can contribute to the show.

"I always want to be an actor whom other actors want to work with. 'Actress Kim Yoo-jung is someone whom I can trust and comfortably work with' is what I want to hear."

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

• Like 16

CwIVD08UAAEDmIs.jpg

Kim Yoo Jung shares behind-the-scene stories from '1 Night 2 Days'

By alice101 

kim-yoo-jung

Actress Kim Yoo Jung shared her experience being on '1 Night 2 Days' recently as a special guest during an interview! The actress will be making a guest appearance to promote her new upcoming film, 'Because I Loe You' with Chae Tae Hyun.

About her experience on the show, Kim Yoo Jung commented, "It was fun. I liked it...As we were filming, I thought to myself, 'Is it possible to be this happy?' The atmosphere was so good, and I made many precious memories." 

She continued, "All the oppas on '1 Night 2 Days' were so nice. Toward the end, they would even say that I should become a member on the show. We were great at teamwork... I respect those who are on variety shows," complimenting the '1 Night 2 Days' crew. 

When asked if she got any advice from Park Bo Gum, who was on the show earlier, she stated, "I actually didn't tell anyone about being on the show before. So I video called Park Bo Gum while filming with Chae Tae Hyun. He said to have fun and good luck." 

The interviewer also asked if the actress had any desire to do variety shows, and Kim Yoo Jung answered, "I want to concentrate on acting for now. Of course being on variety shows is fun and memorable, but I want to first do a lot of work as an actor. It would be difficult to be a reoccurring member, but I would like to be a guest once in a while." 

Kim Yoo Jung's episode of '1 Night 2 Days' will air mid-November! 

ALLKPOP

• Like 17