[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Hello Chingus,

Do you know where I can buy the ost cds in Korea? I have became crazy over this drama that I booked my trip to Korea this mid November.My sister said that I have never shown any interest in my life except for this MDBC that I am taking off on my own for the first time in my life..

Pls pm me to where I can buy them .thank u

• Like 12

[Interview] Park Bo Gum “I realize my heightened popularity, it gives me strength and I am also afraid”

tumblr_ofv8m4lTgq1qaf5qqo1_1280.jpg

Starting from a supporting role in the movie ‘Blind’ in 2011 to drama ‘Reply 1988’ which was broadcast last year and drama ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ which recently concluded, Park Bo Gum has rose to stardom.

From his first project ‘Blind’ to his latest project ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, he has acted in supporting roles to lead roles in various projects, and was the MC on KBS2 ‘Music Bank’, accumulating diverse experience from the activities he did. Meanwhile, Park Bo Gum’s popularity has been expanding step by step, he became a star whose name was known not just domestically, but also overseas.

Park Bo Gum’s popularity can be felt everywhere nowadays. During his recent incentive trip to Cebu, Philippines, he realized how popular he has become. It was held at a holiday destination, a place to enjoy and have a good rest but there was a joke that it changed from a holiday at the ‘seaside’ to one that was ‘in the sea’.

“After the finale, I thought I could have a rest during the vacation. But it was hard to even relax there. I could only rest above the sea or in the sea. Haha. I have not done any activities there before. It seems like they saw (the drama) through the channel KBS World.”

Even so, he does not feel burdened by his popularity. He said “The support from fans has always given me strength when I work”. He was thankful and happy. It was surprising to know that so many people liked him, and provides the strength and driving force for him to work harder.

“Surprisingly the people who like me have diverse ages. Thanks to these fans I have the strength to work. It is surprising, and I am thankful. But now I am a little afraid. It is difficult. There weren’t as many fans before compared to now. I could greet every person one by one, remember their names and had opportunities to communicate with them, but now it is difficult.”

It is not that he is afraid of the fans’ love, but he thinks it is difficult to find a correct way to treat fans. The fans will cheer because of his every move, but the people around him will be hurt as a result. He is now in a position where he has to think of/consider many factors.

tumblr_ofv8m4lTgq1qaf5qqo2_1280.jpg

“Recently I have felt this way at the Gyeongbokgung fansign and in Cebu. If I reach out my hand to greet (someone), it would disrupt the orderliness (of things). I really want to greet many fans but I have to be careful. In the past if someone said ‘Please look behind you’ I would turn back, but now it is difficult to do that. I don’t think it is easy to earn the love of fans, and I have not changed. I have not forgotten that love, I just have a lot of thoughts lately.”

In reality, there were dozens of fans gathered at the interview venue. The interview took place inside a coffee shop, the curtains and windows were closed so there was no chance to meet Park Bo Gum, or even greet him. It was to the extent that if (fans) were lucky, they could only see Park Bo Gum once in awhile when he came outside for a photo shoot.

“Now this place is where I work at. It is the place where reporters interview me and where I share my thoughts on wrapping up the drama. The same applies at the filming set. Initially I was happy when fans came to visit, but as time passed it became difficult. It was to the extent that I could not concentrate while acting. It was a little hard. I had thoughts that would seriously make people think differently.”

He really is a nice person. Before the interview started, he said “I originally speak very fast, and today I have many stories to share so I will go a little faster” and politely asked for our understanding. By the end of the interview, we saw that his face turned red from speaking too fast.

His heart in thinking of the fans is also the same. He is unable to greet only one fan, yet he is also unable to greet all the fans. It is not that he is forgetting fans’ love, not only the fans, but he also does not want to hurt other people. It seems like (Park Bo Gum) thinking of others first often causes him to feel frustrated.

tumblr_ofv8m4lTgq1qaf5qqo3_1280.jpg

“To be honest, I don’t feel burdened. I don’t think I can maintain the stress of being so popular, and in future it may not be the same. I used to think ‘showing my good side to others’ will be a burden. But it is not the case. Stress can be shared with my family by telling them stories, and eating delicious food while doing so relieves it. Running away? Recently in Cebu, Kwak Dong Yeon and I left the guide and went to eat local food. It was really fun.”

Source: SPOTV STAR

-------

[Interview] Park Bo Gum, because he is like a precious sword, that’s why he is Park Bo Gum!

Park Bo Gum, because he is like a precious sword, that’s why he is Park Bo Gum!

Because Park Bo Gum is like this, that’s why he is Park Bo Gum.

From the beginning to the end, he led the interview with ‘a good influence’.
Even though he claims ‘to have many shortcomings’, but Park Bo Gum doesn’t have any shortcomings.

He said he felt burdened before the start of KBS ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’.

“I didn’t expect to be liked by so many people. Even though I was very happy when I first got chosen for this project, but I felt a big burden. I didn’t know whether it would be successful, but my agency and family said to me ‘You are not the lead character’ so after that it became much easier for me.”

What is surprising is, even though he is a new actor, Park Bo Gum did not lack confidence while acting opposite the older seniors.

“In the beginning, I was a little scared/intimidated by the seniors’ vigor. But I still had thoughts of wanting to do well. When I acted alongside the seniors, they would take good care of me and even gave me opinions on my character Lee Yeong, so I was really thankful. As a result, the filming set also felt warm!”

‘Moonlight’ became a good resource to admire Park Bo Gum’s slyness.

For the audience who have been immersed in the character Choi Taek, they will also be easily charmed.

“I didn’t expect that there would be a sly side to me too. Haha. During the scene in the pit, Yoo Jung and I improvised a lot. From that moment I thought I could do it. It felt as if I learnt how to say my lines in a tasteful manner.”

His popularity has been increasing rapidly, Park Bo Gum still feels burdened by the weight of his crown.

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel burdened. Because of my every gesture, the fans will have an enthusiastic response, so I can’t help becoming more careful. I am afraid of causing unnecessary misunderstandings. I don’t want to cause other people to be troubled because of me, so I became more cautious.”

However, he also gained a lot.
Even though Park Bo Gum’s dream is not ‘popularity, money or fame’.

“I have not harboured thoughts of becoming famous, and then enjoying fame and fortune for life. I just want to become an actor with a good influence, that kind of person who can comfort others. I hope that while being an actor for the rest of my life,  I will stick with this mentality even till death.”

Perfection.
Because Park Bo Gum is Park Bo Gum, that’s why he is perfect.
However, he kept saying that he has many shortcomings.

“I have many shortcomings. Me. I feel like I am as small as a speck of dust. Through this drama I think that other people will also see that I have shortcomings. But this time I met seniors who can fill my shortcomings, so I felt really happy.”

Park Bo Gum’s success is due to his ‘wish note’.
A note which looks like it belongs to a girl, but thanks to it Park Bo Gum has achieved a lot.

“I have a wish note. In the past I jokingly said I wanted to win a newcomer award. I also wanted to model for a certain brand and other funny things, and I really achieved them! I began to realize that just like my expectations, just like what I’m thinking, talking about it allows me to achieve them!”

So, I asked him again.
The Crown Prince progresses forward because of love, what about Park Bo Gum then.

“They are different. I want to progress in the work I do and also progress in love. But I can only focus on one thing at a time. My capacity is limited, so it is hard to focus on other things. When it comes to love, I will also express my liking (for someone), I am the kind of person who will be immersed in only one thing. Ah now I should be focusing on school.”

Questions for Park Bo Gum.
These are NewsAde’s fixed questions.

Jjajang vs Jjjamppong?
“Jja..jjang!”

Chocolate milk vs Strawberry juice?
“Uh..pure milk!”

Cebu vs Phuket?
“Phuket!”

‘R8’ vs ‘Moonlight’?
“‘R8’ is a project that is like happiness! It was because of ‘R8’ that I could meet ‘Moonlight’. Every project is very precious to me.”

Source: NewsAde

https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/interview-park-bo-gum-i-realize-my-heightened-popularity-it-gives-me-strength-and-i-am-also-afraid/

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for posting the articles @NongpeeP. I clipped off a section from one of the interviews that you posted. His answers are all so precious, but I wondered about his answer regarding Cebu or Phuket. I wondered whether his concerns during the Cebu trip has perhaps tainted his enjoyment of it, and he, either consciously or subconsciously is giving an indication of that. Not that Phuket isn't also beautiful, but given that he had just come back from Cebu, I would have thought he would have picked Cebu rather than Phuket where he had gone for the reward trip for Answer Me 1988. However, he probably had a freer, more relaxed time in Phuket, was able to see and do more, and so has better memories there. 

Then again, he may also just have thought that Phuket was nicer. I think the articles I've read about his concern over his fans and his increasing awareness that he has to be more cautious in his actions and curb his friendly spontaneity may be causing me to read too much into this. :) 

I think the trips look different in term of privacy to enjoy leisure. 

As I watched in Youth over flowers In Africa show, they showed short clip from Reply 1988's Phuket Reward Trip(before they kidnapped 4 members from Phuket to join backpack trip in Africa), the selected hotel was privately zoned for Reply 1988's casts&crews; therefore, they can enjoy time together, almost none of others.

Plus, reply 1988 even got 20% rating in Korea but it focused on impressive script with shared roles among several casts, rather than focusing much on 2 lead roles as Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. As we knew, Park Bo Gum from Moonlight Drawn By Clouds has been skyrocketed over countries.

Apparently Park Bo Gum has to accept stopping to use public transportation after he interviewed that he won't quit till June 2016. 

• Like 11

Hello everyone, I saw a FanVid here, that I can't seem to find in YouTube again despite bookmarking it.

It's a video of Park Bo Gum (as Lee Min) and YooJung (as Oh Ah Ran) set to MDBC as a flashback from their modern lives (it has footage up to Ep12 with the sword scene etc.). It is set to Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love's, the slow 50 shades of Grey version.

If anyone finds it, or has a download of it, please let me know.

The video originally had a Chinese name, but was engsubbed and the name was changed to 'Memory's Secret."

• Like 7

so, guys, i'm so sorry, but i'm over 500 pages behind. XD;; so i don't know if this has been posted, yet....

i hope people who are interested in the dvd/blu-ray have done this already:

from past experience, this *could* run somewhere around 120,000 - 190,000 Korean won for DVDs. not even sure about blu-rays.

(disclaimer: the price information is not backed by anything except for past personal experience.)

as mentioned, though, this is just a survey.. with no obligation to buy as yet. they're trying to get the numbers to negotiate favorably for contents, etc.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

To everyone suffering through the Moonlight Drawn By Clouds blues and doesn't know why they can't find another drama to be as good as MDBC:

Welcome to my world, chingus!

This is how I live since 2012 and 2013. So it took me 4 YEARS to find another drama or should I say Moonlight Drawn By Clouds which would addict me like Nice Guy did in 2012 and make me at least participate in a drama thread like Flower Boy Next Door and Cruel City did in 2013.

So let's see if I have to wait another 4 years to find a drama which comes close to these two perfect dramas. I hope for you all that it won't take this long for you. For me I know it will because I'm super picky and the main leads need to click with eachother and with me.

So I try to stall my upcoming separation from this thread as long as possible:

Credit: I made this gif

I'm with you! Monday is still here and Tuesday hasn't come yet and I still don't know what to do with my mondays/tuesdays :(.....missing all the excitement when MDBC was ongoing. 

• Like 13

@Jillia, I adore that scene and watch it so many times haha. He's so jealous, and those eye movements are perfect! Even her friends, have got to be suspecting something, considering how jealous the Prince looks. His gaze says 'Mine! Hands off!' so clearly haha.

• Like 16

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for posting the articles @NongpeeP. I clipped off a section from one of the interviews that you posted. His answers are all so precious, but I wondered about his answer regarding Cebu or Phuket. I wondered whether his concerns during the Cebu trip has perhaps tainted his enjoyment of it, and he, either consciously or subconsciously is giving an indication of that. Not that Phuket isn't also beautiful, but given that he had just come back from Cebu, I would have thought he would have picked Cebu rather than Phuket where he had gone for the reward trip for Answer Me 1988. However, he probably had a freer, more relaxed time in Phuket, was able to see and do more, and so has better memories there. 

Then again, he may also just have thought that Phuket was nicer. I think the articles I've read about his concern over his fans and his increasing awareness that he has to be more cautious in his actions and curb his friendly spontaneity may be causing me to read too much into this. :) 

Spoiler

Whoa, @stroppyse! You voiced out my thoughts! That was my first reaction reading this interview. I really ,  really don't like questions like these because they seem to me like "traps" that could give rise to a lot of misunderstandings on the part of the actor being interviewed ,  in this case, Bogum. I've read conflicting versions...one that he was able to rest there and that he enjoyed a lot...others, that he could only enjoy when he was at sea...If I had the ability which unfortunately I don't . ..I would go to the interviews in Korean to see if some lines were lost in translation. He could easily be misunderstood for some of his responses especially this one and I really am so ticked off with the reporter who put forward this query. Of course, I consider it legitimate that actors like any other person have preferences but it doesn't have to be pursued in this context as it will put him on the spot.

Another query I don't like being asked is what they promise to do if the drama gets very good ratings. It puts so much pressure on them

• Like 13

Credits to uploader.

I'm one of those who is rewatching MDBC but I only rewatch my favourite scenes and this is one of them. 

Wonder when I can move on to another drama:( Most recent modern era dramas seem to have plenty of kissing scenes between the leads and somehow I find them too excessive and not necessary. I don't feel romance at all and even to the extend of turn-off.  What has MDBC done to me?!

• Like 19